You are not logged in.

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 11:04am

Log-In Issues

I have several issues with this game, although it's generally charming.

First, the log-in system. Or patcher. Or whatever. I loathe this stupid patcher. I tried launching the game from the launcher.exe, but the log-in button never lit up. Is there any current way of turning off peer-to-peer and just doing a good old fashioned download ONCE and not have to do the stupid peer-to-peer crap?

Second, is the log-in server. Specifically, it keeps trying to tell me that I need a subscription for the subscription server even though the sub is currently free. I sometimes have to quit the game three or four times to get it to recognize that I can log in without a subscription.

And finally, the last few times I've logged in, it won't load my characters on the character screen. It has the little busy wheels going and says something about progressive download status, how many files it downloaded and a download speed of 0%. Except that 1) this was the character I was playing only 7 hours ago and 2) why is it saying that I have a download speed of 0%? And how can I get rid of this since shutting down the game AND my.com (which I hate; let me launch the game from its own launcher NOT the progressive downloader crap) didn't help at all.

Edit: Every character that's level 6 or higher is currently not showing up on my log-in screen and I can't log in with these characters. I've tried. The loading resources wheel just gets stuck at 80% and stays there.

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 5:02pm

Hello,

Have you ever had the whole game downloaded ? Because it seems that you have not finished downloading everything yet.
Try to let your game opened for a while (couple of hours), without playing, maybe all will be fixed then ?
Try to launch the game in windows administrator mode, maybe there is an authorisation to set in your firewall to let the game downloads the rest of the texture ?

In your first point, you are talking about the old launcher ? Or the new one ?
If it is the new one, if the button is grey, try this :
http://fr.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…24996#post24996

Good luck, many players have encountered issues with this progressive downloading.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 6:08pm

Gladia,

Thank you for responding.

I don't know if I have the whole game downloaded, however I left my.com running overnight. I'll try leaving the game opened for a while, but my concern is that every time I get a character to level 6 (or higher!) the character then no longer loads on my char select screen and the game is unable to load. This has happened to three characters on Smuggler's Paradise now.

And I was referring to the old launcher because I wish I could use it rather than my.com.

I'll see if leaving the game open and running for a few hours will help.