You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 1:28pm

Viuhti

Trainee

• "Viuhti" started this thread

Smugglers Paradise re-opening

Why wouldn't there be re-opening for p2p server? After these changes, moving away from gpotato, population close to 0 and so on. Reroll server back to scratch and give 1-2months of free subscription to everyone starting. People would have enought time to see the best sides of p2p and it might encourage people to play there. Yea sure current players would need to start from scratch but tbh thinking current active playership, there aren't that many persons who would drop from too far.

I'm pretty sure im gona get burned for suggesting this but I believe it could the server. Server is close to getting closed anyway so why wouldn't we give it a shot? I personally would happily start over and try building the server again rather than moving to any other server.

-Viuhti

Viuhti Lvl 65 Full Healer (p2p) - Guild Leader of NwA, Master afker (Downfall lies!)
Nyyti Lvl 60 Kanian Ranger (f2p)

NwA webpage: http://nezebwa.shivtr.com

-Only way to learn the game is by getting your ass kicked

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 1:31pm

You think that erasing the progress of everyone on a server will somehow boost the population? :|
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 1:34pm

Viuhti

Trainee

Well actually atm yes. its much easier for new people to start trying new server if they know they are at the same point than everyone else, and if given enough time to see the best sides of p2p server they might even decide to stay.

Viuhti Lvl 65 Full Healer (p2p) - Guild Leader of NwA, Master afker (Downfall lies!)

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 1:42pm

Resetting a server in a game that is all about long-term progress over many years is an extremely bad idea. It would show that My.com is willing to erase all progress of its players, and that creates certain uncertainty as to whether it is worth it playing this game at all, if My.com will just reset all progress if they decide.

No, it is a horrible idea to erase all progress all players on your server made. Look, right now free subscription is still running. It is not that hard to get people to try out the game. If you have 5 friends, you can get one to try out the game at least. Do it.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 1:44pm

Viuhti

Trainee

Yea, free time has done its job obviously, in 2 weeks we got from daily BGs to no BGs at all. Ofc you have your opinion and Im sure lots of people share it, but this was my personal feeling about this case.
^that being said, point is: I would much rather start over at the subserver from 0 than see it being closed or starting on another server. Giving the chance for everyone start on same point attracts me more on a game than jumping in when all others are way ahead of you.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "h4wka" (May 7th 2014, 1:50pm)

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 1:58pm

The fact that you want a fresh server doesn't mean that the progress everyone has worked for should just be erased. Fresh servers are only an option when there already is population to support them. Attracting new players should not be done at the expense of driving others away by making the effort they put in the game utterly pointless.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 2:02pm

Viuhti

Trainee

Thanks for your replies but unless you have something else, please make "Don't re-roll sub server" topic or something, I know you are against it and just wanting to see what people would think about that option without your opinion smacked to their face for 2 pages.
Fact is: if it goes like this sub server is going to get closed, unless they get massive 1000 player invasion, which is ofc possible, but since there is f2p server right next to it, I doubt it.
I just think this could/maybe be an option. :D

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 2:13pm

iirc pio said that the sub server costs are actually minimal. also one thing i'm noticing is that people don't want to grind for gold or whatever, so making that more easier for people in the sub server would make it more appealing.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 2:14pm

But that is why topics get made? So people get to discuss in them. You should not make any topics ever if you want people to just agree with you.

In RU, the f2p population is 10 times the subscription population. If you want the server to get fixed, get the word out of this community, get people to come and try the game out, especially while the subscription server is free. If you get 1/4 of the people to attract one friend to the server, that is 25% boost in population.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 2:19pm

Fact is: if it goes like this sub server is going to get closed, unless they get massive 1000 player invasion, which is ofc possible, but since there is f2p server right next to it, I doubt it.

It takes time for people to realize how the situation really looks like. Obviously seeing there's a free to play server, any potential new players will go there first. They have to hit their heads few times against the great concrete wall before they come to the only conclusion - that there's no point to play there unless you either:

a) are absurdly rich

or

b) can play 8-12h/day

Only THEN they will consider joining the p2p.
Such is people, they have to find out the hard way.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 2:25pm

Viuhti

Trainee

iirc pio said that the sub server costs are actually minimal. also one thing i'm noticing is that people don't want to grind for gold or whatever, so making that more easier for people in the sub server would make it more appealing.
I think grinding is pretty minimal at allods? Atleast to compared to some other games, but ofc that gold grinding might be a problem and why not making something up to make it easier, it could help no doubt ^^

And Dala, thats why a bit longer continously going free time could help getting new people, they would have enough time to get to know the good sides of p2p.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "h4wka" (May 7th 2014, 2:30pm)

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 2:31pm

I think grinding is pretty minimal at allods? Atleast to compared to some other games, but ofc that gold grinding might be a problem and why not making something up to make it easier, it could help no doubt ^^

I agree, I don't mind the grind either but a majority doesn't :(. If you look at the various threads about why ppl don't come to p2p, one of the reasons is because they can just buy gold and never have to grind for it. A lot of ppl also value their time, so any time saving mechanic, for example replicators, helps a lot.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 2:48pm

Viuhti

Trainee

Have to say that re-rolling wont ofc be necessary, if just every new player is given the time to get into the p2p server, enough time to see the good sides. But so far we have had over a month of free sub? And nothing changed population kept dropping. This is the reason why it could help new, and why not some old players who have quit for some reason earlier, make the decision to go p2p server.
I realise that move like re-rolling can also be fatal blow for whole server, current (40?) players could decide quitting too, but considering the direction the server has been heading for the last 1-2 months, I don't think it will change the future of the server that much.

And sorry for my english btw, but I hope you get my point ^^

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 3:11pm

Thanks for your replies but unless you have something else, please make "Don't re-roll sub server" topic or something, I know you are against it and just wanting to see what people would think about that option without your opinion smacked to their face for 2 pages.

Of course it could, but taking that step is very dangerous. When we start playing any sort of online game, but especially MMO-something games (MMORPG is the best-known type of MMO game, but MMOFPS games could (do?) exist, in effect closely resembling an MMORPG with only PvP action), we like some reassurance that the game's operators aren't going to wipe out what we achieve. There's two ways they can do this, of course. They can simply close the game. Game over, man, end of line. It's sad, but it happens, and that's that. The other thing is that they can reset the server(s) so that we have to start over. We all know this is, from a technological point of view, possible for any game operator at any time. You take the server(s) down for maintenance and you delete all character-related information from the game's databases. Voila, a clean server with all game progress erased. The thing is that nobody really believes that any game operator would do that, so an operator that does it will break that trust, and that's more or less the end of that. The game will be known everywhere as the one that scrubbed its servers, and nobody will trust that it won't happen again.

So my opinion is that no, they should NOT do it. It is a HUGE violation of trust, and has the potential to kill off all the operator's other games, never mind just the one that was scrubbed.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 3:14pm

What this game really needs for both servers is advertizing. Seriously I have not seen any adds for Allods since the Gipat expansion with the exception of emails from gpotato trying to entice me to come back to the game after the Gipat patch made me quit.

Without advertizing it is hard to get new players to join.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 3:14pm

A lot of ppl also value their time, so any time saving mechanic, for example replicators, helps a lot.

Defeats the purpose of the game.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 3:18pm

Viuhti

Trainee

ofc they cant do it without consulting with players common sense says that. But atm I think it is possible to negotiate with active players since there arent that many of them, polls or such?, and get into a solution, ofc there can come other, better solutions for problems and all this can be put behind.
I do realise this isn't normal way of handling things, but I personally like the game, specially the times I spent at p2p server, and its a shame i'm ending up quitting it. So if there is a way to ressurect the server from the dead, I would go for it. But atm, server being so unpopulated even if I like the game, I just can't get my self to spent time for it.

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 3:23pm

A lot of ppl also value their time, so any time saving mechanic, for example replicators, helps a lot.

Defeats the purpose of the game.

I also agree (never liked replicators except for using them on a test/finals week) but that's one of the reasons why p2p has like 6ppl on each faction and F2P has like 100-200+ ppl each faction :P.

The timing of some crucial events, such as dominion and AS, are also straying away some population. Having a debuff that would not allow you to go into AS twice in one day for example would help, or just the general idea of having a debuffs so you can't enter events twice in one day. We already know it's hard to implement, but it would probably help the game for the better in the future.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Nova" (May 7th 2014, 3:37pm)

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 3:35pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

I'm kinda in favor of this idea but it would have to be executed fairly.

One of the options I had in mind was to open an another p2p server in which players could start from scratch (as mentioned above, server maintenance costs are minimal, right?) and advertise it as "The reborn english/german/french/turkish allods online subscription server!!"which might attract a lot of people that were interested in allods and disliked the pay 2 win model of it, but were too late to join the current p2p server.(And myself is one of them, currently struggling in the f2p server and about to stop wasting time with the evercoming cash shop sales) Also the ones who never heard of allods before and became interested enough to try out such a great game as this!
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 3:56pm

Viuhti

Trainee

Just popping a new server... Yeah it would do the same purpose, but also there would be a risk of dividing players even more, ofc the servers would be merged eventually, where the old smugglers paradise players would be in advantage. Thats why I think fresh start for everyone might be better?
IF decision is to make a move like either of above, I think timing is pretty good for it? Latest update isn't that far behind us, at p2p people aren't that far with their astral gears, sure some have impressive amount of em, but due to its lack of people getting into astral was hard all the time. ofc it doesnt take the fact that people have spent alot of effort and time for their character and I don't want to undermine that. ^^

Rate this thread