You are not logged in.

Sunday, March 24th 2019, 4:44am

Game way off track after 75 for this new player

I was enjoying this game until level 76 when I could no longer do Mysterious Lands and found myself sent to a level 80 zone, Sogot, with solo quests I could not possibly solo. I saw plenty several other level 75 players get crushed by the Sogot Destroyers too so I don't think it was just me. I ended up leveling painfully slowly through several 60s zones because I was locked out of any higher zones I could handle. When I got to 79, I finally could kill some of the Sogot destroyers and get to 80.

I hit 80 expecting a new set of gear from the Chest of the Explorer but got nothing but gold so I was stuck with now outmoded 75 gear from the previous expansion.

Then I accepted an invitation to Kingdom of Elements and got destroyed by the first 80 elemental I was supposed to kill for a solo quest. His health bar didn't decrease at all when I attacked, he killed me in about 2 shots.

Something is very wrong with this game after level 75. New players are not given a chance in zones where they are sent to do solo quests.

I'm also confused half the time because players are not directed to training quests for all the new features, such as transforming gear and spark experience. There was a nice tutorial quest for upgrading runes but have not seen them for all key features.
To summarize my suggestions:

1. Don't lock players out of zones of their current level just because they didn't complete all the story quests in a lower zone. That is not possible with the accelerated leveling rate due to all the free Folios of Knowledge and Smile of Fortune events.
2. Put in more tutorial quests for keys features such as transforming gear.

3. Don't send players to a level 80 zone when they are level 75.
4. Give level 80 players a starting set of gear that will allow them to handle solo quests in the level 80 zones they are sent to.

Sunday, March 24th 2019, 9:47am

4. Starter gear set from astral academy is always base endgame gear set. You can get better one only from endgame activities, usually at max level. You need to pick one with proper stats distribution though. If you class mechanics is not fully effective because of wrong stats it will make everything much more difficult.

3. This is caused with level cap increase that increases strength of mobs in endgame zones and some quests sending you there in previous level caps. Mobs get upgraded but quests requirements not.

2. There is tutorial quest for crafting and transforming gear. Just after several patches with level caps increase and changed gearing mechanics you get access to endgame gear before you meet requirements to trigger it.

1. Only some zones at low levels are locked this way. They all can be skipped with Time Void. For all higher level zones you get letter starting quests leading to them. Few story line and endgame gear farming require completing some other zones. All leveling ones are triggered with level.

Sunday, March 24th 2019, 7:17pm

Ertil - Thanks for providing some explanation of the game's deficiencies. It still doesn't change the fact that a lot needs to be fixed.

No NPC in the game told me the "Starter gear set from Astral Academy is always base endgame gear set." In fact, the level 80 Chest of the Explorer misleads a new player into believing they would be getting an improved set of gear at 80, the way it was the rest of the game. There should be a tutorial quest at the Anvil of Artifacts at the Astral Academy to explain all that to new players.

I think you are correct that a lot has not been properly updated to reflect all the level cap changes. I'm not even sure how many level caps there have been. I'm guessing the original cap was 50 and know it was later 75, 80 and now 85. I don't know how many level caps there were before 75.
I have found very little about the current game online in English. What websites there are tend to be outdated. It would be informative to see a list of zones by level indicating zones added in each level cap expansion.

Sunday, March 24th 2019, 10:55pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

one of the World Mystery quests to go to Sogot, makes u recieve a "set of equipment" boxes tho :S
I am PioPico

Sunday, March 24th 2019, 11:23pm

RayofShadow wrote:
one of the World Mystery quests to go to Sogot, makes u recieve a "set of equipment" boxes tho :S

Yes, I got that set and it still didn't help as I was 75 facing 76 monsters in Sogot, which is listed in the game as an 80 zone.

Then when I finally got to 80, it is sending me to zones like Kingdom of Elements with 85 monsters! After 75, this game has become totally confusing to me.

Monday, March 25th 2019, 12:29am

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

xD Well, Ask around for stats and builds for your class, unless u have a good understanding off it already, cause each class has their own comboes with stats which helps tremendously
I am PioPico

Monday, March 25th 2019, 1:44am

Hello,

What Zornar is pointing is out that there are very little hints in the game that explain to new players that Naia Windina's gear set is the best way to get equipment until you reach the lvl 85. The gear set from the quest is a bit lower than Naia's one at the same level.

Once you got the Naia's set, you have not so much trouble with the Sogot quests, even at level 75.

I'd guess that adding an automatic letter "from Naia" explaining that she can give an equipment set each 5 lvl (from lvl 70 for example) would be a nice addition to the game. The same way we have a lot of other letters from NPCs all along our journey in Allods.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Monday, March 25th 2019, 10:36am

xD Well, Ask around for stats and builds for your class, unless u have a good understanding off it already, cause each class has their own comboes with stats which helps tremendously

Understanding how to play my class is not my problem.

My main problem is being misinformed or not informed of essential information by the game as I explained in my original post. I make these suggestions in the hope that these issues will be fixed so other players will not be confused and can better enjoy the game.

Another example is at level 75, I got an item in the mail for a free second Reincarnation slot. I asked in the Forums and was told I couldn't get the Reincarnation ability until level 85. So the item may expire before I get a chance to use it. Eventually at 80, I got a Recommendation about Reincarnation that it is not available until "top level." It would obviously be better to not send out that recommendation and item until 85.

A similar example is at 80, I got a recommendation to Achieve Greatness, but I find that is now not available until 85 too.

Another confusing issue is that at level 80, I got letters in the mail from "Sculptor's Disciples" and "Training Camp Explorers." The letters
are in my bag but I cannot open them. I suspect this is another example of 85 level stuff sent out too early but don't know for sure.

Another example is the Astral Venture quest, which is listed in the quest tab under "Unknown Area." How is a player supposed to know what zone to go to in order to start the quest if the game doesn't even know? Automove doesn't work for that quest so I don't know where to go.

Monday, March 25th 2019, 12:33pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

Yeah thats an Issue they Have now cuz we Only have Pre patch of 10.0, Guess they didnt feel like those things were needed in the prepatch... which is dumb
I am PioPico

Tuesday, March 26th 2019, 3:31pm

Looks to me someone sabotaged the code at HQ and made max level to 85 without anyone else knowing about it, since nothing else was prepared for it XD

Tuesday, March 26th 2019, 11:21pm

I didnt read through the whole post, but maybe the problem is that you play on the f2p server without cashshop stuff. Consider switching to the p2p server where everyone plays on the same basis

Wednesday, March 27th 2019, 11:25am

"I'd guess that adding an automatic letter "from Naia" explaining that
she can give an equipment set each 5 lvl (from lvl 70 for example) would
be a nice addition to the game. The same way we have a lot of other
letters from NPCs all along our journey in Allods."

If I recall well new player is redirected to class trainer via letter too. Why not adding new dialogue option like "I want to receive hints about playing my class" enabling this NPC to send letter with simple hints based on character level only. One of those hints could be like:
"Congratulations of reaching level 70. You can now visit Naia for new starting equipment set."

Tuesday, April 2nd 2019, 4:20am

"I'd guess that adding an automatic letter "from Naia" explaining that

she can give an equipment set each 5 lvl (from lvl 70 for example) would

be a nice addition to the game. The same way we have a lot of other

letters from NPCs all along our journey in Allods."
That would fix that particular problem. I'm not sure why they didn't just keep putting the armor in the chest that you opened every 5 levels for a new blue armor set up until that point. I'm not sure why the sets at high levels are only green instead of blue.

There are also a lot confusing "Recommended" activities in the quest log and mail at 75 and 80 that urge you to try new things, such as Reincarnation and Achieve Greatness, that are not actually available until 85. The game also sends you to an 85 zones at 80.

One of the worst things is being locked out of so many zones until you finish the story quests in lower level zones. Once you hit 85, you should be allowed in any zone especially the 85 zone recommended for new 85s, Al Rihat Ruins. I got an invitation to Al Rihat Ruins but no indication of what I need to do to unlock that zone and get there.
The late game just is not very friendly for new players.

Wednesday, April 3rd 2019, 9:28am

I'm not sure why they didn't just keep putting the armor in the chest that you opened every 5 levels for a new blue armor set up until that point. I'm not sure why the sets at high levels are only green instead of blue.

There was just small change and chests with new gear pieces are put in quest rewards for storyline quests in leveling zone for that level - Ammer, Dionic Archipelago. Those armor pieces you get from beginning have limited stat sets - only main stats available. My guess is they made it this way to make easier to pick new pieces while leveling when "life" of gear pieces is minutes, maybe hour or 2.

Starter gear sets you get on all maps since Dane and in astral academy are sets of endgame gear used to be unlocked with access to endgame astral. This gear has complete stat set available including secondary stats. It is another misleading in translation - secondary stats are in fact more important. They are crucial for class mechanics to work properly. This gear starts with green quality then you upgrade it to blue, purple, orange, teal and yellow.

Basic gear while leveling is also green - you can see it in drop from mobs, rewards for most quests and reputation quartermasters. Blue gear is better quality and reward for certain quests only. At quartermasters it is priced higher and require higher reputation to buy it. They put it in those chests just to make leveling faster by equipping characters with some kind of op gear.

All mess that starts at 70 is legacy of 4 different gearing mechanics that are partially adapted instead of being completely reworked when changes were introduced to the game.

Rate this thread