You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 30th 2014, 3:28am

Suggestion:Auction house update!

Hello,

I wanted to suggest updating AH to include the following features:

1-Price Floor:This means there would be a minimum limit to the price the producer(trader) can set for a certain item or good and this is mainly to protect producers and traders because:

-For example amalgam concentrate:It's price ranged between 1.2k gold each-2k gold each and I always sold for the minimum prices like 1200-1400 gold since my use for gold requires selling items fast as I use gold instantly so the faster I sell the better and recently a considerable percent of people are selling amalgam concentrates for lower than the normal minimum price so they sell for 1k gold and so so even when I sold for 1200 or 1300 gold recently which is minimum normal price,I got like half of my amalgam concentrates back and hence I had to sell later on for even a lower price like 1170 gold or so.

-I saw people spamming amalgam concentrates for 1190 gold and 1180 gold to sell faster than others..With this little difference which is like 10 or 20 gold people buy their amalgams and don't buy ours or buy some little amount of ours and not all of them.

-Some people would buy all this cheap amalgams and sell again I know that trick but this requires a great capital in other words it requires a great amount of gold so I can buy all the amalgam cheaper than mine to sell for higher and not to mention how risky it is as people might not buy all that cheap amalgam I bought to resell after all and that's besides I need to get the gold fast as I instantly use the amount I farm.I know personally someone in game who wouldn't buy any amalgams on AH for normal price because,there was someone who sold amalgam concentrates for a far lower price and he always waited for him to put his amalgams on AH..
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2-Price Ceiling:This means there would be a maximum limit to the price the trader can set for a certain item and this is to protect consumers (buyers) as:

-It will prevent producers from selling for higher prices than normal and will prevent inflation of prices but ofc both the price ceiling and floor would be subject to change depending on the situations.

-I saw some people selling some items on AH as the following example:
Someone selling 4 amalgam concentrates and it appears on AH as follows:
Good:Amalgam concentrate Bid:1000 Price:1100
Good:Amalgam concentrate Bid:1000 Price:11000

As you know some people be they consumers or producers buying for resale would spam buying these and won't look at price for each unit of good as long as it's same producer specially if the quantity is big and that's specially if they're sleepy or so hence they would buy 1 amalgam concentrate for 11000 gold by wrong if their bag has say like 20k gold or more.On the other hand if there is price ceiling,he can't use that trick as he can't sell for higher than the maximum price (price ceiling) :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Oh also,I know some people would say "Sell in zone and shout etc"..I tried that much selling for 1200 gold and 1300 gold per unit of amalgam concentrate using shout and zone etc and no one wanna buy even if I shout up to 3 times or so and I always end up selling in AH which takes like 50-100 gold tax per unit of amalgam concentrate and may be more depending or the price..I know the trick:"Buy 5 amalgam concentrates for 1300 gold and get 1 free" still kinda a rip off so why not sell all amalgams for 1150 gold and they're gonna get sold fast too and with less loss so yea the fastest method is for lowering the price a little bit but it's decreasing gradually and decreasing more till it becomes worthless...

FINALLY,I understand this might be some tiresome work to be applied but can you please apply it at least on the most necessary and famous items on AH like amalgam concentrates,mounts,elixirs,some CS items like CC and holy symbols and scrolls like commander's scrolls,pages of mage,study of perfection,scrolls of the wizard,Carnifex codes and Edict of conclave etc...

In my opinion,that would make the auction house's role and business in game more realistic and fun and it's just a suggestion after all ;)

Thanks for reading!
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Hilver" (May 30th 2014, 3:17pm) with the following reason: Fixing grammatical and vocabulary mistakes.

Friday, May 30th 2014, 8:55am

SΛΤΗΩ

Intermediate

There is no need for so strict controls.
It's self propelled market.
You put an item with high price - nobody will buy it (or only those who are able to pay so much). If it's to high nobody will buy it.
You want to sell something - you give little below the lowest price there is for this item. If you go to low you wont gain much on selling it and the time you needed to get it will over take the price you get for it.

Friday, May 30th 2014, 11:30am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

I personally prefer game economy based on buy/sell orders model like it
is in for example EvE and GW2. It is far superior to traditional
name/offer model and helps create "real" economy.

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 9:54pm

You forgot to mention that the ah should be at right side cause you cannot see the chat log Every time you use ah we need to put box at right side so we can see chat log.

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 9:56pm

Pretty soon amul price might be 500g..

Friday, June 6th 2014, 9:30pm

You forgot to mention that the ah should be at right side cause you cannot see the chat log Every time you use ah we need to put box at right side so we can see chat log.
Well yes that would be cool but if they're gonna update the AH interface window itself,I'd say it would be cool if the AH interface window becomes movable instead of putting it at right side,this way you can move it around to see chat or map while selling your goods.Anyway that's not the main problem for me with AH..The main problem is when I'm selling like 4 amalgam concentrates for 1200 gold then someone floods AH with amalgam concentrates at 1190 gold so for 10 gold less difference,people will buy his/her amalgams and won't buy any of mine which kinda pisses me off at many times so now I have to sell at 1170 gold each so i can sell but if there are such restrictions like the ones I mentioned above,people won't keep playing around in prices and flooding the AH with goods at 10 gold less price so that people buy their goods first and end up not buying any of other prices even those selling at normal price which is 10 gold higher,lol seriously?Also as I said when I farm amalgams I need to sell fast because,my use for gold requires me to sell fast so I can get more gold.

Quoted

By Unq_swag

Pretty soon amul price might be 500g..
lol If it becomes 500 g per concentrate then doing WH and DF and GB will be more worthy and people won't find any amalgams to buy on AH so selling them at 500 g would be kinda a stupid idea and a waste of time..I hope though its price won't drop to 500 gold :D

Friday, June 6th 2014, 10:07pm

I am against any form of restrictions on the market. Setting minimum and maximum price is just this type of restriction that will destroy any and all player influence on the market. Amalgam concentrate costs ~1200g because that is the price determined by the current demand. Those that are driving the price down only do so because of the high supply of amalgam. We will soon reach a point where the supply of amalgam is greater than the demand, which will drive the value of amalgam to the ground.

Of course, this will cause many of the people using amalgam from alchemy as a way to farm their gold to stop doing it, because it will no longer be viable, and the supply will be reduced. But this will not happen until the average cost of 1 amalgam concentrate is ~900g.

The market is free. It is defined by the players. What pisses you off is what I do - when I have amalgam, I go to the AH, check how much the cheapest is, and if it 1200, I sell for 1190. The supply of amalgam is now so great that even at that price it may take over 12 hours for it to sell.

The value of amalgam is defined by the players. The value of everything is defined by us and how we play the game. What you're asking for is to have the value of everything be defined by the developers, and why would you want to take away one whole level of interaction away from the game, only so you can make 60g more per hour? The fact is that more and more people are realizing that selling amalgam is the greatest way to make gold if you don't have super gear yet. This increases the supply and drives the value down. That is how the market works. With minimum values, you will have everyone selling at the minimum value, pages and pages of concentrates at the same price. You still won't sell instantly.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 12:54pm

The main problem is when I'm selling like 4 amalgam concentrates for 1200 gold then someone floods AH with amalgam concentrates at 1190 gold so for 10 gold less difference,people will buy his/her amalgams and won't buy any of mine which kinda pisses me off at many times so now I have to sell at 1170 gold each so i can sell but if there are such restrictions like the ones I mentioned above,people won't keep playing around in prices and flooding the AH with goods at 10 gold less price so that people buy their goods first and end up not buying any of other prices even those selling at normal price which is 10 gold higher,lol seriously?Also as I said when I farm amalgams I need to sell fast because,my use for gold requires me to sell fast so I can get more gold.

What I hear is the sound of the world's smallest violin, all alone, playing its sad song for you. Maybe those other people want their gold quickly, too? Who gets priority?

And no, developer- or publisher-set limits aren't a good idea. If players value the item outside the limits, the AH system breaks down, and in both cases, the AH ends up being empty, either because items sell out quickly at the max because players are willing to pay more, or because items won't sell at all because nobody will buy even at the min. But in the first case, I can still get my stuff bought ahead of yours by selling for max-10... And so now we tighten the limits, and more, and more, until there is just a publisher-imposed price. What's the point in that?
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 1:00pm

One more thing occurred to me - even if they impose min/max prices on items, you get around those by just shouting that you're selling your item under the developer's set value, people come and trade you. So even if they set 1k for amalgam concentrate, but so many people make it that its actual value drops below 1k, you won't be able to sell amalgam on the AH at all!
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 3:19pm

freestile

Professional

you can move it where you want thanks to this free addon : DnDforAuc i think i found it on ui9ru

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 6:42pm

1st chatlog isnt THIS important and
2nd IF it IS for you you can still chang the position of chatwindow without addons :)

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 7:07pm

@Steverread999
Limits might feel annoying at some point but it still has a great advantage:it will prevent amalgam prices from getting lower and lower like that specially exchange isn't 10 and 20 gold like old days so for F2P players selling amalgams is quite a great way to earn gold and advance and as we keep selling for lower and lower than original price then one day amalgam concentrate might become worthless so I see such binds and limits should put a fair average price for both sellers and buyers.Also such bindings will prevent some dirty tricks like this:

Someone selling 4 amalgam concentrates and it appears on AH as follows:
Good:Amalgam concentrate Bid:1000 Price:11000
As you know some people be they consumers or producers buying for resale would spam buying these and won't look at price for each unit of good as long as it's same producer specially if the quantity is big and that's specially if they're sleepy or so hence they would buy 1 amalgam concentrate for 11000 gold by wrong if their bag has say like 20k gold or more.On the other hand if there is price ceiling,he can't use that trick as he can't sell for higher than the maximum price (price ceiling)
I never fell for this trick but yet I can't ignore it as it is unfair.
@Biromir
Just like I told Steveread999 up there and also I tried shout before many times and tried selling for cheap prices and yet no one wanna buy and this one who replied wanted to buy them for a price cheaper than the cheapest 900 gold and that was back then when cheapest amalgam concentrate was for 1100 gold..Many people are kinda broken to buy instantly from you in shout so AH gives them the time to make some gold then buy your goods.After all such rules and laws like price floor and price ceiling are applied on many things in real life specially when it comes to necessary and important goods so why not apply them in game for a better experience and to keep the good's price at an average rate instead of it becoming worthless? Anyway that's my opinion and the way I see it and think its more fair that way but you seem to have a different opinion and that doesn't hurt.

Monday, June 9th 2014, 12:12am

Price floors however exist in real life to warrant jobs, to warrant competition between different products, and a bunch of other things. Amalgam concentrate is not a competing product, it is not competing against anything. Amalgam concentrate is the only player in town, which is why its value is only warranted by supply and demand. Nothing is stopping people from farming gold, then shouting "wtb concentrate 850g" and getting it then. I'm seeing a pattern with you, where you are trying to have things fit your wishful thinking about how the market works and how it should work.