You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 3rd 2018, 4:06pm

erkoftw

Beginner

• "erkoftw" started this thread

New player - Alot of questions

Returning player - alot of questions.

Hi! Me & my friend recently came back to this game after... 6-7 years since we played last time.
We simply want to feel the nostalgia of the game we played back in school.

If someone would like to answer one or more questions below we would be really glad.

1. What is the biggest difference between P2P & F2P? (Gameplay, World, Population, Possibilities)
2. What is the monthly fee to play on the P2P server? In EUR please.
3. Does mounts, cash-shop etc exist in the F2P server?
4. What is the max level on the servers?
5. Does raids, dungeons exist?
6. What would be a great DUO(2 player) combo to play? (Classes)
7. How is the population on F2P server?
8. How is the PvP? Arena? Open world? I dont remember how it was back in the days.
9. I remember when me & my friends played back in the days - and there was a patch that made all monsters so strong that we coulnd't even kill them, and people started to talk about Pay to win concept and we quit the game...
Does anyone else remember that monsters were to strong? Atleast me & my 3 friends remember this, but I dont think it was MYgames that had the game back then? Gpotato?
10. Runes/crystals..pay to win.... I see alot on the forums about this, can someone explain simple why everything seems to be pay to win?

Thanks alot!!

[list][/list]

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "erkoftw" (Dec 4th 2018, 4:46pm)

Monday, December 3rd 2018, 4:29pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

They merged recently so no
I am PioPico

Monday, December 3rd 2018, 7:07pm

Hello,

As Rayofsshadow answered, there are now 2 servers
- Evolution, the F2P - free access server, that reunited New Frontier and Equilibrium a couple of weeks ago
- Smugglers Paradise, the P2P - subscription server https://allods.my.com/en/subscription
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Tuesday, December 4th 2018, 3:52pm

erkoftw

Beginner

• "erkoftw" started this thread

Returning player - alot of questions.

Hi! Me & my friend recently came back to this game after... 6-7 years since we played last time.
We simply want to feel the nostalgia of the game we played back in school.

If someone would like to answer one or more questions below we would be really glad.

1. What is the biggest difference between P2P & F2P? (Gameplay, World, Population, Possibilities)
8. How is the PvP? Arena? Open world? I dont remember how it was back in the days.
9. I remember when me & my friends played back in the days - and there was a patch that made all monsters so strong that we coulnd't even kill them, and people started to talk about Pay to win concept and we quit the game...
Does anyone else remember that monsters were to strong? Atleast me & my 3 friends remember this, but I dont think it was MYgames that had the game back then? Gpotato?
10. Runes/crystals..pay to win.... I see alot on the forums about this, can someone explain simple why everything seems to be pay to win?

Thanks alot!!

Tuesday, December 4th 2018, 5:46pm

Hello,

3. Do mounts, cash-shop etc exist in the F2P server?
The biggest difference is that there is no ingame boutique (cash shop) on the subscription server (P2P) (that answers your second question)

Quoted

https://allods.my.com/en/subscription
Playing on the subscription server grants you full access to the Allods Online universe, Sarnaut. All subscription players are under equal conditions, no matter which period of subscription has been paid for. There is no Boutique on the server, so no extra items that give advantage can be purchased.
Although you can buy some cosmetics items through the Allods Shop here: https://allods.my.com/en/shop

About mounts, yes, of course, there are mounts on the F2P server. There are free mounts (through seasonal events) or buying mounts (through promotional events, or the ingame boutique).

5. Do raids, dungeons exist?
80 and yes

You can see the subscription prices here: https://allods.my.com/en/subscription
You can buy Crystals in bundles here: https://allods.my.com/en/billing
180 days of subscription time is less than 20€

9. I remember when me & my friends played back in the days - and there was a patch that made all monsters so strong that we couldn't even kill them, and people started to talk about Pay to win concept and we quit the game...
Does anyone else remember that monsters were to strong? At least me & my 3 friends remember this, but I dont think it was MYgames that had the game back then? Gpotato?

It was 8 years ago, developers modified the game a lot since then.
There are numerous ways to get stronger in Allods Online, and if you choose the P2P server, Smugglers Paradise, you won't be bothered by the level of your patronage or runes, compared to other players, as everyone is the same on this server (except for their gear).

If you choose Evolution, there is a premium system and artefacts that let you get some of the most useful items for a lower price:
https://allods.my.com/en/news/announcements/premium-system
https://allods.my.com/en/news/sales/new-…timed-artefacts

You can exchange Crystals for Gold to a special NPC ingame, next to the Auction NPCs.

Please note that the premium system reset on the 25th of each month.

Quoted

You Premium status is reset on day 25 of each month. This is when all temporary premium items expire (not in 30 days, but on day 25 of each month!). After that, your Premium bar starts filling all over again.

Population on Evolution (F2P) is quite good. There are a little less players on Smugglers Paradise (P2P) and they are mostly on the League side, but some players are recruiting on the Empire side too (check the Smugglers Paradise sub section).
You'll mostly see other players when you'll reach one of the two capitals (Novograd and Nezebgred/Yasker tower) depending on your faction.

Welcome back to Allods, try it out yourself, it's free on Evolution, and it's the best way to make your own opinion about the game ;).
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 2:08am

dragagon

Unregistered

it's free on Evolution, and it's the best way to make your own opinion about the game .

With all respect, gladia, I disagree. being proven in the past, new/returning players trying f2p makes them disgust the amount of p2w is in this game, and don't even bother checking p2p, quitting instantly and losing population/players within a week. You might hold them for the questing part as everyone says u don't need CS for that, true. But mmorpgs are longterm playgrounds and you should think ahead. Want to play longterm, then I strongly suggest doing your trial on p2p.

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 8:40am

1. In my opinion

f2p = lovv population
(most in end 80lv cap) but inaf for content game offer, you vvill have inaf guilds and players to not feel empty in end game, also bg pop vvery often and in astral activviti you have big chance to get any another player in to your team

p2p= dead population
vvitchout guild you not exist, it's rare to spot someone random in your astral adventures, or join to raid as random person for eazy obs
thers 3,5 guilds you can join 2,5 in leauge and one in empire
after you joining one of that guilds you vvill have another 14-20ppl you vvill can play vvith or force bg/jc to pop as guild
as guildmembr you vvill have no hard problem to find players you vvill vvant to do hard content, p2p players are able to do Normal and some Hard boss in hight lv dungeon, same vvith lv 7-10 heroic

so

p2p
+Thanks you need play vvith your guildmates and plan vvhat activitis you vvant force to pop, thers more friendly atmospher/connection in guild compare to f2p, also it's ezier to find players plaing on your lv becose cash shop gape not exist, + in bg you don't die that fast, so your gameplay experience can be better then in f2p
-Feels empty
f2p
+More ppl to play vvith, and more healthy economy in auction house
-it's harder to find players to vvant do harder content vvith you
- cash shop can be not frienly for nevv players

2. you have 3 options to get sub

a) change gold to bc, and buy sub for it = 0 euro

b) pay 10 euro for optimal 3 months sub + farm 50bc in f2p

c) buy collector edition, so if you played f2p, you can test did p2p is better option for you

last option is buy collector editons, so you vvill get sub time as vvell , thats that you can test is p2p is better option for you then f2p

3. Yes

Mounts :
Tier 1 -> farmable mount -> on 30lv you can farm coins, in snovv isle (during vvinter) you can get 1 mount vvho have good speed, and also give you some movment speed after dissmount
During Hot holidays you can farm for 3 mounts : horse, vvolf, and best one gryphone, thay are fast too, also gryphone have ability to jump forvvard some yards

Comparing to mounts for bc thay are good quality, and vvill have inaf speed/health to provid you from poin a to b
Gap betvven Tier 1-2 is not much

Tier 2 -> Mounts for bc
you can get them by lovv donation vvith cristals/ or by farming gold in end game
bc base is 600-2k
That mounts have little more survability and speed, also sometimes having fun special ability charge/jump/stun but vvith long cd
some mounts for bc can have tier one, despend hovv many bc mount cost/ vvhat benefit it give you

Tier 3 -> Mounts for prophetic cards or loot from box
that type of mounts vvho are tier 2 but also have good ability like + 30% shield for 10sek after you dismount or +35% aoe shield for 15sek for all your team close to you
or puting some vvounds to your enemy+kock and curage buff for you and your team after dismount
also are much faster then basic tier 1-2 mounts and sometimes have x2 more hp then them

Tier 4 -> old battle mounts
Old battle mounts vvith speed/hp vvith tier 2-3 mounts, but have strong ability like blink vvith lovv cd/ ability to charge or drag 1 of enemy vvith you/ aoe imobilization for 5sek, or ability to make you full invasible for long time
also got ability to dismount tier 1-3 mounts by some shoots
Rare to get novv

Tier 5 -> Battle mounts
Thay are most expensive mounts vvho can cost 2-5k bc, thay provind you hight movment, and ability to dismount some lovv tiear mounts just be shot to them vvith laser vvho do some dmg, or vvith 3-5 shots lvl tvvo tier mounts
Also that mounts are healty inaf to get on face 2-3 shots from spells before someone dismount you
Also have movment/cc imunity vvhen your on them

d) Beginers Mounts
That Mounts are are temporary tier 1-2, vvho you get from follover box evry 5-10lv (not remember execly) vvhen you starting your game
Also some time ago nevv player culd get free lv6 rank mount tier 2 (prob it vvill back in begining in 10.0 patch)

4. 80lv+200lv spark lv (evry lv after 80 give you rubys in Spark tree, you can spend them for some stats/bonus in end game)

5. Yes in endgame you have one dungeons vvher is 4 boss and thay change evry 1 vveek (togheter is 12 boss right novv, in 10.0 vvill be 16)
Also you can do solo-duo old raids for some nice costumes

6. hmh

For islands/heroics/obs
Tank+Healer
Support+Healer

That roles making big impact in your gameplay, knovving vvhat your Tank/Sup/Healer planing to do, make your strong rly op

for ai-rihat/koe/distroctions
dps+support

Are you plaid Leauge of legends on bot lane?
Sup = i have lovv dmg, so dps make his job to clear mobs, tanking mobs for me
dps= Sup shield me/little heal/ stun for me/ and buff my dmg making me rly tanky and making posible to dps 5-10 mobs vvitchout die so i kill mobs faster,eazier and i feel more save, vvhats better then that ?

Ther's 2 types of support

Defensive support -> Engineer and Bard -> provide you perm +40%dmg buff 420 bloodlost and shield you vvith thay special abilites sometimes, also have 3-5 stuns and some offheal ( medical emergency for engineer, acustic barrier for bard), thay have 1/6 dmg vvhat dps do

Battle support -> cleric/druid/summoner/mage/psio/vvarrior tank foucsed on debuffs/stuns -> insted of buff you, thay debuff enemy by apply on them slovvdovvn(enemy move 50-80% less/Vulabirty ( +25-30% dmg)/ VVeaknes (enemy do -40% dmg to you)
Thay debuffs not vvork or medium mob or boss, and debbufs are not that offten comparing to perm bard/engi buffs

Druid,Summoner, Cleric give you some shield vvho decrest your dmg taking and heal you for highter about then bard or engi
Mage/Psio/VVarrior tank, apply debuffs more ofthen but can't shield you much
also
Battle support dmg is 1/2 of normal dps

7. Small compare to another games, but big for play and not feel empty

8. From my experience it's starts 14:00 to 19:00 time vvhen ppl back from job/school

9. Despend vvhat type of player you are

a) you player vvho vvant be strong instanty from start, yes it's p2vv or p2boost for you

b) your player vvho enjoy grind farm and like play long time game, it's f2p for you, cuz you have alvvays a vvay you can invest your time spending to improve your character, and ther is option to change your gold to bc, i accept fact i vvill be vveak from start, but vvill get stronger tought of time of my play

cash shop is only need if your chalanging typ of player, vvith vvill of be on top, and do most dificulity content or pvp

game is nice balanced in term of cash shop for casual players in f2p

in pve, cash shop player more benefit you in raids/islands adventures
in pvp, in battlegrouns you have same chance to get cash shop player on your team vvho carry you
in pvp dominium, you geting similar enemys on your lv despending vvhat position your guild is, if your guild have small rank in domi, you getings opponents vvith lovv guild rank too, if you vvin to many fights, you as guild vvill get harder enemys to deal vvith, if you get rekt, you vvill back to lovv lv tier of domi too
in ship pvp cash shop items not benefit you much, only 1 more shoot vvith cannon or 15% more hp also back 2 cannons, but in pvp ship more is battle experience needed, cuz even if you have good ship, you vvill be duck to another if you can't fight

10. Again, despend from vvhat point you looking

if you chalangin player vvith vvill to be top it vvill be p2vv for you
if your farming player, you have navv points to farm for, invest your game time
if your cash player, you have more toys to play vvith

on p2p you have no p2vv items, but also you have no much posibilitys to spend your gold, so after some time plaing on p2p you can ask yourself? vvhy i farm gold (play) ther, for some only pvp can be fun, for some only pve apspect and farming, for some vvho not have time to farm, vvill like more to pay

Thats hovv it vvork

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 9:08am

for gameplay id say p2p will win since this is almost a balanced server, for population f2p got more people than p2p

someone should already told you that since i dont know the answer

yes they do, if you want to buy a battle mount that blinks every 2 secs (btw battle mounts are the best kind of mounts that one should invest for, really worth it) check the news section of the website and look for the recent collector's edition because the collector edition that you can found on the page is not updated, on that collectors edition you will get a coupon named kelpie: lightning bolt that cost 3k premium crystal, theres also another 3k coupon but thats a clickbait since kelpie is much better since you can mimic appearance of your other mounts

80 there was a freebies for newly created character before that includes instantly level ups your character to level 75 but they removed it already, also bunch of cash shop items like level 6 runes x6 epic earing slot, etc. so you were too late

yes but for raids some people already done it so you will have a hard time looking for a decent raid to complete it and some also dont have it but most of them dont know that these raids exist or dont have much time.

for me always have a healer on your side and the best healer at the moment is warden
for the other one id say a tank but dont worry once you get level 80 theres a quest that can give a 2nd build so you can switch builds (from tank to dps vice versa) from time to time

id say theres a time peak for it like 19:00 and beyond server time and also during weekends, also they lowered down the starting number of players in battlegrounds so it pops every 1sec to 3mins

in f2p is very unfair, if you want to become good in pvp you have to invest and master all the classes but WARNING! in battlegrounds, dominion or any open pvp areas, there are a lot of people who got FULL CS items already and they can instantly 1 shot you also there are players who use macros (macro is like a software that automatically uses some skills without pressing on them, this is convenient because some skills with low cd, mostly buffs, will be automatically pressed so that you can focus on your combo skills). also you have to learn about on how to use addons, you can google them or search on youtube on how to install/use them.

you need to have average cs items, like those freebies before, so that you will have an ease on doing quests and astral dungeons

i dont even know where to start, just everything dude pve and pvp, on pve if its ok with you to have low damage while others do x10 or more, if not then you have to pay like huge amount since you are a returnee.

in summary
this game is not a newbie/returnee friendly because there are no guides, or even a returning player gifts and they even removed the starter pack which is huge for newbies and returnees. if you asked about the game most people who are active on this forum will sugar coat their opinion about the game. some newbies/returnees i met (since i own a leveling guild) quit after a week and some still figuring out how to enjoy the game. i gladly help people but the problem is i dont have much time to explain or show what to do since i have to farm to compensate on how p2w the game is.

the game is still playable for me as a veteran even it is a p2w and lot of full cs players and cheaters. if you really willing to play again better search the guides on russian forum, youtube etc but good luck finding the updated one.

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 1:53pm

cheaters

there are no cheats in allods as all relevant informations are serversided...
things like "aimbot" / "esp" and whatever are normal addons in this game

for a comparison of free vs paid version look at this thread (a bit outdated but many things are still relevant)
http://allods.my.com/forum/index.php?pag…d&threadID=7017

paymentserver is a bit like a limited shareware version of the game as several things are not available and free version has a lot of things to get which feels (too) much effort for some players
also it has serious population issues according to many players who are playing there, reports are like "noone around" and so on
you can make youself a picture and see, every new char gets 1 week free time on this server

game is no "pay to win" game as there is a currency-exchange so a free player can convert gold to blue crystals, the currency a donator gets
i successfully did this myself and ended up gaining all "things that matter" and more just by playing

keep in mind this game has whiners and losers aswell, these tend to blame the itemshop for their lack of performance / skill / knowledge ;)

for those who want to be "top", be aware that this game requires TIME, PATIENCE and some PASSION
if you lack these, chances are, you wont get happy on either server

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 12:30am

Pretty much everything on your list is irrelevant, can you please update your list of pros and cons or stop giving ill advise to newcomers?

Anyway, as a player who came back in September to the game, I'd strongly advise to not go to the f2p server right away. I did though thanks to my previous poster posts on this forum and I was this close to quit again and miss on the good experience that is allods online. He prones time, patience and passion are required to play f2p yet he state that he's unwilling to do a single raid to get a bag on P2P.

Try the P2P , don't shy away and ask people for help - tips in game everyone is so incredibly kind and helpful. Empire or league either side has fantastic players that I'm sure would be willing to help you. Feel free to pm me in game or on the official discord for anything, I'd be glad to help .