You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:06pm

Xaraman

Trainee

i agree about this, but there are hardly any players which put enourmous amounts of money AND time into the game
... and these few which do... i dont care getting killed by them sometimes since they pay for my game :P

Yeah, but there are a lot of players who haven't put half the amount of time you may have put in, but have spent a lot of money and could still pwn you. Correct?

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:30pm

i agree about this, but there are hardly any players which put enourmous amounts of money AND time into the game
... and these few which do... i dont care getting killed by them sometimes since they pay for my game :P

Yeah, but there are a lot of players who haven't put half the amount of time you may have put in, but have spent a lot of money and could still pwn you. Correct?

cant tell for sure since i actually have spent relatively few time with farming

most time i spend with allods is for having fun, not for making progress ;)

i need only a few minutes on auction house every day to secure my goldincome
if players have spent not much time its not hard to kill them

even for geared level 13 rune / full CS players im not a onehit
when playing i dont feel any disadvantage to those who donate much money which would be worth of speaking
ofc in 1 vs 1 they are superior, but in battlefield for example its not a real problem

the BIG gain is the BOOST you get from cash, for example there is a player which has started from the bottom a few weeks (3 or 4) ago and now outgears and outrunes me
he bought amalgam and mirage mount from auction house, he used puifying scrolls for cursed gear, used exp rolls and marks of fate scrolls ETC.

however the amout of money he spent was not worth it in my opinion
you can imagine how much it was with a bit fantasy

especially because i get questions from him now like "i am done with this game, what else to do?"

:S

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 1:28am

Fraust

Trainee

Sick of hearing this pay to win nonsense!

The RDJ is awesome and Hilarious but yes, it seems I am continuing to deal with it. lol. :P

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 1:32am

Fraust

Trainee

You kill, you quest and you level.

You have the option of investing real money to make the above easier and less time consuming.

No where does it say that you MUST invest real money to win at this game. And many players on the server(s) have proven that very fact.

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 2:37am

You have the option of investing real money to make the above easier and less time consuming.

No where does it say that you MUST invest real money to win at this game. And many players on the server(s) have proven that very fact.

amen to this

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 4:17am

yeahhh, paying to have that "boost" over someone isn't pay2win at all. lol ;p
CharlesbrnsonxAnger Management

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 3:37pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

amen to this
I even proved it myself more than enough (older players know) yet I still leave my opinion that this game is p2w and this patch more than ever.
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Friday, May 30th 2014, 5:14am

Fraust

Trainee

There is NOTHING that CS players can get that non-CS players can have over except level 5 of Patronage and Runes. Both of which are obtainable by hard work from non-CS players. The only difference here, as I said many times before, is time spent. CS players aren't better than the others. They simply got there faster. Your gear, stats and talents can be identical. Pay to win is when you cannot absolutely beat the game at the time without spending money. That's what it means to be pay to win. Plain and simple.

Time = Money You get to choose which you'll spend. The outcome will always remain the same. Only difference is one will get there faster than the other. Thus, proving this game is not p2w. getting stronger than someone faster doesn't make it pay to win. It would if this was strictly a pvp game but it isn't. That being said, lets take a closer look.

Lets say it takes a player one year to be the best player available. Best gear, best runes and best build. Then another player gets the identical setup. Only he paid cash for it. He was top notch well before the other, but when the two are identical, there is no difference. Same everything. Actual fair fight and all. Difference? One chose to spend time, the other chose to spend cash. Simple, right?

If any of you folks can show me where in this game that it states that you MUST pay in order to progress further then I'll shut up and agree with you that it is indeed pay to win. Otherwise, you're just blowing smoke rings in the dark... Lol.

:p

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fraust" (May 30th 2014, 5:21am) with the following reason: Addition

Friday, May 30th 2014, 6:00am

soo.. I'll need hemorrhoid cream if i plan on being top dawg and don't want to spend cash? sounds fun.
CharlesbrnsonxAnger Management

Friday, May 30th 2014, 9:19am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

But isn't Allods p2w when it takes whole summer of 85 hours per week game time to upgrade your runes by one level? The ones who can just pay for it have a huge advantage in that case. Let it be you have lvl 9 runes and to perform better in dominion against other top guilds, (besides active gearing up, because they don't snooze so you end up being behind if you focus on upgrading runes or gear, which is really extortionate at the moment imo), there is nothing else to do except upgrading runes to 10.

From my experience, being a free player you either need to have no other, at all, like none whatsoever activity in life to be able to "effectively" catch up to the paying players. I spent over 2,5 years of farming and it got me to have full lvl 8 runes and patronage 5. Not good enough to make myself feel welcome and somehow needed in a top guild because they have a tenfold of better cash shopped players.

Allods itself is a free to play game, you don't have to pay anything to be able to enjoy it, but the environment and other players themselves end up encouraging to you pay to feel sort of useful in the endgame competition. In this patch they ended up increasing the gap between free players and paying players by adding those expensive gear upgrading prices. I ended up spending my 1 week worth of farmed gold to just upgrade 2 rings to epic. I know that the progress has to be slow and everything but really, other people manage to upgrade much more because they are able to top up and exchange their crystals to gold to afford more upgrades faster.
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Friday, May 30th 2014, 12:13pm

Fraust

Trainee

Allods itself is a free to play game, you don't have to pay anything to be able to enjoy it, but the environment and other players themselves end up encouraging to you pay to feel sort of useful in the endgame competition. In this patch they ended up increasing the gap between free players and paying players by adding those expensive gear upgrading prices. I ended up spending my 1 week worth of farmed gold to just upgrade 2 rings to epic. I know that the progress has to be slow and everything but really, other people manage to upgrade much more because they are able to top up and exchange their crystals to gold to afford more upgrades faster.
That's true, and encouragement means nothing. Usefulness is similar to beauty, in lies in the eyes of the beholder. gear does cost more to upgrade, but with the stat system changed, gear at its current level isn't as bad as gear at that level/quality prior to the patch. The issue comes in hand because we compare the two and dislike the results. Thing is, they're so different any comparison won't look good. You would compare the mechanics of say, a DVD player to that of a pick up truck would you? Keyword here, faster. They do the same thing any other player does, they just spend less time and more money. Its all about speed. Its not required to pay to win, but if you want your progress to be faster, then paying will help with that goal. That is NOT what pay to win means at all and thus Allods is not a pay to win game. Also, the initial reason why the upgrading cost more is they're altering the value of everything in the game. Like the changed the game to show more of the rarity and quality of the Amalgam, they done the same thing to the upgrading process. With this new system upgrading your gear is a much bigger feat than it was prior to the patch so of course its going to cost more money and/work to get it done. It's also a sinkhole for gold. I've noticed this patch is about crunching numbers. Lowering amounts without decreasing actual value thereof. That alone is a very difficult task to perform correctly. Which is why I say to give it a bit more time. They'll always be future enhancements. :)

From my experience, being a free player you either need to have no other, at all, like none whatsoever activity in life to be able to "effectively" catch up to the paying players. I spent over 2,5 years of farming and it got me to have full lvl 8 runes and patronage 5. Not good enough to make myself feel welcome and somehow needed in a top guild because they have a tenfold of better cash shopped players.
Not good enough. Here's the thing. You as well as any other player in this game is good enough. All guilds whether they're top notch or a group of nobodies, they all started the same way. They had to build their way to the top. There is only one way of doing this. You have to spend something. You got two things to choose from; Time and Money. As I explained before, the less you spend of one, the more you'll spend of the other. But by no means are you required to spend ANY of each together as all goals can be achieved no matter what route you choose, the only difference is the amount in which you spend. Loads of time means less cash, loads of cash means less time. Elementary school folks.

But isn't Allods p2w when it takes whole summer of 85 hours per week game time to upgrade your runes by one level? The ones who can just pay for it have a huge advantage in that case. Let it be you have lvl 9 runes and to perform better in dominion against other top guilds, (besides active gearing up, because they don't snooze so you end up being behind if you focus on upgrading runes or gear, which is really extortionate at the moment imo), there is nothing else to do except upgrading runes to 10.
The amount of time it takes to achieve these goals does not make it a pay to win. There is no logic to that. Pay to win means you must pay in order to win. Allods is pay to do things faster. That's it. if a player chooses to turn the game into a competition to where they race to see who gets the best gear then that would be a personal issue. A personal experience. A game played by millions of players shouldn't be judged and categorized based on a player's experience they brought on to themselves. Aside from the RPG aspect of this game, it is a game that is what you make of it.

Friday, May 30th 2014, 12:49pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

Ok heres my point of view

I played this game 85% f2p since ever and long ago on 47 patch when koe was farmable I spent there so much time that ppl even called me korean and I got stuff from there like fod, upgraded runes from 7/4 to 9/8 and bought some almost top tier cs items (lege trinket,3 rubies, 2 talents etc, fol) but that was like 2 years ago when you actually could farm and much easier than now. I remember making 1.5k gold/h and at that time 1 cc costed 15 gold, yes I remember it exactly cause I was spaming world with Bobslej (another farmer and best warrior at that time) trying to buy cc, other cs items were much much cheaper too I bought my fod for 70k gold, hell even perma goblin costed me 15k. Now compare it to now - 3850 bc cost roughly 173k gold at 45g exchange rate that means 1 cc should cost around 173g, there are also other items which price increased same way. And now tell me how do you farm 10-12x more gold at this patch than on 47 ? You can farm like 3k gold/h from what I heard here so far and that isnt even close to what it should be. Also dont forget that by the time cap changed from 47 to 60 there were MANY new cashshop items/mounts etc etc. Now imagine you are new player with lvl 4 runes no cs items and you see someone who played this game for few years with full cs 10+ runes then u que to bg against him then he 1-2 shots you EACH time you spawn back and this repeats for few years since as you said you can achieve this stuff with time, he also wont be able to attend new raids etc. What goes through the guys mind ? He will ask around about the price of those items/time he needs to get them (or read hcls thread) and then he realizes that this biggest p2w game in galaxy and he should find new game or he is nolifer that has TOTALLY nothing to do and he will farm 3kg/h for 1 year straight without break to compete with others...I doubt any1 would do this. Now look at me I spent here 3 years playing mostly f2p and what I got ? Only top tier items I have is fod, lege ear, fabled trinket and thats it, other things are either before top tier or not even that like this new defense stat thing/fatality then I have 10/8 runes and I feel that this is under average runes of top players nowdays cause they are running with full 10+. I also attended EVERY pmb event (5 total) for crystals to buy cc for my runes and almost every other event that offered good prize.

You can call this game anything else than p2w if you want but when I had to top up after 9 months just to be able to upgrade my gear it was the last drop for me.
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "dragonsvk8" (May 30th 2014, 12:56pm)

Friday, May 30th 2014, 3:36pm

Xaraman

Trainee

I think a few people here have not heard of a "skinner box" when it comes to gaming psychology.

The game is p2* ( * = whatever qualifier you use to justify the amount of money you spend). Doesn't matter how you qualify it, you will have pay eventually.

Read this. It's funny and informative ;)

Friday, May 30th 2014, 4:59pm

I think a few people here have not heard of a "skinner box" when it comes to gaming psychology.

The game is p2* ( * = whatever qualifier you use to justify the amount of money you spend). Doesn't matter how you qualify it, you will have pay eventually.

Read this. It's funny and informative ;)

why are you so afraid of using "p2win" expression? you try to avoid that expression by saying "p2something" but come on...so hypocritical! it IS p2w, get over it, people don't buy lvl 13 runes just because they like to spend money, how do u think new players feel when they see lvl 11, lvl 13 players with 6 additional rubies, 10 additional stat points, sacred trinket, 6 additional talent points, legendary additional earring, patronage lvl 5 and everything else?

funny thing is...on p2p we automatically receive these additional things that u spend thousands of euros to have :D hahaha we have additional legendary earrings, 10 additional stat points, additional rubies and NO RUNES hahaha i feel really happy by seeing how people are stupid for buying gambling chests, runes and P5, and your stupid mounts we can have this too by farming at wellebell

Friday, May 30th 2014, 5:09pm

yep all the items you basically work for on f2p (that would take a year or so) you can get on p2p. Some immediately, some within a month (this was the case when there was active guilds), and spend wayyyyy less moolah. you also never have to worry about buying ccs or saving gold for that next sale, so you can solely focus on your gear. :)

Friday, May 30th 2014, 5:13pm

Quoted

legendary additional earring

That was relevant with the new gear until the first legend earrings started being made this week :)

Friday, May 30th 2014, 5:34pm

Quoted

legendary additional earring

That was relevant with the new gear until the first legend earrings started being made this week :)

at least we have a free SLOT, it's not like on PAY TO WIN server that you have to pay to use 2 earrings, or have you forgot that new players on PAY TO WIN does not have sh*t?

Friday, May 30th 2014, 7:46pm

For anyone contemplating coming back into the game, ask yourself this:

Do you have a character on the f2p server with reasonable cash shop "from the times it was easier to farm"?

Yes? You can try and join f2p server.
No? Then ask yourself this:

Do you have A LOT of money laying around that you could spend on the game?

Yes? You can join f2p server no problem.
No? Don't touch the f2p server with a 10ft pole. Go straight to p2p or don't bother with the game at all.

Friday, May 30th 2014, 10:31pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

there's a subscription server and it's not pay 2 win, you keep complaining about something that u could simply change, and guess what, they made this server to people like you stop calling allods pay to win because we can't say that anymore when you have a choice that allows you to change to a server that has NO cash shop.

there's a subscription server and it's not pay 2 win, you keep complaining about something that u could simply change, and guess what, they made this server to people like you stop calling allods pay to win because we can't say that anymore when you have a choice that allows you to change to a server that has NO cash shop.

P2p server is dead.

it's not, we are coming back and we are having fun
Really? When I log in and every zone I go to is a ghost town?

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 12:36am

Fraust

Trainee

Call it what you want, the game is what you make of it. No player Is forced to pay anything. You chose to pay loads of money to get your gear upgraded. That's something you can do without spending a dime. Only difference is (for the 4th time) the amount of time it took you to do so. To one their own I suppose.

Nevertheless, we should all enjoy the game. And in a game which has a seemingly low population, its idiotic to tell a possible returning player to not come back to the game.