You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 12:41pm

Adjustment of the exchange rate for Gold / Crystal trades

Here you can discuss the news about Fixing the exchange rate

Quoted

Dear players,

As you may have noticed, the rate for exchanging Crystals to Gold <-> Gold to Crystals changed dramatically over the course of time. We have been reviewing the logs as to the cause of the over inflated cost in Crystal to Gold (and vica versa) exchange and have found that some users abused a Gold exploit bug.

The after effect of this abuse has caused the high costs of the Crystals and has damaged the servers economy, forcing us to take such drastic actions to rectify the situation.

As a result, we will be banning all involved accounts and will adjust the exchange rate.

Players who have been banned because of this are requested to submit a support ticket here

Your Allods.com team
The Sky Is Not The Limit, It Is Only The Genesis Of Dreams.
General InGame Rules|| Account Ownership Rules || Forum Code Of Conduct|| Signature Rules

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 8:37pm

when can we expect that this adjustment of the exchange rate will happen?

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 8:42pm

Nyashiro

Intermediate

This adjustment has already happened.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 8:53pm

Windstorm

Trainee

It happened ,but as every wonder ,it didn't stayed long .The rate is again almost same as it was before ...

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 9:05pm

Wonder who was privy to the information of the coming currency exchange changes to ready themselves. Also Mod's (Tey) as privied my.com associates you should merge the topic's for attention from staff since this one was created after the one Here

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 9:22pm

Bullshit i will not support a ticket, where i have to admit "I admit that I have violated the End-User License Agreement and/or Terms of Service" as an option !

so u admit to doing something wrong, when u have done nothing wrong..... why dont u guys just admit that you just killed about 30-40 heavy CS players... that actually converted with legit money, and again there is nothing in the end user agreement that states you cant do this, so this whole subject is BIAS ! just admit it, this is one giant .. F up.

Ps. i reportet u for writing non sense!

next question if u look ingame the exchange is going up again, what will you do to the ppl that exchange now ? ban them as well, cause they are basically doing the same thing u just banned all us for

EDIT * For the ppl unrightfully banned will there be an excuse ?!?! we are loosing Champion fight days, Raid days, Astral keys Etc etc etc.. progression over all ?! this u can Answer!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Manaxs" (May 22nd 2014, 9:31pm)

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 9:55pm

I wonder what you would think if you knew none of the pay to play exploiter's were banned. The only difference between the two server's during the exploit period was that the currency exchanger gave player's the ability to see currency fluctuations.

Edit: missplaced an , "e"

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 10:13pm

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 10:41pm

Dolce

Beginner

Pretty sure you haven't actually "reviewed" anything at all, just chose a chunk of people that use the shard vender, slammed your ban hammer, and hoped you got a few of the actual exploiters.

Thursday, May 22nd 2014, 10:46pm

Rowlow

Beginner

I knew this was going to be a huge problem if Gpotato didn't fix the economy before the merge, and now what are we left with? People being banned, people making money off the new lowered exchange, and a clusterfluck of an economy.

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 12:12am

Mizzie

Beginner

You cannot simply ban players who have tonne of gold. Should sue Gpotato for ignoring the Trade Route exploits after I reported it as early as early Jan 2014 but waited months (March) before taking any action and that's like banning 4-5 players who BUGGED TR. Too bad I cannot access my PMs with GM PioPico since they removed Allods from their website or I could SS them for everyone to read. But banning people who used REAL LIFE MONEY to buy shard and then converted to gold is just RIDICULOUS.

YOU CANNOT PUNISH PLAYERS BECAUSE THE PREVIOUS MANAGEMENT SUCKED. WE REPORTED THE EXPLOIT AND THEY DID NOTHING.
Mizz/TuneTalk :thumbup:

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 12:20am

Mizzie

Beginner

WELL MAYBE PLAYERS WHO SPENT REAL LIFE MONEY CAN ASK FOR REFUND FROM THIS NEW MANAGEMENT SINCE THEY CAN PUNISH PLAYERS FOR THE PREVIOUS MISMANAGEMENTS FROM GPOTATO? :thumbsup:
Mizz/TuneTalk :thumbup:

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 12:42am

Was any league player's banned?
Or was the player's targeted any Empire who made purchases from the currency exchanger when it was removed at 33g-49g which would explain why it was reverted back to 34g. I know for certain there were no or very few participating exploiters banned, and only from F2P server but you have to wonder how small a scope they used to target anyone for what reason's. It's interesting really.

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 1:11am

Well I can say this much. This ban is mostly towards what has happened on the new server. People who logged in right away, summoned a goblin and sold 20+million gold to the exchanger.

I myself spent several thousand dollars on the NA server converting the shards into gold. But the thing is I didn't convert any of it on the new server. And I am not banned.
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 2:06am

I know when the servers were about to be merged I converted everything to gold (gpots and shards). I have no confidence in whoever runs allods to make sure crystals were not lost. I wasn't in a rush to get updated and logged on so the shard price was up by the time I finally got in game.

I just don't see how buying shards with all of your gold is wrong. That's what its there for. Were people supposed to wait until the price went up to make it fair. LOL. The people that should be banned are the ones that abused a glitch, not the ones that used that system as it is designed to work.

Its going to be some interesting reading on some of the MMO sites.

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 2:48am

Quoted

Well I can say this much. This ban is mostly towards what has happened on the new server. People who logged in right away, summoned a goblin and sold 20+million gold to the exchanger.

That is part of what makes this so suspect. As a player who has purchased over 600k, and can still log in while player's who have done less are banned is amazing to consider. Allod's does not offer any player incentive for giving them information to aid them, and from what this team has shown us to be expected could only discourage any new players from trusting them either.

Quoted

I myself spent several thousand dollars on the NA server converting the shards into gold. But the thing is I didn't convert any of it on the new server. And I am not banned.

This is the response from a fear tactic employed by the previous publisher when after ripping the currency from the player's would not spend the necessary money to fix the issue they themselves created that players exploited. Returned kindness from being exploited themselves by the publisher taxing player's out of interest decreasing the population. And now when you think about it it's less likely you will purchase currency from a vendor with funds you have accumulated for fear you may be punished for using a feature they have provided.

Quoted

To my knowledge we did not receive any information regarding who did what etc when it comes to the old publishers and bug (or any) reporting.

Only reinforces a belief that you're team has no actual access to any of the data collected during gameplay under the previous publisher making the profile they created to target player's speculatory, and uses one team managers idea of what an exploiters activity would look like to be rule used to terminate an account. After reading it appear's you're team used the same vague email as the posted message to report to player's they had participated in deceptive behavior of somekind that is not actually against ToS. If you have proof of their exploit's include it in the notice so they have no reason to dispute the action's, and understand why it is in violation to something in the agreement.

Quoted

I won't submit a support ticket because of the "i admit guild.." check box as I am not guilty!
please use: http://support.my.com/games/formTicket/?&questionId=9 this ticket template to discuss the issue instead.

Anyone who look's at the ticket submission form provided will see it is entrapment, and can be used against a player who fill's one out because it indicates a requirement to incriminate ones self to prompt a response from the management who punished them.

Quoted

why now.. why was something not done earlier?

Because you're team was unprepared, and when provided the information necessary to prevent any negative impact on the communities playerbase you failed. You could have frozen the currency rate to prevent inflation, but instead decided to wait to use at a later date a fallible means of determining who violated ToS without accessible supporting evidence. You're team could have rolled back the currency rate at anytime, because you had a reason (playerbase was suffering on the F2P server.) To do so you victimized player's who did not participate in any violation's to make an example of when you are the example we know to be at fault. As I said previously I know for certain you did not ban player's who have directly exploited, and you're team also reduced the player's investigated to a very small event in the timeline available to you're team on the F2P server excluding P2P which indicates lack of actual event exploit's and focusing on F2P currency exchange use on Empire side.

Quoted

I'm sure I have missed something, but I'm too shattered to spot what that is right now.

A player incriminating themselves is the only mean's that you're team may be able to find them in violation of ToS, and I ask you the simplest of question's to keep it at you're level of understanding during the "shatter" cloud, "After reviewing over the course of two month's the cascade of incompetence of you're team, and it's ability to provide a service what can you say to a returning, present, or potential player that would possibly encourage them to invest anytime in you're game?"

P.S: A currency vendor is used to trading currency either way, and it is not an exploit to use it. It is an exploit to abuse an unintended feature of the game to profit from, but without evidence of that abuse there is no reason to presume guilt. What is on display currently is that any player is subject to assumed guilt for using a feature you provide, and what is next banning those who create to much amalgam? Maybe purchase to many gold dust before the upcoming patch release that earns some profit perhaps?
Almost forgot, I am a dirty exploiter, and I exploited you're currency exchanger today after it reset. As a player I am expected to test the integrity of you're system, but as a management team you are expected by all to be better.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Splatter" (May 23rd 2014, 3:29am)

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 3:37am

I won't convert shards cause my need for anything is very minimal in this game. I converted for all that gold so I wouldn't need to worry about the cost of upgrades. Epic on epic to make legends is sickening when you see the % and the gold cost. 800+ gold for 2 or 3% is just wonderful.
I do not answer to mods, only official staff on payroll

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 3:48am

It's ridiculous that people can be punished for SUPPORTING this game with REAL MONEY spent on a LEGITIMATE in-game mechanic (currency converter).

If it was such a serious issue for the people who manage the game they should have just disabled the currency exchange feature or removed the NPC altogether. Keeping the NPC in the game and expecting players to not use it is unrealistic folly. What's worse is that they didn't even ASK players to stop using the currency converter. They were just silent, waiting until NOW to fix the problem because "too busy with other stuff."

You can't punish people who didn't exploit and scam gold for playing what is essentially the stock market. It's smart economics - sell gem shards when the gold rate is high, buy gem shards when the gold rate is low. Are we going to punish players who buy low and sell high on the AH too?

If it's the previous management's fault then you have to take it up with them, NOT on the players. The players reported the exploits that caused the currency rate to skyrocket and Gpotato barely did anything.

The game runners are literally biting the hand that feeds them, by getting rid of veteran, loyal players who support this game with their money. Not only did they offend the people with bogus allegations, but they are setting these people back in progression. Honestly, I have not seen a similar situation on another game mismanaged so poorly.

Here, you are found guilty until proven innocent, with no access to the incriminating "evidence" against you (without entrapping yourself), and no way to defend yourself from your accuser.

This game is being run like a police state, and I don't like it one bit.

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 4:21am

LOL

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Manaxs" (May 23rd 2014, 5:47pm)

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 4:43am

After merge, as an EU player me and many ppl wrote their opinions about high exchange rate.
And always same players acted like nothing happened in NA server or its a normal thing to lost more than half of our golds in a night!
They defended the game system and the economy like attorney of the Mail.RU!

Now u can see almost all of them in the other thread (which is about banned players) while cursing the mail.ru and the devs!