You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, June 7th 2019, 1:52pm

New In this world

hello everyone this is my first time playing allods ...And i have some Question
1-Which server should I choose
2-Should i Pay to play or to win

Friday, June 7th 2019, 3:17pm

rozetri

Intermediate

The answer to your question is going to depend a lot on how much free money you have to work with on a monthly basis and what level of competition you want to reach. If you want to be competitive with the best of the best players on the F2P, you need to understand that doing so will be extremely expensive. The initial cost to reach competence with everyone else is going to be relatively high, on the order of ~$500. You are likely going to drop between $100 to $200 a month after that just to keep up and may very well spend more than that. Note that these costs aren't going to immediately put you on par, you are going to be spending this much over an extended period to slowly build up to the full level 12/13 runes and etc that the strongest players currently use. Even after you reach that point in a few years, you will still be likely spending over a hundred every month because of timed items running out their durations and to keep your premium level up.

The advantage of playing on the F2P is that all content is available to you and, last I checked, you'll be playing on a much, much more populated server. If the price I quoted is too high, the P2P server is an option and is... likely the better experience for a player overall, even if you will be missing out on a substantial amount of content restricted to certain premium items. The upside of that is everyone else will also be missing that content, so the barrier to reaching the top level of play is a LOT lower. However, the P2P server is likely going to be much less populated. Long ago when I played on the P2P server, it was also heavily timezone restricted as most of the player base was EU with very little population located in the NA timezone. So about the time I got off work, most people were finishing up their playtime for the day. You didn't have that problem with the F2P server.

What I would suggest is buying one of the available Collector's Editions that comes with some P2P time and checking out both servers. Get an idea for what the population level is like for both League and Empire factions at the time you would be typically playing the game. With that information and knowing what kind of budget you have for spending on a game every month, you should be able to pretty easily determine which server, if either, are right for you.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Friday, June 7th 2019, 4:06pm

Thank you for your detailed reply
... WHat attract me to Allods is the story ... so my main goal is to achieve Quests that s mean am not interested in pvp and competitions
I think am going to choose F2P then

Friday, June 7th 2019, 4:36pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Thank you for your detailed reply
... WHat attract me to Allods is the story ... so my main goal is to achieve Quests that s mean am not interested in pvp and competitions
I think am going to choose F2P then
If you aren't interested in PvP, then that simplifies things greatly. Top end PvE content is not nearly as demanding as top end PvP. PvE in pursuit of enjoyment of the basic storyline and questing is even less so and essentially free with the current addition of gaining CS items as you level on the F2P server. At end of game you will not be able to do high end heroics or hard mode raids without investing in additional CS, but these are unnecessary if you do not intend to participate in PvP heavily. You will be missing out on a huge chunk of the game because it is heavily invested into its PvP aspects and there will be moments where open world PvP may be pushed onto you, but generally that's only a thing you will run across when you're close to max level with current population levels.
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Thursday, July 25th 2019, 5:51am

I recommend u pay to win..Pay to play just gives u limited rewards...Well as if u win u will get some lucrative offers...So just go for it

Thursday, July 25th 2019, 1:23pm

I can add only few things:
1. Collector editions are like account wide upgrades (applies only to real money purchases) so it is good to choose ones that give You the most benefit that includes mount, crystal chips and pet for gathering loot. They will also add subscription time which You can use to explore P2P server.
2. Consider setting monthly allowance for Allods- use it to buy BCs when game offers bonus in form of purple crystals (Lamp, Wheel of Fortune) or to buy collector editions. If those two options are unavailable just store it for later.
3. It is not entirely possible to separate PvP from PvE so You will be forced to do PvP casually (guild dominion, Battle Ground for quests). If You can live with being one-shot killed that's ok if not I recommend P2P server.
4. You can explore storyline without paying even single $. For this reason alone I recommend F2P server. Decision if You want to pay for game or not can wait until You are done with quests.

Thursday, July 25th 2019, 7:24pm

Everyone that is competitive is on f2p, everyone that starts to play the game and does not wish to be competitive is advised to go f2p, when does p2p become a good idea?
p2p is a good idea since forever on everything. Simply removes that pressure to spend money as ANYTHING given into the game that's new is real money only, and it's going to be way more than 5euros per month.
I would suggest p2p because it's the cheapest option in the long run and you get to play the real game how it's supposed to be played.
Many f2p players will oppose on me with this but none of the f2p players ever tried p2p.
People that came to p2p from f2p preferred p2p. But quit due to lack of population from what they're used to on f2p.
If you can bite your teeth long enf, we can make p2p work.
If no one ever cares, f2p it is.