You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, November 5th 2019, 8:28pm

Question about WEAPONS

I've been reading builds for my characters these days and everyone of them don't talk about what weapon should a character use... just this one, an engineer from "Noah", that i've tried and it works (pair of weapons for engineers).

Now, i have a summy too, but i have this problem: i saw a bunch of people using really weird weapons BUT staffs or daggers. That is, two handed maces and even pair of weapons. Idk what's going on but i wanted to make a thread about it.

I want to know what should i use in each archetype i guess. And i know it might change due to the kind of category on those archetypes (tank, fh, dps, pvp).

Thanks in advance, cheers.

Wednesday, November 6th 2019, 3:16pm

Mapz

Trainee

Weapons don't matter anymore. They do not affect melee skills cooldowns anymore, and any 2 handed weapons and paired weapons output the same damage. Also 1 handed + offhand damage outputs combined equal the damage of 2 handed or paired. Nobody talked about that simply because it's been completely irrelevant for ages now. Shields have no damage output so 1 handed + shield will be lower damage, and are used by warrior and paladin when tanking, and maybe on full heal priest or especially defensive support priest, but don't quote me on that. For everything else, it literally doesn't matter which weapon you use.

Wednesday, November 6th 2019, 4:57pm

yep i told about paried weapon cuz engi can't wearing 2h sword, mace etc, but thay are equal with pover to paried weapons engi can wear
only 1 hend weapon have lower performenc

ofc othe class have diferent scalings, you can check it by taking off wand/bow and 2h, for what spells that weapons are response

i mentioned about weapons in engi, cuz wand is response for acid spells, and weapon for psychical spells, so as my build was mostly psychical, and when you hit wirh reactor it do 100% physcial dmg(-200), or 50% acid and 50% psychical(+200) on reactor blowdown spell on dps engi, so your priority as eng is find weapon first, wand secound

so if your acid engi support you mostly not care about weapon (but i not tested what response for collosus and nuke yet, need confrim it yet)

thinked it's info will help for gearing ppl or leveling one, thats why i puted it ther :thumbup:

some class can wear shield, if thay do thay got some chance to "parry" attack and reduce it dmg by 50% if i good remember

other offhends don't do anythink expect of giving you some stats, but thay not give you more weapon dmg so it's ussles to have them insted of 2h on dps spec, cuz your cuting your dmg by half on skills wher main weapon response for them

This post has been edited 6 times, last edit by "Noah1" (Nov 6th 2019, 5:11pm)

Wednesday, November 6th 2019, 5:36pm

Wow...

I'm... shocked now. Last time i checked (4 years ago), weapons kinda matter.

What about off-hands?, shields are still important for tanking-- like you guys said, otherwise would be a little dumb. But off-hands...

What do you think about the tandem DAGGER-WAND-OFFHAND?

Will you cast faster?, cause you ain't hitting harder, and not that you need it since you'll be using mages (including summies) here.
And i read something that Noah put on his engi guide about off-hands not having important stats anymore... sounds like off-hands are useless now... ARE THEY?

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Wednesday, November 6th 2019, 5:40pm

Quoted

some class can wear shield, if thay do thay got some chance to "parry" attack and reduce it dmg by 50% if i good remember

other offhends don't do anythink expect of giving you some stats, but thay not give you more weapon dmg so it's ussles to have them insted of 2h on dps spec, cuz your cuting your dmg by half on skills wher main weapon response for them

Wednesday, November 6th 2019, 7:42pm

Mapz

Trainee

What do you think about the tandem DAGGER-WAND-OFFHAND?

Will you cast faster?, cause you ain't hitting harder, and not that you need it since you'll be using mages (including summies) here..

You won't cast faster. Offhand + onehand is exactly same thing as using paired swords or 2h mace or whatever other 2 slot weapon.
Offhand don't offer resistances anymore, true. Now they contribute to damage done instead. Useless? No. Just another option if you dont like the looks of 2 slots weapons.

So, 2handed, paired, 1handed+offhand will all give you full damage.
1handed+shield will give less damage but additional physical resistance (armor).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mapz" (Nov 6th 2019, 7:51pm)

Wednesday, November 6th 2019, 10:13pm

Quoted

Offhand + onehand is exactly same thing as using paired swords or 2h mace or whatever other 2 slot weapon.

50% less dmg bro

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Noah1" (Nov 6th 2019, 10:51pm)

Wednesday, November 6th 2019, 11:19pm

while we are at this topic, here is a hint: if you get a drop which is a weapon you cant use (example: you get a bow as a sorcerer), go to KOE (kingdom of elements) and buy the purple insignia from the vendor there ("change weapon look")
this will change your bow to a wand which the sorcerer can use (works the other way aswell and with meleeweapons)

Wednesday, November 6th 2019, 11:38pm

Mapz

Trainee

Quoted

Offhand + onehand is exactly same thing as using paired swords or 2h mace or whatever other 2 slot weapon.

50% less dmg bro

I'll have you know, normal people don't use basic attack in their rotations. Try with actual melee skills, and you'll see the damage is the same. Actually, don't even try, just sum up the damage from one hand weapon's tooltip + damage from offhand's tooltip and compare it to the damage on 2hand weapon's tooltip, and you'll see it's the same number. Or, i'll make it even easier for you, scroll down on your stats, where it says "Melee Damage" and you will see it's the same damn number.

Thursday, November 7th 2019, 7:06am

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

hm
I am PioPico

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rayofsshadow" (Nov 7th 2019, 7:12am)

Thursday, November 7th 2019, 11:59am

Quoted

I'll have you know, normal people don't use basic attack in their rotations.

it was not basic attack, it was gapshoot who is part of rotation on enginner and it's skill

Quoted

Try with actual melee skills, and you'll see the damage is the same.

idk why but enginner is enginner, here your dmg drop by 50% when your using grapshot wearing offhend+dagger

i tested other classes and your right

thats why i placed this info in enginner guide as i noticed that diference 1-2y ago and it's still until now

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Noah1" (Nov 7th 2019, 1:36pm)

Thursday, November 7th 2019, 9:01pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

? I tested on engi still same dmg
I am PioPico

Thursday, November 7th 2019, 10:35pm

While you guys argue about the engi and the difference with other classes, i came to the conclusion that the only bad thing about off-hands is that you have to upgrade 3 pieces of gear instead of 2.

And i'm about to just pick a 2 handed weapon for my summy... even tho i won't be using it (the summy that is).

while we are at this topic, here is a hint: if you get a drop which is a weapon you cant use (example: you get a bow as a sorcerer), go to KOE (kingdom of elements) and buy the purple insignia from the vendor there ("change weapon look")
this will change your bow to a wand which the sorcerer can use (works the other way aswell and with meleeweapons)
I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

Friday, November 8th 2019, 12:21am

?

Quoted

I tested on engi still same dmg

can you make ss?

i tested that on dps spec, so mybe only dps spec have problem, you saw my ss, on one+off i did 12k per hit on paried 23k

and are you sure you used grapshoot for test? cuz yes other skills are not effected

if yes, gona write bug repport cuz we confirmed other class don't have that bulshit

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Noah1" (Nov 8th 2019, 12:35am)

Friday, November 8th 2019, 10:28am

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

doesnt matter Daniel, the only diff is drops, if u get 1h and off hand before 2h use those, or wice verse, Insignias is the same amount to upgrade them (1h and offhand is 1 per 1%, 2h is 2 per 1%)
I am PioPico

Friday, November 8th 2019, 6:49pm

doesnt matter Daniel, the only diff is drops, if u get 1h and off hand before 2h use those, or wice verse, Insignias is the same amount to upgrade them (1h and offhand is 1 per 1%, 2h is 2 per 1%)
Oh, i didn't know about that percentage, the two chars i'm currently using have 2 handed weapons.

I started the thread because of a summy i have. I might use her at some point to make dailies, so i'm gearing her up atm and i got those things from vendors days ago, when i was leveling her.

Thanks for the feedback.

Rate this thread