You are not logged in.

Wednesday, January 19th 2022, 9:46am

Another nerf for psi? you wont believe this...

from patchnotes:

Ruby 'Three-Edged Blade' : Fixed the ruby effect to be triggered no more often than once every 40 sec.
Ruby 'Deadly Shadow' : Fixed the ruby effect to be triggered no more often than once every 40 sec.

"fixed"... like this was broken...

keeping up perma wounds and perma vulnearability was one of the unique abilities and few things that helped to compensate the shortcomings of psi to some point which already has no selfheal as the only class and no proper damagemitigation beside the figleaf of a shield for a few seconds

nerfing it even further is beyond questionable. psi is already a class almost nobody plays :wacko:
8 out of 10 times i am the only psi in battleground

do the guys who balance things hate psi so much? ;(

Thursday, January 20th 2022, 12:23am

people who "balance" classes on allods are a group of talented and very passionate hard workers who, obviously, has no time to play the game. So they do things in the hope that something will work out.

Thursday, January 20th 2022, 11:51am

Aionwen

Professional

perma wounds and perma vulnearability was one of the unique abilities and few things that helped to compensate the shortcomings of psi

*hust* correct me if im wrong, but as we all heard in years SOME guys LOVE to play totally unfair and OP oneshooterclasses and if THIS peeps complain about something nerft no1 cares?

why psi is no attractiv class is another question? im open to suggestions... i played incapsi last month and it was kinda fun to sniper with assassin but beside that it wasnt really exciting to psi around...

maybe its a hit and run damageburst class therefor you dont need permavuln?
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Thursday, January 20th 2022, 9:43pm

perma wounds and perma vulnearability was one of the unique abilities and few things that helped to compensate the shortcomings of psi

*hust* correct me if im wrong, but as we all heard in years SOME guys LOVE to play totally unfair and OP oneshooterclasses and if THIS peeps complain about something nerft no1 cares?

why psi is no attractiv class is another question? im open to suggestions... i played incapsi last month and it was kinda fun to sniper with assassin but beside that it wasnt really exciting to psi around...

maybe its a hit and run damageburst class therefor you dont need permavuln?

its not really about me if thats what you mean, personally im still pretty fine but in general its an unfortunate change. also while i do enjoy unfair situations like simple kills, allods is far from being unfair in general as even a rookie player can become a reasonable opponent if he gears up tp 115%. while psi IS a burstclass, its also (since the last big rewok of all classes with dane patch) a class that was able to keep up permanent pressure with woulds, cowardice and vulnearability. perfect to put nice pressure even on fullheals.
in a group, as psi was a nice addition as it meant you could focus down players. this worked even without any words as it was a clear situation to everyone

have you felt psi is overpowered due to the way these rubies worked before and now you are happy because it has been nerfed?

except form a full geared player that

i stay with what i have said. this change wont help with psi being the least played class in this game... :S

Friday, January 21st 2022, 1:12am

They indeed did kill the psi pvp support if this is true :( I haven't tried it myself but also curious why this was a "fix" when it was working for intended for such a long time.

Friday, January 21st 2022, 11:02am

Aionwen

Professional

jes excactly, i felt my 4 psiincas with almost no cashshop and just with a full set from actual sector, via collectorsedition cleansingscroll, were overpowered only with this rubies.
it was up to 100% of the time that i made mostly few damage BUT enemies registered that theres a supportpsio spamming assassin coz they were dying to fast and our cashcows didnt like it and i then almost all the time got some1 chasing me or trying coz even with cc, this lousy raceskillshield and twin i could survive often long enough that they were killed under effects of debuffs and we talk not about noobs.
i like to do incas and thats something i didnt have had this way with any other class since i played meleesuppdruid with permashield and vuln on impside and they nerft petulti - time void with vulerability was amazing how fast the mercs slay down mobs too..

would say its not kinda an coincidence, when i choose a class to lvlup that could be even undergeared viable in pvp with some skill during the time i leech through bgs for ama and meteorshards etc and next patch they nerf the opskill... i know why i choosed psiosup, coz i wanted to help with debuff and it worked neatless (i also wanted to level up with phantomtanks - killing red bosses alone, invincible phantoms holding aggro could be nerft next)

i always said that vulnerabilty is a very strong debuff and i stay to it. its like sniping. patches before, supportmeleecleric got dis and i got a domifight were the focussummi hide behind trees afraid of this buff...

Saturday, January 22nd 2022, 12:17pm

almost all the time got some1 chasing me or trying coz even with cc, this lousy raceskillshield and twin i could survive often long enough that they were killed under effects of debuffs and we talk not about noobs.

level up with phantomtanks - killing red bosses alone, invincible phantoms holding aggro could be nerft next

more likely they just chased you because as an undergeared reinc were an easy target - killing those is easy, fun and boosts the carnifexbuff
i go after the weakest ones aswell first - aside from the things said above it allows to make sure people focus on the geared players as there simply isnt anthying else left to target plus many heals try to keep the ungeared alive which results in a waste of heal in total

the "phantomtank" thing is nice for playing around (i enjoy leveling aswell) but completely irrelevant in the large picture (and endgame PVE / PVP). there was a change where they made phantoms invincible, wasnt always like that
i highly doubt this will get a change - but then again after "fixing" (beaking!) something that worked as it should, who knows :wacko:

Saturday, January 22nd 2022, 2:41pm

Aionwen

Professional

jea jea, i know the carnifexbuff, its the dead of this game, all chimps running around to kill noobs so they get damageprotection and stuff but in generel its just so that all others are punished to carry noobs and imho this cannot be right in a mmorpg with such a long entrycurve depending on new players. feels like the patienceless shootergeneration killed epic battles for fast cummings.
i can differenciate when peeps are heading for me esp when they tryed before and it wasnt neither easy fun nor triggered carnifex... some just take it personell to be permavulned by guildless nonames and develop a burning need to compensate for their broken ego by revenge against weaklings i know...

but as you mentioned before there are geard players that need to be killed urgely and dis players are very well aware of any disturbance from the usual and a single suppsi shortening their beloved killingstreaks will be noted and suddenly i got a lackey all the time... long talking short, without permavuln that wouldnt happen dis way and so i conclude its kinda overpowered as it makes the class a favorite target over other ungeared classes... eg mage or summi i played got mostly ignored up to the moment a carnifexboost was really needed...

Saturday, January 22nd 2022, 6:46pm

Sounds like this carnifex stuff is a problem. Perhaps try Smuggler's Paradise?
Ranting over pay to win really isn't an option anymore.

Sunday, January 23rd 2022, 2:46am

mmorpg with such a long entrycurve depending on new players.

current gearup system really favors newcomers - the more BG you play the faster you gear up
last miniseason i geared up by almost only doing BG and ended up with a decent gearscore. sometimes pretty high % drops from BG - rarely but it does

feels like the patienceless shootergeneration killed epic battles for fast cummings

that are the feelings i had when they "erased a few zeroes" from damage and health like with the overinflated currency of some shitholecountry
result was everyone was dead within 2 or 3 seconds in battleground and many mechanics broken beyond repair - like mount/assaultshell heal, guildruby-cc-heal and so on

some just take it personell to be permavulned by guildless nonames and develop a burning need to compensate for their broken ego by revenge against weaklings i know...

i tend to see top geared players not getting attacked from a lot of players (even when no undergeared ones are left)
it is a psychological thing that makes many avoid a battle with a player that is superior
very few players who attack EVERYTHING on sight exist - for me this always was enjoyable - after all there is nothing to lose but everything to gain in such a situation

so taking "revenge" on undergeared ones also helps with receiving less dmg als these - if they follow the pattern i noted above - likely will refrain from attacking this one further as they are demoralized
i note this myself often, if i battleground i kill a player once, he fights back the next time he sees me. after killing him again, he trys a second time, dies again. 3rd time he gets more passive and 4th, 5th time even if i engage in battle he likely wont even bother to attack me. exceptions exist but this is the common behavior.
if a friendly healer takes care of me even those who are overgeared abstain usually as a good healer can keep 2 players alive, i have high survivability means im full again with 1 heal plus without dying like paper i can bring overgeared players down aswell in an unproblematic way

permavuln that wouldnt happen dis way and so i conclude its kinda overpowered as it makes the class a favorite target over other ungeared classes... eg mage or summi i played got mostly ignored up to the moment a carnifexboost was really needed...

if a player is focussed it is possible for all to still keep almost perma-vul on him with the players rotating the skills
so might play a small role on this but psi being PAPER and an easy kill is even more inviting. think of which class goes down fastest. psi has ONE relevant damagemitigation, the blue racial shield. ecto is borderline useless, twin can be countered with astral sight potion and thats it.