You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 20th 2020, 3:04am

[BUG] (Version 11.0.01.35.1) Shell is Unequipped after Dismounting

I'm not sure if this is the right place to provide awareness for this bug. But I hope it brings the attention about it to where it's necessary (to the developers).
Since the latest update (as of this writing, version 11.0.01.35.1), if the player equips a Shell, for example a 'Monolith' Shell, and then Mounts a regular mount, then the Shell becomes un-equipped after Dismounting; either dismounting manually, or because of combat.
Before the patch, when a player equipped a Shell and then mounted any one of their mounts, they would always keep the Shell equipped when entering combat or dismounting manually.
So, in other words, it makes equipping a Shell practically useless, because we constantly need to use our Mounts on a regular basis. Or, it means that running dungeons would be preferable while staying on foot and keeping the Shell equipped, but no one does that. It's a bug, and frankly a "problem" now because people buy their Shells, upgrade them, etc... and then they realize they won't really get a chance to use them, with maybe the exception of places like the Observatory or Battle Vs Keeper (places where the Mount is not a priority or used regularly). In places like Astral runs the Mount is favored in order to speed up the process, so in Astral trying to equip the Shell is a headache.
I just wanted to bring this bug to the attention of the developers because it wasn't like this prior to the latest patch.
Thanks.

Sunday, September 20th 2020, 8:15am

Make sure you have Auto Defense skill active.

Sunday, September 20th 2020, 11:49pm

Oh I wasn't aware of that skill. I learned it was from the Inventor manuscript.
Before the patch, I had an Unstable (Legendary) Assault Shell, and it must have included that Auto Defense skill, before I never lost it when dismounting. After the patch came out, I didn't have that Unstable Shell anymore, and decided to buy a new one (and upgraded it), but it didn't have that skill, since I never buy any of the Inventor manuscripts before. Also, I only came back playing the game in August, after 7 years, so all the stuff related to Shells was unknown to me.
So it wasn't a bug, it was just a missing skill from a manuscript.
Thanks for this reply because I'm not sure I would have ever found out about it otherwise.
(And on a side note I have the skill now, and also got the Gallop skill too)