You are not logged in.

Sunday, September 30th 2018, 8:16am

Class rundowns?

Hey guys, im kinda new and im having a hard time figuring out how each class would play as you progress through the game. could someone just throw down a short list of what each class actually does later in the game?

Sunday, September 30th 2018, 12:47pm

Every class can fulfill the DPS-role for PVE and can somehow act as "killer" in PVP
aside from that, there are other "special" roles available aswell:

TANK

Warrior
Paladin
Scout
Demonologist

SUPPORT

Bard
Mechanic

CC (Crowdcontrol)

Psionicist
Sorcerer

HEALING

Healer
Necromancer
Warden

There are some more complex specs with special purposes but those are usually not relevant, if you really care for them i i
will list these seperately...

Sunday, September 30th 2018, 6:09pm

Thanks for the reply. Is CC a big thing in endgame content? Psionicist looks like a pretty cool class, is it sought after for groups at max level? Also I had no idea Scouts could rank, are they any good compared to the other tank classes?

Monday, October 1st 2018, 7:45am

actually what ppl search for does not matter as there are mercenaries anyway so even if you are a soloplayer like me you will have no problem
for the raid there is an autosearch

CC can be a big thing in PVP as it allows to almost permanently hinder a player from doing anything but i honestly have to add that this playstlye is satisfying only for few players - in CC - style you will rarely kill players and if the enemy team plays togther you will be focussed so if you are not though & protected by the healer you will maybe die fast

a little more on psi

-"normal" PVE spec ( i recommend this for PVE and PVP)
difference for PVE / PVP is that in PVE you distribute remaining stats -> determination / concentration and or bloodlust and in PVP you go brutality and caution / healthpoints

- "support" PVP spec (other style for PVP)
- "suppression" PVP spec (rarely used)

there are a bit more details for "finetuning" like you can go for more swiftness for faster repeating your CC skills and defensive skills which will make your dmg suffer or you can also go for more dmg as CC to be able to actually kill a non-healing class and so on... many possibilities :rolleyes:

i lik it most to just use fear / tk pull / tk push without anything else as small helpers to interrupt casting, these can be used in ANY spec (in CC state they las much longer)

maybe you want to search for "ALLODS PVP PSIONICIST", im sure there are videos showing what is possible :)

scout can tank and has some special benefits like not needing a shield and evading some dmg (+aswell for grp) which will reduce the heal needed but in the end paladin and warrior are the "best" tanks
in real situations, almost every tank will be good enough so no worries if there is a demonolog or scout tank - but in "normal" astral the mercenary "rowdy brow" will usually do the tanking - he is superior in taking and holding mobs with him :P

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Oct 1st 2018, 7:51am)

Monday, October 1st 2018, 9:34am

dragagon

Unregistered

scout can tank and has some special benefits like not needing a shield and evading some dmg (+aswell for grp) which will reduce the heal needed but in the end paladin and warrior are the "best" tanks
in real situations, almost every tank will be good enough so no worries if there is a demonolog or scout tank - but in "normal" astral the mercenary "rowdy brow" will usually do the tanking - he is superior in taking and holding mobs with him

I have to comment this that scout tank is the best tank, as for processing damage aswell offering utility to the group, superior above other tanks. The only reason Warrior would be above scout is the arsenal of perma cc'ing he can offer for heroics, but it's of no do when your party gets oneshot on certain tactics/attacks on high level heroics of which AOP knows nothing about - as he is a solo player.

Considering Rowdy, he actually is the worst tank because it is an npc, has no tanking skills or abilities. It's a pure meatshield with no shields or damage reductions for himself or the team, and he takes way too long to aoe aggro mobs when you're rushing (skipping packs to the bosses to mass aoe).