You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 1st 2014, 5:09pm

Yulian

Intermediate

• "Yulian" started this thread

Fire build for pve? - Problem Solved

So would a mobile fire build for pve would be possible?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Yulian01" (May 5th 2014, 5:43am)

Thursday, May 1st 2014, 7:51pm

Fire fits more for PvP .

Thursday, May 1st 2014, 8:39pm

Yulian

Intermediate

Gee thx I didn't knew that:D I know it fits more for pvp and that ice lighting so far is better in pve but still I would rly like some fir build for pve with fire meteor and fire shock and all that

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 11:02am

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 12:42pm

Yulian

Intermediate

Nice I supose but lighting jolt is useless in the build you posted , it is not? I mean no elemtal cylce lighting force points spell:D

Friday, May 2nd 2014, 2:52pm

Sunday, May 4th 2014, 11:55am

Yulian

Intermediate

Oh someone reply and share your thoughts already

Sunday, May 4th 2014, 12:01pm

skullskaldy

Beginner

i don't really see the benefit from this build over the normal fire/ice for pvp and ice/light in pve
and icy comet/meteor is OP

Sunday, May 4th 2014, 4:58pm

Yulian

Intermediate

The benefit is cus i'm kinda tired of ic'/lighting and fire/ice and wanting something different

Sunday, May 4th 2014, 8:28pm

Yulian

Intermediate

and now i am past lvl 15 with http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc#!2!332....3…f/WYBRE!a/A!a/A this so i want to see your thoughts on this pls advice me:D

Monday, May 5th 2014, 12:25am

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

and now i am past lvl 15 with http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc#!2!332....3…f/WYBRE!a/A!a/A this so i want to see your thoughts on this pls advice me:D

Ice flow is waste of talents since on r3 it makes the same thing what on r1 (no big difference in dmg).
at lvl 15 you cant do much of a build and as Skull said, maybe its ordinary but why to change something that works perfectly. You will see that the disadvantages from fire+light build will be greater then the advantages for pve, where for ice + light its other way around.

Also, as I notice playing with some builds, the metor you took, does sht dmg and has long cast time (even with rubies its 3.5s) where for ice comet is 1s.

ps. The Stoic soul now increase vitality, do you need it for pve?! rly?

Monday, May 5th 2014, 3:03am

reeah19

Intermediate

http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc#!2!311.3..2…KKSELB!a/KPCBUW

this is how a fire-ice should look, i always used fire-ice even for pve cuz i dislike lightning cast time
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Monday, May 5th 2014, 5:43am

Yulian

Intermediate

Sigh... Seems I have no other choice, well then i'll follow the old icy build:D Thank you all for sharing your thought and not be a jerk when doing that:D. As such I will close this thread

Monday, May 5th 2014, 2:12pm

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc#!2!311.3..2…KKSELB!a/KPCBUW

this is how a fire-ice should look, i always used fire-ice even for pve cuz i dislike lightning cast time

and you loose like 20% of DPS on pve by doing that bcz meteors cast longer even if their cast time is lowered by rubies.

also 'playing with fire' rubies are nice looking but are more threatening then you think. On most allods when the tank gets into a fight the mobs are moving and if you miss with the meteor (and it's not a point-to-point skill like the bolts or comets), the penalty for the miss will kill you.

btw. you are using ice meteor and ice comet but you have only 1 rubie in Sleet which decrease the cooldown of those two by 15% only (so you have 8.5s cooldown on them instead of 5s) and that affects your performance. Mages are DD (damage dealers) and DPS is our main weapon, so we have to be fast and do huge dmg else we die.

One other thing frostbolt on r3 does more dmg then firebolt on r3, true it has to be cast while standing still but on pve it's not a problem.

ps. Lightning Jolt doesn't need forces to be present, just appears every cycle and is ready to use.

Tuesday, May 6th 2014, 5:16pm

reeah19

Intermediate

never hited myself cuz i actually look when i throw aoe lol.... not mindless positioning...

u wont have enough force points to cast icy meteor every 5 sec, im talking about long fights, because with 1 icy meteor and 1 flaming meteor the trash mobs will always die, ofc those rubies from frosty advantage can be moved to decrease cast time in sleet but at this point i prefer CC vs shorter cast time that wont be effective every time

also frost bolt+nothern lights give u 1 effect every 6 sec, while firebolt+fiery gehenna gives the effect at every 5 sec, so 1 more effect per 30sec circle of elements untill u can cast aoes again u have 1 more firebolt, also firebolt gives burnout

flaming meteor cast time is 1.8sec with rubies btw vs 3 sec thunderhead wich if is interrupted (and in alot of cases is) totally kills ur dmg

ik that lightning -ice gives a bit a dps boost but that requires competent tank and this new allods have alot of mobs that will kill ur casting
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Tuesday, May 6th 2014, 9:52pm

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

The amount of forces has no importance if you can rotate your skills. True you wont have enough forces all time but you can use other skills. I'm also using Snowstrom or Prismatic Lightning and also you can use elemental surge while waiting for forces. Also you have elemental wrath which gives you back your forces.

The stacks of northern lights and other doesn't bother me at all, after I'm done with strong skills which use forces, I already have as much as I need to cast the frost and light bolt with those stacks present.

I have to admit thou, your build is quite interesting. I probably will play with it for a while to see what it does.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 8:46am

Yulian

Intermediate

Now this discussion is interesting and am glad experienced mages share with us he newbie ones:D

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 1:06pm

Ankush

Trainee

Fire Ice < Ice lighting?

Hi,
I have been playing for only 2 days so dont know much.
So here is the question.
I noticed that Iceflow and then fire does more damage. So is ice fire combo better or not for pve? (considering u get bonus dmg if u use fire after ice )

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 1:21pm

Yulian

Intermediate

yeah ice flow aplies a deep frost effect after it has been fully casted and that efect deals more dmg if you hit the target with fire dmg, its not so great in pve as it would seem, ice flow has 1min cd in battle alot even if you reduce it with rubyes to 30 secs its still alot, overall it is not better than ice/lighting build in terms of dmg

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 4:48am

Ankush

Trainee

yeah ice flow aplies a deep frost effect after it has been fully casted and that efect deals more dmg if you hit the target with fire dmg, its not so great in pve as it would seem, ice flow has 1min cd in battle alot even if you reduce it with rubyes to 30 secs its still alot, overall it is not better than ice/lighting build in terms of dmg

ice flow has 1min cd in battle alot even if you reduce it with rubyes to 30 secs its still alot, overall it is not better than ice/lighting build in terms of dmg
It resets if target dies with effect on. ANd thats what happens with me.
So its almost like you can use it on 1 mob at a time, seems good for lvling but when it comes to bosses idk if you can take down boss that fast.