You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 10th 2018, 12:08pm

dragagon

Unregistered

New raid idea

So I was discussing about the current game, it's state and how raiding changed a lot since GT, and how things have evolved from nothing to now.
As we were going, we started imagining new ideas for a new raid and this awesome thing came out of our brainstorm thingy that we couldn't keep it for our own!

The idea would be a raid similiar to the Wandering isle map, in a raid mode, mixed with pvp. How would that go?

Well the idea would be that it would be a 24 or 48 man raid. Depending on what devs think.

In the purple circles is where both raids would start, both raids? EXACTLY. pvp + pve.
League and Empire rushing to kill the bosses.
Bosses are located at the black and red circles. On the way between the circles could be mobs or mechanics/tactics to do.
so each raid could kill 2 bosses but the raid that kills the boss 1st, gets the loot while the other faction won't have loot for the kill. So whoever kills the 1st boss 1st, gets loot. Same concept applies for the 2nd boss.

Blue circle:
PVP ARENA WITH BUFFS. This is where both raids will have to lead as efficient as possible to use the right players with the right classes in the right setup in order to have the most winning advantage. The idea would be that buffs would spawn in the blue arena in some airborn pvp platform where the raids can fight eachother for the buffs that will be applied to their pve raid that meanwhile is clearing the PVE part, tactics, mechanics etc.

For example buffs would be: damage increases, heal increases, HOT's, DOT's on enemy pve raid, negative debuffs for the enemy raid, name it.

Red cicle:
This is where it gets awesome,
both raids will enter at the same time with the highest rank of the guild as marked, with increases hp that's like millions of billions or w/e, make it relevant. Those marked players become the bosses that the enemy factions need to kill. Now ofc you could say it's impossible with x heals, but that's where the debuffs could come in from the pvp area.
if for example there is no guild leader attending, then the next would be treasurer or SO's, and since there can be more than one of these, it would be whoever has the highest prestige aquired currently.

That's what we got so far, any ideas or comments? Hopefully this might become a thing! I was thinking in DC style.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "dragagon" (Jan 10th 2018, 12:16pm)

Wednesday, January 10th 2018, 1:47pm

The obvious downside that I see is that there's barely 2 equally strong 12-men raids on the whole server, let alone 24 or even 48 ones.

And if the difference between the raids is big, it all becomes not fun, because strong will get stronger and weak will be demotivated from participation.

Wednesday, January 10th 2018, 4:12pm

Great idea! I'd love to try that out!!

Wednesday, January 10th 2018, 4:40pm

Lioo

Professional

Occupation: Software Developer, Allods Online Moderator, Cloud Pirates Moderator

Oh well, idea sounds nice, but it's a bit all over the place.

But first things first, I guess 24 or even 48 ppl in one raid is a bit too much considering the current server population.
12 or even 6 ppl per group would be better.

also, I don't see the need that is has to be strictly league against empire, it could also be empire against empire or league against league as well (just like skirmishes, increases the change, that it might actually open).

I also think, that you are mixing too many different Ideas into one.
I like the idea of the competitions raiding, one group vs another. I don't like the idea, that the losing group should get nothing. I think getting a bit less, or on the reverse, the winning team should get a bit more (which is basically the same, but sounds better).

Your idea gets weird (at least to me) at the point, where the player gets to be the boss for the other team. The idea sounds extremely interesting (I know this concept from another game, and it's awesome), but your proposal of how to choose the "boss" is way to complicated. Maybe, just the player with the highest Gearscore? Reminds a bit of the Scarlet Bastion.

Quoted

The obvious downside that I see is that there's barely 2 equally strong 12-men raids on the whole server, let alone 24 or even 48 ones.
Yes, indeed, but there's a method that Skyforge is using to sync the power of the player in a group. It's upgrading the DPS and DEF accordingly, so that all player are somewhat equal. This won't work on Allods exactly, but the group with the lower overall Gearscore can get a buff, to be a fair match.

Very interesting concept, I really like it, but it needs some refinements here and there. But yeah, I really like it :)
Forum Code Of ConductGeneral Game RulesAccount Ownership RulesSupport Staff

• Subscribe to my Gaming or Anime YouTube Channel • Visit me on MAL

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lioo" (Jan 10th 2018, 9:40pm)

Thursday, January 11th 2018, 2:21pm

dragagon

Unregistered

Oh well, idea sounds nice, but it's a bit all over the place.

But first things first, I guess 24 or even 48 ppl in one raid is a bit too much considering the current server population.
12 or even 6 ppl per group would be better.

also, I don't see the need that is has to be strictly league against empire, it could also be empire against empire or league against league as well (just like skirmishes, increases the change, that it might actually open).

I also think, that you are mixing too many different Ideas into one.
I like the idea of the competitions raiding, one group vs another. I don't like the idea, that the losing group should get nothing. I think getting a bit less, or on the reverse, the winning team should get a bit more (which is basically the same, but sounds better).

Your idea gets weird (at least to me) at the point, where the player gets to be the boss for the other team. The idea sounds extremely interesting (I know this concept from another game, and it's awesome), but your proposal of how to choose the "boss" is way to complicated. Maybe, just the player with the highest Gearscore? Reminds a bit of the Scarlet Bastion.

Well yes it's just a plain idea. It's quite sad tbh that ideas are limited to population on MMORPG games :(
perhaps with 9.0 this might change?
And well yeah faction v same faction might be better for the current population but the idea would be obv to have some real enemies to fight against instead of having that one friend of the faction in the enemy raid u'll feel bad for :(

It's a good notice that nothing would be bad for the loser team. Exactly perhaps the winner team should get some more and this is the purpose of spreading ideas, to improve the idea :)

The idea of who becomes a (mini)boss was just randomly thought in few minutes, gs might work better indeed!
The idea I had was build for guilds only not considering faction v faction with anyone possible in the raids.
Hopefully this gets somewhere!