You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 4:22am

IAmGroot

Professional

This isn't exactly the right thing to say, considering Teppish is a moderator and in fact has a legitimate point.
Moderator or not, being fair to everyone is something he should do.

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 8:32am

Farming amul is most boring quest on allod ....

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 11:38am

Resha

Intermediate

Before, there were no cooldown and it was very good. Now they have increased how many mobs to farm, why not, but there's absolutely no reason to put a timer. This is totally unfair for those who don't like PvP or can't win enough...
Drood retraité !

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 12:27pm

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

The thing is that increasing the amount of mobs needed for the quest should be enough for making it 'difficult'.
As someone said before me, the spark from the 2nd mob u killed most the times disappears before the cd drops from the extractor. And thats sucks.
On my main it's like: kill a mob >> extract spark >> kill spark >>> wait 8-10s >> kill another mob >> extract the spark.....
after the 1st quest I'm bored as hell (at evenings I even fall asleep during that quest) and probably many of you are likewise, so I wouldn't be afraid that removing cd on the quest item would cause everybody to do that quest many times in a row. It wont shake the economy of the game (which is already destroyed btw.).
Also, I myself, am doing that quest only if I need many amalgams or gold, and no BGs starts or inv me. It's nothing I do from boredom cuz this quest itself is boring.

The best farming machine is Summoner, and he actually doesn't need to kill the mobs, the DoTs do it for him. But I was never able to farm more then 1.5k gold per hour with my reinc. (if you win AOD + you go to some BG and also win those few times, you can farm like 8k gold per day)

ps. this font is dedicated to my fan: Hclftw :D
it's size 12 only.

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 12:51pm

Resha

Intermediate

Bards are as good as summoners for farming, they have passive DOT, passive heal and instant pull with low energy cost.
Drood retraité !

Thursday, May 29th 2014, 2:20pm

IAmGroot

Professional

ps. this font is dedicated to my fan: Hclftw :D
it's size 12 only.
Thanks!

Friday, May 30th 2014, 5:25am

Fraust

Trainee

Moderator or not, being fair to everyone is something he should do.

Where's your proof? Is it documented? I mean, I'm not trying to get brownie points here or anything but I really don't see the problem with Teppish's actions. He/she is just doing their job. You wouldn't want someone telling you how to do your job, would you?

Besides, making a statement of unfair treatment over the size of a font is ridiculous. Big whoop. lol.

Friday, May 30th 2014, 5:31am

Fraust

Trainee

Also, Amalgams are supposed to be rare and valuable. All they've done is make the methods of obtaining said item to match that rarity and value. So what if you have to wait a little longer in order to get them done? Is 20-30 seconds really something that bad to complain about? They could have made it much worse if they wanted. I know it was much easier before. But it isn't like they took it up to legendary difficulty. Why get so tore up over something as small as this? Its asinine. Take a look at other games, upgrading items are never really easy to obtain. I'm sure they'll make more refinements to the system, but its nothing to protest about. Give it time guys

Remember, work hard and stay humble!

Friday, May 30th 2014, 8:08am

Also, Amalgams are supposed to be rare and valuable. All they've done is make the methods of obtaining said item to match that rarity and value. So what if you have to wait a little longer in order to get them done? Is 20-30 seconds really something that bad to complain about? They could have made it much worse if they wanted. I know it was much easier before. But it isn't like they took it up to legendary difficulty. Why get so tore up over something as small as this? Its asinine. Take a look at other games, upgrading items are never really easy to obtain. I'm sure they'll make more refinements to the system, but its nothing to protest about. Give it time guys

I don't see anyone complaining that it's *difficult* to use the alchemy quest to farm Amalgams, just that it is time-consuming.

'Course, I'm not the one to complain here - I haven't got started on upgrading my level 60 upgradables, so I'm a bit weak, which means that killing the energy critter takes me longer than 15 seconds anyway. But hey, I'll crack on through it, and I'll use as many of my 40 Emblem of Greatness tickets a week as I can manage. How many Amalgams do you typically get for finishing the Alchemy quest these days?
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Friday, May 30th 2014, 8:38am

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

Also, Amalgams are supposed to be rare and valuable. All they've done is make the methods of obtaining said item to match that rarity and value. So what if you have to wait a little longer in order to get them done? Is 20-30 seconds really something that bad to complain about?

Seems to me you never don that quest bcz i see you know what you are talking about or the time to kill the spark for you equals the cd on the item.
Taking the cd from the quest item wont make the amalgam less valuable. Will open the possibility to gear up faster - most ppl just do the quests when the lack of few amalgams for upgrades and BGs don't start at all. Also low geared ppl will have the chance to gear up faster.
This long cd is made on purpose (pure speculation thou) to make us buy the enhancers in Boutique.

They could have made it much worse if they wanted.

Saying it as a threat (lesser evil they made to the customers) doesn't help neither the opinion on devs nor your argumentation.

We shall see if you will be so cunning to say that after a while when each BG or Domi will end up with your failure when better geared CS users will crash you in one blow. I'm sad to inform you it's not a game where peace, serenity & harmony are the main objectives.

Friday, May 30th 2014, 12:34pm

Fraust

Trainee

Quoted from "Fraust" Also, Amalgams are supposed to be rare and valuable. All they've done is make the methods of obtaining said item to match that rarity and value. So what if you have to wait a little longer in order to get them done? Is 20-30 seconds really something that bad to complain about?
Seems to me you never don that quest bcz i see you know what you are talking about or the time to kill the spark for you equals the cd on the item.
Taking the cd from the quest item wont make the amalgam less valuable. Will open the possibility to gear up faster - most ppl just do the quests when the lack of few amalgams for upgrades and BGs don't start at all. Also low geared ppl will have the chance to gear up faster.
This long cd is made on purpose (pure speculation thou) to make us buy the enhancers in Boutique.
Quoted from "Fraust" They could have made it much worse if they wanted.
Saying it as a threat (lesser evil they made to the customers) doesn't help neither the opinion on devs nor your argumentation.
Quoted from "Fraust"
We shall see if you will be so cunning to say that after a while when each BG or Domi will end up with your failure when better geared CS users will crash you in one blow. I'm sad to inform you it's not a game where peace, serenity & harmony are the main objectives.

I do the quest on several different characters so you are definitely mistaken. I never claimed any amounts of time guaranteed. Most were merely estimates to help explain my point I'm trying to get across here.

They don't want it to be faster. The developers don't want players gearing up to max in such a short amount of time. plain and simple. Most games don't allow things like that either. very typical of an MMO.

having the cool-down doesn't decrease anyone's chances at gearing up at a decent rate. if anything, it balances it. Sure, CS items may make this process a bit easier and quicker for you, but that's exactly what its supposed to do. Again, this goes back to the basis of this game. Time versus money.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your logic on this one. What do you mean (is this a troll attempt?) I never threatened anyone. Surprises me how you got a threat out of "They could have made it much worse if they wanted". Maybe you'd like to think that through again? It's not even close to being a threat. Its simply optimistic. Another way for us players to look on the bright side of things and was said in an effort to do just that.

Cunning? Failure? Inform me? Allow me to retort on that then; First, encouraging quotes doesn't make me cunning, and losing in skirmishes doesn't make me (or anyone else for that matter) a failure in any way. Although I'm not exactly sad but I'd like to inform you that this is in fact just a game. Players play this game to enjoy the experience it provides, albeit a experience said player(s) can alter at their own leisure. But to most folks, its "just a game".

In the end, the game is what we make and take of it. We as players decide the effect it has on us and the effect we may have on it. All that you got to remember is that we're playing with other people in which the majority don't like to be disrespected. Who says we can't all get along and still share different opinions?

Sorry for the wall of text folks. :\

Friday, May 30th 2014, 7:59pm

The thing is that increasing the amount of mobs needed for the quest should be enough for making it 'difficult'.

That's the "soft" nerf. Cooldown is the "hard" nerf.

As someone said before me, the spark from the 2nd mob u killed most the times disappears before the cd drops from the extractor. And thats sucks.
On my main it's like: kill a mob >> extract spark >> kill spark >>> wait 8-10s >> kill another mob >> extract the spark.....

I've done this quest for years, let me give you a tip. If I understand correctly you complain that if you want to kill the mobs with AoE and then start summoning the sparks, the corpses disappear before extractor is ready again. If that's indeed the case, here's what you do:

1)Make sure you do the quest on mobs that actually drop loot.
2)Turn OFF your looter pet.
3)round up and AoE the mobs
4)summon and kill the spark from each corpse
5)turn the looter pet back on or just pick the loot up

Friday, May 30th 2014, 10:14pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

@ Reeah19...It was 20 mobs plus 20 spark thingys for each part of the quest. It has went up from 160 total needed to 240 total needed.

Have any of you really have had to wait for others to get done with their quest before you can do yours because there are just way too many people doing the quest? Add this in and the CD in and this quest takes forever to get done.

Friday, May 30th 2014, 10:57pm

reeah19

Intermediate

was 24*4*2=192(at least on NA), now is 30*4*2=240, i dont care about mobs cuz i 1 hit em but they vanish and its boring, so its 6*4*2 more if you wanna count the mobs too;

Whole quest takes 40-50 mins, you cant do it in less than 40 mins because of cooldown thats why we complain.

if u plan on using only BG amal ull be super slow compared with making/buying
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 12:49am

Ohh I seee
1mob=20sec
30mobs=600sec is 10mins times 4=40 mins.

Before there wasent cd

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 3:41am

Fraust

Trainee

C'mon guys. it takes a little bit longer. Get over it and get things done. The only thing slowing your upgrading process down now after the fact is the time you waste complaining. You've all done this before. Just do it again. it's a continuous process.

Anyway, whatever you choose to do, good luck, and enjoy your gameplay experience.

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 4:49pm

C'mon guys. it takes a little bit longer.

Way to exaggerate. "a bit"? It takes at least twice as long. I used to complete it in 26 minutes before 5.0 (I measured time with a stopwatch to evaluate different gold making methods at that time). Right now, it's flat out impossible to do under 36 minutes 15s*120mobs = 30min (cooldown) + 3s*120mobs = 6 min (cast time). 36 min is taking ZERO time on teleports and actually killing the mobs, which is of course - unreal.

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 5:46pm

reeah19

Intermediate

when we'll get to leggy+ will be super annoying :)), now at least we cant kill super fast but soon enough will be even more lame to wait :))
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 9:05pm

C'mon guys. it takes a little bit longer. Get over it and get things done. The only thing slowing your upgrading process down now after the fact is the time you waste complaining. You've all done this before. Just do it again. it's a continuous process.

Anyway, whatever you choose to do, good luck, and enjoy your gameplay experience.

i wont get simply "over it" as it is a major disadvantage
this is a problem wich shouldbe solved in oe or another way

this whole "get over it mentality" is something that only leads to disadvantages for yourself!