You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 1:09am

HELP - New player, lot of questions

Hi guys!

I recently decided to play Allods again, but the problem is I stopped playing years ago (when level 51 was max), and right now i don't even know what i'm doing.

I'm level 80, as a Elf Demonologist.
Mi main questions are:

1st) What for and where am I supposed to use the item Mysterious Matter?
I have 20 of it, that i received from quests, and i don't know what to do with it.

2nd) Amalgam
When i played, they were used to improve equipments, right now, for what is it used?

3rd) Greatness
How can i achieve greatness?
I received one Scepter of Greatness, don't know if i should use it on my 200 amalgam tho.

4th) Astral
I asked one person in-game, and she told me that i could use an NPC to help me on astral, how can i do it?

5th) Astral still
How can i go to astral?

6th) How can i improve my equipments?
Another person told me that I should use something on them to make it level 95 (my equipments are all from quests, all level 94)

I'd appreciate if any of you could help me :)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Gladia" (May 30th 2018, 6:46pm) with the following reason: title

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 9:53am

1. Source of material to upgrade gear - Mysterious Dust. use tools to convert or trade at npc near auction house. Second option recomended with green quality now.

2. Now ir is used for creating and upgrading equipment.

3. Use provided Scepter to convert amalgam or mysterious matter into emblems. It is much more profitable to trade mysterious matter at NPC for amalgam and use scepter on amalgam.

4 and 5. Find a party (people often ask in zone chat especially for crab mode runs) or just use group search (Ctrl+M or one of buttons in lower left corner), queue for Astral Allod or Distortion in Dungeons tab. At allod you can hire mercenaries to fill empty slots in party (distortion is solo). If you went with "Go" option they cost gold. "Join" option require up to 5 min waiting before teleportation to allod but mercenaries are free of charge.

6. Go for astral or distortions. Killing boss grants you loot.
a) opening boxes with astral keys (14 daily) - Mysterious Shards. Use tools from NPC or boutique to convert into Mysterious Material and then use this one to create equipment pieces - ones with two yellow arrows in upper left corner. Need to go blue allod/distortion to get material for creatig blue item then purple one for material to get scroll for upgrading it to purple quality.

b) opening boxes without keys (finished all granted or using helping hand) - Mysterious Mater. Use hammers or just trade at NPC to get dust. This one is used together with amalgam to upgrade % values at gear up to 100% or to create Reforged Material required to create gear pieces without yellow arrows. Those are created with crafting professions (or just bought from other players). They also have some small chance to drop from boxes ready to use.

c) boxes with loot can also be bought for currency from other ingame activities like pvp or hunting demons in astral.

Basics about creating gear are explained in quest chain starting with "Learning to work with equipment" qust you get after completing Sogot area.

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 10:04pm

New questions

Where do I trade Mysterious Matter for amalgam?

Where do I exactly Turn Mysterious Matter into dust? I couldn't find it

Monday, May 21st 2018, 1:40am

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

There is a guy by the Anvil at bottom floor in Yasker tower he sells Hammers that you use on matter to turn into dust, Higher quality hammer = more dust
Also the guys u can exchange dust/matter to amalgam is in Astral Academy, and AA as in short also has a Anvil. If you go down the strairs turn left, you first have the Trader to exchange stuff, then if u continue further left u find the room with Anvil and the Guy,
I am PioPico

Monday, May 21st 2018, 2:59am

Negotiant NPC.
One is located in astral Academy, other one is in Novograd/Yasker's Tower near Auction House.
When you unlock astral you get mail in mailbox from Negotiant's Guild with letter starting quest leading to this NPC.

Worst quality hammers used to convert matter into dust and shards into material are sold by NPC near anvil of artifacts - introduced with quest "Learning to work with equipment" i mentioned before. Better quality tools can be bought in boutique, auction house or crafted with professions. Best ones are available for realgar at dominion NPC.

Monday, May 28th 2018, 3:43pm

More questions:

1st) I started doing astral, and i'm having some difficulty with farming them.
I'm a elf summonner, level 95 green gear, not a lot of dmg or healing.
Is there any tips that you could give me to make a better performance?

2nc) Years ago, when i Played, characters used to have like, almost 1 Million HP, and stuff.
I don't know when it changed, but i'd like to know if it is something on our server or general.
(I play on F2P server, not frontier, the other one that I don't remember the name)

3rd) Raids. I'm having some trouble with them.
As I play alone (my friends don't play this game), I end-up not doing them, or waiting for the good will of someone to help me (staying in raid/helping me do the raid).
Is there any place where people get around to do Raids?
Also, in Dead City, can i go straight to the big Dragon and exit the raid?
Why does the monsters don't drop any itens (i understand that it would be really old/useless, but shouldn't it drops?)
I don't remember but is it really only the last dragon that drops the box w/ costumes?

4th) If i'd spent any money with it, what should i use it for?
I know that Patronage5 is important, so i'm thinking of acquiring it.

5th) I don't have any idea what is it named, but what are those almost 'spiritual armors' that everyone have?
Something like Assault Shell and stuff.
Is it used for PvP/PvE?
About mounts, if i stay with the free dog the game gave me, is it enough?
I'm mostly a PvE player for now, untill i understand how the game works/get my gear better.

I'd appreciate if any of you could help me (again). :)

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 4:14pm

dragagon

Unregistered

1st) I started doing astral, and i'm having some difficulty with farming them.
I'm a elf summonner, level 95 green gear, not a lot of dmg or healing.
Is there any tips that you could give me to make a better performance?

What factors your damage/healing output the most is your vigor. The amount of vigor you gain depends on the LEVEL of the armor you get, not the GRADE of it, the GRADE enhances the stats on it. This is why higher levels chars are much stronger.
I am pretty sure lv95 gear is not what you should have for endgame gameplay. Check your anvil NPC in Astral Academy again and ask for an equipment box to gain the latest updated level gear, I think it should be 97 or 98.
If you'd like help on your Summoner PVE DPS build I'd recommend tagging Buuhuu in discord, and post here your build.
I am sure buuhuu can help you further on stats but what I recommend for now is 250 crit chance, 250 bruta, everyhing else in determination, that's right, no crit dmg for now til buuhuu says otherwise.

2nc) Years ago, when i Played, characters used to have like, almost 1 Million HP, and stuff.
I don't know when it changed, but i'd like to know if it is something on our server or general.
(I play on F2P server, not frontier, the other one that I don't remember the name)

Your server is Equilibrium, and yes the values of dmg/hp is normal. They have been downscaled to make things more human instead of throwing millions of values.

3rd) Raids. I'm having some trouble with them.
As I play alone (my friends don't play this game), I end-up not doing them, or waiting for the good will of someone to help me (staying in raid/helping me do the raid).
Is there any place where people get around to do Raids?
Also, in Dead City, can i go straight to the big Dragon and exit the raid?
Why does the monsters don't drop any itens (i understand that it would be really old/useless, but shouldn't it drops?)
I don't remember but is it really only the last dragon that drops the box w/ costumes?

The server you are on is for my knowing "dead", the need for a 2nd f2p server is totally useless and a big mistake from my.com :/
Either get people to help you or you won't be able to do your old raids. There are no "let's help new players do raids - days", neither are there queue's for them. It's all up to the players themselves.
As for DC's Dragon, you can rush to him taking the draconid gate in the raid.
That's the only boss dropping a costume box and an item to summon the dead king at the end of the raid, the other 2 bosses also drop the quest items for the dead king, but nothing else is being dropped.

4th) If i'd spent any money with it, what should i use it for?
I know that Patronage5 is important, so i'm thinking of acquiring it.

Patron 5 as you mentioned, the lvl6 runes you got for free are decent enough already imo compared to what youn should get next: stat pages. But wait for sales, That's when they are cheapest. Nothing is cheap when there is no more source for the product.
Only upgrade runes when the CC flash sale is up, don't even bother with premium discounts anymore. Patience is key.

5th) I don't have any idea what is it named, but what are those almost 'spiritual armors' that everyone have?
Something like Assault Shell and stuff.
Is it used for PvP/PvE?
About mounts, if i stay with the free dog the game gave me, is it enough?
I'm mostly a PvE player for now, untill i understand how the game works/get my gear better.

These exo suits are used for both pvp and pve. They offer passive/active buffs/abilities that can help the gameplay of high content.
Examples are damage increase buffs for nuking, extra hp for pvp, damage reductions for surviving certain possible deaths. DEFO help in pvp to survive longer.
the dog is more than enough for anything. To be honest mounts are not needed in a game like this where teleports are around every corner. Don't bother on mounts til you have cash to spare.

Tuesday, May 29th 2018, 4:59pm

Ad.1 - Level 95 gear is max. Just need blue gear now.

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 12:57pm

"What factors your damage/healing output the most is your vigor. The amount of vigor you gain depends on the LEVEL of the armor you get, not the GRADE of it, the GRADE enhances the stats on it. This is why higher levels chars are much stronger.
I am pretty sure lv95 gear is not what you should have for endgame gameplay. Check your anvil NPC in Astral Academy again and ask for an equipment box to gain the latest updated level gear, I think it should be 97 or 98.
If you'd like help on your Summoner PVE DPS build I'd recommend tagging Buuhuu in discord, and post here your build.
I am sure buuhuu can help you further on stats but what I recommend for now is 250 crit chance, 250 bruta, everyhing else in determination, that's right, no crit dmg for now til buuhuu says otherwise."

As I said, i'm new here, i didn't even knew there was a discord server for the game, haha.
Where can i get the link?

"Your server is Equilibrium, and yes the values of dmg/hp is normal. They have been downscaled to make things more human instead of throwing millions of values."

Oh, understood.
Is just that that time i used to hit like, thousands of damage just on my poisons, and now i hit like, 1k, that was quite odd to see as a newbie, but i'm getting used to it.

"The server you are on is for my knowing "dead", the need for a 2nd f2p server is totally useless and a big mistake from my.com :/
Either get people to help you or you won't be able to do your old raids. There are no "let's help new players do raids - days", neither are there queue's for them. It's all up to the players themselves.
As for DC's Dragon, you can rush to him taking the draconid gate in the raid.
That's the only boss dropping a costume box and an item to summon the dead king at the end of the raid, the other 2 bosses also drop the quest items for the dead king, but nothing else is being dropped."

Okay, understood that to.
I honestly think i misspoken and i play on the frontier then, cause i tried this "dead" server first, and then someone told me that the other free-one had more people, so i moved to it (that felt bad, cause someone gave me 600k gold on the "dead" server, and i was like, oh no, start all over again with no money, lol.
The only problema i had with Draconids, is that they respawn, and até beggining, when i have to kill bot with 1% hp together, i had literally problems, but i'll work on it.

Patron 5 as you mentioned, the lvl6 runes you got for free are decent enough already imo compared to what youn should get next: stat pages. "Butwait for sales, That's when they are cheapest. Nothing is cheap when there is no more source for the product.
Only upgrade runes when the CC flash sale is up, don't even bother with premium discounts anymore. Patience is key."

I ended up spending some money, and i opened like, 5 strongbox, and on the next day i had a mail saying i won a lottery, and then i received 500kgold and 2.400 Crystal Chips. With them, i started doing some runes (i have the full 8 rune that the game gave to me for now), and i 'm trying to get full 7 (just because i hate blue, and like purple), i guess when the 8 runes expire, i will be able to get the 7 runes already.
Also, patronage5, i'm like, 70% done, so yeah, thanks for that.

Thanks for the enlightenment, for now.
As i have new questions, i'll come back here. :)
(I didn't understood fully how to use quote here, so i tried my best, promisse it will be better on next quotes)

Wednesday, May 30th 2018, 2:59pm

dragagon

Unregistered

Ad.1 - Level 95 gear is max. Just need blue gear now.

Right I checked it only later and forgot to adjust here, thanks for pointing this out for our new guy here :)
I was confused with previous patch gear levels being 85 and needed updating to 87. Nvm if you got lv95 now.

As I said, i'm new here, i didn't even knew there was a discord server for the game, haha.
Where can i get the link?

Allods Online Official DiscordServer

The only problema i had with Draconids, is that they respawn, and até beggining, when i have to kill bot with 1% hp together, i had literally problems, but i'll work on it.

In the draconid pathway, try heading left 1st, get that miniboss there, take him all the way to the next miniboss, kill them both, and you should be able to move on.

(I didn't understood fully how to use quote here, so i tried my best, promisse it will be better on next quotes)

Took me a while also to figure it out :)
Click here for a quick guide.

Wednesday, June 27th 2018, 7:29pm

Heyyall guys!

I'm back :)

This time, i need help with tailoring.

Is there some list where i can get the drops to craft itens to level up?
Is it worth it to level it up just so i can do my lvl 95 gear?
How do i turn my green 95 gear into blue?

Reforged material is useful?
The mysterious dust i get, is it used to what else, besides changing stats on gear?
Is there a way i can get Mysterious Material (Blue) easily? In astral it takes a really long time to get it ..

Hope you can help me :)

PLUS: A friend of mine was doing Obs easy with me, and he got like, Purple lvl 95 gear, while i only get Unsteady Matter.
Why is it?

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 2:30pm

dragagon

Unregistered

Is there some list where i can get the drops to craft itens to level up?

I can make you one when I get some time, will update it with removing this text and posting pic here.
Is it worth it to level it up just so i can do my lvl 95 gear?

It's worth to craft if you have a few more items (1 or 2) left to do, that means the drop chance to get those items are very low. Especially if you can not swap class to chnange a leather item into cloth ( if you mained mage for example).
How do i turn my green 95 gear into blue?

You have to farm s2 WITHOUT Helping Hand, that way you get Mysterious Material. With that, and Amalgam and gold, you can craft the blue items.
Once you have the blue ones, you can upgrade them with the epic scroll to epic grade.
Reforged material is useful?

Reforged Material is used as a resource in crafting gear on lv95. (profession crafting, not anvil!)
The mysterious dust i get, is it used to what else, besides changing stats on gear?

It is used to upgrade your crafted items (on anvil, not profession crafted) to 100% on both defensive and offensive aspect. In order to change your stats around, you should use insignia's from the cash shop, a few raids quests offer them aswell. You can also buy rare grade ones from BG vendor or from farming distortions, but that really is not worth it.
Is there a way i can get Mysterious Material (Blue) easily? In astral it takes a really long time to get it ..

The s2 is the only way to get it :( The good thing about this is that it costs no keys so the only obstacle to catch up is yourself :)
PLUS: A friend of mine was doing Obs easy with me, and he got like, Purple lvl 95 gear, while i only get Unsteady Matter.
Why is it?

Raids reset weekly, this happens at 03.00 Thursday. This means you have done obs easy already before in the same week as you've gone now, but your friend hasn't done the raid this week yet. So he got the rewards the raid is supposed to give, and you got the stuff the raid gives to everyone that's already done obs more than once in the same week. That way it's a decent way to farm dust (heroics is better) and people spamming more obs won't be able to be ahead of others on their artefact levels.

Used tags

new player

Rate this thread