You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 1:04pm

[PmB] Healthefockr's PVP Caster Healer build

INTRO

Hello everyone!

My name is Healthefockr. I’m a lvl 60 cleric and proud officer of the guild Sexy Pirates. My main role in any astral/raid/pvp-scenario is to be a Full Healer. Throughout the launch of the new 5.0 patch I've been playing every type of healer.

Caster Healer (CH)
Melee Healer (MH)
Full Healer (FH)

In this patch I’m loving Caster Healer. Allods has made some proper changes in the rubies and increased our damage which makes Caster Healer a really fun and viable class to play! Having Greatness allows me to have two builds, so I never have to worry about not being able to help my guildies out and not being able to have a FH build! Some might argue that Melee Healer is still the way to go, though in my opinion, with the way healer currently is, you could go any way you like and be successful!

CHANGES

The patch has brought some nice changes to the healer class. Every damage spell has been given an increase of damage and in particular the change of a few talents and rubies. Of course, the stats have also been revamped! I will be going over the stats here, and the change of talents/rubies will be discussed when I'm explaining them after showing my build.

Any other changes to the healer class can be found here: http://allodsoracle.com/patch-notes-5-0-heart-of-the-world/
Thank you Lady Oracle for this amazing site!

Stats:

*Vigor
increases your damage/healing done by ..

*Proficiency
increases damage and healing done by ..%

*Determination
upon receiving damage your damage- and healing output will increase

*Brutality
increase damage/healing done the lower your target's health is

* Anger
increases speed of giving wound complexity

*Luck
increases the chance of dealing a critical hit (can be boosted with Draconic Relics)

*Stamina
Increases your health by ..

*Vitality
increases your health by ..%

*Willpower
will grant you immunity for .. seconds when you take .. damage while under cc

*Bloodlust
heals you ..% of your damage dealt or healing done

*Tenacity
gain wound complexity slower

*Faith
increases your mana pool by ..

What stats should you be focusing on?

As a PVP CH you'll have to deal damage, but also be able to heal yourself. This makes you need a good balance in your stats.
I feel like the most important are:

*Proficiency
*Brutality
*Vitality
*Willpower
*Tenacity

My main focus will be Brutality as offensive stat and Vitality as defensive stat.

Most people will not make a second gear set for going Full Healer, so for example I won't bother taking anger since it is not that useful for out class, especially not as FH. Bloodlust does not seem that good either and it's healing is not that good. We are a healer and have other/better ways for healing. Determination might be a good stat, though standing in the back as a caster healer, you won't get hit as much for it to be effective so proficiency and brutality seem like the right way to go.

BUILD

As I already said, I love to PVP and duel with other people, that's why I'll be showing you my PVP-caster healer build. In this build I will be using 69 talent points and 59 rubies.

Talent points:
*damage*
- Holy Blast/Celestial Judgment
Your basic caster healer attack with a new cast time of 2 seconds.

- Cleansing Flames
A nice DoT (damage-over-time)

- Particle of Light
Strongest single target spell and instant cast with fanaticism

- Chain of Light
Strong AoE (Area of Effect) attack for multiple targets and also instant cast with fanaticism

- Heavenly Smite
Strongest AoE attack with knockdown, 1 seconds cast time and 25 second cooldown. The damage dealt has been increased by 75% which makes Heavenly Smite worth it's mana cost.

- Sacred Word
An 8 second attack that freezes the opponent and deals damage, it can only be used on demons (but with 'Valiant Guardian' rubies it can also be
used on players). This ability will be unlocked by doing the World Mystery quest line.

- Providence
Puts 8 stack on a enemy target, dealing damage each time the enemy gets hit. Every hit, 1 stack is used. This ability consumes Tears of the Dragon. (When cast on a friendly target it will heal instead of doing damage)

*healing*

- Devoted Plea/Refreshing Light
Basic healing spell. Not everyone might be taking this for pvp though personally I like it. I might not use it that much, but it can be a real life
saver in certain situations and with Specks of Light it can be a very nice heal.

- Perpetual Healing
Healing over time spell with instant cast time, try having it up every time you can.

- Holy Rejuvenation/Holy Healing
Strong healing spell instant cast time with fanaticism with 1 minute cooldown.

- Providence
Puts 8 stacks of Providence on a friendly target healing them every time they get hit. Every hit, 1 stack is used. This ability consumes Tears of the Dragon. As previously mentioned, this can also be used as a damage dealing spell! This makes it such a great spell and another must have for any healer.

*other*
- Master of Aspects
Aspect of Light - Caster -
Aspect (rank1) - Gives you a change to receive fanaticism when you use Holy Blast/Celestial Judgment. It also makes you be able to cast Holy Blast/Celestial Judgment without being interrupted by damage and increases all holy damage dealt by 10%

Aspect of Mercy - Healer Aspect (rank 2) -
Gives you a chance to receive fanaticism when you or a party member receives damage. It also allows you to use cast Devoted Plea/Refreshing Light without being interrupted by damage and removes the cooldown on Holy Rejuvenation/Holy Healing

Aspect of Rage - Melee Aspect (rank3) -
Gives you a change to receive fanaticism when you use Verdict/Anathema. It also increases your anger with 15

- Blind Faith
5 second blind with 30 second cooldown.

- Binding Light
This binds the target for 12 seconds making them periodically unable to move or use any ability. It can be very helpful a duel though if the enemy is hit, the paralyze effect will go away. I do believe that even a 0.3 second paralyze is very nice since it can block someone from casting a spell. (Unfortunately upgrading Biding Light does not decrease it's cast time anymore, so take it rank 2. When a player is immune cause of his willpower, Binding Light will disappear even if it still has 10 seconds to go. That is also why I took it rank 2 and not rank 3.)

- Holy Shield
A healers best friend, a 10 seconds shield dispelling everything negative effect and making them immune to everything. It has a 3 mintue cooldown but can be reduced with rubies.

- Faith Boundaries
A shield that absorbs a certain amount of damage AND stuns all targets around you for 3 seconds when the effect fades or when the shield breaks.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Healthefockr" (May 8th 2014, 6:30pm)

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 1:17pm

[PmB]Healthefockr's PVP Caster Healer build

Possible Questions?
*Devoted Plea... why would you take that? Do you even have time to use that skill in pvp?
YES, it can be a life saver in a lot of situations. When you're low on health but all your heals are on cooldown you could bubble or use a shield and pop off some 'Devoted Pleas'. You'll be surprised at how much you actually heal!
(Rubies that boost your healing + tenacity + determination)

*Chain of Light rank 2?
Yes, dealing damage is less important than surviving AND in a duel it's just 1v1 so you won't use that as much as you think. I find it more important to have less cooldown on heavenly smite or having that little more healing by taking Refreshing Light.

*Faith Boundaries only rank 1?
Yes, it might be nice to absorb a little more damage, but the most important asset of the skill is the stun, and that's why
R1 is more than enough.

Rubies:
*Holy Blast grid*
- Frenzy is one of the rubies completely changed with 5.0. It has been transformed into a skill that makes you able to cast 'heavenly
smite'/'celestial judgment' instantaneously and with a 70% less mana cost for 8 seconds. This has a 1 minute cooldown.

- Unbridled Wrath gives you a 25% chance to receive the Unbridled Wrath effect every 2 seconds you are in combat. This effect will decreasing the cooldown of Frenzy with 15 seconds! (The in-game description is wrong) This ruby is what makes a Caster Healer
effective in pve and is also a must in pvp.

- Miracle Worker decreases cast time of 'Holy Blast' and 'celestial judgment' by 30%. You will now have a cast time of 1.4 seconds instead of 2! this is a must-have in PVP but might be dropped in PVE.

- Power of The Pure Increases the effect of all holy spells with 9% (damage skills + heals)

- Discipline's Reward gives you a 30% more magical resistance and armor if your health drops below 50%.
(this can pop every 40 seconds)

- Righteous Fervor Increases critical strike chance of 'Holy Blast/Celestial Judgment' and 'Devoted
Plea/Refreshing Light' by 15%

- Light's Generosity increases damage of 'particle of light' by 18%

- Deep concentration decreases cooldown of 'Holy Shield' by 45%

- Angelic Grace reduces the mana cost of all your abilities by 15%

- Light's Reach 'Celestial judgment' slows the target for 4 seconds. (And increases range of 'Holy Blast' and 'Celestial Judgment' with 5 yards) This is a nice little ruby though I only took it rank 1.

- Blessed Resolution is a ruby I did not take since the description in-game is wrong! What it actually
does is that each time you cast Holy Blast/Celestial Judgment the cooldown of Heavenly Smite is reduced with 3 seconds! I have not tested this out yet, though with Heavenly Smite dealing 75% more than it used to, this ruby actually seems really good! I suggest trying this one out as well, you could possibly change this out for Power of the Pure or Execution OR if you got some more rubies than me I suggest taking them.

*Verdict Grid*
- Exorcism makes all demons round you flee in terror for 6 seconds. It’s an AOE fear which is very nice in witch's hollow when combined with 'Holy Shield' and 'Frenzy'.

- Unbending Will increases the chance of getting fanaticism with 15%

- Execution This ruby has been slightly changed and does not only give extra lightning damage to 'Verdict/Anathema (Melee Healers). It now also gives our 'Celestial Judgment' a 35% chance of dealing extra lightning damage, this is a really nice damage-boost and I find it to be surprisingly good!

- Divine Instinct increases your vitality by 15.

- Ray of Hope increases your healing done by 30% when your health is below 50% when using Aspect of Light or Aspect of Rage! This ruby no longer works for a Full Healer (Aspect of Mercy).

- Hold in Contempt is a 6 second silence with a cooldown of 1 minute.

*Cleansing Flames Grid*
- Illuminated Mind increases your vigor with 9%

- Enlightenment increases your determination with 9%

- Entreaty is a healing spell that can not only be used with 'Aspect of Mercy' but also when using 'Aspect of Light', this is a great healing spell with low mana cost and should definitely be taken!

- Eternal flames boosts your 'cleansing flames' by giving them a 30% chance of renewing its duration and increasing damage by 10% each time the duration is increased (this can stack up to 5 times). And the best part about these rubies is that it also increases the duration of perpetual healing by 30% and makes it last for 18 seconds instead of 14! These rubies are a must-have if you spend any talent points in Cleansing Flames. Without them Cleansing Flames is just a waste of mana.

- Valiant Guardian is one of the most important rubies for a caster healer! It increases your willpower with 8 and must be taken R2 since then 'celestial judgment' will mark an enemy player as a demon for 20 seconds allowing you to use 'Exorcism' and 'Sacred Word'.

- Unshakable Faith increases your proficiency by 12 (one of those rubies can be found in the Holy Blast Grid).

- Divine Foresight is an ability that places an enchantment on a friendly target. When that target's health is below 35% it gets healed. A must have for any healer.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Healthefockr" (May 8th 2014, 3:11pm)

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 1:38pm

REINCARNATION/PAGE FROM THE SECRET BOOK

The choice of making a reincarnation could be a simple one, play whichever class you'd like to play. Though, IF you want healer to be your main character, you should try and find a reincarnation with a useful reincarnation skill. With every reincarnation you make, you'll have the choice between two skills of his class which you will be able to use on your other characters.

Since healers have such a wide range of play styles, not every skill might be as good as it seems. For example: the reincarnation skill of a warrior is 'charge' or 'adrenaline rush'. The mainly used skill here is 'charge'. Now, that skill might indeed be good for a melee healer but it is useless for a caster- or full healer.

A lot of people only have 1 reincarnation, so, it is important to think of which skill could be very useful overall. Now, what skills are the best then?
In my opinion, there are 2 good classes which can be used in every situation and that is:

1) Summoner: Fear (Which is what I use)

2) Ranger: Speed of the Damned (MH) or Recoil (CH & FH)

For people with more than 1 reincarnation, here are some other useful skills that can be used:

- Warrior's Charge (PVP) or Adrenaline Rush (PVE)

- Paladin's Strike of Justice or Vengeance

- Mage: Barriers or Flash

- Warden: Natural Balance

There is also a Boutique Item called Page from the Book of Secrets.
It is available for 900 crystals and it will give you all your classes' racial abilities. For the healer this will give you 3 extra spells which can be useful in different occasions. (These 4 racial spells share a 2 minute cooldown)

- Kanian Cleric's racial - Tensess' Shield
A shield which absorbs a certain amount of damage and can last up to 30 seconds.

- Elven Priest's racial - Vindictive Punishment
This skill puts a mark on an enemy for 15 seconds draining mana each time that enemy uses an ability.

- Xadaganian Inquisitor's racial - Unshakable Conviction
This attempts to remove a control- or slow down effect of your entire party.

- Arisen Heretic's racial - Warped Faith
this increases your healing done by 20% for 30 seconds.

HOW TO PLAY / SKILL ROTATION

The answer to this is very simple: with age comes wisdom. The more you play the better you will become, the better you will understand your own class AND also the other classes you are up against. A good duelist does not only know his class, but knows every skill of every other class that can be used against him. You have to time your martyr's protection and not just use it the first second a stun comes along. When do you use Holy Shield? This could also be a crucial in the duel, do you use it in the beginning to get some good damage going and with the chance of being able to use it again in 2 minutes? OR do you wait for the perfect time, just on the brick of death?

I will try and go over some tips and tricks that I find very useful + I started a little series in which I'll be dueling every class. The links to some videos will be below. I hope the videos will help you understand how to play as Caster Healer in a pvp situation and show you when I use martyr's protection, what rotation I try to use, how I start of my duels, do I use Providence as a healing skill or to boost my damage, when I use Holy Shield... I hope you enjoy! It was a lot of fun making them.

Now, in a duel your biggest asset is that you'll have a lot of crowd control spells! This will surprise almost anybody. Especially if you are able to fear them twice in a row (with summoner reincarnation skill). To start off with a blind and dot seems the right way to go in most situations, popping frenzy and start dealing damage, bubble can be used to not get interrupted. After, fear them, and hope they pop martyrs protection, fear again. Silence and at the end try to get 'Binding Light' on them. This is very helpful and can help you out a lot! After your cc-chain is over, you'll have to go on the defensive side and try healing yourself, 'Exorcism' will be up soon, try to survive and try to run around. Deal damage when you cc and hopefully you win the duel! Good Luck!

Another question you might have is: 'What weapon should I use as a Caster Healer?'
In PVP the best thing to use is a one-handed weapon, mace or spear that doesn't matter + a shield for more protection. You will have less mana but with some mana potions, balms and mirra you should be alright. One handed and shield is also what a Full Healer uses, so this is perfect for me when switching builds with greatness.
In PVE you will want to max out your mana so you'll be using a two-handed weapon, mace, spear or staff. I suggest going for a mace or spear if you ever want to play as a Melee Healer.
Choosing between one-handed or two-handed won't affect your damage.

As a PVP caster healer you will have a lot of skills. I find it important to have a good action bar to be able to use all of them as quickly as possible. In the picture you see how I arrange my action bar, maybe it's helpful. I myself am always curious to see how others place their skills.
What I find important is that you are able to quickly use your defensive skills. Alt-1 for Holy Shield and Alt-2 for Martyr's Protection. Ctrl-2 for balm. I have my mouse over the 7, 8, 9, 10 and Alt-7-8-9 to use my cc. Alt-6 I also got used to and am able to quickly use it whenever I see someone rushing to me.

(right side action bar -link )

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Healthefockr" (May 8th 2014, 2:22pm)

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 1:44pm

Tips & Tricks:
*Providence can be used to boost your damage but is also a very good healing skill!

*Precast Holy Healing before beginning a duel BUT when dueling a mage/bard, precast Divine Foresight BUT do not use it before the duel begins or in the beginning of a duel or they will take it away!

*Tensess' Shield is the best class skill you can use since you'll have a 50% healing boost when you're below 50% health with the Ray of hope rubies. Though do not forget you can also drain mana!

*Keep an eye on the enemy's willpower! When they break out of your cc don't try and use another immediately, they will be immune!

*Sacred Word is another amazing skill that people might not expect, an 8 second stun dealing damage! Though, keep your eye on the enemies' willpower that they don't break loose!

*when a warrior comes rushing to you, use Faith Boundaries to change to tide and to get on the offensive side instead of being pushed in defense/healing.

*Make sure you have enough mana potions and mirra when fighting a summy, you'll most likely run out of mana!

*Dueling a mage you need to save up either your martyr's protection or you Holy Shield for when they start casting Elemental Surge. You cannot let that hit you!

*A paladin can break out of fears with the kanian racial and become immune to another fear for 10 seconds! AND also save up your martyr's protection or Holy Shield when they cc you with Autodafe.

*Fighting a bard you should always pay attention to his Ballade. Keep in mind you'll have to use 2 cc's to actually have an effect AND after 'ballade' absorbs a cc, the bard get an extra stun skill.

*Do not cast Frenzy as soon as it's ready, combine it with a fear or blind so you won't get interrupted and you can make maximum use of it. Combining it with Providence is also a great combo!

*Learn from your mistakes and have fun!

Duels:
*Warrior
*Summoner

*Ranger
(more duels and vids should be out soon)

OUTRO

Playing Caster Healer is very challenging and might be hard to pick up for beginner healers, but it is also that much more rewarding!

I hope you learned something and I'd love hearing some feedback!

Thank You,

Healthefockr

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Healthefockr" (May 8th 2014, 2:09pm)

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 2:05pm

Shikei

Beginner

LOL srsly post my worst duel ever xD
Also why didn't you give credits to skulls and me? :D

PS : Nice PmB :P
TOTALLY NORMAL WARDEN

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 2:07pm

Credits to shiky for promising to help, but in the end doing nothing ? :D

PS: thank you ;)

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 2:17pm

Quoted

*Determination

upon receiving damage your damage output will
increase
It also increases your healing output

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 2:24pm

Quoted

Quoted
*Determination

upon receiving damage your damage output will
increase
It also increases your healing output

Did i not write that! ty for telling, i'll change the immediately :)

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 11:07pm

reeah19

Intermediate

no Blaze of faith? they're quite op rubies
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Friday, May 9th 2014, 11:00am

They are good indeed but this is PVP build not DPS so in my opinion less useful as others.

IF you do want them you could take 1 less Divine Instinct ruby, not take Light's Reach and -2 of Power of the Pure. Though taking away Power of the Pure also means a little less healing.

Again, this is my build, my playstyle, i would not take them though they are good rubies. If you'd have more rubies to spend you could go for them or either try get Light's Reach rank 2 or 3 for more slowdown.
Currently I'm trying 'Sacred Blessing' rubies and in PVP they can be really great IF it pops, i find it to be a nice bonus healing though (maybe i'm just unlucky) i find it to not pop that much as i'd like it to. (I took Sacred Blessing instead of Power of the Pure - though 9% more healing on Holy Healing is better than a chance on getting a little bonus - which is my personal opinion yet again :D)

Friday, May 9th 2014, 11:07am

They are good indeed but this is PVP build not DPS so in my opinion less useful as others.

IF you do want them you could take 1 less Divine Instinct ruby, not take Light's Reach and -2 of Power of the Pure. Though taking away Power of the Pure also means a little less healing.

Again, this is my build, my playstyle, i would not take them though they are good rubies. If you'd have more rubies to spend you could go for them or either try get Light's Reach rank 2 or 3 for more slowdown.
Currently I'm trying 'Sacred Blessing' rubies and in PVP they can be really great IF it pops, i find it to be a nice bonus healing though (maybe i'm just unlucky) i find it to not pop that much as i'd like it to. (I took Sacred Blessing instead of Power of the Pure - though 9% more healing on Holy Healing is better than a chance on getting a little bonus - which is my personal opinion yet again :D)
I agree regarding Blaze of Faith. They aren't that great in "normal" PvP in my opinion.

Your idea of dropping Power of the Pure if you were to get them seems wrong though. Power of the Pure is a flat increase to 90% of your skills, dropping this ever is just wrong, imo.

If I were to drop anything for Blaze of Faith it would be -2 Eternal Fire and -2 Deep Concentration.

Friday, May 9th 2014, 6:26pm

Quoted

I'm trying 'Sacred Blessing' rubies - though 9% more healing on Holy Healing is better than a chance on getting a little bonus

Quoted

Your idea of dropping Power of the Pure if you were to get them seems wrong though. Power of the Pure is a flat increase to 90% of your skills, dropping this ever is just wrong, imo.

--> yes indeed, just wanted to try out those rubies :)

Quoted

If I were to drop anything for Blaze of Faith it would be -2 Eternal Fire and -2 Deep Concentration.

I'd say Angelic Grace in stead of Deep Concentration then.