You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 5th 2018, 1:29am

Voiceovers dungeons in Russian -MUST be error.

I have played through the first 4 dungeons in the game on league side, on the P2P server. All voiceovers that I have heard so far are in Russian. The chat bubbles are the correct language, but the voice overs are not.

I assume this is an error, because as long as this game has been around, it would seem PHENOMENALLY LOW QUALITY to keep pointless Russian voice acting in the game.

Is allods a cheap import? Or is there a fix for this obvious error?

Monday, March 5th 2018, 4:31am

dragagon

Unregistered

i'd like to see a dev/mod respond to this, and not a "we forward this to the dev team" or a "please submit a ticket".

Monday, March 5th 2018, 5:47am

Actually, it's because the game was never fully translated.
The tutorials for each faction were the only parts of the game that had English voice acting, though this was removed I believe when the EU and NA servers were merged. Might have been before or after though.

I believe the developers never went forward with a full English because

A) It's one of the most time consuming and expensive endeavors for a company to make, as committing to a full translation means delaying the release of a game until all voiced dialogue has been recorded and properly placed in game.

B) The popularity of the game. It's not an unknown fact (well, more of to the fans) that Allods had one of the worst releases an MMO could ever have internationally, losing most of the NA playerbase right around the official release (not to discount the non-Russian European community, but for the most part the NA market is considered one of the largest and is a reliable scale on whether a game will be successful or not).
Props to the developers for still believing in an international market, but the game has yet to recover from the issues at release.

It shouldn't be a deal breaker that the game chooses to have translated text and Russian dialogue. There are a number of games that didn't localize voiced lines in game due to the time and cost expense.

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 10:24pm

English subtitles yes. English voiceacting no.
Imho english is too primitive to sound better than russian (no offence intended, just the nature of english is quite limiting for people used to speak in more complex and flexible languages). It takes really good english actor or actress to make it sound just as good as russian.
I won't comment quality of the samples used- for me it is sufficient.

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 10:54pm

Tuesday, March 6th 2018, 11:35pm

from eclips+ all are in eng voice

Monday, August 13th 2018, 5:14am

The tutorials for each faction were the only parts of the game that had English voice acting, though this was removed I believe when the EU and NA servers were merged. Might have been before or after though.

Rate this thread