You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, November 3rd 2020, 9:47pm

ironist

Trainee

• "ironist" started this thread

[PMB 11.1] Rave's Full PvE DPS Engineer Guide

[PMB 11.1] Rave's Full PvE DPS Engineer Guide

★Table of Content★

1. About Me

Who Am I?

• Hey everyone,

This is your fellow engineer friend Rave who has been playing on Smugglers Paradise (p2p server) for 4 years and is currently a member of Legacy. I have started to play engineer with 10.0 thanks to all those buffs to its aspect of support. However, this thread's topic is not engineer's capacity to support its allies perfectly but its capacity to be the best DPS class in the game as of 11.1. This is exactly why I like to play engineer - to utilize (*abuse*) its capacity to be the best support and DPS in the game.

In this guide, hopefully, you will be taught how to play Engineer DPS effectively in any kind of PvE content and hopefully, you will be worthy of being an engineer!

About Engineer

• The reason why Engineer is currently the best DPS class in the game is that it can deal both single and AOE target DPS at the same time. Unlike some of the other classes, engineer's ability to deal damage does not depend on any kind of RNG; thus, making engineer's DPS more consistent than the other classes'. On the other hand, Engineer can easily CC a group of mobs no matter how many mobs there are as well as gathering them together - which makes it so easier for everyone to deal AOE damage. In addition to that, engineer can use purify the whole raid twice in a row, which makes it very practical in situations where healers are too slow to purify.

• The class resource that Engineer has is reactor which enables you to use your skills - Reactor Blowdown and Burst of Mana. You can use these skills to heat or cool your reactor only if your reactor is heated or cooled by 200! I will touch upon this later in the guide.

2. What's New

Update 11.0.01.00

• The action of the "Supremacy" characteristic: increases all the damage of mechanisms, as well as the abilities "Purge the reactor" and "Mana release".
  • Ability "Acid Bomb": The cooldown is now 18 seconds. (previously 30 sec.).
  • Ability "Frag Bomb": The cooldown is now 18 seconds. (previously 30 sec.).
  • Ability "Burst of Mana": The cooldown is now 3 seconds. (previously 5 sec.).
  • Ability "Light Turret": The cooldown is now 8 seconds. (previously 15 sec.).
  • Ability "Acid Turret": The cooldown is now 8 seconds. (previously 15 sec.).
  • Ability Force Field: The cooldown is now 60/50/40 sec. (previously 90/80/70 sec.).
  • Ability "Iron Curtain": the cooldown is now 45/35/25 seconds. (previously 60/50/40 sec.).
  • Ability "Energy Barrier": the cooldown is now 35 seconds.
  • Ability "Critical Mass": the cooldown is now 45 seconds.
  • Ability "Teleport": the cooldown is now 90 seconds.
  • Ability "Protective Perimeter": now imposes the "Protection" effect.
  • Ability "Reload": Fixed description.
  • Ability "Concentrate": Now applies instantly. The cooldown is 20/12/7 seconds.
  • Sanitarium Ability: No longer requires Tears of the Dragon. The visual size has been greatly reduced, the Sanatorium no longer applies protection effects. Changed the location of the ability. Recovery time: 2 min. Action time: 4/6/8 sec.
  • Ability "Red threat": increased damage done, radius of damage reduced to 15 m. No longer imposes any positive effects on allies. Imposes the effects "Cowardice" and "Weakness" on enemies.
  • The racial ability "Evil Genius": Now applies the "Valor" effect to allies instead of the "Cunning" effect.
  • Milestone "Gravitational anomaly": now imposes on the group members the effect of "Protection" instead of reducing damage.
  • Milestone "Rabbit hole": the effect no longer heals, but reduces the received damage by 25%.
  • Milestone "Catalization": now increases the indicator of domination.
  • Milestone "Firing line": now increases the rate of fire of the turret by 25/35/50% and does not depend on the speed indicator.
  • Milestone "Thermal signature": the duration of the effect is increased to 5 seconds.
  • Milestone "Extraction": no longer imposes additional effects and does not dispel control effects.
  • Milestone "Energy circuit": now imposes on allies the effect of "Protection" when using the skill "Energy barrier" for 1 sec.
  • Milestone "Surge of health": the duration of the effect "Waiting for the tide" is now 40 seconds. Healing increase efficiency reduced to 50%.
  • Milestone "Supermassive particles": no longer increases the damage of allies.

• Ability "Colossus": the damage done is reduced by 40%.
  • Ability "Red Alert": damage done is reduced by 38%.
  • Milestone "Firing line": fixed a problem due to which the milestone did not increase the rate of fire of the "Acid turret".

• Ability "Disable mechanisms": the use of the skill no longer destroys mercenaries and other assistants.

• Ability "Red Alert": damage dealt is decreaseed by 30%.

• I have gathered all the changes to engineer above in order to make it easy for you to find how engineer became a "must have DPS class" in every PvE content. Even though there are some nerfs to its kit, the buffs outweigh the nerfs.

Rave

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "ironist" (Nov 4th 2020, 11:16am)

Tuesday, November 3rd 2020, 10:26pm

ironist

Trainee

3. DPS Build & Characteristics

Talents & Rubies

• The time has come my fellow engineer comrades! Here is my build and the rotation that I use.

• !EXCLAIMER! Keep in mind that we do not have as much talent points and rubies on P2P server as they do on F2P server. This build consists of 75 talent points and 71 rubies!

If you have more rubies, you can get the ruby that is squared with red.

If you have more rubies, you can get the rubies that are squared with red.

• I will not explain what each skill does since you may as well read it in game. However, I will explain the reason why I chose those rubies when the time comes (which is in 5th section of the guide).

Characteristics

• 11.1 also changed so much about stats. Again, instead of explaining what every stat does, I will focus on what Engineer needs the most.

• Even though Supremacy increases the damage dealt by engineer's turrets, reactor blowdon and burst of mana abilities, it is better to distribute them to Proficiency, Determination and Brutality. You can get Luck around 500. Make sure you have at least 1 Determination more than both Prof and Brutality. Because support's Valiance buff will increase the stat that you have the most between those 3.

• For the defensive stats, get maximum Vitality you can get and then get Survivability around 400-500 (if you have healer), Caution around 400-500 and Bloodlust around 500-600. The amount you need will depend on the amount of stats you have.

• For the artifacts, use Victory Cross, Dragon Aspis, and Unity Triquetrum especially if you have rank 5 of it since it increases the AoE damage they take by up to 10% with every stack they get from you whenever you deal AoE damage.

4. Racial & World Mystery Abilities

Racial Abilities

• In this section of the guide, I will talk about the necessary racial abilities that you should use instead of yammering about each and every one of them. If you are an engineer, you can get to be Gibberling and Kanian or Arisen and Xadaganian. Before we begin, keep in mind that when you use one racial ability, the rest of the racial abilites goes on cooldown as well. So, be careful when you use them!

• Engineer releases reactor's energy charge and disorients enemies within 20 yars in front of them for 3 seconds. This skill is a life-saver in situations where you need to deal AOE damage and keep the mobs stunned at the same time. It is also great for chain stun - Double Spider Suppressors + Aoidos Fire + Flash Charge = The most satisfying feeling in the world. Just be careful where you are facing before using it!

• Heals an ally and applies "Power" buff for 6 seconds. Why would you need this when you have a support behind you buffing Valiance 24/7, amirite? What's great about this skill is that you can use this on your turrets OR even better, on YOUR COLOSSUS!

World Mystery Ability

• Increases Proficiency, Determination, and Brutality by 70 for all party members. This skill also affects YOUR COLOSSUS and your ALLIED ENGINEERS' COLOSSUSES!

Rave

This post has been edited 14 times, last edit by "ironist" (Nov 9th 2020, 10:42am)

Tuesday, November 3rd 2020, 10:41pm

ironist

Trainee

5. Tips & Rotation

Rotation

• Tips:
  • If you have time, try to stack up your turrets. You can keep 3 turrets up all the time! Keep spamming those god damn acid turrets!
  • Make sure you've filled your determination bar before using Red Alert. Or else it won't deal as much damage as you expect it to.
  • Keep in mind that Bard's Victory Hymn and Engineer's Master Plan can be used simultaneously. Use them to buff your colossus and your turrets!
  • Use Critical Mass whenever you can.
  • Keep in mind that the ability Destructive Shots works as a DoT, which basically means that only use it when you have filled your determination bar to deal maximum damage with it.

• Rotation:
  • Stack your Acid Turrets. Start with Critical Mass + Frag Bomb + Acid Bomb.
  • Acid Bomb and Frag Bomb apply 3 stacks of Toxic Agent and Projectiles effects which increase your next 3 Grapeshot and Toxic Volley damage by 90%.
    Use 2xToxic Volley + Reactor Blowdown and then 2xGrapeshot + Reactor Blowdown.
  • Make sure to use your Reactor Blowdown when your reactor is cooled or heated by 200!
  • Try to watch your trinket - try to use your Colossus when it pops and try to combine your Colossus with Master Plan & Victory Hymn and use your racial skill on your Colossus!
  • Keep repeating this rotation.

6. Epilogue

Epilogue

• If you have been able to bear with me until here, well done! Now you can get out there and prove yourself by claiming the 1st place in your raid's DPS meter. I hope this guide was somewhat useful to you and that you have been able to grasp a few things. Have fun!

Rave

This post has been edited 12 times, last edit by "ironist" (Nov 4th 2020, 2:35am)

Tuesday, November 3rd 2020, 10:45pm

ironist

Trainee

The End

Rave

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "ironist" (Nov 4th 2020, 1:42am)

Wednesday, November 4th 2020, 12:20am

ironist

Trainee

Thank you for spending your time reading this guide. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Rave

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "ironist" (Nov 4th 2020, 1:44am)

Thursday, December 24th 2020, 7:04pm

Well made guide, was much easier to catching up
i like also pink+while color on text and idea with spoilers