You are not logged in.

Monday, February 17th 2020, 10:41pm

If you could gear up to maximum solo (or with automatic groupsearch), would you do it?

44%

Yes, max gearscore here i come! (11)

24%

I already gearup and take the hassle of forming a group and i am happy with that (6)

20%

I already gearup and take the hassle of forming a group but i would prefer an easier system to gear to maximum (5)

12%

No, i dont care / i like to spend my gold rather on runes than on gear (3)

Playing everyday, i see different kinds of players

some who gear up to the highest yellow 115% / dragonrelics (34k or something like this) - those are the enthusiasts which do not let anything come infront of their way to superiority through gear
some with ~ 30.000 gearscore or a bit higher, these do gear up but no heroic instances (115%)
some with clearly below 30.000, either reincarnations or those who do not bother to gearup (either to save gold or because even if they would go to 30k those with 34k would still be superior)

i know all these "stances" because i often skipped gearing up completely to save gold,
i once geared up to almost the maximum when with wild lands / loose groups and crafting (glyphs!) you could get max (battlegrounds were like cutting butter with a hot knife then)
and mostly doing the normal astral but not heroic 115% (as finding groups & coordination is FAR too much effort for me and ruins the fun)
i geared up this time aswell, being at ~30.000 gs now, with teal and yellow parts but i dontgearup further as there is coming a gearreset with next patch so it would be a total waste to put time and gold in gear at this time

i want to ask the participants of this forum (especially those wo dot not gearup to max currently) if things would change for you if there was an option to gearup to max without forming a group. This could either happen through an automatic reward fromabttleground or through hard distortions (solo instance) or an automatic groupfinder for heroic instances along with proper mercenaries which can deal with the advanced stats and tactics we find in heroics - along with dragon-relics being a reward from battleground again like it was at level 51 patch

Would you gearup tp the max then, if the "find a group" effort would no longer exist? For me it is a certain "YES" but i want to know your opinions too. Please vote

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 18th 2020, 8:48pm)

Tuesday, February 18th 2020, 1:03am

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

tbh everyone should have 31k+, 90/90 from Al rihat and relic in the dropable slots those who are under 30k gs are misinformed how to gear up
I am PioPico

Tuesday, February 18th 2020, 11:33am

i gear up cuz on p2p you using gold only for that, evrythink else drop from doing content, so thers no point on saving gold, as you can't get stronger by alternative way

you need gear up to get wizard amulet fragments/ klepie fragments from heroic, to drop skills to your armor shell from obs

also to kick buts in domi eazier so your guild will get more relegar to buy stats/talents/rubies or even missing demon gear whos not droped from obs

and to fighting in bg make you more fun, as you will be litte stronger then person whos ahead with gear, and he can't be stronger than you until he outplay you or you fly in group 1vs3

in p2p i feeled pover of gear, as sometimes in competetive fight in domi, it's made diference did i surive or not enemy burst, or did i will have inaf stats to outheal enemy dmg as engi

when i played in f2p, gering was no mater for me as it's not gived me much advantage when i was ahead with cs

but also answering for question

Quoted

Would you gearup tp the max then, if the "find a group" effort would no longer exist? For me it is a certain "YES" but i want to know your opinios to

it's how i play in p2p, as insted of group search i just ask for ppl in guild as thers no cs gap, and practicly you can take evryone to do content and thay will not down you much as max diference compare to veteran is x2-x3 dmg diference

(totaly new noob doing 200-350k dmg while veteran 550-650k)

other think what advantage p2p give, is evryone is instanlty invited to discord, and like most ppl use 1 (guild discord) and secound (leauge+emps discord) so you can't tell is you taking "random ppl" as you make know how others perform cuz you see them on obs/guild keeper, so making a team and cordinating is much eazier then in f2p when you see a person first time on eyes

Quoted

i want to ask the participants of this forum (especially those wo dot not gearup to max currently) if things would change for you if there was an option to gearup to max without forming a group. This could either happen through an automatic reward fromabttleground or through hard distortions (solo instance) or an automatic groupfinder for heroic instances along with proper mercenaries which can deal with the advanced stats and tactics we find in heroics - along with dragon-relics being a reward from battleground again like it was at level 51 patch

in next patch making craftable eq gona be eazier, much eazier, as it's no longer requre forged dust (somethink like in 51lv patch) and also eq gona be drop from battlegruounds, so i think it's solving much your problem as "solo" player

- is tho from new raid gona drop +1 color gear, so even if you get gear eazier, you will need to do some heroics to overperform that gear (109% min)

but also as solo player you got option to buy 103%-106% from bg, and privat allods but it's bit expensive if you care about gold

half-solo option is 3vs3 too

This post has been edited 13 times, last edit by "Noah1" (Feb 18th 2020, 12:12pm)

Thursday, February 20th 2020, 6:12am

So your point that you hate that progress because it's mostly limited to a group progress and you'd love to do it if it was a solo thing... That just greedy, and selfish.
IMO the "not fun part" for you is really fun for others, reaching the goal is not the only fun, going through the jorny of reaching that goal is also part of the fun, and it'd be even better if you go through that with your friends -which mine don't play anymore that's why I lost the motive to do group events- MMOs aren't meant to be solo played.

However I do agree with Pio that you saying that you have 30k+gs is "gearing up" 30420 gs = full fable 100% without tabard/dragon relics so you just bought an old layer gear from al-rihat and then made a small effort to upgradethem by 10%... with full 100% and relic astral and level 4 artifacts and few dragon relic you'd hit like 32k gs with no effort.
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Bring It On! Cuz I'm Just Gonna Grow Up In The Battle HEY !!

Timed Artifacts: The hidden value
Blanks In Chat?

Thursday, February 20th 2020, 7:47pm

tbh everyone should have 31k+, 90/90 from Al rihat and relic in the dropable slots those who are under 30k gs are misinformed how to gear up
Totally. Reason why 30k is common is many were like screw it, gearreset ante portas so only the direct drops were used for gearup from then.

Thursday, February 20th 2020, 7:56pm

i gear up cuz on p2p you using gold only for that, evrythink else drop from doing content, so thers no point on saving gold, as you can't get stronger by alternative way
Haha thats a good reason :) I would go crazy if i had nothing to do with my gold :D

Quoted

it's how i play in p2p, as insted of group search i just ask for ppl in guild as thers no cs gap, and practicly you can take evryone to do content and thay will not down you much as max diference compare to veteran is x2-x3 dmg diference

Isnt this also related to a lower population? But anyway, my problem never was not being able to properly dps if needed, i target the problem of organization in general.
There are people who will quit after the 1st wipe, there are people who suddenly drop out, etc. Thats why i prefer mercenaries as they are absolutely reliable. Of course you could try to find players who are reliable aswell but even if they are, people have to do other things than playing games aswell so it will be hard to find time togehter for 6 players. This is the point where i quit. I enjoy battleground because you press "enter" and it starts. As it should be.

Quoted

in next patch making craftable eq gona be eazier, much eazier, as it's no longer requre forged dust (somethink like in 51lv patch) and also eq gona be drop from battlegruounds, so i think it's solving much your problem as "solo" player

- is tho from new raid gona drop +1 color gear, so even if you get gear eazier, you will need to do some heroics to overperform that gear (109% min)

but also as solo player you got option to buy 103%-106% from bg, and privat allods but it's bit expensive if you care about gold

half-solo option is 3vs3 too
I like the idea of getting gear from battleground. We will see how much this really changes tho.

Thursday, February 20th 2020, 8:10pm

So your point that you hate that progress because it's mostly limited to a group progress and you'd love to do it if it was a solo thing... That just greedy, and selfish.
IMO the "not fun part" for you is really fun for others, reaching the goal is not the only fun, going through the jorny of reaching that goal is also part of the fun, and it'd be even better if you go through that with your friends -which mine don't play anymore that's why I lost the motive to do group events- MMOs aren't meant to be solo played.

However I do agree with Pio that you saying that you have 30k+gs is "gearing up" 30420 gs = full fable 100% without tabard/dragon relics so you just bought an old layer gear from al-rihat and then made a small effort to upgradethem by 10%... with full 100% and relic astral and level 4 artifacts and few dragon relic you'd hit like 32k gs with no effort.

I dont hate progress, the effort is simply too big. After i come home from work i want to play without further ado, like battleground works. Start game, press join, play.
If i have to ask multiple people and coordinate to ge things done it kills the fun, i rather stay in inferior gear then.
I never played any game to find friends. I play games to battle others, not to befriend them. The soloplayer thing is limited to leveling and PVE things. I do enjoy the other players in the battleground and in the auctions.
Easy raids with autogroup are acceptable aswell, i like how this works.

If i want to talk about gamethings i come to the forum. But if i play, i dont want to talk, i want to press buttons and see my char fighting.
Gearscore is just an example. As we will see a new gearset soon i no longer care about the current at all. I am aware even without the heroic instances and 115% upgraders one can do well. This thread was more meant to research how other players view the topic in general, considering it would be more enjoyabe if gearing up to max was simplified.

Thursday, February 20th 2020, 8:56pm

Rayofsshadow

Intermediate

just do AR easy mode raid and bg´s n astral easy 31k gs, sometimes solo NM obs, which I just made a Vid for this week on the boss U can
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9xgrSVgt_0 , but yeah Heroics and HM raid and domi/raid domi is the things u need to grp up for only tho. Yeah gear reset soon, but the idea is stil the same with gearing :P
I am PioPico

Sunday, February 23rd 2020, 2:07am

Interesting video, thanks for sharing! i should try that 8o

gearing might change some day in the future
i remember when i enteres this game and learned about gearup and loot and strenght being dependent on astralgear and all these things, was level 51 max then
mercenaries have just been added to the game (i remember as there was a well done banner on the website showing rowdy, matron, stormer and all the others , saying mercenaries have arrived) - i actually had just skipped xaes (level 10 instance) as i was like "lets see how far you can get solo in this game" - i will be come later when im stronger

they were very expensive so i had chosen to save the gold and upgrade my runes instead; was a good thing, still have my runes but i dont even really remember the level 51 gear which is completeley worthless
BC exchange rate was like 1:7, farmed all day in frontier and later, when i was stronger due to KOE-gear i spent some time on wandering isle killing the undead there
why i am telling this? 1st because i love telling stories on this forum about the game we all love and enjoy and 2nd because i makes me think about the gearup thing: later, the NPC gathering at astralacademy has been added: every 30 minutes (was it?) a free mercenary run. place was so crowded it broke my weak internetconnection in a way of permanent red ping and no chars at all visible. still spent the whole day playing that day, doing astral with all my reincarnations, it gave a lot of gold and i loved to be finally able to do it without the pain of either wasting my beloved gold or the hassle of finding a group. there simply was a group or i got free mercenaries. pure awesome. this made me gear up to a certain level , farming became easier, gold became more, runes went up and items were bought and i soon started doing battlegrounds as with somehow decent gear it was finally possible to actually become quite effective without being dependent on ambushing single weaker players to get a simple kill (although i still love doing this)then we had wild shore and i could gear up just by fighting mosnters in an open map where even PVP and banners of war wereqavailable plus we got a bloodlust-stat which made me heal up by killing things. my wildest dreams came true. no more astral at all, just wellebell farming. trading astralkeys for gear. farming refractors for the heavy farmers... probably best gearup mechanic we ever had. i think i missed not a single day to gearup

later, the dungeonsearch-menu was added and i was amazed. somehow sad wild shore was gone but joining a dungeon for free from everywhere cheered me up. i became happy and started gearing up regularly
this games gearing up has eveolved so much.
later miniseasons to make sure returning players arent forever behind until next major patch (1 year!) and al rihat to ensure the catchup happens fast and simple for those who want to do it
so we might see some further improvements for gearup in the future :love:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Feb 24th 2020, 12:44pm)

Monday, February 24th 2020, 12:11pm

Doesn't surprise me seeing this from you, AOP xD
I fully stand behind the "mmorpg is a group/raid experience" so the word solo doesn''t exist for me here.
I play for the players and the social aspects of the game, getting to know people over the world is often interesting. Group play is an important aspect for me!

Monday, February 24th 2020, 12:53pm

i am not surprised to read this from you either, Dragagon :P
i remember when ferris patch was new and there was this one player asking to form a group for hunting mobs who would not get tired to inform everyone in worldchat. was the 1st time i notoced you, i liked your obvious passion for what you did

game should offer both (kinda does already anyway, just the 115% thing missing) but it should be easier is a group