You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 5th 2023, 4:25pm

Is This Game Still Not For Me?

I've been thinking of Allods again lately. I would like to potentially get back into it, but there's just too much that pushed me away. I started years and years ago, around the time Gipat was introduced and I played for years. I absolutely loved the game and got so invested, but then it started to change.

It started to lean more into the slow progression system. They claimed it was to help the lesser fortunate so that instead of potential weeks or months of nothing, they could now guarantee at least progress, but I hated that change because it now made EVERYTHING take months to do instead of getting the thrill of getting lucky. I also really hate how expensive the cash shop is. I once made a thread a while back complaining how the cash shop is beyond too expensive and is in the ludicrously outrageous territory, and someone defended it, stating it was a slow game you're meant to spend time on and buy over time, but I did some thinking and realized that that's a terrible excuse. Yeah, it could make sense if it was just a few hundred dollars needed, but no, it's multiple thousands of dollars needed to "catch up" for a new player, with constantly more needed. There's no justifying that. It's a game that caters to the whales. It would take over $100 a month to be able to catch up after a few years.

Anyway, rant over. Sorry about that. I'm just really passionate about this game. I loved it, but it slowly pushed me away with the drastically increased grind and obscene cash shop. Do you still need to upgrade so many things like gear and is the cash shop still expect the average player to spend at least $30 a month?

Thursday, October 5th 2023, 6:04pm

Hey Obeik!

Well there´s the P2P Server (afaik they do Nihaz and Domi just like the F2P just need a bit more of coordination for BG pop for example) where you won´t have to spend money other than for buying the Subscription. For the F2P it depends I´d say. If you have most perma CS items it´s still hard with $30 a month if you want to have all temp CS items. They´re usually offered in AH if you farm enough Gold ingame you usually can buy them from AH but also I´ve seen players who don´t have everything and still doing things like Nihaz etc. :thumbsup:

If you have any other questions feel free to ask here! :thumbsup:

Greetings!
Allods Online Discord https://discord.gg/CcpVYQvAae

Friday, October 6th 2023, 5:02am

Oops, buggy site made it double post

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Obeik" (Oct 6th 2023, 5:21am)

Friday, October 6th 2023, 5:04am

In my years of playing, I did manage to eventually gather most of the basic permanent CS items, so I'm not really worried too much about catching up from new. I currently have 2 concerns with the game. From the website here, it seems like all life has been sapped. The only updates I see are sales, automated holidays, and the occasional patch note or other near automated thing. Would you believe back when I first started, the mods were super active with special games and events and it was often that they'd interact with the community?

My other concern is mostly the gear upgrading. I've loathed that system since it was introduced and it almost single-handedly drove me away from the game, on top of the absurd cash shop stuff. This doesn't exclusively extend to gear upgrading, though. Other things in the game are designed in a way that it expects players to play actively every day for months to get anywhere, and I just really don't like that forced commitment feel. My motivation tends to come in bursts. When it hits, I like to try to get alot done, but it seems like "getting alot done at once" just isn't something that can be done. I'd like to believe I could max out my gear in a month with either 10 hours a week of power gaming or simply 20 to 30 hours a week of casual gaming.

Actually, what am I saying. I miss getting gear and then not having to worry about upgrading it. I miss the thrill of getting lucky and getting that drop I've been grinding for. I just hate the feeling that actually getting a piece merely allows me to START working on it. I just can't stand the feeling that this piece of gear I just got is weak and now I have to work for hours over several weeks or even months to max it out and not have to worry about it anymore.

Friday, October 6th 2023, 7:39pm

Hey!
We do still have Events going on maybe less than before tho. But last for example was the outfit contest for Atoll where players were able to hand in costume ideas. Discord on the other side is a bit more active there are quite often some minigames whilst an Server update. :thumbsup:

For the gear Maintenanceou get 14 keys daily which whilst doing Al Rihat (Should be done after like around 30 min) or an Astral run. Also for Tier 3 the easiest way is to do Nihaz (There are couple of guilds doing Nihaz) otherwise you would need to farm a bit more I guess to get the materials to craft Astralium Material for T3 items. So in my opinion T2 is easy doable in casual playing and even if you´re in a Guild which is doing Nihaz it´s doable rather fast by now and doesn´t take that much time anymore.
But yes it is about upgrading and not about being lucky (Only thing you need luck are the drops for Tier 1 gear to get 115% which is max %).

Greetings!

Sunday, October 8th 2023, 11:45am

From my point of view:
The game is only and only about guild fight: dominion. That's the main focus.
To be king there need some runes and CS items and fight skills, fight build, fight stats and gear.
Lowest gear can you get from astral: 90%, but I got 105% uncursed.

Than from Rihat you can get up to 106% every slot, 103% is very easy and cheap, 106% takes a bit more.

With materials from Astral runs you can craft layer 2 gears, which are a bit stronger.
Keep playing daily, consuming astral keys and using the free convertor ( no cash shop) you will have more than the inactive players and less than the cash shop users. So you will be in the middle at Battlegounds too: not on top, not on bottom.
The Artifacts, draconics, layer 3 gears are comming from raids.

Those are huge resourse draining ( money requirement) but if you find a group, who are spending min 250eur / month (and you too) sooner or later you will be on those raids and sooner or later you will get loot too and than you will be asked to participate in Dominion :)
But what can you do, if you don't pay 150-500 eur / month?

- well, no top gears for you.
- not in top 3 in BG ( or just sometimes)
Lays say you play active and "almost free".
With years you will know on what to spend money and when, that is a huge advantage!
Practically you can keep up with they new released cash shop items and runes "with the pack" - not on top.
If you don't spend and not play actively ( and not wise) you can't reset you build to PvP, to PvE:
-hence you will be a punchbag on BG... probably and Astral dps build... or you go to astral with a kind of PvP build and stats, because:
Astral require full Determination and Bloodlust
PvP: 0 Bloodlust, or top gear to make huge dps , than not need Caution, and Vitality and can use Bloodlust, but that is so particular...
At PvP, some are using 70% Proficency and 30% Brutality. Tanks are using Determination. But having a tank build . you cvan't do the Rihat and KoE dailiewss, so need again the stats+geart switch.
At Premium level 5:
- you can buy Premium insignia of defense /attack ( orange) for 8+8 crystals, for 30 day. So need to be Premium 5, but that is 120 euro?
-otherwise... not sitching the gear stats or pay ingame gold to buy insignias from AH or ear BG emblems for indsignias.....or fail, because of wrong stats.
Water of death needed to reset builds.

I have the conmdensed ( permanet) and it was like 100 or 150 euro or so - hence not cheap.
Otyherwise fail: need to buy the 7 day valid one with 600 premium crstals, which is from 1000 normal cristals, so is 10Euro, but is limited how much can you convert.
When is a big patch it is a freee reset, but while you learn and test the new build need a lot of stats change, beecause is different the same build with messed up stats, so it helps the stats switch too from gear and from Water of Life too.
And this is the MAIN reason why free players fail: they need to pay so much to reset the stats and build, hence they quit, when can't they do even astral!!!
Many-many players can't do Astral with 5x free merc, where the , mobs are a bit stronger and the Merc weaker, like Orange sector, Fablet.. sector...
And when you can't get basic gear from astral... you can't do Rihat, KoE, at BG you are seeked to be 1 shoted and so on.
So, take a non Domi focused guild ( not top 5)

Don't expected to be invitrted to Raid and if so, than don't expect to be given any loot.

Learn the PvP skills from BG, by reseting the build and stats: just to many times!
(Now the "medium" rune what you need is around 9-11 or so for BG and Astral)

If you pay the Miraculous ark, you save a lot of time and insufficient gear while leveling , and is like 56 Eur :)
You need bag / bank / mounths/ ear slot/ trears . Kinda 100 euro each :)
Other 200 Eur for rubie scrolls
Other 200 Euro for talent scrool
Other 200 euro for Carnifex (permanet ones)

Other 100-200 for Shell / month talents.

So after you payed like 3000 euro , you can play comfortably, just keep up with runes ( yearly 300 euro) - but you will be a medium, not a top player.
Once I have calculated: just to keep the temp items you need like 80 Euro.
------------------
Pay to Play server, is actually Dragagon's server in whatever fraction are you. :)
This you will remeind you when you want a slot in raid, heroics, or loot in raid or win in domi :)
And... he is frierndly initailly to keep near him and be able to farm you, just like Legends, or Ascendancy :P

Sunday, October 8th 2023, 1:12pm

Hey!

From Astrals you´re also able to get 115% an below ofc (Need plenty of luck tho!) Same for BG draw when you won. It always drops gear if you won and if you´re lucky enough even 115%. Also in Al Rihat you can get 109% Insignias with the big chests which spawn every hour and with winning 5 times Chaos you get 112% Insignias. Also by killing the Bosses in Al Rihat you´ll spend your keys for upgrading to T2. If you get 14 keys daily and do a whole Al Rihat run you´ll be able to spend all your keys so wouldn´t need to run Astrals too for upgrading Gear. (Only at the start when you have more than 14 keys ofc)

But I disagree that people only get a raidspot with spending 250€ a month. Obs isn´t that hard and there you´ll get some resources for T3 gear already. The main things you need to upgrade for T3 you´ll only drop in Nihaz which might be a bit harder to get a spot in but even there our Raid for example isn´t full 13s runes neither full CS. We mainly have people with good runes and cs but with the right amount of coordination and communication + correct builds and stats and upgraded gear it´s clearly doable with some less CS. (I saw many complains from Players not being able to do Nihaz whilst they seem to have wrong builds or stats -> kinda low DPS but also do have WoD and WoL!, also not really upgrading gear to T2 and missing communication via Discord.)

The Insignias to change stats on your gear you also get from doing Distortions and you don´t have to be Premium to buy them in CS either.

We have many people who actually don´t mind helping with builds and stats (The Dragagon link to the Discord for example where they seem to update builds and stats if people ask for it.) Also it´s free until a specific level if you see you don´t get too far with the one you tried out yourself you can reset for free and ask someone.

Also I disagree that you shouldn´t chose a Top 5 Guild. People don´t mind helping for Astral runs to get better % gear for example. Also especially Obs you would easily find a spot if it´s not a 12 people fix raid. Which isn´t the case in most Guilds I think for Obs. (But only can speak about my Guild and there we do have spots for Obs and wouldn´t mind taking everyone) And in our case you´d even be able to loot most of the draconics in Obs since barely anyone in Main Raid needs them anymore. In Nihaz you´ll drop the items you need to upgrade to T3 yourself anyways. So the "Don´t expect to be given any Loot in Raids" is wrong.

After all it clearly is easier to get a Raid spot; good Domi Party spot if you have most CS etc. But at the end of the day it´s clearly doable with not being full 13s / Full CS especially if you´re in a Guild which is used to play together for a while and where the communication in raids is on point because at the end of the day many people forget that communication and following the tactics is also very important in Raids.

Sunday, October 8th 2023, 3:14pm

It is true, "you can get 115%" - it is a probability...
But what is the REAL chanse to get like 5 slots of 115% , like this in a mini seazon? - Absolutly 0!
You can get 1 or 2 in reality, with big luck. Even cursed is a big luck! and worth thinking to uncurse on cheaper purify scrrols: blue, epic.
Chaos 112% insigniad, but need replicators to multiply. Those are are from TOB - need to pay, or buy individually...
I havn't seen anyone be able to make full 112% from Chaos + TOB multiplicator! - need Heroics, and Heroics needs party, and no random party, just in guild and there fixed party, not the newbies :(

So it is a chance: yes, in theory!

Want to gear with 112%:
You have 18 gear slot.
You need 18 week Chaos + every time 3x replicator. 18 week is 4 month but a miniseazon is 2-3 month.
10x triple replicator => only for Premium3! for 200 crystals.
Need 18 triple replicator, so 2 iot would be enough-> 400 crystals ( 4 euro)
Sadly the astral repolicator is just 2x for 8 crystals, so is needed 18x3/2= 27 week for Chaos, which is 6 month => impossible to get 112% full set.
From Astrals you´re also able to get 115% an below ofc (Need plenty of luck tho!)
Same for BG draw when you won. It always drops gear if you won and if you´re lucky enough even 115%.
Also in Al Rihat you can get 109% Insignias with the big chests which spawn every hour and with winning 5 times
Chaos you get 112% Insignias. Also by killing the Bosses in Al Rihat you´ll spend your keys for upgrading to T2.

If you get 14 keys daily and do a whole Al Rihat run you´ll be able to spend all your keys so wouldn´t need to run Astrals too for upgrading Gear. (Only at the start when you have more than 14 keys ofc)

Sunday, October 8th 2023, 3:36pm

Yes the chances aren´t too high to get 115% but for example legendary Patch arrived and I usually don´t open my draws from BG until they open themselves after a week or when I know a Patch should arrive soon so I had a few draws from BG and was lucky enough to get 1 115% item straight away. If you do enough BG and keep the draws just before a new layer you might be lucky with some good % (And a big + is that they´re not cursed! :thumbsup: ).

Also I didn´t say you would be full 112% by doing Chaos I just mentioned where you can get them too without having a party of players :D But for heroics also there it depends on the guild/players. There are guilds who take "lower" people to heroics too. Many people simply don´t ask for heroics for example because exactly of this thinking that people wouldn´t even take newbies. But like I use to say : People who don´t ask can´t be helped. :(
And you can get free replicators if you played last season (And before and so on) because your (in 13.0 World elixirs) will be exchanged to tarnished ones and there you can trade them for some things at the relic master next to the anvil. Who also offers experimental replis. If you farmed enough the season before no need to spend anything. But obviously that only works if you played the season before.
But at least the 112% from Chaos (even tho you won´t be full 112%) helps. :thumbsup:

Also (you would need to farm some Amalgam for this one tho) you can craft % insignias at the anvil.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Telisia" (Oct 8th 2023, 3:56pm)

Tuesday, October 10th 2023, 5:01am

That's unfortunate. Seems like the current endgame is still not something I can enjoy. However, I can probably enjoy hopping on from time to time to enjoy the old leveling zones. Maybe I'll reset one of my incarnations and have another go? I'm sure I can still enjoy the questing and leveling, re-visiting my old "home" mmo. I seriously have so many memories in Sarnaut, I can't ever just truly let this game go, just maybe I can the endgame. It's not the same game I fell in love with, so I can do without it.