You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 9:03am

Ankush

Trainee

• "Ankush" started this thread

How many highest lvl alchemy crafts b4 u lvl up by 1 more

Hi all,

First of all here is what i understood about alchemy so far
1] alchemy lvl= herbalism lvl
2] max alchemy lvl = current character lvl
3] to lvlup try crafting max lvl recipes.

Now here is the question i wanted to ask veterans.
a] How many no of attempts it takes to increase alchemy lvl by 1 . ex if I am alchemy 31 how many 31 lvl recipes do I need to craft to get to lvl 32?
where I am only counting attempts that give max lvl potion.
b] Does it depend on the number of potions u make?
c] does it depend on the current lvl of alchemy?
d] Do max lvl potions need to be made continuously i.e. lvl 32 five times without low lvl inbetween to lvl up to 33 etc
e] I hope it has nothing to do with number of corrections u make as that will make lvling total luck.

From my exp so far lower lvl 5-25 used to lvl up in just 2-3 attempts that give max lvl potion, around lvl 30 it was ~ 5 attempts. today I got many potions of lvl 32 but alchemy lvl is not increasing to lvl 33 (and in case u ask I am lvl 36 atm)

So can some1 kindly answer above questions?

Thanks in advance
-Ankush

It would be great to visually see how many potions to get to lvl up furthur.

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 10:37am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

From when I leveled alchemy, I kinda felt that the amount of potions you need to level up slightly increases. Every potion made in -4 level range from max current level gives profession exp and it doesn't matter if you make 5 top level potions in a row or 3 top and like 6 lower levels. The crafting exp needed for level increases gradually.

And for the visual effect of potions you need to level, you can make 1 top level potion and count how much more you need to fill the exp bar to 100% And I think that the gained exp doesn't change from how many potions your craft got you.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 11:00am

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

In game, press K there u have your current craft exp bar.
When u lvl up alchemy:
  • do only 3 last potions on the recipe list (they give the most exp)
  • with higher lvl of alchemy u need do more potions to get next lvl (1st its 25% for each potion made, then its 15% >> 10% >> 8%)
  • use addons like Libre Alchemy https://alloder.pro/files/file/209-librealchemy/or Alchemy Pro https://alloder.pro/files/file/108-alchemypro/(both free of charge) - personally i like Alchemy pro
  • use flowers which ingredients needed for the potion are on the top position
  • there are some 'stops' on the way (near lvl 33 and 41 - as far as I know) when your exp will go slower bcz there are no new recipes (due to fact that some potions had been deleted from the list).

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 11:43am

Ankush

Trainee

thanks both of you.
that helped with most of the queries I had.

Only thing I cant see is my progress between lvls. Like how to tell if I am 31.5 or 31.9 and just 1 more to ding 32.

I will check the addon you mentioned later.

Btw I got good trick about lvling fast. I check the ingredients and choose herb which has as many of those as possible and use same herbs on multiple slots. This minimizes the corrections needed and also almost every time you will get the recipe you need within 4 corrections.

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 12:41pm

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

If u press K and point with mouse on the bar under the craft name it will tell you how many % you have already from the exp.

What I forgot to mention also:
  • the addons allow to auto fill up the vials after the right potion is withdraw
  • you can point the ingredient in the recipe and it will highlight the flower it has this aspect (if u have the bag on crafting tab opened).
  • for some mortars there are upgrades to buy at the NPC they increase the chance to get extra potions, give additional move etc - reassuming they should be bought and used on the mortar
  • and don't forget to change mortars after certain lvls (the lvls are listed on the mortars) as well as the sickle else you wont be able to do higher lvl potions or gather good quality herbs.

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 12:58pm

I'd agree with SΛΤΗΩ on the question of %gain per potion made, with a couple of caveats. First, that applies only to *successful* creation of a highest-available-level potion. Producing junk potions doesn't get you experience. Second, don't be afraid of phlogiston potions for this purpose. I levelled Alchemy as a *third* craft, so I didn't need to use phlogiston potions to gain craft-guild reputation, but they still give experience.

As a side note, to make life easier when levelling up, try to find ingredients that give several of the symbols needed for a particular potion. This way you gain flexibility, thus increasing your chances of making the potion you want. The key is that the symbols in the production interface do not need to be in any particular order, so I can get symbols X, Y, Z in any available order among the three columns that bear the common ingredient. If each column has a different ingredient, I don't get a second chance.

And Ankush, yes, the former gathering professions were merged with relevant crafting professions some time back. Tailoring now includes disassembly of cloth objects and Leatherworking includes disassembly of leather objects, while mining was merged into Blacksmithing. Weaponsmithing is newer still, and includes mining, but the first to be merged, as I heard it, were Alchemy and Herbalism.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Tuesday, May 27th 2014, 1:03pm

Only thing I cant see is my progress between lvls. Like how to tell if I am 31.5 or 31.9 and just 1 more to ding 32.

One of the tabs on your "I" panel (shows all your inventory slots, also rewards, reputation, etc, shows the progress you have made in your crafts. When you are trying to level Alchemy, it has the added advantage (compared to other crafts) of being visible at the same time as the crafting panel.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 10:50am

Ankush

Trainee

The addon mentioned earlier shows inbetween lvl and has much more functionality. All the answers I had, are resolved. so thanks and for anybody who is new to alchemy get the addon.