You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 10:49pm

I can pretty much play 24 hours a day minus sleep time. But yeah, we'll see if the game is worth my time and money. At least atm I'm feeling pretty positive about it,

If you can play this much, you can shoot for an endgame guild even if you don't intend to spend any money. And you'll do fine.

If you got the time - the game is very much worth it.

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 11:06pm

only trolls / ppl with no knowledge of economics call it paytowin

best classes are atm: warrior, summoner, healer, mage

protip: buy a lootpet (magpie helper) as soon as possible, it autoloots for you :D
I study economics..I can't really call it Pay to win but It's something near that..Do you know why? Listen!If you intend to beat people who use much real cash in this game fully F2P then you simply won't have a life ^^ your life will be Allods.Here in this game you have 2 currencies 2 spend either real cash or real time..Simply try to get full CS items fully f2p and tell me how many years would that take you? hey just get pat 5 and tell me if it takes you less than 3 months fully f2p,you'll be my hero lol.So it's simply like showing you a very very expensive piece of stone but at the ends of the world and ask you to go there without using any means of transport and then if you can't do it,I'd tell you you had a great chance of being rich while if someone else used a plane or something,they would get it easily.If you really know economics then draw a graph for time vs cash in allods and see the difference yourself.It's like telling you to do something near impossible for free or pay for it to get it instantly as we are human we're not a farming hack for Allods or a computer program lol we have lives, we have many other things to do and the main purpose in playing a game for a normal human is to have fun and not to get bored farming in that game to get in game gold to get a better IN GAME position and 0 if not negative profit in life lol so at this point it doesn't become play for fun but it becomes play to get a better position in a game and what it needs to get level 7 runes or so +pat 5 is like 1-3 years of free playing and that's regardless of schools or work or real life stuff so you're simply asking a player to get these things for free in return they'll waste a very big time of their real life while others willing to pay can get it in a blink of an eye which is near impossible for a normal human as we have lives and work and other stuff too.Conclusion:giving you an opportunity to get CS stuff for free but through harder methods which require much much time is simply near to pay to win because what you would get in like 5 years for free, you can get today for cash.Do you get my point?

As for best classes:Warrior yes sure indeed no doubt.

Summoners and healers: indeed they're awesome too but the only painful thing about them is mana other than that they're hard to get killed and can farm great if they know what to do.

Mage: Mages are op yes BUT if they have op gear other than that they have least survival so if you won't kill your enemy ASAP you'll just keep dying specially if your enemy is ranged and as for in PVE Mages sometimes can get 1 hit killed by AOEs in astral if they have low defense runes.

you simply forgot about bards: bards are a very awesome class and almost one of best choices for f2p players,I didn't buy a mount back then till I hit like level 54 or 55 and I used Allegro song as my virtual mount and not to mention how bards are a very well rounded class mixing both survival and strong DPS along with awesome AOEs and mad CC sometimes in PVP.

You also forgot about paladins though holy paladins got their AOEs nerfed recently but Paladins are still worth it though they're quite boring to level sometimes if you aren't fond of tanking.

About your protip about magpie:I have been playing this game for around 1-2 years and may be more lol and I don't have a looter till this very moment and I always prefer to up runes instead of wasting gold buying one..I leveled alchemy in like 2-4 days from 1-60 with no looter and always loot things myself so its all about not being lazy.
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hilver" (May 13th 2014, 11:39pm)

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 12:01am

hey just get pat 5 and tell me if it takes you less than 3 months fully f2p,you'll be my hero lol.

Assuming you get about 20-30 symbols on the average per patron chest opened, with current exchange rates patronage 5 is about 70-80 hours of farming. Nowhere close to 3 months.

you simply forgot about bards: bards are a very awesome class and almost one of best choices for f2p players,I didn't buy a mount back then till I hit like level 54 or 55 and I used Allegro song as my virtual mount and not to mention how bards are a very well rounded class mixing both survival and strong DPS along with awesome AOEs and mad CC sometimes in PVP.

I personally hate every single thing about this class - fiercely. I wish they have never added it. Now with 5.0 after removal of conviction, it's better than my class (psi) for nearly every game activity. It's a better choice for group or raid dominion, it's a better choice for dps (well unless maybe on a 100% standstill fight, but seriously, how many of those are there?), it's a better choice for astral, way better choice for farming. The very existence of this class makes my soul scream and my heart bleed.

It's like telling you to do something near impossible for free or pay for it to get it instantly as we are human we're not a farming hack for Allods or a computer program lol we have lives, we have many other things to do and the main purpose in playing a game for a normal human is to have fun and not to get bored farming in that game to get in game gold to get a better IN GAME position and 0 if not negative profit in life lol so at this point it doesn't become play for fun but it becomes play to get a better position in a game and what it needs to get level 7 runes or so +pat 5 is like 1-3 years of free playing and that's regardless of schools or work or real life stuff

Ouch, seems I am nowhere near normal.
Here's why I play games: Because life SUCKS, I hate every moment of it and seek to forget about reality whenever I only am able. The more absorbing a game is, the better.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (May 14th 2014, 12:18am)

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 12:24am

Assuming you get about 20-30 symbols on the average per patron chest opened, with current exchange rates patronage 5 is about 70-80 hours of farming. Nowhere close to 3 months.
I'm lazy to revise your calculations and to make the calculations in steps here but if we assume its 70-80 hours farming, I have some questions:
Farming what?If amalgams through alchemy quest which is like the fastest way I guess..The average time take by an average f2p player to finish 1 amalgam quest is like 50 mins-1 hr so you'll end up doing like 70-80 amalgam quests in 70-80 hours and that you'll be LUCKY enough to have 3 amal concentrates each quest and you'd sell the 3 for around 5k-7k gold you'll end up having like 400k-500k gold after farming the 80 hours I don't remember howmuch is 1 pat chest for atm but do you think 400k or 500k gold is sufficient to do the job if you get 20-30 symbols per chest (assuming you're very lucky here too to get 20-30 per chest) and you need 10k symbols at current exchange.

Second question is: Who is willing to farm 80 successive hours?I know some people who get bored after farming 1 amalgam quest and some even get extra bored before they finish the whole quest..Always remember you're talking about human here not a farming hack program for Allods lol. Try farming 80 hours and see howmuch will it take you to spend 80 hours farming not playing and see how bored you'll be..We're human and we have limits ^^

As for Psi class yea I wanted to make a reincarnation psi but I guess they need some buff..They're kinda weak in almost everything atm and I don't find it fair.As for bards I guess they're kinda balanced..Well compared to warriors (who can CC you to death and who can battle frenzy+crushing blow for insta PVE DPS burst) bards are balanced :D

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 12:27am

i dont wanna give my opinion but just give a true story.

I was going work and found a fried who used to play legend of mir 2 with me. a real life friend.

And he asked if i still played mmo's and told him yeh i do play allods but u wont like it(Cuz i thinked on cs) he tryed anyway. this was in may 2013. so has he wanted play any way only i could told him was dont ever buy costumes dont ever buy incense dont buy scrolls cuz takes a bit longer but u dont need em to reach max lvl dont buy gears from ah save all ur gold only and only for cc's. 1 year later he has now full 7's can have a decent mount with best friend buff. and few cs items not final versions ofc but epic trinket blue earing etc... and he enjoys the game a lot .

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 12:46am

Zaguardo

Beginner

this post is weird... i guess none of u has a complete view...

so because of i play from ZAK beta, here's my point of view:

allods is going on a deadline, we must face it.

back in my days the community was ACTUALLY willing to pvp. now is a profit baed game. AoD for example. no1 sticks there 1 hr, is 5 mins tops. ive played around 30 AoDs and only 2 laster more than 5 mins. this means that the game is so focused on profit that there is no way to bring the pvp action back, no matter what. Dominion is profit based, BGs profit based... this wont last long imho (or at least, aint last when real money will get bored of that nonreward system). tho, til ppl invests everything is cool (if u can invest some, that's it). what i wanna say: community is losing all the pvp fun in order to make out a profit from the pvp itself; imho thats a real waste.

besides, the game structure is op (or was prolly). this is not a pay to win since is a real f2p. u can c anytime by picking any of those high runed guys who are unable to play their class. yeah, they are advantaged, but they are not even close to compete with who has slightly less lvls runes (for example 2 lvls behind) and is way better in skills. this means that if u decide NOT to be competitive but just have fun, u can sit to lvl 7 runes pretty easily on discount and play the best MMORPG ever made. need a proof?

1 year later he has now full 7's can have a decent mount with best friend buff. and few cs items not final versions ofc but epic trinket blue earing etc... and he enjoys the game a lot .

tho, the sec u wanna be a competitor, u must:
1) invest cash. top lvl requires 11 11 11 10 10 10 at least or u will get oneshotted (2 shotted unless u can heal urself?)
2) invest time cuz u need to stick on guild's raiding schedule if u wanna be endgame (and get DKP to loot obv)
3) be skilled

point 3 is hardcore since best way to learn is to admit that some1 is betterthan u. this wont happen, so u must study ur class, do shitload of pvp with pros and learn ur way. or just lose hard vs who has the know how. basically if u wanna b the best u must play with / vs the best.

at this point, is up to u. if u wanna go in tho remember that after this patch the game got higly unbalanced... i mean, go pally/bard. ignore all classess.

war is useless under many points of wiew (what's warrior role atm? dps? tank? support?) and with warden's rework it will be even worse. mage is op (and no, he wont die easily at all if u can play) but slow to raise since is 1/2 skills based; same for psion, but is another playstyle (tho a dps specced one can hurt for real). their endgame is really nice to play. actual warden is 0 flat, eingeener -1. scounts are cool, tho they are on same boat of warrior til they get a serious rework (old to pdps class who got derped by mage and bard? nonsense)

healers and summoners are broken until they fix anger, then they are actually kinda balanced. u may go for one of those, they are nice classes to play and needed but...

pallys and bards are MUSTS. every1 needs a tank and a buff, that's why. when ur a bard they will call for any kind of buff + ur imba aoe dps. pally is the base, so if u learn to tank ull be first guy called ever. plan and simple. pally was op since day 1, is still op as heck after 3 years and will always be op since is the class that has to tank the boss. if they suck, the whole game sucks. bards are naturally born op, now with bloodlust i've seen bards healing more than their healers in AoD while being top dps.

up to u now. remember that this game was made in order to be fully completed with lvl 7 runes (proof given few lines ago :D) if u can play ur class and u got endgame gears; so if ur not a pvp boy, this will work with cheap money (and u can buy everything else ingame if u invest alot of time farming). and trust me, THIS IS THE GAME

pro tip: ppl forgot how to do things. lvl 13 runes makes ur dps more important than everything else. there are really few players who are real pros. look for them, be friendly, LEARN, improve. something ull learn by urself, but in order to learn real tricks u must play with the real best. and if u got skills, they will notice u, dont worry. is only a matter of time (and runes since if u wann ab the best u need them xD).
~ Do what you want cause a Pirate is free ~
~ You are a Pirate! ~

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 1:27am

Quoted

By Hilver

Simply try to get full CS items fully f2p and tell me how many years would that take you?

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 2:39am

@ all who question my cs-progress: please consider that not only 2 years grinding will get you gold but also using the auction house for 2 minutes a day will get you rich if you do it right
also please remember that having 2 more talent pionts is not game deciding, so having the 1st 2nd parts of the actual strongbox sale is fine already. same with the additionaly rubies, if you have parts 1,2 and 3 you dont need part 4. its nice for sure but not gamedeciding if you know what rubies are necessary and which are not... so some CS items are bonus, some are essential, and some are pure luxury

@ HCLFTW :
there are a few exceptions, with ultra high budget for the game, like you. its like 10 players of all, i really dont care beeing killed by them since these are the ones who pay for my game... if the GMs make an event and kill players its somehow the same thing... and yes, ofc its easier to play with a big budget, but its more satisfying (at least for me) to have nearly full cs after 2 or 3 years without one $ spent, than having full CS right from the beginning
at this point: THANK you for donating money to allods, its ppl like you who make the game free for ppl like me ^__^ (this is not beeing sarcastic, i am honest with that)

@ Hilver:
if you really want to farm, then its possible to do that efficiently
farming for about 130 gold / min is real, and just imagine: you watch a movie on tv and spam keys: TAB 1 TAB 1 TAB 1 TAB 1.... nothing more, but after the movie is finished you have 11.700 gold...
in reverse i would never get real money for watching a movie... :( so this is a win win situation, i watch a movie AND get money in allods ^____^
this will boost your economy greatly in addition to auction house earnings
amalgam quest is NOT worth it unless you sell the ama for VERY high price
ofc its possible without looter but i enjoy it to the max, its the best thing in allods for me, i simply LOVE it

@ Unq_swag:
trying to insult me (?) makes it look like you failed very hard in allods regarding economics and you envy me now :(

@ Fraust:
the thing you said about time and money is exactly what i meant, you can pay for a boost, nothing else... money saves ingame time
also the engineer has his unique playstyle ofc, but he is still inferior to ALL other classes :(
although one of the next patches will fix this anyway

@ Dala:
i know that everything including Lv13 runes would really take years, but level 8 or 9 runes are very fine too
considering warrior, summoner, healer, mage cheatlike is a bit hard in my view, i personally enjoy it to play strong classes
bards are not one of the best classes anymore imo since they got serious weakened :( (but still a good class)

@ cscene4
if you dont want to invest ANY money you can still reduce grinding to a minimum, if you use the auction house or play goblinball very often

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (May 14th 2014, 2:45am)

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 2:49am

Quoted

By Hilver

Simply try to get full CS items fully f2p and tell me how many years would that take you?

getting nearly full CS wtihout $ can be also achieved in 2 y, while getting runes from 10 to 13 could eventually take even longer that getting everything else

runes over level 8 or maybe 9 do not pay off at all regarding the input / output value so i suggest to stop at level 9 if you dont have everything else

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 12:31pm

and that you'll be LUCKY enough to have 3 amal concentrates each quest

This statement is plainly false. I've done Greatness exclusively handing in amalgam (every single one coming from that quest) for the emblems and back in the times it took 5 for each emblem, so I've "clocked" enough time doing it to see how it really looks like. I can say this:

Out of ten quests done, about six times you'll get 3 concentrates, two times you'll get 4 concentrates, two times you'll get 2 concentrates.

Like once in every 50 quests you'll be very unlucky and get 1 concentrate.

Of course all this is assuming you know how to craft and not use some shitty addon to "do it for you".

farming for about 130 gold / min is real

Not really sure about that one, with full level 7 runes and patronage 4, I can't seem to pass 400-450g every 5 minutes farming with a summoner in nearly full crafted epics, using potion of Determination. I've tried pretty much every possible spot there is when there was no other people around (really late hours). Assuming about one green item drop every 5 minutes, because that's what I usually saw.

So this...

Is wrong unless you get very lucky on green items drop or have patronage 5.

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 1:17pm

game i would love

P5 cost around 120€uros you can also get 1 free lvl 2 rune from quests but actualy is kinda expensive to progress since this game is maded by progress.
Another thing is, yes the skirmish usualy popup when active time is on and you usualy can do some leech there is also a easy way to earn some gold besides grind.
Daily quest can give you bless time for free wich is good if you want spend 0€uros on the bless.
Edict of conclave, Great mage and so on are sources of p2w on f2p server. but you can get by grind/skirmish or even Brains (look forward in ah and you see). good luck to your character anyway

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 1:33pm

P5 cost around 120€uros you can also get 1 free lvl 2 rune from quests but actualy is kinda expensive to progress since this game is maded by progress.

OMG, thank you for this reminder. My exploitative and abusive mind just realized that crystal chips are actually farmable through in-game means. All it takes is a free reincarnation slot. They are bound so that's no way to profit, but... you can stack them up for yourself. :thumbsup:

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 3:33pm

@Dala
This statement is plainly false. I've done Greatness exclusively handing in amalgam (every single one coming from that quest) for the emblems and back in the times it took 5 for each emblem, so I've "clocked" enough time doing it to see how it really looks like. I can say this:
Out of ten quests done, about six times you'll get 3 concentrates, two times you'll get 4 concentrates, two times you'll get 2 concentrates.
Like once in every 50 quests you'll be very unlucky and get 1 concentrate.
I have done like 7-10 amalgam quests and only 1 of them gave me 4 amalgam concentrates and never got 1 amalgam concentrate but I get either 3 amalgam concentrates or 2 amalgam concentrates with ratio 50%:50% and IMO it's all about luck and not a constant ratio so I guess it's like the strong boxes things that give mount tokens and such things..My mentor back then had to get like 50 boxes or so to get cat and his friend got it in the first box. lol
Of course all this is assuming you know how to craft and not use some shitty addon to "do it for you"
I know how to craft myself and I know how to use addon so simply I use both..Addon to make it easier and I use my mind to play some more puzzle and see if I can get more amalgams so I can get most efficiency using all available resources.

not use some shitty addon to "do it for you"
Can you show some more respect please and use a better language? Because,I respect people I'm talking to and don't go offensive so at least respect me back so I won't lose my respect to you,right?Okay nevermind.

@ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER
Quoted from "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER"

farming for about 130 gold / min is real
I find this hard to believe but at least can you give a proof? Listen If I use cartographer addon to search for crowns around Umoir,Yea it can be possible but to come to think of it again crowns in Umoir are limited+It's crowded most of time by people..Like I always find people farming there and no channels in Umoir (except wellebelle) once you hit level 60 and if you mean wellebelle,Wellebelle doesn't give that worthy drops unless you pull tons and to pull tons you need to have at least pat 5 and like level 7 runes or so..I'm a bard and atm I can pull 2 mobs at once level 5 runes and almost full leggy glyphs and can barely solo 3..If you're with party still it won't be that efficient unless the party has more op people who can carry you.
Quoted from "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER"

I know a great area to farm gold in Umoir as certain mobs there drop rich drops and I've farmed hours and hours there and I guess its even better than wellebelle but after farming amalgam quests for hours too I found amalgam quests are more worthy and get more gold if you sell at a MODERATE normal price and not very high..As for very high prices for amalgams,you won't find a buyer that easily and will have to find someone who is willing to buy for higher and make him/her your customer.

Quoted

farming for about 130 gold / min is real, and just imagine: you watch a movie on tv and spam keys: TAB 1 TAB 1 TAB 1 TAB 1.... nothing more, but after the movie is finished you have 11.700 gold...
And? I can farm 2 amalgam quests at the same duration while watching a movie (which would be for like 2 hours or may be less) and would end up having almost same gold or may be more from amalgam quests assuming I get 3 amalgam concentrates per quest (and not 4) by the time the movie ends if I sell at a normal price lol..I actually chat with friends while doing amal quests so I won't get bored so yea..

Anyway Both of you Dala and ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER, you guys changed the main subject and our main subject was telling the post author if the game was worth it or not..IMO it's worth it but if you have patience (assuming you're fully f2p like me) and like the challenge and its PVP is fun even when there are other op people and so I still kinda have fun in some skirmishes outsmarting enemies specially in JC ^.- with golem lol and as for if it's P2W or not ..I think it's not P2W but quite near to that because,It's concept depends much on time vs real cash so simply what you can build in years and years,you can get today at this very moment with real cash which gives other players a great advantage all these years you're farming to get near to them.Simple as that IMO.Anyway nice chatting with you people out there and have a good day!

Wednesday, May 14th 2014, 4:24pm

I get either 3 amalgam concentrates or 2 amalgam concentrates with ratio 50%:50%

I find that hard to believe. There was a time I've been doing this quest for at least 7 hours a day for like month. There seems to be equal chance to get 2 or 4 but that happens significantly less than 3. For long farms, you can safely assume it's 3 every time.

Back when I played really seriously, there was no patronage 5 available so I never really opened any of those boxes. To be honest I don't know how they exactly work (don't know if you can get values like 13, 22 35 or just multiplies of 10), but since it says 10-50, I assumed there's an equal chance for 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 and they aren't "rigged" in any way. Average from those values is 30 unless some sort of weights are applied.

I found amalgam quests are more worthy and get more gold if you sell at a MODERATE normal price and not very high..As for very high prices for amalgams,you won't find a buyer that easily and will have to find someone who is willing to buy for higher and make him/her your customer.

That's consistent with what I found out. Amalgam quests is simply more gold per hour than grinding unless you got really OP gear. As for selling it, if you see few concentrates underpriced, it usually pays off to buy them all and re-auction inflating the value.

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 8:42am

Who is willing to farm 80 successive hours?

Eight days after GW2 was first opened, I ran across a dude in the human capital who had already reached the level cap (80). Someone asked him in zone chat how long it took him. "100 hours". 8 days is 192 hours, plus around 8 or so for the time difference between server-open on the first early access day and the time when this happened, making 200 hours. He had spent 50% of his time in-game for eight days straight. So, yes, people will do this.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 11:28am

Who is willing to farm 80 successive hours?

I will do it as soon as I got spare 80 successive hours, likely during summer holidays.

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 11:29am

MrFox

Beginner

allods is going on a deadline, we must face it.

Wont find a better answer.
Recently left Allods myself. Time schedules and just the fuss of unnecessary happenings & events ect. Don't get me wrong the games awesome IF you are able to dedicate the time, money,attitude and be able to put up with stuff overtime but I personally just don't see this as a friendly inviting game anymore for the average gamer out there.
This is a personal view though, so please don't let this determine whether or not to play. You wont truly know the game til you have tried it long enough yourself. :thumbsup:
I'll still poke my head in once and awhile to see how friends are going and to be honest, as greedy as it sounds i don't think i could ever leave my gold

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 11:43am

but I personally just don't see this as a friendly inviting game anymore for the average gamer out there.

"Average gamer" is not really someone a serious gamer would like to play with. But from the business (and overall game longevity) perspective I guess more of those is better anyway.

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 12:03pm

I play this game mostly for the pve. The pvp I get from DOTA and GunZ2. The game does not restrict access to content for anyone, unlike pretty much every other f2p mmo, and this is why the game is awesome for me - because I only really care about the content, about exploring it and learning the game. I don't give a shit about being top dps in AoD. I've had good AoD's, I've had bad ones. Generally, AoD is worth it, even if my kd ratio is just retarded. Who cares? I get on my ship, sail around with some guildies and a Phno <3 and kill bosses and it is fun. At no point in time do I have to buy a pass for content, or worry if anyone has a pass. Content is accessible to everyone and how we tackle it is up to us to decide. I'll take someone with level 3s in offense, no problem.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Biromir" (May 15th 2014, 2:01pm)

Thursday, May 15th 2014, 1:50pm

good answer biro . btw from lvl 0 to 60 and not buying anything(cuz u dont need if u have time) u will have enouf gold for full lvl 4 runes