You are not logged in.

Saturday, September 7th 2019, 4:50am

[PMB 10.1] OshiMoshi's PvP DPS Warrior

Introduction
I'm OshiMoshi from the guild Ascendancy (Nezeb), and I primarily play the role of Warrior for one of the top Dominion parties on the Evolution server.

I prefer the Warrior class for its potential to be influential in many aspects of the game. It is in the highest tier of PvE DPS, one of the strongest classes for solo PvP play, and a foundational part of any full party or raid based PvP play. The downsides of the class are its PvE tanking, half party based PvP play, and capabilities in Arena of Heroes. This is due to other classes providing much more effective alternatives.

The Impact of Changes on Warrior Play
The latest update introduces considerable changes in a 30 second global cooldown for skills using Tears of the Dragon, and a reduced duration on Turtle, the Warrior's main defensive skill.

Having said that, absolute damage potential is reduced and class survivability is diminished. This means that timing of affected skills are more important than before in terms of anticipating damage on yourself or bursting your target.

Stats/Gear Allocation
What Artifacts Should I Use?
Use Victory Cross and Dragon Aspis, since they offer the most value to you as a warrior. As for the last artifact, there are only a couple of legitimate choices. Freedom Mirror is not as useful as the others because Warriors have a high passive crowd control immunity. For example, sometimes fearing a Warrior has no effect. Moreover, Warriors are incentivized to be subdued because of rubies in the first grid which Freedom Mirror rank 4 works against. This leaves two viable options, Codex of Life and Pilgrim's Crown. I have seen a majority of other Warriors use Pilgrim's Crown mainly due to the convenience it offers, but I prefer Codex of Life for the simple fact that it allows me better sustainability in PvP.

Offensive Stats
Aim for as close you can to
  • Critical Damage: ~ 260
  • Double Attack: ~ 250
  • Physical Damage: ~250
Victory Cross artifact rank 2 can provide 40 more stats for a total of 300 Critical Damage, allowing you to reach the maximum duration on Turtle while not losing much offensive value in diminishing returns. These special stat values should be close to or around the theoretical maximum damage multiplier.

Of the remaining points, consider
  • 3:2 ratio of Proficiency/Brutality for Battlegrounds (i.e 300 Proficiency for every 200 Brutality)
  • 2:3 ratio of Proficiency/Brutality for 3v3, 6v6, Dominion (i.e 200 Proficiency for every 300 Brutality)
  • 1:1 ratio of Proficiency/Brutality for a balanced gameplay (i.e 100 Proficiency for every 100 Brutality)
These main stats allocations are safe choices, and the optimal choice for you will depend on your character's composition and may deviate from these numbers. The philosophy is that higher Proficiency results in higher initial damage (burst), and higher Brutality results in higher finishing damage (pressure). You should be thinking about how you can create the most value for a particular activity.

Defensive Stats
A safe bet is
  • Caution: ~ 250
  • Survivability: 0 without relying on heals or the total from cape, gloves, and shirt when relying on heals
  • Vitality: as many points as possible
  • Concentration: leftover points
There are obviously other choices depending on a specific context, but I won't go into that.

The Build

Talent Tree

First Grid

Second Grid

Third Grid

What Racial Skill Should I Use?

What Reincarnation Skill Should I Use?

Rotation

Pointers

Miscellaneous

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Oshh" (Sep 26th 2019, 6:38pm)

Monday, September 30th 2019, 5:29pm

That's awsome you have found use from nerfed into the ground warrior.

The warrior in my experience is completely Nerf and useless cant take damage 1 shot and dead vicious spin nerf all abilities that made warrior vital gone. So if this is the direction the game is going im done. Ill go back to world of warcraft I left that game because of imbalance this game was balanced but now is not.. So nerf away and good luck.. :thumbdown:

Monday, May 18th 2020, 1:33am

Hi, is there anything you think to change now in patch 11?

Monday, May 18th 2020, 4:03am

The warrior in my experience is completely Nerf and useless cant take damage 1 shot and dead

a post that did not age well :rolleyes:

(for those who do not understand: warrior is along with paladin and scout the best class there is at the moment)

Saturday, August 15th 2020, 5:53pm

Regarding stats, i need to know what about determination and bloodlust.
Thanks.

Sunday, August 16th 2020, 7:02am

determination is normally used for PVE only, in 1 vs 1 PVP you dont get it to high enough % so you lack damage overall
same with bloodlust, it is a good stat for PVE as it heals you but in PVP the effect is too little to have any relevant effect

warrior =
250 phys dmg
250 double atk
250 crit dmg
100% critchance comes from rubies!

make sure with your build to not deal any firedamage, stay completely physical - warrior and sorcerer are the only classes which can stay within only 1 damagetype all the time so the specific dmg from phys dmg is NOT wasted on certain attacks

this makes warrior technically the most efficient class in game and thus superior (however in the end scout and paladin somehow still are in favor but that goes to deep to explain in detail now)

next patch will make this obsolete anyway as special dmg stats will be gone from what i have seen and new trend is 1000 prof+ and oneshot everything as scout or paladin :thumbsup:

Saturday, October 10th 2020, 3:55pm

Saturday, October 10th 2020, 7:43pm

warrior is no longer viable

top warriors are only good because of the gear, if they would change to another class the performance would be much better

best class currently is engineer

Saturday, October 10th 2020, 10:57pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

Warriors still do good if u know how to play it, several in our guilds warriors have matching dps with scouts of our guild. Just new stats and new rotation for warrior
I am PioPico

Saturday, October 10th 2020, 11:27pm

how I find new rotation for warrior I cant even find in rus forums

Sunday, October 11th 2020, 2:45pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

I heard u have to use rapid blow aswell now, Idk much bout warrior dps so I cant help
I am PioPico