You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 4:17pm

Please get rid of Amalgam-Extractor-Cooldown!

it really ruins the amalgam-quest ;(

its not funny to kill a mob, extract, kill the amalgam-ghost and then wait seconds and seconds :sleeping: before you can summon the next amalgam-ghost

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Teppisch" (May 28th 2014, 4:47pm)

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 5:26pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Lol, no.
Your logic is horrible Teppish.

Also, there's no need to make his text smaller unless you're going to do that to everyone else.
There is a guy that posts, on this forum, in large text every single post that bothers me and nothing has been done about it.
Treat everyone equally please.

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 6:15pm

since i did not post in 48 point text i dont see any reason in making the text smaller
there is the option to change fontsize for a reason, otherwise it would not be available at all

i think that this logic is horrible too... its nothing more like an artificial barrier that slows down this already boring quest even more...

also, gearing up is worthless then (at least for this quest) if you dont get any advance from it
i DO know there are other ways of gaining amalgam however they are not always available, while this quest is

normally, the game should REWARD improving your gear and not punish it by letting you wait all the time...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (May 28th 2014, 6:24pm)

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 6:20pm

Xaraman

Trainee

If you can get 1 amal from 1 winning BG, then you should be able to get a concentrate in roughly the same amount of time. The average BG time is around 15-20mins, so i'd say don't get rid of the cooldown, maybe just reduce it so the quest takes 15-20mins.

That sound fair?

There is a guy that posts, on this forum, in large text every single post that bothers me and nothing has been done about it.

If you're talking about Sathom, he only posts in a slightly larger font than normal (I think 12pt vs 8pt that is default), which doesn't bother me in the slightest. What size font did the OP use? It could have been up to 36pt which is ridiculous. Did you see the pre-edited OP?

Cheers!

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 6:22pm

there is no need for a CD at all, it just limits the players

with this cooldown its more timeefficient to farm mobs an BUY amalgam from AH then instead of doing the Q itself

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 6:24pm

Xaraman

Trainee

But, if it only took 15-20mins, would that make it more efficient?

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 6:26pm

no, in 15 minutes you can farm ~ 2000 gold
amalgam is ~ 1100 gold in AH

the only limit to amalgam quest should be your performance in killing the amalgam-ghost (DPS) and your speed in changing the area to get the needed mobs (Mountspeed)

rising the quest to 30 mobs and summoning the ghost already is uncomfortable enough, so there is absolutely NO need to give the summoning-item an extra CD

i must admit i am really happy there are players who do amalgam Q for me, because i would not do it all the time.... i'd rather slow down gearing up, srsly

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 6:32pm

Xaraman

Trainee

Ok, how many concentrate you get on average with each boil? 2-3?

3 amal from each concentrate?

If the quest took 20 mins, that's 3 times per hour. That's an average of about 18-21 amal per hour. Compared to 8000g per hour farming.

Haven't done the amal quest for some time, but, isn't that the way it works?

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 6:37pm

its true that sometimes you get more amalgam from the quest

but sometimes often enough you get only 1

i think it seems balanced since while farming gold you can also get lucky drops of gear or even the meany goblin item

however if you now dont buy for AH stock price but buy private you get discount and in the end the quest becomes inferior to farming again :P

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:00pm

Xaraman

Trainee

Ok, but even with one concentrate per boil, you're still looking at 3 amal per concentrate.

AH, that's 3,300 gold. Private sale, maybe 2,500 gold? And that's for a 30min quest at the moment.

If that quest was only 20mins long, even worst case (1 concentrate per boil), you're still making 9 amal per hour, nearly 10k in the AH or 7k private?

Even with the odd rare drop from farming, I think the reduced CD rather than none is probably the better option.

Cheers!

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:13pm

i see amalgam for 1000 - 1200 gold in AH every day, not 3000
private sale is <1000 gold

for 3000 per concentrate i would NEVER buy

9 amal = ~3000 - 3800 gold on AH since they can only be sold in concentrate form which gives 3 amal, so 3 x concentrate = 9 amal

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:15pm

Xaraman

Trainee

Ok, maybe we're confusing our words here.

Earlier, you said that amal is around 1100g. Did you mean the amal concentrate for 1100g? :)

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:18pm

yes! i meant concentrate, since "amalgam" itself is always bound and cannot be sold over AH

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:28pm

Xaraman

Trainee

Ah ok,

Haven't played the game in a couple of weeks and never really got completely in depth since the patch. I thought they still allowed JC amals and the ones you got from concentrates to be unbound.

In that case, yeah that CD may be off putting if you're only looking at 1100g per concentrate.

However, if you're only doing the quest for yourself and personal gearing etc, at 20mins, you're still making a decent amount of amals per hour, worst case.

I just have a feeling the devs don't want a flood of amals in the AH just yet, so i don't think you'll get your wish. Give it a few months though ;)

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:30pm

reeah19

Intermediate

the cooldown sucks because the ghost dissapears mostly, either kill cooldown or make the ghost stay. Incresing the number of mobs needed from 24 to 30(24 more mobs per a quest) so 120 mobs in total was enough annoying... i agree that farming atm is better than making amal quest.

the cd adds like 10-15 mins per quest and its too much wasted time, everything is becoming 2x more time consuming :(
Fireofdeath -70 - demonologist
Puffypuf - 65 - furball warden
Rensy - 65 - paladin
Akyrra - 70 - psionicist healer
Turquiose - 60 - bard
Springfull - 60 - mage
FoxBee - 31 warden

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:34pm

i fear devs wont care this much about my post anyway :P

its not a gamebreaking thing for me, actually it favours my playstyle since i like simple killing mobs more than traveling around all the time and stuff
however if prices in AH rise it will be a problem

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 7:47pm

Only if you're lucky enough for your main (the character you gear) to be a good farming class.

I have a summoner in full crafted epics that I do not gear (because that's just a farming character) and I don't even get close to that value. You must be exceptionally lucky on green item drops, I usually get one green item per full inventory of grays.

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 8:31pm

IAmGroot

Professional

Jesus Christ.
Teach me how and where to farm please!
That's 133.3 repeating gold per minute!
The most I can farm (without LM) is about 33-36, sometimes 40 if I get really lucky and get a few extra green drops.
1980-2400g/hour is really the best I have ever done (without LM).

Also...if that's the case you can farm ~8000g per hour...you should just be buying amalgam concentrates from the AH....

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 9:08pm

Jesus Christ.
Teach me how and where to farm please!
That's 133.3 repeating gold per minute!
The most I can farm (without LM) is about 33-36, sometimes 40 if I get really lucky and get a few extra green drops.
1980-2400g/hour is really the best I have ever done (without LM).

Also...if that's the case you can farm ~8000g per hour...you should just be buying amalgam concentrates from the AH....

2000 gold in 15min is insane, but your is just slow. 3k-3.5k/hour is about right, that's without p5.

Wednesday, May 28th 2014, 9:25pm

IAmGroot

Professional

I have 13/12/12/9/10/9
P5, almost full epic gear.
Paladin.
I must be doing something wrong then.