You are not logged in.

New Frontier FPS problem

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 19th 2019, 9:20pm

FPS problem

Hello,

I have a pretty heavy FPS problem in big PvP such as Cauldron, Wednesday dominion, any place where there are a lot of players, which I do not understand because the PC I use currently is new 4/5 days and should logically run the game without problem, I play in medium and even when I down to all the graphics options of the game but the result is the same.

Here is my config: https://www.driverscloud.com/fr/configur…944873-1/resume

Could you help me solve this problem?
Sorry for my english, I use a the Google translator

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lyrliel" (May 19th 2019, 9:45pm)

Sunday, May 19th 2019, 10:01pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

I have a GTX 980 and I play mostly on Low settings to prevent lagg, But allods has alot of memory leaks I think it is, which makes it Lagg the longer you have been online. Good example is doing 10 6v6 fights, while being in Yasker tower = Super laggy. If you just Refresh Client before going Raid domi or Anything like this it should be less Lagg.

Other than That I do not know, Your Pc should be able to handle Higher settings without lagg.
I am PioPico

Monday, May 20th 2019, 1:47am

your problem is here;
Nombre de coeurs: 6 physique(s), 6 logique(s)
8 Go de mémoire totale de type DDR3 à 803.54 MHz
- Fréquence maximale: 800 MHz

as pio said, allods has alot of memory leaks. most of new games solved this but old school games still have this problem.

you are using amd processor like my laptop. usually amd processors have no "threads"(only a few of them have). that's why intel processors work better in gaming.
thread means 1 core of your pc works like 2 cores. logically. and when you need, that core can proccess 2 times more information than 1 thread core.
your 6 cores 6 threads 3.82 ghz processor still works good, but 2.5-3 ghz 1 core 2 threads processor works better than yours, particularly in allods kind of games which are using 1 core. ofc 3ghz 2 threads does not give you 6ghz. pc cores dont work at top power all the time. think like that, you are trying to push something up and you are feeling good at the beginning but when you start to tire, someone is helping you until you recover your strength.

hope that helps...

btw; that does not mean your pc is bad. your pc is pretty good in general and almost all games work well.
short of long; that's not your problem, that's allods' problem :rolleyes:

Myself

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Jaxis" (May 20th 2019, 2:28am)

Monday, May 20th 2019, 10:24am

Thank you for taking the time to answer, but would you have a solution to my problem?

Monday, May 20th 2019, 11:28am

but would you have a solution to my problem?
reboot game before big content like aod/bg's/12x12 domi and mbe 6x6 domi/ranked pvp/raids

Monday, May 20th 2019, 2:55pm

Normally 1 core= 1 thread. Intel CPUs are using Hyper Threading which basically allows to execute 2 threads at once but it doesn't double computing power- it is more like ability to assign left over CPU processing power to 2nd thread, not to mention software has to be designed to use it efficiently.
What matters the most for Allods is basic core CPU clock which is where dual core CPUs will work better for Allods (if we are talking about the same gen of CPUs).
There is also feature called Turbo Boost (Intel) or Turbo Core (AMD) if I recall those names right. It basically allows to higher clock on one core if other ones are not used or have low load. This also benefits FPS in Allods. You can check if You have this feature enabled if it is supported.

Things that can help You:
Video Settings->General Settings->Check on all (hide helmets, cloaks etc)
Additional Video Settings->Uncheck: Enhanced Shadows, Shadows of characters on the ground, procedural textures, reduce to medium Texture Quality and Sky Quality.

Tuesday, May 21st 2019, 1:24am

and when you need, that core can proccess 2 times more information than 1 thread core.

This is not true. As Sideer explained Ht technology just allows to use full potential of physical core easier. If one thread already use 80% of core power.. second one has only 20% available so it won't double amount of information processed... in fact if you add to much to second thread it will only slow down first one.

your 6 cores 6 threads 3.82 ghz processor still works good, but 2.5-3 ghz 1 core 2 threads processor works better than yours,

Since when 1 core 3GHz can do more computing than 6 cores 3.82 GHz? MAybe learn a bit about processors before you start writing such fantasies...

particularly in allods kind of games which are using 1 core.

It is distant past since Allods was using only one core. Just check in process explorer to see it yourself.

And now for solution - sometimes restricting core usage can help. Especially if there are other things running on computer besides of Allods. Just set Allods up to use some cores only and everything else to use other cores. Exclusive access to some cores can solve some problems.

Check your RAM usage. Win 10 can eat 8GB easily...

Graphic card shouldn't be a problem. It looks like Allods relies more on CPU power than GPU.

Tuesday, May 21st 2019, 8:50am

Quoted from "Jaxis"
and when you need, that core can proccess 2 times more information than 1 thread core.
This is not true. As Sideer explained Ht technology just allows to use full potential of physical core easier. If one thread already use 80% of core power.. second one has only 20% available so it won't double amount of information processed... in fact if you add to much to second thread it will only slow down first one.

technically 2 logical cores which share tasks in 1 physical core and logical cores works in balance. so... those 2 logical cores clean each other's way when one of them get forced by a task. i was just comparing 1 thread and 2 threads cores there, was not explaining their working principles. if you check tests about that, you ll understand what i mean.
--
Quoted from "Jaxis"
your 6 cores 6 threads 3.82 ghz processor still works good, but 2.5-3 ghz 1 core 2 threads processor works better than yours,

Quoted

Since when 1 core 3GHz can do more computing than 6 cores 3.82 GHz? MAybe learn a bit about processors before you start writing such fantasies...

i did not say that. i was talking about how allods work in a pc. still saying that; allods work better in less core multi threads processor. almost all games work better in multi threads cores...
--
Quoted from "Jaxis"
particularly in allods kind of games which are using 1 core.
It is distant past since Allods was using only one core. Just check in process explorer to see it yourself.

this is partially true. i think 2 or 3 patches ago allods started to work on multi core but main client still working on 1 core. only additional parts of client working on other cores. you can see it if you check your cores' performance. first core of your pc which named "0" loads more than others. that's why lagging in mass pvp while your cpu is working at 30%...

-0-

now for solution;
that does not make so much difference in general but sometimes can help for performance of pci devices(like graphic card)
- restart your pc and open your bios.
- pci latency timer setting you ll see there. prob it got set to 32.
- make it 64 or 96.
- ***never make it more than 128! can cause of blue screen errors. like "threads stuck in device driver"

maybe you can try 128 first. if you start to get errors, you can set it lower values. those errors do not hurt your pc.

Myself

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Jaxis" (May 21st 2019, 9:10am)

Tuesday, May 21st 2019, 12:55pm

try on/off your internet router

Rate this thread