You are not logged in.

Client FPS Issue

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 9:17pm

FPS Issue

Evening fellow Alloders,
since around 1-2 weeks I have a problem with my FPS. I get FPS drops like a clock, every 14 minutes or so they return. They stay for usually 5 minutes and then everything goes back to normal. Usually I have around 60 fps (measured by TinyFPS addon) but when the lags appear and I do nothing, like standing around, its around 15 fps. When in BG/Combat its 4 FPS.

This is a very huge problem. When you have 4 FPS every 14 minutes you just can't enjoy and play this game anymore. For example BG, you have a nice round and do well but then the FPS drop kicks in and you instantly die and get useless for your team.

I heard from other players that they have the same problem and that when the FPS drops they get a yellow - red ping. This problem with the FPS drops is huge. The game is unenjoyable and in domi you're more useless than an engi assault.
I tried everything to solve this problem:

I reinstalled the client......................................................Didn't help
Switching from EN to DE client............................................Didn't help
Removed all addons(completly empty addon folder)....................Didn't help
Updated My.com launcher..................................................Didn't help
Giving AOgame.exe more RAM in the windows taskmanager.........Didn't help

All other games (also not from My.com) run normal with normal FPS, my Browser runs normal and no internet issues.The reason why I write this here and not to the support is that I want to see if others have the same problem and maybe a solution and that the support (by experience) "won't help". When writing a ticket they always want information like videos or an exact description to the problem and how it shows up, but there is the point. The drops just come and go without any reason, like mentioned above even when just stand around (also in areas without other players, like the private allod). If I'd record a youtube video now, as prove, they wouldn't see any reason for the drops to appear. And because I already tried all the stuff listed in the list above they probably can't give me a solution to fix this issue.So I hope anyone of you active players had/(hopefully not have) this problem and found a solution.
Das Internetz. Unendliche Weiten.

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 9:29pm

suggestions:

- delete "user.cfg"
- remove my.com launcher and use normal launcher

questions:

- problem only occuring when in fullscreen mode or in windowed also?
- any virusscanner (or similar program) potentially slowing things down / causing trouble?
- any program causing network-load due to massive numbers of connections (peer to peer and similar things)

Sunday, June 3rd 2018, 10:00pm

- delete "user.cfg"
- Can you tell me which one exactly? Screenshot

- remove my.com launcher and use normal launcher
- Have sometimes problems with the normal launcher when there're updates after maintances.. it takes hours or sometimes doesn't install them at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- problem only occuring when in fullscreen mode or in windowed also?
- Occuring in fullscreen & windowed mode.

- any virusscanner (or similar program) potentially slowing things down / causing trouble?
- No, only programs that run the same time are Teamspeak and sometimes Spotify.

- any program causing network-load due to massive numbers of connections (peer to peer and similar things)

- No massive numbers and I checked if I was the only PC online at that time in the network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thanks for helping and replying :love:
Das Internetz. Unendliche Weiten.

Tuesday, June 5th 2018, 9:31am

Try closing Teamspeak when this lag happens and check results. Several times had similar issue and closing TS helped.

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 1:00am

dragagon

Unregistered

I know this has nothig to do with allods since you said all other games are fine, but I cleaned my fans and I really got a better fps since ever. Try that?

Rate this thread