You are not logged in.

Friday, November 8th 2019, 7:31pm

A question about the PRIVATE ALLOD

I just made my PRIVATE ALLOD and i have so many questions... about defenders, about goblins and kobolds and traps and this and that and the other...

But i figured this one interests me the most atm:

Today i saw creatures and demons on my allod, you can find them all over the map...

And on them i found this "buff"... or something...

Then i say to myself, "that's neat, having those creatures fighting on my maze and NOT HAVING TO SPEND SPARK FROM THE CAVE OR REWARDS FROM KOE... cool"

From questing i got like 45 "embriums" i think they are named? and then i found those, so i bought ONE... just to try it and see the result...

SUPPOSE to be that one... BUT it doesn't do anything...

What am i missing?, am i trying to "fly before learning to walk"?, do i eventually get them to fight in my maze?...

Also found an egg over the desk in the office, but we'll get to it in other time.

Thanks.

EDIT: also, how do i know my maze is working?, i put them creatures and traps i had already, mind you, not every slot is full (TRAPS, yeah).

Do i have to make the maze with the 9 rooms the game allows me to put on?... i stopped at 5 and it looks... "playable" i guess.

EDIT 1: What do you think about TRAPS?... i bought the two from the tka rik cave ("lightning" both)};I saw two more on koe ("invisible" and "acid" i think); and i saw some more on the allod, but i don't have the resources for now :/

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "danielzntrt" (Nov 8th 2019, 11:54pm)

Friday, November 8th 2019, 9:05pm

ironist

Trainee

You need to get the skill called "Enslavement" to capture one of the maze defenders. You also need one of the seals depending on which defender you want to capture.
Rave

Friday, November 8th 2019, 10:44pm

SUPPOSE to be that one... BUT it doesn't do anything...

What am i missing?, am i trying to "fly before learning to walk"?, do i eventually get them to fight in my maze?...
i dont know about this as i have never tried it (always convert my embrium to gold :P )

Also found an egg over the desk in the office, but we'll get to it in other time.
i think this will become relevant in a future update

also, how do i know my maze is working?, i put them creatures and traps i had already, mind you, not every slot is full (TRAPS, yeah).
once you "made" it you can actually test it yourself, press CTRL+M (fights menu) and go for "test" or "mazetest" or something like that its called
then you start in your own maze; you can summon the mercenaries and test (you can ofc also test with other players this way, just need to be a grp)
then you can see how your maze works
traps do NOT consume supplies in this mode i think

hint:
talk to the goblin-NPC on your allod, it says something like "upgrade mazeguards" - this upgrade is dependent on your gearscore; it also shows what gs is needed for the next upgrade. this matters a LOT and is worth doing as its free and takes only 2 clicks. the default difficulty can be solo'ed but the highest is a challenge even for a full grp of good players ´..
Do i have to make the maze with the 9 rooms the game allows me to put on?... i stopped at 5 and it looks... "playable" i guess.
no 9 is just the max.
myself i just start the maze and dont put anything in it at all as mazes get reset from time to time (byebye astralgranite!) so all my effort is gone then anyway
when they 1st did this a LOT of players were very upset and disappointed as it was not foreseeable this will happen. there was no compensation aswell.
bad players die to the default endboss anyway and good ones can kill the best setup aswell... the few ones between the spectrum of good and bad do not justify to take the hassle of building a proper maze for me

Friday, November 8th 2019, 11:21pm

You need to get the skill called "Enslavement" to capture one of the maze defenders. You also need one of the seals depending on which defender you want to capture.
Sigh... how do i get this "enslavement" skill?, suppose to be really hard, right?, i don't think they'll let us get a nice creature for free at the very beginning.

Thanks for responding.

Friday, November 8th 2019, 11:51pm

once you "made" it you can actually test it yourself, press CTRL+M (fights menu) and go for "test" or "mazetest" or something like that its called
then you start in your own maze; you can summon the mercenaries and test (you can ofc also test with other players this way, just need to be a grp)
then you can see how your maze works
traps do NOT consume supplies in this mode i think
Oh, that's pretty nice. I might try it at some point then.
hint:
talk to the goblin-NPC on your allod, it says something like "upgrade mazeguards" - this upgrade is dependent on your gearscore; it also shows what gs is needed for the next upgrade. this matters a LOT and is worth doing as its free and takes only 2 clicks. the default difficulty can be solo'ed but the highest is a challenge even for a full grp of good players ´..
Yeah, i did that-- i thought it would cost something... later i realized that you can level your creatures inside the maze by paying depending on the level you want them to reach.

Going back a little, when he said something about gears and numbers i was like "i'd love for the 'maze guards' to be like 40k gs even!", like, "the most your maze kills the more resources it gets". But i also thought about MY gears atm (28k+). So it's ok, i mean-- my fault for not leveling it properly (no "astralin" for me).
myself i just start the mae and dont put anything in it at all as mazes get reset from time to time (byebye astralgranite!) so all my effort is gone then anyway
when they 1st did this a LOT of players were very upset and disappointed as it was not foreseeable this will happen. there was no compensation aswell.
bad players die to the default endboss anyway and good ones can kill the best setup aswell... the few ones between the spectrum of good and bad do not justify to take the hassle of building a proper maze for me
Yeah, every seven days the maze resets... i thought it may stay as it is now because i don't mind it to be that way forever. Also, i thought you have to pay for a new maze after those seven days. This is why i was like "is my maze working atm?... how do i know people is playing inside?, if this is not working why paying almost 300k every week?".

Thanks for taking the time to respond, i really appreciate it.

Saturday, November 9th 2019, 12:55am

Sigh... how do i get this "enslavement" skill?, suppose to be really hard, right?, i don't think they'll let us get a nice creature for free at the very beginning.

Thanks for responding.
enter your maze and talk with the NPC that's inside the room, you need 500 embrium to get it, then you have 3 qualities for the demons to enslave (blue,purple,orange) the the cost of the seals increases as you go, the success of enslavement chance decreases. Once you buy it it will be in you skill "P" it has a cooldown on 24 hours or 12 I really forgot xD. Orange ones are a bit hard to enslave but if you keep trying you will get one eventually and you will spend less embrium from trying to enslave it rather buying it from the NPC.
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Bring It On! Cuz I'm Just Gonna Grow Up In The Battle HEY !!

Timed Artifacts: The hidden value
Blanks In Chat?

Saturday, November 9th 2019, 1:04am

later i realized that you can level your creatures inside the maze by paying depending on the level you want them to reach.
the payment to the goblin-housekeeper inside is to rise the anger of the monsters (makes them stronger aswell) and make life for the healer harder
this leveling is NOT permanent so think twice before sinking your gold there
'd love for the 'maze guards' to be like 40k gs even
the NPC said that? likely a humorous quote, the goblins tend to say funny things :)

"the most your maze kills the more resources it gets". But i also thought about MY gears atm (28k+). So it's ok, i mean-- my fault for not leveling it properly (no "astralin" for me).
everytime a player dies from your monsters, the mechanism in the middle of your allod collects a spark (or rather a part of the spark-energy because lorewise, the killed player could not live without a spark anymore :whistling: )
so you get a mail with "player xy from guild z was killed on your maze" and when you go to your maze there are these sparks and you collect them with the contextmenu-action
with these sparks, you can speed up the production from the horns of plenty. it is NOT recommended to boos tthem more tan once a day as price goes up to 10 sparks after boosting it once. better boost them only once a day.

my gs is also <29k, i am not an enthusiastic gearupgrader aswell :rolleyes:

Yeah, every seven days the maze resets...
?
the only thing which resets every 7 days is the repeatable quest which yields some of the currency you sell at negotiant for dust

i thought it may stay as it is now because i don't mind it to be that way forever. Also, i thought you have to pay for a new maze after those seven days
after a major reset you have to pay the goblin-builder for mazecreation again but due to the horns of plenty (set them to gold) you will get that investment back over time (you cant start your horns of plenty without a maze)

Saturday, November 9th 2019, 2:29pm

Thanks for responding.
enter your maze and talk with the NPC that's inside the room, you need 500 embrium to get it, then you have 3 qualities for the demons to enslave (blue,purple,orange) the the cost of the seals increases as you go, the success of enslavement chance decreases. Once you buy it it will be in you skill "P" it has a cooldown on 24 hours or 12 I really forgot xD. Orange ones are a bit hard to enslave but if you keep trying you will get one eventually and you will spend less embrium from trying to enslave it rather buying it from the NPC.
HAHA!, it HAS TO BE that way... and it's ok. It shouldn't be easier for people to do that...

Btw, sounds like a really hussle doing this and pretty unnecessary, did you try it?, did you try getting one of those?

Thanks for responding.

Saturday, November 9th 2019, 2:45pm

the payment to the goblin-housekeeper inside is to rise the anger of the monsters (makes them stronger aswell) and make life for the healer harder
this leveling is NOT permanent so think twice before sinking your gold there

Oh boy... 300k down the drain i guess... do the mobs increase their level without you having to pay for it?

'd love for the 'maze guards' to be like 40k gs even
the NPC said that? likely a humorous quote, the goblins tend to say funny things :)

Nono, I said that I'D LOVE for the mobs on the maze to be like super strong (like 40k gs). But i get that they would be on my level atm (28k+ gs). Sounds fair.

everytime a player dies from your monsters, the mechanism in the middle of your allod collects a spark (or rather a part of the spark-energy because lorewise, the killed player could not live without a spark anymore :whistling: )
so you get a mail with "player xy from guild z was killed on your maze" and when you go to your maze there are these sparks and you collect them with the contextmenu-action
with these sparks, you can speed up the production from the horns of plenty. it is NOT recommended to boos tthem more tan once a day as price goes up to 10 sparks after boosting it once. better boost them only once a day.

Oh!, nice... i read that about speeding up the horns and was about to take my chances there whenever i get sparks. I kinda knew they would do that. Sounds fair too.

?
the only thing which resets every 7 days is the repeatable quest which yields some of the currency you sell at negotiant for dust

It says something about making the maze my "main maze" for seven days... or something like that-- thinking about it now, sounds like reincs having mazes too.

after a major reset you have to pay the goblin-builder for mazecreation again but due to the horns of plenty (set them to gold) you will get that investment back over time (you cant start your horns of plenty without a maze)

Yeah, i read that too, but if you gonna have a maze you might aswell want it to make the most amount of gold and keep it that way... also i have like 560 sparks from the cave and a bunch of rewards from koe (not many, like 13k). So i have some resources to start doing something on the maze.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond. Good luck.

Saturday, November 9th 2019, 9:51pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

Main mazes can only produce Embrium from Horns
I am PioPico

Sunday, November 10th 2019, 3:01am

Main mazes can only produce Embrium from Horns
SUDDENLY i wasn't able to pick the thing i wanted the horns to produce, but EMBRIUM...

Then i saw that you can change like 1 embrium for 800g and you can buy other stuff with it (embrium), so i let that slide.

But yeah, i noticed that i wasn't able to choose what the horns may produce but embrium and i didn't know why.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 20th 2020, 9:36am

so is it better to buy the skill or farm to get the mobs from the merchant ?

Thursday, February 20th 2020, 1:05pm

You have to pay once for getting Enslavement skill (500embrium if I recall well). After that You will need Charge of the Seal per each capture attempt- just take a look at seal icon color in demon buffs to determine which one. Keep in mind rare (blue) seal has lowest cooldown while orange one (legendary) has the longest one.
In my personal opinion it is better (cheaper) to try capturing than buying demons directly for embrium.

Thursday, February 20th 2020, 4:14pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

If ur gearing and activly playing so that gs isnt an issue, id say try capture too cuz then u would go + every week (from doing mazes and getting like 500 embrium a week), and eventually u cn buy but also have had the chance of capturing.
I am PioPico

Monday, February 24th 2020, 11:25pm

Like a month ago i got the "enslavement" skill. Since then i got a bunch of Gills (blue little demon mob, 5 embrium per seal), 1 nimross and 1 "warbringer" is it?-- anyways, the thing is that the skill works and it is way better than buying the mobs from the vendor in that you don't have to spend like 1k embriums. For example: to get Gill you might spend like 5 charges and the cd is like 2 hours i think.

But i have a question-- another one:

i bought the leggy goblin from koe, "Bossy" i think is his name. But idk why i can't use it...

Why is that?

Also, Titanium, where's the "armor thread" you promised to do?, i got the upgrade III but i might need to buy the other two also!?, it is there on my bag cause i don't want to mess that up and idk if i can use it, there are like warnings in red.

Monday, February 24th 2020, 11:37pm

If you meant that you can't use it as it can't be added to your bestiary then it's mostly it's like a token that you need to collect more than 1 of. If you meant that you can't put it in the maze because you're not getting an orange spot then just keep expanding your maze, it will grant you an orange slot for sure, also I'm not sure if certain expansions like fork will have a higher probability of giving an orange slot. I have 2 orange slots in my maze.

For the adaptive shell thread... I got kinda busy and I'm a bit of a procrastinator xD, I was also thinking of making a "Mega thread for newcomers and combackers" that has every single detail that might need but I've postponed the idea to an unknown date, I'll try to make a collective thread regarding adaptive shells before Friday.
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Bring It On! Cuz I'm Just Gonna Grow Up In The Battle HEY !!

Timed Artifacts: The hidden value
Blanks In Chat?

Tuesday, February 25th 2020, 7:27pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

u need a leggy spot inside ur maze to be able to place it out
I am PioPico

Thursday, February 27th 2020, 1:33pm

If you meant that you can't put it in the maze because you're not getting an orange spot then just keep expanding your maze, it will grant you an orange slot for sure, also I'm not sure if certain expansions like fork will have a higher probability of giving an orange slot. I have 2 orange slots in my maze.
I think you're right: the maze ain't big enough. It has 6 rooms i think...? and it is kinda... boring-- i didn't put a lot of effort into it

Btw, is there a map or something able to show me the things i can put with slots and stuffs?, like my main maze is something that i did until i ran out of materials (that... mineral...). I mean, i made something without even knowing what i was doing and then i had to deal with it, cause, again, idk if you can see a maze's map: the things you created and the things you can create, like a blue print or something of it.

And about the armor: you told me that the upgrade III is the most important. I got it, but idk if i can use it-- i should post what i got so you can see. I might do that after leveling of course, cause i have to take ss with every slot and thing i have and it could take a while.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 27th 2020, 3:44pm

There is nothing like this.
You have just 1 doors at start then you can pick what room type you want to add in this place:
1 - passage - just a corridor with 1-3 spots for mobs and 1 exit.
2 - fork - 2-3 spots for mobs and 2 exits.
3 - intersection - 3 spots for mobs and 3 exits.
Some of those exits can be unusable because they are pointed to walls of previously placed rooms. All of those 3 room types have few versions. Version, amount and types of spots in room are random - set in moment you build room.
Size of maze doesn't grant orange slots. Bigger maze means more spots, so more chances to roll one, but nothing granted for sure. Seen max size - 9 rooms - mazes without single orange.

Only way to see maze map is to draw one. There is nothing in game that could help you. There is some addon for maze maps but it is not very reliable and in some cases can be confusing it doesn't use any maps and only draws lines recording your moves.