You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 30th 2014, 3:37pm

Some Good News

It's good to see that Allods has managed to rid itself of the gPotato disease! Congratulations! ^_^

The question that I have is: has the game changed for the better since then or is it too early to tell?

I'm an old player from beta and 1.0 and really enjoyed Allods until the Gipat patch destroyed the game. Is coming back worthwhile at this point?

Friday, May 30th 2014, 3:39pm

Xaraman

Trainee

If you're pre-gipat, I don't think you'll like how the game has changed.

Sorry.

Friday, May 30th 2014, 4:02pm

I took a look at the thread and it gave me a mixed reaction. There still seems to be a lot of p2w issues with the game which probably won't matter to me unless I stay around long enough to reach endgame. There is a p2p server now which I don't remember ever seeing before. If the game had been implemented that way from the start things would have turned out much differently, but it's too late now. I'm still thinking maybe I will wait and watch for more changes from the new mail.ru management.

Thx for the replies. ^_^

Friday, May 30th 2014, 4:26pm

It is to early to tell if removing gpotato from the game has improved it.

The Gipat patch that drove many players(myself included) was the developer's fault not the host's. Now the Developer and the Host are the same. The problems with gPotato were primarily the degrading quality of the support and the high prices in the CS.

They did learn something from that patch and reversed several of the worst features but the F2P server remains pretty heavy on Pay to Win items. There is a quest for free 24 hour incense and mount feed every day so you don't need to pay for those. They Pay to Die mechanic of Tep's Curse is gone so you don't need to buy insurance against equipment breaking on death or un-cursing scrolls if you didn't have the insurance item.

Friday, May 30th 2014, 4:50pm

The game is now run by a company owned by the original Allods publisher in Russia. This company will as well publish the next Allods Team MMO - Skyforge. Which I believe will be Allods Online 2, with similarities between the graphics styles and... I mean, the current plot in Allods is about achieving divinity similar to Sarn and Nihaz, and in Skyforge, you'll play with gods, that can't level up. It's kind of peculiar, but back to the point...

Allods is a good MMO. Yes, it is very pay2win, but every bit of content is accessible to everyone at one point or another. For me, the redeeming factor in this game is that they don't sell actual content. It is available to everyone, and for me personally that is enough. I want a game where I have access to everything, I can learn everything, I can go to every place and explore it. I don't care about my damage and kills in skirmishes, so Allods' itemshop doesn't really bother me. It's a good game for anyone who is looking for decent pve experience - instances, interaction with players, and such. Not so good for anyone who wants to pvp, but I honestly don't know why they would pick Allods and not some arena game.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, May 30th 2014, 5:28pm

people talk like subscription server didn't exist. lol it's not p2w there

Friday, May 30th 2014, 7:20pm

From what I'd read in the other thread it sounded like the paid subscription server was under populated, but I've not come back yet to see for myself. Certainly the p2w server is older and more established, but as someone with bills to pay I wouldn't be able to survive long if forced to compete against other players with my wallet. ^_^;; It's good that you can still access the content without buying reset scrolls or dungeon keys from the cash shop, but one of the horrors that I still remember is $30 for a 6 slot upgrade to one character's inventory. Does such madness still abound?

Friday, May 30th 2014, 10:03pm

Sure. I can't remember the prices of bag upgrades off the top of my head. It is cheap to get a relatively nice bag, but I need to check the price of the upgrade, but a huge bag can get quite expensive. There is a reincarnation system now, where you can make a character within another character, that shares runes, stable, bag (the itemshop part of the bag is shared between all reincarnations and the main) and bank slots, and every other itemshop thing you can think of. They also share the gold and a bunch of other stuff, so when it comes to the itemshop, you only need to upgrade once and you can have that affect multiple characters.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Friday, May 30th 2014, 10:24pm

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

May not be p2w there but it is pretty well nonexistent.

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 8:21am

Ofc there is a p2p server. But it has already low population and i think it will have half of the current population after free subscription extendings ended..!