You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, May 12th 2014, 9:23pm

Is this game still worth playing ?

Hello all. I tried Allods like 2 years ago or so, and I really liked it, but I guess I forgot about it when my pc broke back then. Anyways, I really feel like giving the game another try, but is it too late?

First of all, I'm happy that Gpotato is not involved anymore. But to the point, I tought I would start on the subscription based server, but I heard it is dead. How is the F2P-server doing then? I heard about the server merge so I guess it shouldn't bee dead, but I really have no decent information. I really like having people to play with, so dead game is really not an option. I am okay with spending some money in the game if it feels worth it, but is it possible to play without spending ridicilous amounts, like hundreds of euros or grinding for hundreds of hours? I'm a PvE-player, I would imagine that spending money in cash shop would matter more to PvP-players.

So, are there people to play with, when leveling and in endgame? And can I do fine by spending just little amounts of money? Otherwise I'm pretty excited about Allods.

Monday, May 12th 2014, 9:37pm

normal server is full of ppl, skirmishes pop very often, everything can be achieved with ingame gold...

if you want to boost yourself and save time use real $

the game is definitely worth it

only trolls / ppl with no knowledge of economics call it paytowin

best classes are atm: warrior, summoner, healer, mage

protip: buy a lootpet (magpie helper) as soon as possible, it autoloots for you :D

Monday, May 12th 2014, 9:56pm

Glad to hear it, I guess i'll start downloading the game when my new pc parts arrive, hopefully tomorrow. By the way, how expensive are items in cash shop? How much it would cost if I would want to buy say, xp boost, a mount and that lootpet you mentioned about? And how long do those boosts last?

Monday, May 12th 2014, 10:13pm

Hi!
The cheapest helper is Magpie and it's 500 crystals (or 600? well, I'm pretty sure it's 500). Cheapest mount? Horse for 100 crystals. Better ones are around 1k+ crystals.
About Exp. Boost. It's not 'how long it is'. You get bonus 30k exp for one Exp. Boost scroll (which costs 60 crystals). You get some of those while leveling up.
One crystal in game costs now a little bit over 56gold. Dunno how much you need to pay in real money. Never checked o.O
I hope it helps you a little :)

Monday, May 12th 2014, 10:36pm

Okay, the prizes seem to be pretty decent for a free to play game. I did not quite understand the part about xp boosts but I guess I'll find out when I enter the game :D If I'm right 1000 crystals cost 10€... Anyways, I'm looking forward to start playing now! Thanks for fast answers, they sure were helpful :)

Oh, I still got one last question. How hard is it to find an active noob friendly guild? Or, are people active in guild chats and so? Few months ago I went back to WoW, but ended up uninstalling it because there was absolutely no socializing anymore. This is a huge thing for me, since I like to communicate with people as much as possible when it comes to playing mmorpgs. No point on playing with thousands of people when everyone just sits there quietly, right?

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 12:19am

normal server is full of ppl, skirmishes pop very often, everything can be achieved with ingame gold...

if you want to boost yourself and save time use real $

protip: buy a lootpet (magpie helper) as soon as possible, it autoloots for you :D

Uhh your point makes u look a bit tard(no pun intended). :cursing:
#you cannot achieve every thing in game it takes like 4-5year nonestop grinding day and night to get full cs items ingame I think nobody is willing to do that much grinding you at the least want to spend £200 to get full lvl6 runes and mount and to exchange some crystal to gold for gear upgrates on high lvl.
I think if you were playing since beta you could have got full lvl7runes for like 30000kg but making full lvl7 runes now costs about 250000kg if i am not mistaken.
Wow and do u know everyone ingame thinks ao is p2w.
Dose who think this game is not p2w either got higher cs then normal. :thumbdown:

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 12:28am

Future tip while lvluping:when u in pty you sare experience with your group members. Spam doing gb as soon as you hit lvl 23 You gonna need those xp scrool big time Iin lvl35-38,40-41, 46-48, 59-60.
Good luck :)

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 6:53am

AleXutZa

Trainee

Future tip while lvluping:when u in pty you sare experience with your group members. Spam doing gb as soon as you hit lvl 23 You gonna need those xp scrool big time Iin lvl35-38,40-41, 46-48, 59-60.
Good luck
now that is a pro TIP +

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 7:07am

Fraust

Trainee

Uhh your point makes u look a bit tard(no pun intended).
#you cannot achieve every thing in game it takes like 4-5year nonestop grinding day and night to get full cs items ingame I think nobody is willing to do that much grinding you at the least want to spend £200 to get full lvl6 runes and mount and to exchange some crystal to gold for gear upgrates on high lvl.
I think if you were playing since beta you could have got full lvl7runes for like 30000kg but making full lvl7 runes now costs about 250000kg if i am not mistaken.
Wow and do u know everyone ingame thinks ao is p2w.
Dose who think this game is not p2w either got higher cs then normal.

This entire post seems to be disregarding the OP but rather dissing on that other player. He/she never said it could be done overnight. Only that it's possible.

As with any f2p game, you have two valuables. Time and Money. Spending more of one will mean less spent from the other. Basic economics.

Time = Get strong at a slower rate, whilst not sinking hard earned money into the game.

Money = Get strong at a significantly faster rate, but investing large amounts of money into the game.

This game offers you a choice between the two. As it always has.

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 7:32am

Okay, the prizes seem to be pretty decent for a free to play game. I did not quite understand the part about xp boosts but I guess I'll find out when I enter the game :D If I'm right 1000 crystals cost 10€... Anyways, I'm looking forward to start playing now! Thanks for fast answers, they sure were helpful :)

Oh, I still got one last question. How hard is it to find an active noob friendly guild? Or, are people active in guild chats and so? Few months ago I went back to WoW, but ended up uninstalling it because there was absolutely no socializing anymore. This is a huge thing for me, since I like to communicate with people as much as possible when it comes to playing mmorpgs. No point on playing with thousands of people when everyone just sits there quietly, right?
Ok, it seems that no one wants to answer your question. I'm not in a guild myself, but I can assure you it shouldn't be hard to find a guild. I got invitations on daily basis. And from what I've heard, most guilds are really active. You just need to be lucky to find right ppl. That's all I can tell you without misleading you.

About Exp. Boost... Maybe it wasn't that clear... When you use Exp. Boost, you get bonus 30k exp. which you get while killing mobs or turning in quest. Sample: You have a quest to give in, which would normally give you 500 exp. Exp. Boost grands you addictional 500 exp., leaving you with bonus 29500exp. And that's how it goes till you use all 30k. I hope now it's more clear. Oh! One more thing, when you use multiple Exp. Boost, they stack up. 30k, 60k, 90k and so on :)

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 11:03am

First, about XP scrolls:

If you can stomach grinding (some weird people can't), do not buy them. They are robbing you blind with what you get for the price.

you should be aware that achieving literally everything with in-game gold takes time measured in years.

100% true

[...]paytowin

You cannot possibly imagine how far from the truth this term actually is. If you have ANY reading comprehension at all, you can clearly see that this term imples that YOU DO WIN if you pay and that's very, very wrong.

It's at the very least pay-to-have-a-shot-at-winning.

Message here is: unless you plan to play completely f2p, do not choose any of those classes, with cash investment they are just sad, they are borderline cheat, also bard wasn't mentioned and clearly belongs in there.

Also, a special message from my heart: I'd suggest you to go and play on the subscription server anyway. It has free playtime now and it seems very likely for it to be prolonged until they fix their payment methods. Most importantly, it will NEVER STOP BEING DEAD if people don't join it.

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 12:24pm

skullskaldy

Beginner

Also, a special message from my heart: I'd suggest you to go and play on the subscription server anyway. It has free playtime now and it seems very likely for it to be prolonged until they fix their payment methods. Most importantly, it will NEVER STOP BEING DEAD if people don't join it.

very true
you have 30% bonus exp (or 50% i don't really compare it) so i never had to grind any level.
Mounts are easy to get (cheap and fun to get) (if you want a mount in F2P you're almost forced to pay).
everybody has standard runes build in his chars so you get a free damage boost.

Only thing that i find annoying is how you're supposed to get more bag space

Oh did i say it's free yet? no? ok here goes, P2P IS FREE FOR THE MOMENT :D (till they fix payment methods)

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 3:34pm

There is still something that is unclear for me. How much money I really have to invest if I don't want to grind for years? As said, I'm fine with small amounts, but a 200€ one time buy-thing does not sound good. I'm not totally against game being grindy to some point but again, years of it?

Or lets put it this way. I don't care about "being the best" right away, I just want to get my hands to the content. For example, can I start raiding without those runes? This is what bothers me the most.

What comes to the p2p-server, I understand the point that it will stay deadif people won't start playing it, but I am one of those people who knows that but is not willing to do it. I can't stand playing alone.

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 3:41pm

Fraust

Trainee

This is a terrible vision though. ALL the classes are extremely viable in both PvE and PvP. Sure, some may be a little easier to play but in all seriousness any class is good so long as you play it right and well, maybe even play it as it's intended to be played.

Take the engineer for example, everyone I've seen believes it is horrible in pvp. The problem here is they try to play it like other classes. Forgetting its a support class. Even the lore states they do not fight on the frontlines. But in any direction they'll be getting some changes down the road as with any new class so they're may be some different results in the future.

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 4:09pm

This is a terrible vision though. ALL the classes are extremely viable in both PvE and PvP. Sure, some may be a little easier to play but in all seriousness any class is good so long as you play it right and well, maybe even play it as it's intended to be played.

Take the engineer for example, everyone I've seen believes it is horrible in pvp. The problem here is they try to play it like other classes. Forgetting its a support class. Even the lore states they do not fight on the frontlines. But in any direction they'll be getting some changes down the road as with any new class so they're may be some different results in the future.
To be honest, I'm gonna pick the class I wanna play anyway, not the one that is considered the best in PvE/PvP.

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 4:44pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

Or lets put it this way. I don't care about "being the best" right away, I just want to get my hands to the content. For example, can I start raiding without those runes? This is what bothers me the most.
In my opinion to be able to raid and do astral properly, you need at least 666/555 runes and that costs around 50 euro. Of course you can have worse runes but then you might feel not good enough to experience the content fully.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 4:52pm

Oshi

Trainee

my opinion about allods atm

If its worth playing?

Well you gotta play and find out yourself :D
:) :) :)

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 5:06pm

In my opinion to be able to raid and do astral properly, you need at least 666/555 runes and that costs around 50 euro. Of course you can have worse runes but then you might feel not good enough to experience the content fully.

I see. 50€ feels like it could be possible for me to invest if needed, but I guess we'll see when I get to that point anyways. If I'm right there are also the traditional heroics and stuff like that, so I guess there is at least something to do without the runes?

my opinion about allods atm

If its worth playing?

Well you gotta play and find out yourself :D

I guess so :D Still waiting for my new pc parts to arrive so I can give it a try.

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 9:07pm

IAmGroot

Professional

No offense to the original poster of this comment....but this is probably the most ignorant thing I've ever heard in this game.

If someone had $30,000 to spend on a game and picked allods......

Got full level 13 runes and every other CS item, used mirror scrolls to get full level 56 fabled glyphs ... blah blah etc.....

This person would have 100x easier time trying to do ANYTHING than ANYONE with skill and level 1-7 runes and the lower tier CS items. Even .... EVEN if this was literally the BEST computer gamer in the world......some crazy Asian that can do 5,000 APM. It doesn't matter.

I am one of the higher/highest paying players in the game and I know damn well this game is pay2win. In fact, that's why I play it, because I can be "good" even though I'm bad. I am not a great player, however, with all my CS advantage....I am a great player.

So......Think before you speak bud.

Either way, I think the game is absolutely fantastic, the only problem is the amount of money/time necessary to spend/waste to get what you need/want in this game.

Good luck to you original poster of this thread!

I hope to see you in game. I always love fresh meat for the grinder. 8)

EDIT:

Deleted post below to put into this message to take up less room on the forum because I'm awesome like that.

I see. 50€ feels like it could be possible for me to invest if needed, but I guess we'll see when I get to that point anyways. If I'm right there are also the traditional heroics and stuff like that, so I guess there is at least something to do without the runes?

They have removed the "Traditional Heroics."

Therefore, without cash/time......you literally have nothing to do except grind grind grind grind grind grind......grind? more grinding....grind a bit more...ohhhhhhh and um did I mention grind?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hclftw" (May 13th 2014, 9:17pm)

Tuesday, May 13th 2014, 10:15pm

Oh well, I guess I'll have to try the game and see for myself. Got the stuff for my new pc and got it ready, am downloading the game at the moment. Luckily I have nothing but time, I can pretty much play 24 hours a day minus sleep time. But yeah, we'll see if the game is worth my time and money. At least atm I'm feeling pretty positive about it,