You are not logged in.

New Frontier Astral keys issue!

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 8:52am

dragagon

Unregistered

Astral keys issue!

Hello, first of all, thank you for unlocking the blue sectors in an unusual way for us :) at last it's here. Nevertheless, with it's flaws.
Allow me to explain:

Player Dragagon afk's in yaskers tower, talks with guildies, when suddenly blue sectors pop up on screen, "unlocked"! yay, hyped, let's go!

Meanwhile player Jake was doing a s1 while all of a sudden, s2 unlocks! Jake is in a boss fight, and is about to spend his freshly resetted 42 keys, on a s1 boss - rip progress!

Meanwhile player Blaze is a returning player, was online before the s2 unlocks, his keys were 196, and remain 196, his did not reset. To mention, his gs is 17.2k.

The 3 brave heroes go into s2, hyped to farm progress!

After some astral runs, Jake says he's out of keys.
"what??" says Dragagon, "How are you out of keys while I still have 12?"
"Well", Jake responds, " I was in s1 when s2 unlocked, so I wasted some keys on bosses there :("
"ooo i see", said Dragagon, "Well, try relogging"
And so Jake relogged, and with result, he got 42 keys again, so Jake is able to farm over 42 keys in astral s2, progressing ahead of Dragagon.
"wait a minute" Dragagon thinks, "This ain't right, how is it that some players have more keys than I do?"
So the brave heroes do one more run to burn all keys Dragagon has, he then has 0. "Alright", Dragagon says, " I will now relog, and receive my 42 keys as well".
But o dear! He did not receive anythig when he returned to the game! He had less keys than his friend Jake!
And Blaze! Where is Blaze in this story!?
Meanwhile after some Dragagonish-investigating, Blaze seemed to be farming s2 with a full pocket of 196 keys, that did not reset in any way.
Leaving Dragagon out with less keys than any of these 2 heroes :(

TRUE STORY, WHY EVEN RELEASE THE NEW SECTORS WHEN PPL ARE ONLINE!?

I will post this exact same thing on RU, and again on a ticket to support.
mad, mad, mad. :thumbdown:

EDIT:
To enforce my story, here is a SS of my friend "Jake" after burning all his keys.

As you can see, he has 320 mats already, mixed with domi tools and average tools, on top of that he has another 45 materials ready to be reworked, if we calculate all 45 reworked with average tools, we come by to a whopping extra 540 mats.
540 + 320 = 860 mats.
Dragagon has burned all keys and is limited to the daily 14's from now on, and currently has 584 materials.
Friend Jake is ahead of Dragagon, and Dragagon has not fucked up a single thing.
All this is calculated on day 1.

Possible fixes?
Scan every player for possible finds of usages of astal keys in s2, that is a bigger value than 42. For EVERY account, and then transform every material gotten for every key spent over 42, into blue sector quality dust.
And then find out wether the mats were reworked with dominion tools, or average tools, or green tools (lol), and restore those tools. For EVERY account.

Player advice to prevent this from happening in the future:
Do these releases as you have done since forever, along with downtimes. So that no player online can fuck it up 2mins after the release.

There was no warning of releasing blue sectors, no apologies for not being on par with RU release dates, no communication, no nothing. I am really feeling like losing my hopes on you guys (devs and whatnot) here. You guys in da office, be like u know what, let's push that button and see what happens.
Goodluck my.com.

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Mar 15th 2018, 5:30pm) with the following reason: language

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 9:43am

Yea thats all BS, everyone should have been on 42 keys.

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 10:51am

Pochtron

Intermediate

Sad story you relate here :/

But i'm afraid your suggestion for fix won't work, because by the time they acknowledge the mistake, start taking action and finally fix it, people will be using these mats to craft blue gear. You can't possibly remove/downgrade gear from people, or steal them mats : it happened in the past and the scar is still burning.

My suggestion to fix it would be to give the same advantage to all : distribute the missing keys to everyone, based on how many extra they had. For example, in your case :
- Dragagon gets 196-42=154 extra keys
- Jake gets 196-30-42=124 extra keys (approximately, assuming Jake spent 12 keys in s1 as per your story, so he only spent 30 from the first batch in s2)
- Blaze gets nothing because he already got max keys

Send the extra keys via items by mail (use 1 item = +1 key), so everyone can consume them at their own pace - but remove them before epic sectors are opened !!!
This sounds the easiest and most fair way to put everyone on same ground again.

And I fully agree with your request to do these unlocks during downtime, like it always happened in the past.

Edit : typos.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pochtron" (Mar 15th 2018, 10:57am)

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 11:00am

But Blaze don't start with full 103% eq
also he need make 95lv green first to upgrade it to blue
Also from blue drops another color of mats

Make Reserch first, before making posts like this ;)

My question is how to unlock blue crafting by jobs now ?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Xrade19" (Mar 15th 2018, 11:44am)

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 12:48pm

dragagon

Unregistered

But Blaze don't start with full 103% eq
also he need make 95lv green first to upgrade it to blue
Also from blue drops another color of mats

Make Reserch first, before making posts like this ;)

My question is how to unlock blue crafting by jobs now ?

O well I am sorry that blaze didnt bother to play for a month, that has nothing to do with the key issues? Everyone was supposed to start off with the same amount, so none is ahead of anyone else to start with. These "mistakes" make realgar irrelevant > makes dominion irrelevant = rip allods.

"Also from blue drops another color of mats" , We are all aware of this? This is what the post is about?
I am here to report this issue, not to get some correcting replies from random players.

because by the time they acknowledge the mistake, start taking action and finally fix it, people will be using these mats to craft blue gear.

Hence the reason that I reported this issue as fast as possible, within 2 hours of the released blue sectors? How fast do they want players to report problems?
btw I thought they had a test team that gets paid, to report bugs. Having players find these gamebreaking bugs, unpaid, only to reply that it's too late, totally demotivates me from continueing.

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 1:24pm

I loved your story... but, too bad they won't react fast (if they are going to do so from the first place).
You'd ask me why?
Well as earlier problems and issues that caused a maelstrom, all what people got was some mod giving some fake hope as an analgesic, while a critical issue like that should be prioritized over giving million boost sale.
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Bring It On! Cuz I'm Just Gonna Grow Up In The Battle HEY !!

Timed Artifacts: The hidden value
Blanks In Chat?

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 1:46pm

Laany

Intermediate

Yes it brings him nothing now to run blue because he need green Gear for upgrading ! And my Amboss shows me, i can just crafting blue Scrolls . ;)
Don't try to shut up my Mouth when he is only speaking the truth!

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 2:10pm

Quoted

Yes it brings him nothing now to run blue because he need green Gear for upgrading ! And my Amboss shows me, i can just crafting blue Scrolls .

not exactly true, s1 no take keys anymore, mean if he want he can do 200 mats in one day, but fact is he will need more time per day to burn all kays + do s1 for misssing gear

Thursday, March 15th 2018, 5:54pm

dragagon

Unregistered

It don't matter how much time he needs to freely farm s1 without cost, he is way ahead of eveyone else of gear because of THIS bug.
s1 takes no more astral keys so all the keys they got over 42 is ahead over anyone else.
Fix this!

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 4:06pm

dragagon

Unregistered

Any word from the CM team on a fix?
Any apologies for fuc-- issueing this big wrong doing gearscore wise?
Any ETA on fixes coming?
Can someone of the CM team talk to the playerbase? on a daily basis?

Sunday, March 25th 2018, 1:50pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

Bump ? Does anyone care ?

Rate this thread