You are not logged in.

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 1:16am

Mini-Guide: Demonologist Racials and Reincarnation Abilties

This is a short guide listing the new racials for the new Demonologist class, as well as what reincarnation abilities are transferred to Progenitors/Incarnations.

Racials:
All racials have a 1 minute cooldown

Aoidoi (Cabbalist) - Dark Mirror:
Range: 40
The Demonologist removes a random removable positive effect from the target and turns it into a curse that inflicts x Shadow damage every second for 10 seconds.

Xadaganian (Occultist) - Shackles of Pain:

The Demonologist binds an enemy target to themselves with magic shackles. For 10 seconds, the Demo redirects 10% of the damage they take into this target.

Kanian (Heretic) - Tricky Shadow:

The Demonologist blocks the first control effect within the next 8 seconds.

Reincarnation Abilities:

Mania:
Cooldown: 1m 30s.

The Character goes into a bloody frenzy for 10 seconds, preparing for the final stage of the battle. You inflict 30% of your maximum health to yourself instantly. Damage dealt is increased by 15%. Incoming damage is increased by 10%

Demonic Leash:
Cooldown: 1m 30s.

The character gives in to their demonic side and frees themselves from all intimidating effects, becoming immune to them for 5 seconds.
You also take damage equal to 15% of your maximum health.

Personal Opinions on the racials:

Dark Mirror: The target must have a positive effect on them for this ability to be usable. A very powerful tool in PvP and potentially useful in PvE.

Shackles of Pain: This is the best racial for Demonologists. Percentage-based effects are generally stronger than value-based effects, so this should end up doing more damage than Dark Mirror. What makes SoP stand out is that it's 10% of all incoming damage, so you can gather up a group of mobs and make burning down one of them much easier.

Tricky Shadow: This doesn't remove effects, just prevents the next one from applying to you. Could have niche usefulness in PvE where you can preemptively counter a Boss' CC, but will primarily be used in PvP.

And lastly, a Fun Fact: Shackles of Pain and Tricky Shadow are of the Holy Element.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "user_1104294" (Feb 23rd 2018, 7:03pm)

Friday, February 23rd 2018, 9:39pm

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 5:52am

No, I don't. I did this because I did a similar guide for all of the other classes back in 7.0 ( and I'm almost certain there haven't been changes to the Racials since then, though I know I've missed the two Engineer racials from Arisen and Gibberlings) and for the Aoidoi when they were released.

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 11:03am

Jinn

Intermediate

Thanks for that helpful guide..
^ . ^

Saturday, February 24th 2018, 1:19pm

Mania seems like a really strong choice for pve

Rate this thread