You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, October 15th 2018, 8:33pm

worst update ever, will make a lot of people quit lul

Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 7:46pm

Eddy

Intermediate

Russian p2p / leauge side / Ремпэйдж

Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 9:08pm

Quote from Ru:

"Recall that one of the important changes in the update is that any damage and any attack are avoidable . Regardless of the level of equipment, it is all your skill that decides. The numerical superiority of the enemy is only an indirect advantage, when playing for your class at a high level, this will not be an obstacle to your victory. The first thing to remember is the main thing - there are no aspects in Appendix 10.0 , and you are not tied to them. The whole set of skills determines the boundaries of talents , you are able to choose your style of play and follow it. "

This could actually be one hell of an update. I really hope I won't be disappointed.

Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 10:10pm

these changes are only for WARP (allods 2) not for classic allods so...
How does that work? A new server? Or an entirely new game? The graphics look exactly like our current Allods. Sadly I do not speak Russian.

Wednesday, October 17th 2018, 12:55am

""""""""""New class :"""""""""

https://allods.mail.ru/news.php?article=8695

really? is it really new?

i prefer old ones :rolleyes:

this should be a joke! we have no idea about that new game which is killing our game. we have not started it yet. not even any idea about "old" classes but a new class announced! hurray!!!

https://youtu.be/gkTb9GP9lVI

Myself

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jaxis" (Oct 17th 2018, 1:05am)

Wednesday, October 17th 2018, 5:01am

I dont know whats happening, but I am getting slowly excided. This could be actualy good, and I can see myself playing in the new WARP instead of original. I just wish there was more classes avaiable, but I guess we can expect them in the following upgrades.
Iam just worried about combat system, and hitboxes, and hitreg, cuz in such a games it might be pain in the ass that many companies deal with for years, and Allods devs are kinda new to this.

Wednesday, October 17th 2018, 8:45am

Eddy

Intermediate

After reading all those Russian comments, watching all those videos and everything... I didnt find any good info about all this thing. So we have to wait for their next stream, i hope they will explain everything there. Atm i know only that the warp is completly new game as i said few posts before. All these news atm are for WARP only. We still dont have any good info about (classic) Allods updates.

So why tehy are doing this?

1st reason is MONEY. Rmbr that, money...After reading all those shits, their problem is profit from classic allods, since a lot of players on ru are almost full cash shop, their income isnt that good at all... So they need something new to attract old and new players. Even if their plan is to decrease difference between players who are spending real money and those who are only farming. But ye gimme more money. :D

Warp (allods2 or w/e u call it) - Game in the Game

Its future, its new world, with new mobs, events, and everything. Project manager said, we all can go there through the portal if we want... Even if they said there will be 3 classes only, now we have 4. Ofc they will add more classes in future updates. So the best thing is to wait for PTS, cuz all these news can be changed easily.

Wednesday, October 17th 2018, 9:50am

dragagon

Unregistered

I hope PTS with EN client so the EU community would feel MORE WELCOME.

Wednesday, October 17th 2018, 2:03pm

PinkiePie

Beginner

Quoted

i heard it will have a graphics update. old computers will need to be replaced

Jup, we need Ultra Realistic Graphics!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N_0stXQy5w&t=9s

Wednesday, October 17th 2018, 4:16pm

The new Allods

To recollect everything of importance:

- With 10.0., it is currently planned that Allods will get a soft reboot. There will be a new Allods Online, but it will kind of "co-exist" with the current Allods.
- Classic characters can play this new version of Allods by using some sort of "time portal" and travelling 150 years into the future.
- The game will utilize a new client, despite this connection between classic and new.
- There will be only four classes to start with: Warrior, Ranger, Mage, and a new Warlock/Summoner class.
- Apparently, there will be only three races to start with. (Humans, Elves, Orcs)
- You will likely have to switch race and/or class to fit this when travelling through the time portal.
- There will be a new levelling system, related to the current spark levels, so if you transfer over, your normal level has no/little meaning.
- There will be no more holy magic. Only the summoner class can resurrect you if you die in combat. This likely means all of the following will vanish: Patronage (including Patronage skills), Purgatory/Myrrh, and Runes. There will be no more priests or paladins.
- Instead, you have to rely on a belt that can carry healing potions. Better belts can hold more/larger potions, and not only for healing.
- There will be a new, skill-based combat system. You can now dodge out of the way, or actively block damage with weapons and skills.
- There will be no more tab-targeting, or it won't matter as much as in the current game.
- The gear system will change, certain types of gear will now have certain passives that influence gameplay. (e.g. earrings --> magic dmg resistance)
- There will be a massive new zone, the starting point of the new story. It will hold Vyshegrad (?), a capital for humans, elves and orcs, and LOTS of explorable area outside the city walls. There also is a system of hidden catacombs beneath the island, which will probably be part of the new "endgame".
- The zone will not feel like a classic Allods zone, it's instead somewhat similar to Guild Wars 2 zones. There is lots of exploration, and a dynamic event system. You can choose to participate and get rewards based on participation. You do not have to group up to get those rewards.
- There will be updated graphics for the reboot, likely in the same graphic style, but more crisp, defined and shiny than what we currently have.

Overall, this sounds like Allods Team is trying to brave the modern market by changing AO to something that is more in line with Guild Wars 2 and The Elder Scrolls Online, while retaining the same world, continuity, style, and atmosphere.

It is not currently known what sort of updates classic Allods will receive, but the project manager stated that they won't abandon it for the sake of the new version.

Additionally, some LORE to explain what happens to Sarnaut between now and the future version:

- The factions kind of "fall apart". Elves refuse to join in any more military efforts, Gibberlings choose to leave peacefully in their thawing homelands. On the Empire side, an ancient Orc leader returns and leads the clans into independence, much to the dismay of the Empire.
- Thus, the age-old war between League and Empire ultimately ends after a series of ceasefires inspired by those events.
- A ship expedition is organized to explore what lies outside Sarnaut and the Astral space. Soon contact with the crew is lost.
- The ship returns, carrying a hidden seed of destruction. It crashes over Dane(?) and releases a Great Darkness that slowly envelops the Allods and devours the Astral space. The Great Mages manage to delay this, but only for a time.
- The player character canonically vanishes from Sarnaut after trying to investigate Dane. The Great Mages start to vanish as well.
- It turns out that the Darkness is of Nihaz' making. It is his long-prepared revenge on the inhabitants of Sarnaut.
- A new war begins between creatures of the Great Darkness and the residents of Sarnaut. At the peak of the war, all Sarnautians lose their gift of immortality. Death is now final.
- The result is a devastating decimation of the populace. Panic ensues, plans are made to escape the Great Darkness. The remaining Great Mages Nayan, Smeyana (Catherina), and Nefer Ur oversee the construction of massive arks while the Darkness expands.
- The arks travel through the Astral space on the desperate search for sanctuary.

- They find it, a massive, lush Allod at the very edge of the world, and found a new capital there, Vyshegrad (?).

- 7 years later, the story of the "new Allods" begins. It is 150 years in the future of current Allods.

Addendum: A final battle takes place on Kvatokh, the main continent of the League (where Novograd currently lies). In a desperate feat, the Orc leader manages to plunge the entire Allod into a time loop. Astral and the Great Darkness cannot claim Kvatokh now.

It is currently unclear to me whether Kvatoch IS the sanctuary Allod or not. Maybe someone else can clear that up. They look kind of similar.

MY THOUGHTS:

It all sounds very interesting. I know that many will not like these changes, but I do not think they are a bad idea. They are actually quite obvious if you take a look at the market and recognize what makes a "modern MMO". GW2 and ESO are two very popular games with a massive playerbase, and learning from them is objectively not that stupid. It also sounds like the new Allods will be a lot more skill-based, which implies less P2W. The articles explicitly mentions that there will be no more massive damage gap between a noob and a fully geared player.

It comes down to marketing, though. If no one realizes the reboot is there, no one will come and try it.

What are your thoughts? :thumbsup: Also, please correct me if I got something wrong! Here is also a teaser for the update.

#mce_temp_url#

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Artakha" (Oct 17th 2018, 6:05pm) with the following reason: Made some slight additions.

Wednesday, October 17th 2018, 5:35pm

Eddy

Intermediate

Artakha those are already posted news on official site. But u got 1 thing wrong, no1 said that they will stop updating classic allods. Even project manager said that they wont leave classic allods just like that. So that all depend on players and many other things.

Wednesday, October 17th 2018, 6:02pm

Artakha those are already posted news on official site. But u got 1 thing wrong, no1 said that they will stop updating classic allods. Even project manager said that they wont leave classic allods just like that. So that all depend on players and many other things.

Yes, I know, but I wanted to gather all the stuff in one response for those who don't speak Russian / are too lazy to use a translator.

Also for myself, for reference.

That's good to know, I'll correct it, thanks! :thumbup:

Thursday, October 18th 2018, 11:31pm

Interesting. Looked this game up again after years and saw this.

When is this 10.0 update approximately scheduled to arrive?
Formerly "Rezardi"

Friday, October 19th 2018, 3:11am

Interesting. Looked this game up again after years and saw this.

When is this 10.0 update approximately scheduled to arrive?
Seeing as the Russians will apparently get the update in November (or maybe December), we will probably get it about two to three months later, between January and March is my guess. However, the recent developer Q&A mentions that the wait will be longer than usual because the update is also bigger than usual.

Which makes sense, if we consider these massive changes.

Friday, October 19th 2018, 5:05pm

I get you.

At least ship travel to islands will come back.

Friday, October 19th 2018, 8:14pm

Well, the hype is over. The combat looks like absolute sh*t ...

Friday, October 19th 2018, 8:44pm

Was it shown on today's livestream, or somewhere else? I missed it.

Friday, October 19th 2018, 9:10pm

Eddy

Intermediate

Was it shown on today's livestream, or somewhere else? I missed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5JPl8WBJLQ

Sunday, October 21st 2018, 6:02pm

I wish classes had bigger variety of skills to choose from so we could build our dream character. This looks more linear than anything we had b4.
This witcher character is fully focused on some sort of dark magic. I wish he had access to elements, astral, vampirism, and melee also, with many kinds of shields and blocks and survival skills etc so player can mix it up, or focus on evading attacks, or big strong attacks, or something of everything while not excelling in anything. U know what i mean.

Same pays for hunter with huge variety of survival, assassin, range, acrobatics, stealth. Or for warrior, again, with acrobatics, shield based skills, brute or tactical skills, access to light (palla).

This video is indeed interesting, but I worry that it will get boring fast if we are unable to build in our own way. Rly fast.

This is all I missed in latest version of Allods - we are unable to build our own character according to our wish, cuz devs lined it up for us.

Monday, October 22nd 2018, 12:14am

I wish classes had bigger variety of skills to choose from so we could build our dream character. This looks more linear than anything we had b4.
This witcher character is fully focused on some sort of dark magic. I wish he had access to elements, astral, vampirism, and melee also, with many kinds of shields and blocks and survival skills etc so player can mix it up, or focus on evading attacks, or big strong attacks, or something of everything while not excelling in anything. U know what i mean.

Same pays for hunter with huge variety of survival, assassin, range, acrobatics, stealth. Or for warrior, again, with acrobatics, shield based skills, brute or tactical skills, access to light (palla).

This video is indeed interesting, but I worry that it will get boring fast if we are unable to build in our own way. Rly fast.

This is all I missed in latest version of Allods - we are unable to build our own character according to our wish, cuz devs lined it up for us.

It certainly looks simplified and awkward somehow, even though I understood nothing of the stream.

It reminds me of TSW Legends. I don't know. Will have to try out for myself.

Rate this thread