You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 11th 2018, 7:01am

The only existing way to revive P2P server

_____Hi. Gonna introduce myself first. I am an old player, by old I mean real old, I started somewhere in 2009 on russian realm during open beta, then switched to european realm ISA somewhere in feubrary 2010, when they launched open beta there. Since then I been playing allods more or less actively, sometimes did breaks, but I did always return to this game because it indeed had unexplainable charm. I've seen community developing, guilds raise and fall, people come and pass, every major update, every change in game, publisher change, monetizing policy change, I know pretty much everything in history of this game, or at least it's path in western world. Today I am here on this forum to most likely waste my time and to state obvious things that nobody wants to discuss, to give yet one another feedback from regular player perspective. I do realise that most likely this feedback will never be read by anyone of those officials who can really make the difference and take decisions, or at least have any influence on those guys in russian headquarters who rule game policy. However, a man tend to hope, and wasting 20 minutes of my time for posting this will not kill me.
_____So, what is the current situation on f2p realms: they are literally unplayable for 99% of regular players, yes they are and you know it. No need to go for those excuses "nobody forces you to play on top level, play pve and be happy". Yea, no. Those are just excuses, to be actually useful in endgame and not have mister Dickenson in your mouth permanently you have to invest AT LEAST not less than 2000 euro. This number is very approximate and I am not going to discuss it, but yet it is very informative, it gives you very clear picture. So, to join to top tier endgame, the only tier where you supposed to find real competition and fun, you inevitably have to pay fee of 2000 euro. You will never get there through currency exchange, with current exchange rate you will never do, period. So, how many new players you expect to see on f2p realms, really? Take into consideration that game is almost TEN years old. You can answer to this question easily. Alright, I see you brought a Premium bonuses! But it wont make any difference, keep this argument, it does not really change those values above to the level where it would become acceptable. So, I'll make a summary of this: f2p will keep slowly decaying and only those addicts who already invested thousands will keep playing for some time, then they'll get sick of each other and start leaving too. I personally have lost any kind of hope for f2p and it's future. Came here randomly to see new class and reworked Novograd(found just 6 new trees and new borders, feel scammed) and I am pretty sure that population decreased significantly since my last visit. Next thing that normal man would think of is p2p server, but according to the forum p2p population is close to 15 people in League and zero in Empire. What a joke.
_____So here I am, in hope to see things change, because if they dont then the game will only constantly keep going down, and I believe that it still has some potential. It hurts to see where it all has come, but it was expected, the direction was pretty clear and it was never changed. I'll try to give you an idea of why nobody wants to play on p2p and what keeps old players from returning to the game and inviting their old fellows. I keep believeing that at least someone still care.
_____Things that instantly turn old and new players away are very simple and few:
_____Most important thing here is that p2p players cant access most content that you can have on f2p: costumes, mounts, boosters, additional rubies, runes, weapon skins, ability points, stat points, nearly everything that is sold in boutique. So this is how it feels from player perspective: you have to pay for the game monthly but you get just half of content, like a person of second sort, you get worse quality for your own money, you literally feel humiliated and discriminated as a customer, like if you would go to grocery shop and buy liter of milk and vendor would spit in your face because you did not buy 10 liters. Pretty obvious, I guess you know it too.
_____Second thing that turns away old players who know the game and would want to return but cant because of part one: players tend to stick to their characters, they invest hundreds of hours into them and its very unlikely that they would accept an idea of starting all over again somewhere else. What can be done here? It is very simple: you have to allow one way f2p -> p2p characters transfer. Why it wasn't done before? Because of part one, f2p and p2p content differences. But now when you solved part1 there's nothing on your way.

_____I'll give a short summary here for those who not managed to climb over text wall.
Things that I suggest to do:
- Remove premium content differences between p2p and f2p. All existing on f2p items should be accessible through ingame activities.
- Allow free one way character transfer from f2p to p2p realms.
- Enable faction switching to let people play wherever they want instead of quitting.
- Run some advertisment event related to this change, like giving bonuses to people who returns in groups, giving bonuses to people who spread this new and reward them for every player they managed to return.

_____Epilogue. I honestly tried to make it shorter but not managed to, my apologize. The game on its own is not bad, it has potential, who is to blame is marketologists who decided to pick marketing strategy similar to what drugsellers use, relying on few addicts rather than on thousands of normies. I'll give you random example here. Not so long ago there was Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and one known game developer company, known as Blizzard(not advetising) managed to gather 12 700 000 dollars(this is public number) for charity by just selling ONE skin for one playable character in one of their games. And they didnt even get those money, they was spent for charity. How did they do that much? It is very simple: their games are played by MANY people. One of those M's in abbreviation MMO stands for 'massively", just so you know. How many do you get from selling your scamboxes? 50k per event? Am I too optimistic? One skin. Yea, no.
Greetings.
A.
I Worship His Shadow

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The last Brunnen-G" (Aug 11th 2018, 7:11am)

Saturday, August 11th 2018, 10:44am

f2p realms: they are literally unplayable for 99% of regular players
actually its more like 99% of players do well, only a few losers are unable to properly play and use the existence of an itemshop as an excuse for their fail

AT LEAST not less than 2000 euro
false
there are players (including me) which reached (almost) everything FREE
$ is just a shortcut

here is a list on what i achieved free:
level 9 runes
all relevant battlemounts (lightning / mirage) and some other
acombatarmor with all impreovements
all + statpoints, rubies etc. (only lack the orange earring and the orange / teal talentpoint and the purple dragontear which i dont need anyway)
all respec / goblin / comfortthings
all reincarnations, max level, with full private allod (although the allod has guests and a dragonegg now :P)
all the items like carnifex, martyr improvement and other helping things in battle
... and so on... just by doing some auctions and playing the game

what i avoided was wasting gold on non-permanent things like elixiers, boosters and all these goldsinks
i also did not open a single lotterybox for many years, always got the items from auctions or direct buy
when i had less time to play and at the beginning i did not waste gold on gearup aswell which saved me a small fortune

if i can do it everyonce can, im not a wizard or something, actually i think i even have much less time to play this wonderful ame than many other players have...
with current exchange rate you will never do, period
i was told that when i started te game. exchanferate was 1:6 then
just play properly and you can have everything for free, just by playing

p2p server, but according to the forum p2p population is close to 15 people in League and zero in Empire
makes it seem just a tiny amount of people likes the payment for play model

then the game will only constantly keep going down
i see a lot of new players, they catch up, a few days later i see them with beter gear and all, so it seems the catchup-opportuniy of 9.0.1 got quite some players onboard

p2p players cant access most content that you can have on f2p: costumes, mounts, boosters, additional rubies, runes, weapon skins, ability points, stat points, nearly everything that is sold in boutique
always when i had conversations with p2p players they told me they do no want these items...
if you want them, jst play the normal game on the normal server...

you wanted them by "Normal playing" - wll thats what i did... just played, exchanged, done
one way character transfer
why not 2-way? want to trap players?

scamboxes
a lottery is always with minimal chance of winning
beeing a bad loser like the fox with the grapes wont change that
if you (like me) dislike the random component of lottery boxes, buy from auction or worldshot-marketplace - you wont regret it

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 11th 2018, 10:54am)

Saturday, August 11th 2018, 7:16pm

Yulian

Intermediate

We all know your a die hard fan Allods Online Player.
I agree with almost everything The Last Brunnen G said.
Allods marketing is extremely bad. Players are few.
You can counter attack this persons statements, because you like the game or you can try and see past them and understand what he means.
I play the game at the moment, the game does feel more populated but... I doubt it will last long. In 4 weeks i was only able to play 1 goblin ball match, and keep in mind i was qued for around 4 hours everyday(char is lvl 80). That is the MASSIVLY MULTYPLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME THAT ALLODS IS... and i was qued on rush hours too.
So yeah if you can t give me 7 more people to play more than one gb match in 4 weeks then you as a game have a problem.

Saturday, August 11th 2018, 9:52pm

just because no goblinball is played the game has population issues?
this is unlogical, its rather that goblinball is not fun for most :P

normal BG pops a lot, even at later times, that is what i noticed, and its awesome

Sunday, August 12th 2018, 8:11am

This is hilarious how much local staff is scared of people speaking truth freely so they even put pre-moderation on my messages and dont dare to let me post my replies. Truely european quality of service.
I Worship His Shadow

Monday, August 13th 2018, 1:13am

Laany

Intermediate

@ about P2P not rigth Empire is Nobody , we just not sitting in Tower and slacking ------ Still People forget what we all have for 7/8/10 Euro in Month for what you must pay on F2p and this more then this what Sup cost :D And when you buy now the CE for 8 Euro or 21 you have Supp and items !

alone Mounts , Repli , Costumes , for free or just Platin coins or Al Coins, Lot Pet for FREE ! Replis free from Astral alone this is worth for P2p , no Mountfeed or Blessing ! We have all same Ruby , stats when you do all Raids ! so we dont need pushing from CS items ! Same no Runes because we dont need it ! Here you need skill !

I play self on P2p and F2p and i can really say even you reduce all what you need is it more then 10 Euro in Month what you must pay , so i can say we can be happy for what we have free on P2p . Still we get new things and My.com try to help us how they can ! Alone Name change was free just per Ticket for what you pay on F2p 12,50 Euro and now we pay 2.50 Euro for the Scroll what really is ok ! Guys please when you speak about P2p then open Eyes and maybe look what you get for your Sup and for what you must pay more then 10 Euro in month on F2p and you will see you save many Money on P2p !

@ Goblinball yes ask your self why nobody want to play this ! You get not a really Chance to learn it because *Insults* who has mood to play then ?`Same with Votekick in Bg is ok for offline or really afk Player but for Player what new or dying always is not ok ! Still Allods and this is normal on F2p is the diffrent to big from new Player and CS players , but when you start a old Game you should know this ! So if you want play F2p dont cry when you always die in Bg against High and old Player and you need not 2000 euro for be a good Player , somtimes you need Brain and Skill and not just CS Items ! I know many Player who have 0 Skill but Cs items make it :D

But when you start us new Player doenst Matter which Game you have Problems is normal and this depends not on Puplisher and new Player come on get so many free now nobody need more crying ;)
Don't try to shut up my Mouth when he is only speaking the truth!

Monday, August 13th 2018, 1:46am

Hey, nice to see someone from the old days. Played in the same time as you did and came here after microtransactions killed the game for me.

Monday, August 13th 2018, 4:49pm

dragagon

Unregistered

Hey, nice to see someone from the old days. Played in the same time as you did and came here after microtransactions killed the game for me.

Killed the server for you?*
p2p has no microtransations.

Tuesday, August 14th 2018, 1:10pm

VVell not knovv hovv you get thet 2k$

Novv it's ez to start plaing f2p cuz you got all epic items for free, big discout for p5, and free fast mount, all you need is just change your runes from 6-7 to 9 and much vvork on stats/build managing, vvitch that you can even beat braindead 13 runes player (cuz it's 30-40% in dmg diferent on that lv) and good knovving vvhat attack your enemy vvill do, you can decrest his strongests attack like 30-60%, or heal it

this all vvill cost you 200euro

https://allods.my.com/en/news/sales/crystal-chips-sale-2

360000/480=750g per 1cc

80760824/4000=20190bc

or 1y of plaing if you vvill earn 100 bc per day (lats say you just do x12 9k run x3 times per day= 450k = 110bc) and you have gold from bg/aod/astral hunt etc to get...
Also you can making pots, or eq to sell in ah, or droped items from aI-ruins (20-100k per item)

vvhat make nevv ppl left is fealing "ohhh hovv many i need to get, and i not knovv hovv to start" and geting one-shot in bg becose of it

you no need even pay 20 euro for artifact items to rent any more

so lets tell your lazy ass, and you vvill be manage to earn 2k bc per 30d + top up 20$ = 4kbc per month (cost of one orange item)

Thats vvhat "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" say about in short

Quoted

_____Most important thing here is that p2p players cant access most content that you can have on f2p: costumes, mounts, boosters, additional rubies, runes, weapon skins, ability points, stat points, nearly everything that is sold in boutique.

True, vvho vvant play on cenzuerd version of allods

thay schold make subscription discout, until get player base, and add that items vvith posibility to get in game

then vven vvill be inaf number of players, slovvly up $ to that price is novv

This post has been edited 12 times, last edit by "Xrade19" (Aug 14th 2018, 2:45pm)

Tuesday, August 14th 2018, 1:18pm

I have forwarded your feedback to our developers. Thank you!

Tuesday, August 14th 2018, 1:38pm

_____I'll give a short summary here for those who not managed to climb over text wall.
Things that I suggest to do:
- Remove premium content differences between p2p and f2p. All existing on f2p items should be accessible through ingame activities.
- Allow free one way character transfer from f2p to p2p realms.
- Enable faction switching to let people play wherever they want instead of quitting.
- Run some advertisment event related to this change, like giving bonuses to people who returns in groups, giving bonuses to people who spread this new and reward them for every player they managed to return.

A.
1) That's one of our targets, but it will take some time.
2) It's not possible to mix p2p and f2p players, because they have paid for different content.
3) Makes no differense here.
4) We will see what we can do.

Thank you! :)

Wednesday, August 15th 2018, 2:10am

2) It's not possible to mix p2p and f2p players, because they have paid for different content.
Speaking of legal side of this, none of f2p players 'paid' for content, all transactions(except, maybe, collector edditions) are donations(yes we don't want to pay taxes, that's not a new), and donations are only sent by free will, not matter if donators being rewarded in one or another way for it. It's more about what publisher/developer want or don't want to do, I believe it is even stated in agreement which players sign upon entering game that characters and accounts are property of my.com and player only rent it for unlimited amount of time(I might be slightly mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in one of versions of agreements), along with that publisher/developer have unlimited rights in controlling characters/accounts and can take any action over them which they find necessary without any explainations. So no, I disagree that it is 'not possible', but I can believe in that publisher/developer don't want to do that. I don't see why, however. I don't see how it would harm anyone, and again, it's less likely that all those people would pay attention to p2p changes without this important part. So what's the difference what they 'paid' for if they quitted once and for all already?
I Worship His Shadow

Wednesday, August 15th 2018, 3:14am

Quoted

Speaking of legal side of this, none of f2p players 'paid' for content, all transactions(except, maybe, collector edditions) are donations(yes we don't want to pay taxes, that's not a new), and donations are only sent by free will, not matter if donators being rewarded in one or another way for it. It's more about what publisher/developer want or don't want to do, I believe it is even stated in agreement which players sign upon entering game that characters and accounts are property of my.com and player only rent it for unlimited amount of time(I might be slightly mistaken, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in one of versions of agreements), along with that publisher/developer have unlimited rights in controlling characters/accounts and can take any action over them which they find necessary without any explainations. So no, I disagree that it is 'not possible', but I can believe in that publisher/developer don't want to do that. I don't see why, however. I don't see how it would harm anyone, and again, it's less likely that all those people would pay attention to p2p changes without this important part. So what's the difference what they 'paid' for if they quitted once and for all already?

p2p paid to be equal

f2p paid to be better then another

thats vvhy not posible, imagine you transfer p2p to f2p and got 8 runes, he left cuz another are stronger then him, take f2p to p2p and take his all times he "donated" for, he vvill left cuz for not that he "donated", it's logical reson :P

Same butthurt had f2p players, vvhen thay farmed or donated for items, vvhat nevvbies geting for free novv

Wednesday, August 15th 2018, 5:17am

thats vvhy not posible, imagine you transfer p2p to f2p and got 8 runes, he left cuz another are stronger then him, take f2p to p2p and take his all times he "donated" for, he vvill left cuz for not that he "donated", it's logical reson

First, I did suggest only f2p to p2p one-way transfer only, no other way around. Second, I did not mean that upon transefrring character from f2p to p2p any of it's items should be removed, that is why first part of my suggestion is there and that is why they supposed to only work together. To let people who quitted months/years ago because of cash shop policy return to the game but without need of making brand new character on p2p, without losing goods that they invested time and money into. For example a man with 7th level runes and green-blue-purple ruby scrolls would transfer to p2p and would only need to farm from 7's to 13's and only rubies above purple. And nobody forces anyone from f2p to transfer to p2p, people who are fine with current system can keep playing there, why would anyone quit then?
I Worship His Shadow

Wednesday, August 15th 2018, 8:20pm

ironist

Trainee

Bring faction change back so that players won't have to quit the game when the faction they play in dies. It is hard to play as solo in this game-- that's why there are guilds, raids and parties. This may not seem like a problem in F2P servers; however, it is a huge problem which exists right now in P2P. Make it purchasable in the shop for a few euros and limit it with 3 months so that a player cannot change the faction within the next 3 months.
Rave

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ironist" (Aug 16th 2018, 12:30am)

Rate this thread