You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, August 2nd 2018, 8:26pm

PVP question

Last time i played this game was 3 or 4 years ago. So have they made any changes to how PVP works or is it still carry war banner and kill anybody you want to at anytime?

Thursday, August 2nd 2018, 9:15pm

you need to wait 30 seconds now after using the banner before you can kill... this makes it possible for those who dislike pvp to completely avoid it

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 12:00am

Will i guess that's an improvement.

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 12:34am

There's no open pvp zones in this game anymore. For some carebears this is indeed "an improvement".

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 3:45am

There's no open pvp zones in this game anymore. For some carebears this is indeed "an improvement".
I guess that's me. Sorry if you don't like it. I just wish pvp was optional. Let all players have the choice of how they want to play. I have nothing against pvp. I just love it in shooter games not mmo's.

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 4:58am

Pvp in Allods is a joke in general. In other mmorpg games or whatever games Iam able to kill top geared players with some effort 1v1. Here u just gotta accept that u either can or cannot kill it, and then go and improve your chsracter so you are the one unkillable. All the characters have a special selfhealing and survival abilities now, making a gap even bigger, leaving a fight with 100% hp.

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 7:07pm

No other game offer some pvp mechanisms as shitty as in Allods.

Let's not even mentioning the list of bugs that grow patch after patch (freeze when mount/dismount, delays, fall through textures, lags coming out of nowhere, skills that are not working, etc), the pvp activities has been turned into a pure boredom. The only improvement that came last patch is the reducing of the GCD from 2 sec to 1 sec (GCD is a lag you get each time you cast a skill), this was the only improvement.

Other features in pvp are:

Aspects: your build will be bound to one or two generic aspects with no other possibility, which means everyone have to play into similar ways, no variation, no combination, no surprise.

CC: you will get CCed all the time. If few people decide to focus you, you'll be chained CCed until the end without anything to do (all your skills, all your buttons will be greyed, same as if your computer were inoperative), you will be only forced to wait, and this will happen over and over in most bgs, leaving you with an urge to puke.

Matchmaking (team random composition): It's a pure shit, no other words can describe such kind of rotten crap. You can get stucked with some teams that don't have a single chance to win anything more then twenty time in a row (not exaggerating, that really happened).

Targeting: Half of the class are not targetable, unless you're manually using mouse (almost impossible since everyone is moving) or addons. Otherwise, psys are not targetable, demonologists
are not targetable, summoners are not targetable, wardens are not targetable, healers and bards are sometimes targetable (when you're lucky). This show how sloppy this game has become.

Let's not forget witch hollow: in this bg, respawn takes litterally hours, so your two main activities in this bg will be:
1) waiting while being CCed
2) waiting at respawn

In other words

If you're searching for strategy in this game, forget it. Pvp in this game never required any kind of strategy.

If you're searching for some tactics, forget it. Theyr kind of matchmaking make any tactics useless.

If you're searching for fun or interest at using your skills and knowledge, forget it. Aspects and matchmaking will turn it into a rotten experience.

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 8:43pm

respawntime is too long, yes, and while aspects with their limitations indeed ruin it somehow the other things are false

you can break CCs, there are some skills available during ccs (psi for example has free cc breaker concentration in PVP, paladin has shieldbreakheal thing and gets cd reduction under cc, warrior has worldmystery ccbreaker and so on)

matchmaking is random

targeting works properly, just change camera into the direction you want and press tab, 1st or 2nd press will select th etarget you want
the skills to break targeting like psi-clone are working as intended, its not hard to counter it however especially if you have ESP addon

complaining about beeing unable to beat a veteran which is topgeared a joke, this is a stateful game which means you need to gear up before you can be "top"
if you want a game where a skilled rookie can defeat a 5year playing veteran go for counterstrike or any other stateless game
if you are weak its your fault
accept it or get better are the options you have

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 9:26pm

Quoted

you can break CCs, there are some skills available during ccs (psi for example has free cc breaker concentration in PVP, paladin has shieldbreakheal thing and gets cd reduction under cc, warrior has worldmystery ccbreaker and so on)
CC breaking can be used for most of class 1 or 2 time in a fight, which in the end is close to useless when u're chain CCed.

Quoted

matchmaking is random
And what? This is precisely the problem.

Quoted

targeting works properly, just change camera into the direction you want and press tab, 1st or 2nd press will select th etarget you want
Unless you know better then me what i have on my screen, tab targeting is NOT working, you can press tab 100 time without getting a target.

Quoted

complaining about beeing unable to beat a veteran which is topgeared a joke, this is a stateful game which means you need to gear up before you can be "top"
Where do you see that i'm talking about veteran? I'm talking about mechanisms. Do you even read what it's written before copy/paste always the same response? Repeating the same phrase like a bot licker, THIS is a joke.

Saturday, August 4th 2018, 12:57am

dragagon

Unregistered

PVP is one of the best there is here to be honest. My opinion so I wish to not participate in forum fire like people above ;x

Saturday, August 4th 2018, 2:26am

Quoted

CC: you will get CCed all the time. If few people decide to focus you, you'll be chained CCed until the end without anything to do (all your skills, all your buttons will be greyed, same as if your computer were inoperative), you will be only forced to wait, and this will happen over and over in most bgs, leaving you with an urge to puke.

Suport have 12s cc pury (it's thay job to anty-cc you)

Suport have buff making you anty-cc for 5 sek

Support have buff making you 50%- less duration of stuns

You have potion making you immunite to cc for 5sek

wilpover stats

Engineer inc skill puri aoe cc

Skills making you break cc (exemple engi machinegun)

System : if you get cc same type like 3-4 times in short time it make you immunite for long time (exemple slow effects)

Stats make you take xx-% of dmg if your cc

Guild rubys who heal you while you in cc

Camuflage/invasible effects making you untargetable

June shield

Posibility use mira ability if your in cc, reducing dmg by 30% for some time

long cd of cc abilitis (1-2m sometimes)

yeh ofc you right, cc is problem...

Quoted

Unless you know better then me what i have on my screen, tab targeting is NOT working, you can press tab 100 time without getting a target.

Instal free addons

Quoted

Targeting: Half of the class are not targetable, unless you're manually using mouse (almost impossible since everyone is moving) or addons. Otherwise, psys are not targetable, demonologists are not targetable, summoners are not targetable, wardens are not targetable, healers and bards are sometimes targetable (when you're lucky). This show how sloppy this game has become.

Quoted

Not understand your problem

I use just tab, and addon offing pet/psiclones target

if you have broken tab, recomend Unitdetector, or Sniper addon

Quoted

If you're searching for strategy in this game, forget it. Pvp in this game never required any kind of strategy.

You can be suprised, more problem ther are no leaders in random bg (until you join as 2-3ppl or get qued togcheter as guild and you can join Discord )

in dominium or Mistic glade, you have more options as a team

Quoted

Pvp in Allods is a joke in general. In other mmorpg games or whatever games Iam able to kill top geared players with some effort 1v1. Here u just gotta accept that u either can or cannot kill it

You're right, thats why you fight as team, not one

Quoted

Matchmaking (team random composition): It's a pure shit, no other words can describe such kind of rotten crap. You can get stucked with some teams that don't have a single chance to win anything more then twenty time in a row (not exaggerating, that really happened).

+ Person wanted fast earn, by 2-3min bg who finish fast as win or lose
- Person who want endles fight and get fun from balanced team

In game you have 3vs3 or 6vs6 option, when you can join as team or solo named "trening 3vs3/6vs6 "

Then if you ghater strong team, you can try your strage on ranked 3vs3/6vs6

Quoted

Aspects: your build will be bound to one or two generic aspects with no other possibility, which means everyone have to play into similar ways, no variation, no combination, no surprise.

I personaly prefer this option, becose know many ppl, who suck at stats, and even with that simple improves, have problem with build, also yellow stars are problematic, and not always "best" option to chose

Don't know like your experience, but my plaing in f2p guild, most ppl are casuals, who not even know about "special stats" existent, or taking rubys who are not nessesary

resulting doing same dmg as sup or tank, being dps :wacko:, also after 9.0.1 you don't have patch note, and some skills are wrong writed (for expemble, ruby tell your buffs are for 15s, but in real it's 20s), or even unable to read :thumbdown:

This post has been edited 10 times, last edit by "Xrade19" (Aug 4th 2018, 3:07am)