You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 11th 2021, 5:20pm

Discussion thread for Tournament of Blood

I'm glad TOB came back, but I am disappointed at the amount of "rewards" that are useless since Green Layer.
All this dust which is used to craft overpriced insignia's you can get from just compass:

And then there are these useless Amalgam for the same purpose, which no one uses:

So I don't understand why we pay for a ticket and get so little out of it because literally half the rewards are these useless items.
I know you'll say as mods that there are people that do use these, but I don't see that viable or efficient at all.
I'd liked to have seen alternate rewards because this is somewhat forcing people into a certain gameplay assuming you do use them.
The rest seems good, I like the MoA rewards at lv100, nice change of pace. But then again same price for a ticket as the last Tournament of Bloods, for as far you can call it a tournament anymore, because there won't be a PvP/PvE tournament so what are we doing xD
I don't see why the price is the same for less content compared to last time.
And it's less content because devs decided not to roll a tournament because they ruined the class balancing, so we get less because they messed up but we pay the same?

I've got a hard time to find logic in these tournaments anymore. and you could say there goes dragagon again making dramagon again but I don't make this up. It's here and it's real.

Thursday, November 11th 2021, 5:32pm

Tournament of Blood Discussion thread

Hey guys, because there is no discuss button, I decided to do it myself :P

I like that tournament of Blood has returned, but I am disappointed on several factors.
1st thing I want to discuss is that a lot of the rewards we're going to be getting are useless.
No one I know uses dust or amalgam anymore. It's a waste of gold to craft insignia's, you can just get them from compass dungeons for free and it's a big gold sink if you do craft them.

It's a lot of these that we'll get but it's useless to have them so we'd end up tossing these out, and thus our price value should be less valuable because a lot of that will be wasted. Same goes for the Amalgam. Why would you even bother including this in the reward pool? I know you'll say there's people using these to craft insignia's but why would you do that if u can go compass dungeons with players and play the game?

Then there's the matter where you call it Tournament of Blood, only there is no tournament?
No prize pool either. Less content, less prizes for the same price of the ticket.
And why no tournament? because classes are unbalanced according to devs, which is something on their end to fix. But they didn't, but still decided to keep the same price?

Logic's far to look for :(

Friday, November 12th 2021, 10:09am

ironist

Trainee

Well, YOU call it Tournament of Blood, but the actual name of the event is Battle Campaign as this is just a filler event before ToB. In addition, unlike ToB, you can earn up to 1290 Crystals or Mark of Accomplishment, which clearly meets the ticket price.
Rave

Friday, November 12th 2021, 10:59am

Aionwen

Professional

i am very unhappy with this way the game takes with this thingi whatever its called. for me its kinda like a saisonpass.

i was told that the rewards help you a lot gearing or getting resources and iam strictly against any bonuses or payments that make the regular playing even more p2w as runes etcpp. for me its just like i have to pay now just to grind tob otherwise i fall behind.

besides that, i would like to spend money btw for costumes but NOT to have a grindquestline i pay for, that even exceeds...

+ for removing useless rewards evrywhere!
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Friday, November 12th 2021, 10:55pm

Well, YOU call it Tournament of Blood, but the actual name of the event is Battle Campaign as this is just a filler event before ToB. In addition, unlike ToB, you can earn up to 1290 Crystals or Mark of Accomplishment, which clearly meets the ticket price.
Taking the literal Tournament of Blood system, and sticking a different name onto it does not justify this da heck xD

Saturday, November 13th 2021, 9:07am

ironist

Trainee

Yeah, it does actually. You can't complain like "ThIs iS tOuRnAmEnT oF BlOoD bUt tHeRe Is nO tOuRNamEnT" if it is not a Tournament of Blood but Battle Campaign. This is the main reason why they preferred the name change because there wasn't going to be any tournament for this event anyways. So, there is no logic in whining about not having a tournament with this event tbh.

I think you should be grateful for the devs not skipping this event by waiting for the class changes before bringing Tournament of Blood back. Having an event is better than not having one at all.

You're only right about the not so useful rewards such as the amalgam and dust multipliers, though.
Rave

Saturday, November 13th 2021, 2:18pm

i dont really see any usage of this thing in total (never have)
is there is even any point beside getting minor neglible boni?
only point of tournament of blood is providing a tournament for those who enjoy PVP along with party-building and a strict time-schedule?!

Saturday, November 13th 2021, 10:37pm

i dont really see any usage of this thing in total (never have)
is there is even any point beside getting minor neglible boni?
only point of tournament of blood is providing a tournament for those who enjoy PVP along with party-building and a strict time-schedule?!
Vanity, aka mmo endgame?

Sunday, November 14th 2021, 4:23am

lol vanity :rolleyes:

isnt mmo-endgame normally amassing as much (ideally permanent) boni as possible to broaden the gap to those who do not do the same in order to dominate in PVP?

nah, i get it, its fine
it would suck to have actually useful things that are impossible to get whatever you do, even if you farm 24/7

basically this 1% more damage / heal buff "winner of XY" some players have is the reward 8o

still waiting for some kind of 1 vs 1 tournament
ranking could happen passively meaning no time-schedule is necessary as players just fight when they are online and the system would always pair those of similar ranks to determine the very best

Rate this thread