You are not logged in.

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 1:17pm

Yulian

Intermediate

• "Yulian" started this thread

How to solve lag in YT

Ok so as I was swearing and cursing one day while lagging trough YT I thought to myself.
What if we had a button or option to show/hide other players?
I've seen games that have it and its good, Why not to have it? Its not like it would
ruin anything or something.
Say what you think about it and support me! :thumbup:

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 3:24pm

i support you!

make a button to stop the client loading data from other players, this will reduce network-lag and fps lag too

there is a game called king of kings 3, in which u are already able to do so, a great thing

allods is superior to it in every aspect but the one to block the data of other players

a more realistic situation: make CHANNLES in yasker-tower like we have in wellebell, but make the channels not load-sensitive, make thm permanent

or make yasker-tower instanced ? but this one would be hard

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 9:20pm

Yulian

Intermediate

No, not make ch for YT only better make CH for the whole server like a PVP chanel, Trade chanel, PVE chanel. But that is alot harder i think
than making a button to hide/show other players in all areas, everywhere:D

Saturday, June 7th 2014, 11:34pm

only thing important here is if enemys come to yasker tower (league), what to do with them?
my recommendation would be: if warflag = OFF then they can be discarded, but when warflag 0 ON they are loaded alwys

so we get these new options:

Load allied Players ON / OFF
Load enemy Players ON / OFF -> Info: does only work if your warflag is turned OFF

players which you are in group with will be loaded

btw this would also imporve the performance of the server in general

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 9:03am

Nyashiro

Intermediate

And add another button for the arrogants: Load only players from the same guild. :D
Blindoz
Blindos
Blintrez
And so on..

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 9:32am

Play around with your settings, including trying to disable texture caching. Allods already has scripts in place to do this kind of things. For example, if your connection is too slow (like 1KB/s), it will reduce the distance at which players and enemies are loaded. You have dynamic switching between high and low poly models. Decrease the distance for low poly if you have to.

You can also go to IoR and use the bank/auction house there if Yasker's Tower doesn't do it for you. But if Yasker's Tower is lagging bad for you, I can't see you raiding or doing raid dominion. At least for me, my fps is lower there. :(
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 3:59pm

Yulian

Intermediate

Biromir:
I have settings on minimum already( my comp is about 5 year old) Thing with IoR is what about the gb npc, guild npc, battlegrounds npcs and such?

And for that "What if enemys come in YT?" Its no problem you'll see them after you died, or at least find out that they came. But I hardly ever seen or heard of league raid on YT and viceversa, no?

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 7:14pm

Lol why bother this never gonna happen .... :S

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 8:07pm

Yulian

Intermediate

I know but still maybe a gm or mod will browse the forums and find this thread you never know

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 9:07pm

Play around with your settings, including trying to disable texture caching. Allods already has scripts in place to do this kind of things. For example, if your connection is too slow (like 1KB/s), it will reduce the distance at which players and enemies are loaded. You have dynamic switching between high and low poly models. Decrease the distance for low poly if you have to.

You can also go to IoR and use the bank/auction house there if Yasker's Tower doesn't do it for you. But if Yasker's Tower is lagging bad for you, I can't see you raiding or doing raid dominion. At least for me, my fps is lower there. :(

the options in allods sadly only concern rendering, but not network, so not rendering all these players will only help if your computer is the bottleneck, however if "your internet" is the problm it wont help at all since all players are still loaded, while not rendered :(

however what allods will do, is if a slow connection, no players will be rendered regardless of the settings, and only NPCs will be loaded. interaction with them has a 12 second delay then :(

its interesting that the "big load" of data is only a burst however, because when monitoring network traffic you will see its like 50KB/s for a few seconds and then goes back to only 3 or 4 KB/s
if this burst cannot be recieved in a set time, the 12 second-lag will appear

im sure if anyone of the gamedevelopers will read this he knows what i mean :S

Rate this thread