You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, December 8th 2022, 6:46am

Are Bards and Engineers the same?

From what I can tell, Bards and Engineers seem to have extremely similar kits. Are they basically the same in what they bring to the table?

Thursday, December 8th 2022, 12:20pm

Aionwen

Professional

no

i played bard and engi as fullsupport for a while and the differenzes in playstyle and performance are significant depend on content.

engi has way more cc in higher frequency which arent so strong while bard has two dragontearskills as mainccs one is veryvery strong.
ergo engi is good in disrupting large amounts of enemys in massfights with spider + steeltrap + aoeccshot + ASstun + red alert + reload + spider + steeltrap, while bard can stun better in 6v6 with entree.

bard has no effectiv selfheal while engi has his own sanatorium.
bard has a very strong shield + damagereflektion and a near lackless rotation for defencebuffing while engi has a gap in shielding where he can use his other rescueskills
engi has the ultimative saveskill and teleports just away somewhere into invis while bard gets only 90% damageabsorb

bard has romance which is exceptional good at domi to steal circles, engi has no such thing.
bard has none damage burst like engi with colossus.
bard needs classressouces, engi doesnt care.

all in all i assume that bard is designed as a pvpsupporter for domi or 6v6fights with dedicated groups while engi isnt instantly useless when your groupmembers in bgs shit as always on grouping and just run around like headless chickens, thats why i prefer bgs with engi and domi with bard.
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aionwen" (Dec 8th 2022, 2:25pm)

Thursday, December 8th 2022, 3:30pm

bard has a very strong shield + damagereflektion and a near lackless rotation for defencebuffing while engi has a gap in shielding where he can use his other rescueskills
engi has the ultimative saveskill and teleports just away somewhere into invis while bard gets only 90% damageabsorb

Seems outdated to me.
Both supports offer the same amount of defense, with engineer having the advantage to reset Power Field.
Both bard's acoustic barrier and engineer's Iron Curtain do the same thing.

In short, the classes are very similar and have minor differences in the role they play and gameplay.