You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 8th 2022, 3:26am

Returning Player Needs Help

So I am returning to Allods after not playing for about 2 years now and I have some questions. Which side is more active? Can the game be played completely f2p or with low investment now? What classes are best for pve now and best for pvp? Are there still people actively raiding and does pvp pop often? I know i should probably use my old characters, but its been so long that i dont know how to play them anymore, so Id rather start fresh. Also are there active guilds?

Friday, July 8th 2022, 10:17am

This game is more and more single player on low lvl maps, ghost towns. "More" players are on Alliance side, like always.
I'm pure F2P* and I hit lvl100 x2 with 1+free reincarnation. I do my private Allod (jungle) and have lvl6 runes for free (gift chest lvl80), mount 160% speed x2 (free gift chest lvl60 and lvl70). Well this game is good now for pve.
I have great joy to play this game now.
(*I want to spend 10 Eur, but website is broken, can't buy now)

<I want spend 10 Eur on game, because this is my "thank you" to Admin for this great game and fact i can play and hit max lvl, with no real cash spend to the game>

I recommended you to play as:
1) Scout
2) Warrior
3) Psionic
4) Necromanter
5) Cleric

I like Scout and Cleric mostly.

Rest classes you can play as well. They are most "played" now in game.

For PvP is a problem because of Cash Shopers. It ruin whole game with this, but you can avoid it completely.
Runes lvl13 x6 and Shells will kill you in 1 hit. So don't warry, you can skip this part and join some dungeons (CTRL + M )
Yes Allods was made for PvE not pvp, since beginning.
Have a fun! :thumbup:

Tahayan

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "u_218871794" (Jul 8th 2022, 10:24am)

Saturday, July 9th 2022, 8:10pm

Quoted

Runes lvl13 x6 and Shells will kill you in 1 hit

this is the result of players having a full II 110% - 115% gearset with III parts in it from raids
- not of runes

since II and III parts give a stamine and vigor bonus - the most powerful stats - they change battledynamic a lot
put a full II 110% - 115% gearset with III parts - player to level 8 runes and he will cut through opponents like a hot knife through butter aswell

however put an average geared ~100% I gear player to full itemshop + lv 13 runes and he will has slightly improved performance but nothing more

now let the poorly geared full itemshop battle with a fully geared poor itemshopped player and 10 of 10 times the fully geared one will win in a superior way :rolleyes:

i will never forget when i actually took all the effort to "gear up" properly... again... its like a hot knife vs butter

Quoted

Can the game be played completely f2p or with low investment now?

definitely yes but as in all stateful games the more you play / farm the stronger you get and the easier things become
if you expect to be equal to a 10 year playing veteran after 2 months think again. wont happen...

reaching what people refer to as "full cashshop" and level 9 runes as a free player (would be level 10 by now i guess) i am along with others like me the proof you can thrive even a a non-donator - and there are far more active players than me...

only things i "lack" are orange / teal / yellow 2nd earringslot which i just dont felt like getting and combatvehicles i would not use anyways (only using lightning, mirage and titan)
rather save up my gold in case there will come some actually useful new itemshop thing one day :)
i also do not waste gold on temporary items except the one carnifex thing

Quoted

What classes are best for pve now and best for pvp? Are there still people actively raiding and does pvp pop often? I know i should probably use my old characters, but its been so long that i dont know how to play them anymore, so Id rather start fresh. Also are there active guilds?

both sides are "active" on free server (means you see players, can trade, people ask for group activities, auctions are full and so on), league has more players

for PVE every class is alright - go to attack aspect and go for high bloodlust (heal from damage) and leveling is a breeze
dedicated veterans can level from 0 to 100 within 2 or 3 days (some might even in 1)

for PVP currently sorcerer seems to be the most potent class but i have seen well doing scounts and psis aswell

paladin and warrior is in the middle and healing and supportclasses seem to do not so well at the moment

demonolog is not rewarding enough for the complex way of playing in regular PVP (battleground). in open world pvp it is king due to selfheal and permanent invisibility
same as healing classes have a distinct advantage in open world PVP

i strongly recommend to overthink starting a new char if you already have one. just go by the recommended skills with the small yellow stars and you will be OK. you can still make a reincarnation later at max level. it will share the itemshop-boni of the progenitor

pvp pops regularly als always on free server :)

as for guild ask in chat for 20% exp guild - this will speed up things!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 10th 2022, 1:33pm)

Wednesday, August 10th 2022, 11:02am

thanks for taking the time to explain.