You are not logged in.

Tuesday, May 6th 2014, 11:31pm

Nyix

Beginner

• "Nyix" started this thread

[PMB] Nyix's Psionicist guide

Hello everyone! My name is Nyix. I'm a Psionicist from Astral Riders guild on the League side. In this guide I will talk about my class and its role in parties. I will also explain changes brought with the new patch (such as new statistics system) and talk about my builds and gameplay.

Psionicist is a mana class, but its magic is different from random mages. We use mind force to fight others. Our role in parties and raids is not only to deal damage. We are also a support class, which is focusing on controlling our enemies and helping our parties in hard instances which requires cc. Additionally, we can refill others mana points, once every 5 minutes. In pvp we can trick our opponents by, for example, using our mental twin projection against them or drive them crazy by pulling them all together to one spot, thanks to our telekinesis abilities.

Why do I enjoy playing this class?

• Mobility - Myself, I am not really a big fan of long cast times. I rather move around and throw instant or short cast time spells. In this case, Psi is perfect for me.
  • Fun pvp - Even if your gear is lower than others, this class allows us to actually have some fun in pvp, thanks to loads of cc and trick abilities such as "Twin" etc.
  • Useful CC - I help my party with crowd control. Psionicist can cc two targets or simply pull packs together with our "Telekinetic Pull"
  • Build Variations - In PVE you can be either an "Astral Psi" or "Pyro Psi". I know there are few fans of Pyro builds out there, although I'm not one of them. It might have a better damage, but it also requires longer cast time.

Our class didn't get any big changes with this patch. Apart from the new stat system, Psionicist stayed pretty much the same. However, the new statistics has changed our stats rubies and I will explain them in this section.

• "Analyst" - This stat increases our Proficiency by 3/6/9 points
  • "Enthusiasm" - Increases now Brutality by 3/6/9 points
  • "Fighting Foreside" - Decreases damage from critical strikes taken by you by 5/10/15%
  • "Master Augur" - Is increasing our Luck by 3/6/9 points
  • "Mental Fortress" - Increases our Willpower by 4/8/12 points and Stamina by 1/2/3%
  • "Mind Bender" - Increases our Vitality by 4/8/12 points and Faith by 1/2/3%
  • "Unending Knowledge" - Increases Vigor by 3/6/9%

When the new stat system was introduced it was a bit confusing for most of the players. In this section I will shortly talk about all the new stats and I will point out which should we focus on.

Vigor - This is the main offensive stat, that can be raised only with our equipment and patronage bonus points.
Stamina - This stat increases our health points.
Proficiency - Increases our damage done by % value. This stat can be boosted by for example potions. It's one of the most important stats.
Vitality - Increases our health by % value. To rise up this stat, we can pick pieces of equipment with Vitality points or simply do it with elixirs and potions.
Determination - It will increase your dps if you are getting damage yourself. It's a good stat for tanks or pvp, since in pve we shouldn't get much damage ourself.
Willpower - Stat very useful in pvp and works just like the old Willpower. May grant you immunity to control or slowing spells.
Brutality - Brutality boosts our damage by lost percentage of our targets life points. Which means, the more health enemy lose, the bigger our damage will be dealt towards it.
Bloodlust - It heals us for the % of the damage we deal. If you don't have any self healing spells, that might be a little useful.
Anger - Works just like the old Rage. Increases the speed of receiving wounds by our enemies.
Tenacity - Tenacity is the stat which increases your overall defense by a percentage before the wound complexity emerges.
Luck - Increases chance to deal critical hits. Works just like the old Luck, although now it cannot be boosted by potions like before. The only way to get higher Luck is by Draconic Relics and Luck rubies.
Faith - Increases our mana points. Works just the same as old Faith statistic.

As Psionicist we should focus only on few stats. For Pve i go for Proficiency, Vitality, Brutality and a tiny bit of Bloodlust (This last one is totally optional). For Pvp I would boost my Brutality, Vitality, Willpower and Bloodlust!
MissKoala / Paladine / league New Frontier

This post has been edited 16 times, last edit by "Nyix" (May 8th 2014, 6:22pm)

Tuesday, May 6th 2014, 11:32pm

Nyix

Beginner

To obtain all the racial skills, you can buy a [Page from the Book of Secrets] from the Allods Boutique!

• [Elf] Concentration Anticipation - When you use this spell, it instantly gives you 3 stacks of Concentration. Cast time of this spell is instant and does not require mana. The cooldown for this spell is 3 minutes.
  • [Gibberling] Elevated Insights - Makes you immune to all physical damage for 5 seconds. Cooldown for Elevated Insights is 2 minutes.
  • [Arisen] Magic Armor - Makes you immune to all magical damage for 5 seconds. Cast time of this spell is instant and cooldown is 2 minutes. Using this spell doesn't consume any mana points.
  • [Xadaganian] Sonic Wave - It stuns the enemy targets for 4 seconds. Cast time is instant, but cooldown is of course 2 minutes.

During questing, each class receives 3 special abilities. They can be obtained by completing World Mystery quest lines.

• Brilliant Aura - This ability restores 1% of mana points every 8 seconds.

• Gift of Tensess - Resurrects your friendly target with 10% of health. Cannot be cast during combat and cooldown for this spell is 20 hours.

• Premonition - Very useful buff. Activates notifications about enemies, that are near you and their position (North, east, west, south) and when you are being targeted. It works in PVP and PVE. This buff is very helpful in case you accidently grab agro and allows you to prepare yourself for it.

Reincarnation spells are very useful for everyone! To get them, you need to have a Reincarnation character. For Psionicist I would recommend picking some of those:

• [Summoner] Fear - Causes your target to flee stunned for 6 seconds. Very useful in pve and pvp!
  • [Healer] Holy Shield - Surrounds you with a shield that absorbs all incoming damage for 5 seconds and dispels most of the negative effects. Although you cannot use any abilities that requires weapon in the meantime.
  • [Mage] Flash - Teleports you 35 yards forward. It's a really nice escape skill for pvp against melee players.

This post has been edited 11 times, last edit by "Nyix" (May 8th 2014, 7:27pm)

Tuesday, May 6th 2014, 11:32pm

Nyix

Beginner

In PVE I use so-called "Astral build". In my build you can see that I focus on both, dps and crowd control.

65 talent points (one spare left); 60 rubies

In pvp build it is important to focus on survivability, cc and damage at the same time.

66 talent points; 60 rubies

»Before you start combat:

• Wall of Blades - Always make sure to precast your Wall of Blades. It's one of our 2 aoe skills and because of its long cast time, it is recommended to have it prepared in advance.
  • Seal/Aura - Buff up your party. Seal of Health is increasing life points, mana and energy and Aura of Astral Power increases magical damage of your group members by 15%.
  • Premonition - This ability works great for PVP and PVE so make sure you have it on you as it notifies you if you are being targeted by enemy or monster.
  • Concentration - Make sure you have some Concentration stacks, since this will allow you to use more skills such as Choke, Destabilization, Astral Breath.
  • Link - Connect with your target by Mental Link or Will Suppression. It will give you 20% more damage and 20% longer duration of CC.

» Rotations:

Single Target:
/x5

• Make sure you use Astral Venom between all other spells as it grants Concentration stacks.
  • Repeat the whole rotation from Astral Venom until your targets health drops all the way down. If you are connected with your target by Mental Link, try to use Erase Memory at the very end (Last 1-3% of my targets life) to grant yourself an instant Mental Link for the next target.

Aoe:
/

• Always use Ectoplasmatic Form or Astral Body before casting Astral Breath because this spell can be easily interrupted and wasted.
  • Finish leftovers with single target skills. Additionally you can cast again the Wall of Blades if their life is still high.

» Pvp tips:

Against melee classes:
Main goal while fighting with melee players is to try to keep distance from them.
  • If you see a player running towards you, try to stop him/her with your Telekinetic Pull before he/she reaches you. That will give u some time to cast Mental Link on him/her and eventually use Mental Twin.
  • If your Telekinetic Pull is on cooldown, use Mental Pulse when he/she reaches you and then cast the link.
  • If your target starts to attack your Twin, you should try to keep it away from him/her. Use Telekinetic Pull or Mental Pulse as soon as the spells are available.
  • Use your Ectoplasmatic Form or Astral Body when fighting with melee class player.
  • If you are far from your target, you can use Choke to slow him/her down and deal some damage.
  • You can use Temporal Acceleration to keep some distance from your target.

Against casters:
  • In case of casters it is good to stun them a lot. You can use Telekinetic Pull and cast your link meanwhile; also you could stun them with Sonic Wave and continue dealing damage or use Mental Pulse if they are near you.
  • I recommend using Mind Fire against casters, as it will result in increasing their cooldown of 3 next used spells up to 20 seconds.
  • Use your barriers such as Ectoplasmatic Form/Astral Body to avoid damage.
  • You can dispel negative effects by using Mental Cleansing. Very useful if you have some poison dots on you.
  • If there are two casters attacking you, try to use Hypnosis on one of them.
  • Try to use your Mental Twin only when your barriers are on cooldown. You can also drag your targets attention away by pulling them with Telekinetic Pull so they wont be able to damage your Twin too fast.

Group fight:
  • Never stand in one spot. Try to run around as it distracts your enemies.
  • If you are in battleground, drag them away from the flag with your Telekinetic Pull or Pulse. It is very easy to interrupt them capturing your flag.
  • Right after using Telekinetic Pull, you can quickly cast Ectoplasmatic Form/Astral Body and then deal aoe damage with Astral Breath.
  • If you see some dots on yourself, use your Mental Cleansing spell.
  • You can use yout Temporal Acceleration if you see some melee players chasing you or use Mental Pulse against them.
  • Use Mental Twin against the player that focuses on you the most.

This post has been edited 11 times, last edit by "Nyix" (May 7th 2014, 3:20pm)

Tuesday, May 6th 2014, 11:33pm

Nyix

Beginner

Each talent and ruby is marked by [pve] and [pvp] tags.

» Talents:
  • [pve][pvp]Astral Breath - Inflicts astral damage to all nearest enemies.
  • [pve][pvp]Choke - Inflicts astral damage to the target every 2 seconds for 8 seconds and slows the enemy by 50%.
  • [pve][pvp]Concentration - Grants 2 stacks of the Concentration effect.
  • [pve][pvp]Ectoplasmatic Form/Astral Body - Absorbs damage. This is a defensive spell.
  • [pve][pvp]Hypnosis - Typical single target cc. To use it, we need to establish a link with our target.
  • [pvp]Mental Cleansing - Heals you for 10 seconds and removes one negative effect.
  • [pve][pvp]Mental Link - Establishes a link with your target that allows you to use additional spells & increases your damage by 20%.
  • [pve][pvp]Mental Pulse - Knocks away all enemies near you. It will also stun them for 2 seconds.
  • [pve][pvp]Psychic Shock/Astral Venom - Inflicts astral, single target damage and grants stacks of the Concentration.
  • [pve][pvp]Seal of Health - Increases your party members health, mana and energy points by 30%.
  • [pve][pvp]Shock/Destabilization - Inflicts astral damage and consumes 1 stacks of concentration.
  • [pve][pvp]Telekinetic Pull - Pulls all enemies within 10 yards to one spot and knocks them down.
  • [pve][pvp]Temporal Acceleration - Decreases cooldown and cast time of some of the spells. Increases your movement by 50%.
  • [pve][pvp]Thoughtful Spirit - Deals astral damage. Also consumes 1 Tear of the Dragon.
  • [pvp]Twin - Summons a projection of you and teleports you 15 yards away. Twin doesn't attack your target.
  • [pve][pvp]Wall of Blades - Deals physical damage to all nearest enemies.
  • [pve][pvp]Will Suppression - Increases duration of CC spells by 20% and boosts your damage by 20%.

» Psychic Shock grid rubies:
  • [pve]Aura of Astral Power - Increases your magical damage by 15%.
  • [pvp]Egoism - Increases healing done by Mental Cleansing and damage absorbed by your Ectoplasmatic Form/Astral Body.
  • [pvp]Gravikinesis - Increases range and duration of your Mental Pulse by 20%.
  • [pvp]Master of Illusions - 50% of the damage you receives transfers to your Twin. Damage received by your twin increases by 100%.
  • [pvp]Mind Fire - Increases cooldown of 3 abilities used by your enemy up to 20 seconds.
  • [pvp]Rejection - Increases your armor by 15%.
  • [pve]Shattered Nerves - Using Psychic Shock/Astral Venom will apply stacks on your target that will increase damage of your next Shock/Destabilization.
  • [pve][pvp]Shocking Strike - Increases damage of Psychic Shock/Astral Venom by 12%.
  • [pve][pvp]Step over Madness - Increases astral damage by 9%.
  • [pve][pvp]Tenacious Mind - Increases damage of the Choke by 15% and its range by 15 yards.
  • [pve][pvp]Unending Knowledge - Increases your Vigor by 9%.

» Psionicist's Link grid rubies:
  • [pve]Anger Management - Increases the critical strike chance of your Mental Pulse, Choke, Erase Memory and Mental Explosion abilities by 10%.
  • [pve][pvp]Cruel Master - Increases duration of your control spells by 20% for your Mental Link and increases damage for your Will Suppression by 20%.
  • [pvp]Experienced Manipulator - Decreases cooldown of Mental Pulse and Telekinetic Pull by 30%
  • [pvp]Extrasensory Gift - Decreases cast time for your Mental Link by 50%.
  • [pve][pvp]Master Augur - Increases our luck points by 9.
  • [pvp]Mental Fortress - Increases our Willpower by 12 and Stamina by 3%.
  • [pve]Outsmarted - Your successful hits by the Choke ability apply an Outsmarted effect. It stacks up to 5 times and boosts your damage of the next Psychic Shock/Astral Venom, Pyrokinesis/Pyrolysis.
  • [pve]Superficial Trance - Quickly restores your mana for 5 seconds; can be used in combat.
  • [pve]Tranquillity - Decreases the cooldown of your Concentration spell.

» Misanthropy grid rubies:
  • [pve][pvp]Analyst - Increases our Proficiency by 9 points.
  • [pve]Astral Curse - Your Mental Pulse and Telekinetic Pull apply Astral Curse effect on your target. The next ability used on your enemy will deal additional damage.
  • [pve][pvp]Calculating Mind - Increases critical strike of your Shock/Destabilization spells.
  • [pve][pvp]Clarity of Thought - Increases critical strike chance of Wall of Blades, Pyrokinesis/Pyrolysis, Psychic Shock/Astral Venom by 12%
  • [pve][pvp]Enthusiasm - Boosts your Brutality by 9 points.
  • [pve]Exodus - Teleports you and your group to a safe zone.
  • [pvp]Fighting Foreside - Decreases damage from critical strikes taken by you by 15%.
  • [pve][pvp]Loop of Time - Sends you back in time 10 seconds. Restores your health, mana and position to the way it was 10 seconds before.
  • [pve][pvp]Mental Reign - Increases damage of your Shock/Destabilization by 15%
  • [pve][pvp]Mind Bender - Increases your Vitality by 12 points and Faith by 3%
  • [pve]Optimization - All affected abilities consumes 50% less mana when Temporal Acceleration is active.
  • [pve]Stinging Blades - Decreases cast time and mana cost of our Wall of Blades by 30%.
  • [pve]Telepathic Gift - Restores 50% of mana to a group member.

This post has been edited 9 times, last edit by "Nyix" (May 8th 2014, 6:26pm)

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 4:30pm

Ezell666

Beginner

Nice guide,would like to see it as winner

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 4:35pm

Quoted

Temporal
Acceleration
- Decreases cooldown and cast time of some of
the spells. Increases your movement by 50%.
Which spells?

Quoted

Mental
Reign
- Increases damage of your Shock/Destabilization by 15
By 15 or 15%?

Quoted

Mental
Fortress
- Increases our Willpower by 12% and Stamina
by 3%.
Is this Willpower increase 12 or 12%?

Quoted

Master Augur -
Increases our luck points by 9%
Is this 9 or 9%?

Pretty guide :)

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 4:46pm

Quoted

Temporal
Acceleration
- Decreases cooldown and cast time of some of
the spells. Increases your movement by 50%.
Which spells?

Decreases cast time of Pyrokinesis, Pyrolysis and Wall of Blades by 50%, and cooldown of Psychic Shock/Astral Venom and Erase Memory by 50%.
You don't really need a guide for that, just eyes to read. It's in the tooltip.

Quoted

Mental
Reign
- Increases damage of your Shock/Destabilization by 15
By 15 or 15%?

15%. Also in the tooltip.

Quoted

Mental
Fortress
- Increases our Willpower by 12% and Stamina
by 3%.
Is this Willpower increase 12 or 12%?

12, Willpower is no longer a percentage stat and 12% of the value would be waste of rubies.

Quoted

Master Augur -
Increases our luck points by 9%
Is this 9 or 9%?

9, exactly like above.

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 4:50pm

I don't play a Psi, just reading your guide.

If it's in the tooltip, you could have recorded it accurately, no? After all, you are making a guide. What's the point of a guide if it isn't accurate?

Some people could be thinking of going Psi as a reinc and reading this.

Thank you for the reply

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 4:56pm

I don't play a Psi, just reading your guide.

If it's in the tooltip, you could have recorded it accurately, no? After all, you are making a guide. What's the point of a guide if it isn't accurate?

Some people could be thinking of going Psi as a reinc and reading this.

Thank you for the reply

You don't seem to be very perceptive, are you? I am not even the one who wrote the guide, just pointed out my observation.
I think the correct time to read a guide is after you've already read what all the abilites do and before you actually spend points in them.

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 5:02pm

Sorry, I made an assumption instead of checking. My mistake.

Still, I don't see why you shouldn't understand how a class works before you play it. Having a good idea of how a class works gives you insight as to whether you may or may not enjoy it, instead of wasting your time.

Also, the point still stands, if you are writing a guide, spend the time to make it accurate don't expect others to check that you've done it right.

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 6:05pm

Nyix

Beginner

Heya! Thanks for pointing out those mistake and I'm so sorry! I guess i simply got messed up myself with all those % and points! : )
I will double-check them myself and fix in a minute!

Friday, May 9th 2014, 11:52pm

CatAsTrophy

Beginner

Occupation: In war it doesnt matter who is RIGHT, the only thing matters who is LEFT.

nice PmB there.
unless some turkish ppl that are copying
Bard : CatAsTophy lvl 60 - 7 blue items
Healer: QuisLina lvl 60
Psionist: Metapsionic lvl 58
Palladin: Kandura lvl 55
Summoner: Shinjumitsu lvl 55
Druid: Truixus lvl 43
Mage: Yerishira lvl 19

Sunday, June 29th 2014, 2:56am

Lovely guide! Definitely going to be bookmarking this for later use. :love:
New Frontier (F2P)
~Kessendara~ Melee Cleric
~Catalyist~ Mentalist

Smuggler's Paradise (P2P)
~Whiteroom~ Champion
~Flux~ Stalker

Monday, August 31st 2015, 9:54pm

Is that build still current ?, if not can someone give me link to current build ?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Reap3r90" (Aug 31st 2015, 10:17pm)

Wednesday, September 2nd 2015, 4:01pm

Thursday, September 3rd 2015, 1:54pm

Thursday, September 3rd 2015, 1:54pm

Rate this thread