You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, October 22nd 2018, 8:01pm

dragagon

Unregistered

[BUG REPORT] Immobilizing mobs = RIP melee

Hello support,
I'd like to report this bug from patch notes 9.0: source.
Where it states the following:

It's now wayyyyy past 9.0, and this actual "bug" has NEVER been fixed.
When applying immobilize as a scout tank by doing frost charms > steel rose, the mobs STILL attack whoever is nearby depending on range, not on aggro.
Excluding melee class players from running heroics seems very sick minded to me so here's my report that this is still bugged and it's game-breaking in content where deaths are VITAL in how far you can get!

Thanks in advance.

Monday, October 22nd 2018, 9:18pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

Frost charm + Steel rose only snares tho, Rubie says Immobalize but it only snares, Rubie has wrong Discription. If ur Melee stand Behind mobs for Cleaves to not hit :S
I am PioPico

Tuesday, October 23rd 2018, 12:33am

dragagon

Unregistered

What's the difference between immobilize and snare? D:
I'm aware of the frontal cleave attacks but to explain this further, try frost charm > steel rose on the squirrels as tank while there is a melee dps between them, then move away as tank. Or blood feast as summoner, or Nature's Gip from druid that gives 30% more heal but has a ruby where it also immobilizes enemies, it's all dead to melee players.
Same for lion boss.

Tuesday, October 23rd 2018, 1:14am

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

Snare , u can still hit ppl in ur atk range or do the cleaves it normaly does :S Immobilize u cant do anything period.
I am PioPico

Wednesday, October 24th 2018, 12:08am

dragagon

Unregistered

Here's a video I made to make clear what I meant.
Not sure how more I can explain it.
You can tell this is bugged because I know exactly how to reproduce it(?)
Also the cc we speak about is described as "binding", basically snare like pio meant.

Wednesday, October 24th 2018, 8:18am

If it is not written in bug report that description is wrong skill should work as described in tool tip imho.

Snare affects movement speed only (which is better imho), immobilize makes target simply unable to move- in some games it was actually worse because affected mob switched immediately to ranged attack instead of chasing it's target.

If I recall well all classes who had no sleep type control effect received one. It usually has cast time of 5sec at rank 1 and information that it will break if affected target gets a hit when under 90% of hp.

To summarize if You use immobilization type cc on mob, AI script might switch to less powerful ranged attack and also ignore aggro generated by tank and select nearest target. The result is wipe of melee class in range:)

Wednesday, October 24th 2018, 9:02am

dragagon

Unregistered

Okay... then what exactly has been fixed in 9.0?

Thursday, October 25th 2018, 5:45am

Snare , u can still hit ppl in ur atk range or do the cleaves it normaly does :S Immobilize u cant do anything period.
You're mistaken. Snaring is just one form of immobilisation. "Immobilise", as the word suggests, removes the targets mobility, meaning it cannot move but can still cast. "Stun" stops all action, "silence" leaves mobility but stops casting, and repositioning skills force the target to move (i.e, push, pull, knockback) and often have a stun attached, normally in the form of a knockdown.

Rate this thread