You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 13th 2021, 8:23am

A voluntary game localization cooperation request.

Dear GM,

It's very glad to send you this letter which I have thought over for quite a long time.

I have been a Chinese Allods lover since the year of 2010. I started playing from open beta in US server then follow the merge to EU server. For the first time I played Allods Online, I was deeply fond of it. I like the user-interface design, the music, the storyline and the graphic, which I like the most. For me , it looks like some kind of cartoon but not cartoon at all. I can barely find another game with that kind of graphics style. It makes me feel peaceful and relaxed.

For the years of playing, I recommend Allods Online to most of my friends. As long as they are interested in PC online games, I showed them the Allods. The result turned out to be very good. Many of them created accounts and started playing. In around the year of 2012, a local network company got the authority to operate Allods Online in China. When the game officially launched in China, it became a big hit in the field of MMORPG. One of the funny scenes is, a hundred league players in the Evermeet map stand on a small hill just to wait for the Dark Soul elite mob to respawn and get the quest done. The GMs change the respawn interval to zero immediately, then the problem got solved. After about one year or two, good times did not last long. The game came to a permanent close for some operate issue which cannot be solved. Allods Online became a memory for players in mainland China. Some went to the Allods Taiwan server, that's another story.

lol, too much storytelling. Now come to the real business.

Recently I told my friends that I am still playing Allods in EU server. They are very excited and asked me many questions, for example, if the game is still free-to-play? does the game require high-end computer hardware? is there any lag or delay in terms of internet connections? and so on. I answer the questions one by one. In the end, the language barrier became the biggest obstacle in front of them. (Not many people have the same English level as I do after all. ROFL)

So I hereby make a formal request. Can I form an one-man team to translate the game for you?

I want to translate the game into Simplified Chinese by myself (there might be other local Allods lover joining me in the future). I plan to translate the spelling and talent description first, then the other interface such as stats, maps and so on. I have some spell names in Chinese on my mind and they are really cool (my main character is a summy. ^^ ). Then translate the quest requirement. The quest detail in the quest log will be at last.

I would like to do this translation work voluntarily (If I could share some tiny revenue of the
game in the future after all has been done, I will be accepted gladly. lol), it may take a year or two but I don’t mind. Technically, I don’t really understand the language support part of the game client, like the unicode such as UTF-8 or ANSI stuff. I don’t know whether the game client supports Chinese or not, because the characters are in square shape. Thus, I am not sure if they may cause bug to the program. lol. All I need is to add a “Chinese (Beta)” option in the language setting for the effort I put in the long work.

It’s known to all that China is a rich country, and so is it to the game players. You never know
how rich they can be. One can spend a car or house on the game without a blink of an eye. I’m not talking about one or two players, I’m talking about a kind of players, who is willing to spend almost anything on the game they like. (Level 13 runes? no problem! Take My Money!) China is one of the largest online game markets in the world. By bringing Chinese players into the game, it will bring you some really nice revenue. Well, it will be a great idea for you headquarter to find a better and bigger company to operate Allods Online in China, again. (Make Allods-China great again. lol)

Please consider about my request. Looking forward for your reply. Thank you so so much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May you need more information about me. please mail to:

Email: yangmo06725@live.cn or 1153708010@qq.com

[ End of letter ]
[Sweetbunny] the Summoner @ Evolution. :D
Played since 2010 open beta , in US server . :thumbsup:
One of the VERY few Chinese in Allods EU.
:thumbup:
Yeah ! ! !
8) 8) 8)

Wednesday, July 14th 2021, 6:56am

Goodluck my little jackie chan :)
Thanks dude !!!
[Sweetbunny] the Summoner @ Evolution. :D
Played since 2010 open beta , in US server . :thumbsup:
One of the VERY few Chinese in Allods EU.
:thumbup:
Yeah ! ! !
8) 8) 8)

Rate this thread