You are not logged in.

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 2:35am

dragagon

Unregistered

The calculation of tradeable gear value

The calculation of tradeable gear value
So, I wanted to calculate how much I should account people for when I craft a requested item with the new gear system.
I was awfully surprised and I am hoping by posting this here, I might find what my mistake is.
Embrace my math:

Starting of, people ask you to craft for them, so you gain nothing out of it. so it should cost you nothing either. Therefor all calculations are made from tradeable goods, to be accounted for the requester (buyer).
The profession used here it leatherworking, but I am sure it all aplies the same process and prices for all other professions.

Reforged material.
You need 5 of these per craft for 20/30/40/50 Enchanted processed demon skin. 10 Reforged Material is 100 dust, 15 amalgam and 1k gold.
this makes it for one Reforged Material: 10 dust, 1.5 amalgam and 100 golds.

Dust
So 5 of these cost 50 dust, Dust is not tradeable, meaning it'd come from the seller's time to farm it. Unless, you use (cheapest version) : Experimental Symbol of Abundance, costs 29bc. So price would depend on the bc exchanger. Currently sell tab is at 3600 gold, meaning that this item costs 104 400 gold. To gain only 50 dust for the craft, (so that the seller has to spend the minimal time farming for something of no gain at all) we need 50 dust, but to reach that, the minimal we can craft is 100 dust, costing for the crafter
104 400g, but we need only 50, so 104 400 /2 = 52 200 golds, now we have the price in gold for 50 dust.
Because this might be confusing, a small conclusion:
Cost for crafter on dust is 104 400 gold.
What the crafter needs per craft is the value for 5 Reforged Materials in dust, being 52 200 golds.

Amalgam
Ofcourse we don't want the crafter to spend his time on farming the materials for an item for someone else, so we convert it to a cost for the requester (buyer).
So the minimal farming the seller will have to do is 1 amalgam, then he can use the Strong Catalyst from CS, being 60bc each. Converts 1 amalgam into 15. Exactly enough for one craft of Reforged material, but we need only half of these, so 60bc/2 = 30bc * 3600 (gold/bc) = 108 000 golds. Now we know the price in gold per craft attempt for Enchanted processed demon skin.

Gold
The gold cost for 10 Reforged Material is 1k gold, but we need only 5 per craft, so 1k/2 = 500 golds.

Combined cost for Reforged Material for a single craft ( 10 pieces/ 2 = 5 pieces)
52 200 + 108 000 + 500 = 160 700 gold. For 5 Reforged Materials.

So we can have ONE attempt to craft now this Enchanted processed demon skin. Depending on our RNG (scary), we can get either 20/30/40/50 of these, per craft. To craft a gear piece, we need 150 Enchanted processed demon skin. Let's assume we have AVERAGE luck, and craft only succesfully with green procs, making us craft 5x to have enough materials for one gear piece. 5 crafts = 25 Reforged Material, cost for 5 Reforged Material is 160 700* 5 = 803 500 golds.

Ultra Strong Twine
This is a simple item, these are of equal cost for any other profession, We need 65 of these per gear craft, costing us 42 120 gold.

Lastly we need one Demonic Essence, This is gained from farming mobs in KOE, so this should be supplied by the buyer since farming it is fairly easy.

Conclusion
NPC Material 42 120
Reforged Material 803 500
Demonic Essence farm
------------------------------------------
845 620
This all coming down to ONE attempt to craft a a gear piece, comes down a total of 845 620 gold. DOUBLING it's cost if your craft results to be below 90% on both defensive and offensive stats of the item gear. Currently equalling to 234,89444444444444444444444444444 bc per craft = 2.34 euros per gear piece. By requesting a crafting order from another player without ripping off the crafter.

ADDED INFO: Sorry for previous post, calculations were wrong because I had not seen the 10 pieces per craft, instead I calculated 1 piece per craft - ignore this ADDED INFO if you do not know what this is about.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "dragagon" (Feb 28th 2018, 4:19pm)

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 10:51am

Eddy

Intermediate

Forget that, just farm astral 10-15h per day, and u will get your full set rlly fast.. I got full epic's 90% 90 % from astral in 6 days.. In my opinion its better to farm gear from astral instead of crafting, cuz many ppl crafted gear, and in few runs they got same part from astral :D

Best option is to keep all 90 % 90 % astral gear (cloth, leather, plate) when u get full set, just use morpher :D
Russian p2p / leauge side / Ремпэйдж

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 11:45am

I need to say, u are wrong, u get for 100 dust and 15 ama 10 forged materia, if u use, like u say, 500 dust u need 75 amalgam too and u get 50 forged materia, with 50 forged materia u can try 10x crafting

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 12:36pm

dragagon

Unregistered

I need to say, u are wrong, u get for 100 dust and 15 ama 10 forged materia, if u use, like u say, 500 dust u need 75 amalgam too and u get 50 forged materia, with 50 forged materia u can try 10x crafting

And for this purpose, I like sharing speculations. Thanks for clarifying, adjusted calculations.

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 1:36pm

[q] is crafting blue gear will be posible in future ?

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 2:35pm

Eddy

Intermediate

[q] is crafting blue gear will be posible in future ?
Yes, with every next stage u will be able to buy scroll from profession npc, 40k gold...that scrolls will give u ability to craft blue items...
Russian p2p / leauge side / Ремпэйдж

Tuesday, February 27th 2018, 2:43pm

rozetri

Intermediate

It costs amalgam now to forge gear? LOL. So basically every profession other than Weaponsmithing is pointless. There's a real advantage to be gained by having a stronger weapon, but the relatively tiny boosts for the price from profession armor compared to astral armor mean you're better off saving your coin for proper gear. Pretty eye-opening information and sadly says a lot about the state of crafting these days.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Wednesday, February 28th 2018, 4:21pm

dragagon

Unregistered

It costs amalgam now to forge gear? LOL. So basically every profession other than Weaponsmithing is pointless. There's a real advantage to be gained by having a stronger weapon, but the relatively tiny boosts for the price from profession armor compared to astral armor mean you're better off saving your coin for proper gear. Pretty eye-opening information and sadly says a lot about the state of crafting these days.

Astral armor is the same as profession armor, the difference between these 2 is the way of gaining them.
Armor surely helps in surviving better be it pve or pvp, where as in pvp, it really does matter.