You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, February 21st 2019, 4:27pm

Lisad

Professional

• "Lisad" started this thread

10.0 «Destination Horizon» Update

Allods Online is awaiting its 10.0 anniversary «Destination Horizon» update which promises to be one of the best! Learn the destiny of the ones who sirvived Sarnaut's defeat to Nihaz' Darkness, and dive deep into the atmospehere of an unknown and dangerous continent.
«Destination Horizon» introduces three new classes, graphic improvements, PvP and PvE equipment, and various new activities to participate in.

Read the whole article here!
Regards,
Allods Online Administration

Thursday, February 21st 2019, 6:39pm

machopi

Beginner

Promises to be the best, eh? Let's see how many people will flip their lids when they see the action style targeting.

Thursday, February 21st 2019, 11:46pm

finally some news, yah we'll see how ppl react to the combat system, either way im hyped for new allods content. when is classic allods patch news gonna come, Lisad? ^^ 8o

------------Free to Join, Free to use.------------
Discord | Allods Community Server (Hub)
"A place to hangout, share experiences, share adventures & meet your fellow Sarnaut players"

Friday, February 22nd 2019, 11:28am

Action style targeting (play style too?) is something that actually worries me.I prefer turn based system personally but for obvious reasons You can't have this in online game (imagine mass PvP with each player taking turns...).

I'm considering myself not an average type of player and if game no longer meets my criteria of fun (for example this is not linear, simplified character design system) I will simply stop playing permanently by deleting my account- and I think I'll do the same for other MMOs I have played before which have no hope of changing into better from my point of view.

To summarize 10.0 update will be a Judgment Day for Allods in my case but I bet Developers are well aware that it is like that not only for me.

For now I'm going to patiently wait and see what we will get when the 10.0 update is introduced.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sideer" (Feb 22nd 2019, 3:04pm)

Friday, February 22nd 2019, 1:46pm

Wait, why did you delete my comment that had links to the russian forum lol I put info about classes and equipment and what u do is delete? XD u serious?

Friday, February 22nd 2019, 2:43pm

Quoted

Action style targeting (play style too?) is something that actually worries me.I prefer turn based system personally but for obvious reasons You can't have this in online game (imagine mass PvP with each player taking turns...).

it can be fun in pve, cuz better you play more hp you have at end of day, in pvp ther vvill be max 6vs6, mobs and players have big cube hitbox, you can target 1cm from player and still hit, but i'm more interested how this system will work vs laggers,
whos hit is more "favorized" player who saw on his srean he hited enemy or player whos noticed hit on himself, or by server

About turns, i can disagree, evry skill you pres take 1-2s turn, and you can skip your turn not presing anythink, it's importent whos round you use pot of greed (stun) or dmg reduction, the more enemy deck you know, more dmg you can stop or negate, same you can notice when enemy use his def skill (science most class have 30-60% dmg reduction skill or another alternative) to keep your strongest skills and use for exemple invasibility to vvait until enemy def skill end

Quoted

I'm considering myself not an average type of player and if game no longer meets my criteria of fun (for example linear, simplified character design system) I will simply stop playing permanently by deleting my account- and I think I'll do the same for other MMOs I have played before which have no hope of changing into better from my point of view.

thay already made somethink like free 5 runes, 6 star mount and etc for nevv players in 9.0 patch prob in 10.0 thay will do same, if not you still can buy rental items, that system was specialy made for throwing culture players who will spend some monay and then go to diferent game, so thay are securet by this option you mentioned

Quoted

To summarize 10.0 update will be a Judgment Day for Allods in my case but I bet Developers are well aware that it is like that not only for me.

Na it's prob only You

for many players Judgment Day was before 7.0 patch when thay started adding armor shells +orage scrols, and new fatality skills, fired gm in games and started crosing 4 free to play servers in to one finance to play server

The one who stayed for that long are ppl from big class of donators or medium farming industry businessmans, eventualy some losen Aries
Also you can notice communism players but thay are in another village

so ppl you mentioned was go 2-3y ago, same you can notice alot of new players in all leveling zones or in ashe-teph :thumbup:

Quoted

For now I'm going to patiently wait and see what we will get when the 10.0 update is introduced.

i respect for your patience sir

Quoted

Wait, why did you delete my comment that had links to the russian forum lol I put info about classes and equipment and what u do is delete? XD u serious?

Yes informations you provided can be miscommunicating cuz of patch difference or hotfixes or bad google translation

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Noah1" (Feb 22nd 2019, 2:57pm)

Friday, February 22nd 2019, 3:10pm

By "not average type of player" I meant that I belong to the group of players that can have fun even in text based MMO so even if my character was represented by @ (guess what game it was) I would still have fun IF the content was right (character development, pve activities etc).

Friday, February 22nd 2019, 6:28pm

Hello,

Wait, why did you delete my comment that had links to the Russian forum lol I put info about classes and equipment and what u do is delete? XD u serious?

RU news and information (in Russian or translated from Russian) don't belong to the official NA/EU announcements (Noah explained why).
You'll find your message here where it was moved.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Friday, February 22nd 2019, 11:35pm

It is a different stand alone game that has nothing to do with allods but the story and visuals.
It does not influence our current allods in any way.
I don't see how that's judgement day?

Saturday, February 23rd 2019, 6:29am

this game which is coming with 10.0 patch is not an allods clone game. this is a skyforge clone game in allods graphics.
bind this game with skyforge. skyforge is already dead but allods is not bad at all yet.
you are trying to turn a game that hasn't died yet into a dead game.

mail.ru/my.com will go bankrupt in gaming industry :rolleyes:

Myself

Monday, February 25th 2019, 10:41am

Pochtron

Intermediate

By "not average type of player" I meant that I belong to the group of players that can have fun even in text based MMO so even if my character was represented by @ (guess what game it was) I would still have fun IF the content was right (character development, pve activities etc).

Found the Amulet of Yendor yet ? :)

Wednesday, February 27th 2019, 8:52pm

Found the Amulet of Yendor yet ?
That's Nethack if I recall well. I had ADOM on my mind. VERY unforgiving game. I remember dying a lot out of hunger (out of rations) after which I've decided to play as a farmer (carrying weight, ability to make rations on Your own), then when I was thinking I'm ok I hit that # thing which wiped the floor with my poor char. Just to make things clear death was permanent there- yes that's correct, die once and Your char is gone forever...

I'm calling 10.0 judgment day due to expected serious changes we are supposed to get. There are some things I can live with and other things that ruin all the fun from playing.

Thursday, February 28th 2019, 2:19am

anyone have any ideas as to when patch 10.0 will go live?
Goldberger - League Scout
Ginsberger - Imperial Warden

Thursday, February 28th 2019, 9:16am

Pochtron

Intermediate

Found the Amulet of Yendor yet ?
That's Nethack if I recall well. I had ADOM on my mind. VERY unforgiving game. I remember dying a lot out of hunger (out of rations) after which I've decided to play as a farmer (carrying weight, ability to make rations on Your own), then when I was thinking I'm ok I hit that # thing which wiped the floor with my poor char. Just to make things clear death was permanent there- yes that's correct, die once and Your char is gone forever...

Yep you're right, I was thinking of nethack. Don't know ADOM at all, but what I read from it makes me wanna give it a try :) Both of them are very hard and unforgiving games and appeal to a certain kind of players.

It's very different from Allods which went down the easy and 'no-thinking-required' route so many games are taking to provide instant gratification and rewards because too many players don't want to spend time and effort anymore to achieve something. Like only for leveling, explain what the 4 days quest in kirah or the whole reincarnation process was back then and there will prolly be some jaws falling on the floor. Or the Xp farm in coba. And builds were free to make what you want without guidance, from utter waste to pure genious builds. And all the stats we had :)
I mean it was way more than a rune / gear check like there were (still are ?) in raids. You actually had to know what you're doing, be persisent and do things for weeks or months to reach your goal (the bank paper quest, the ruby with the all the different stones, the first blue tear quest, etc.). It just sorted the players out and swept away those who don't have the taste for efforts and sense of achievement that go with it. Now you can be 75 in 1 day and distribute your stats randomly, system prevents too much difference between builds. Much yay.

So yes maybe 10.0 will put the cursor on the 'tough' & 'freedom' side again. I just don't see it happening in the general scheme of things. But then, it's a russian game. They will maybe surprise us !

Anyway back to hibernating, thanks for bringing back good old (painful) memories :) Cheers

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Pochtron" (Feb 28th 2019, 10:40am)

Tuesday, March 5th 2019, 8:08pm

Any news on 10.0? Will it be released this month?

Wednesday, March 6th 2019, 1:32pm

Any news on 10.0? Will it be released this month?

We will announce the date when the time comes ;)

Thursday, March 7th 2019, 6:09am

Thursday, March 7th 2019, 7:44am

I have another question that you might be able to answer already yet: Will we get 10.0 pre patch first like the Russians some months ago or will we get the patch with Warp the Russians got just a few days ago? :-)

I'd be very thankful for an answer

Thursday, March 7th 2019, 9:50am

Yes, my question is same ! "Allods 2" coming with 10.0 or later ?! Please answer...
Joueur Allods depuis 2011

Rate this thread