You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 17th 2014, 8:09pm

IAmGroot

Professional

^ these are fantastic views on this game.
Devs, take notes!

Wednesday, June 18th 2014, 12:01am

> all have same gear, so only class, spec and skill are different... would you like that?
> would be a PURE pvp server

Old astral confrontation (cannons, checkpoints) could definitely be a stand alone game. Old FPS like unreal tournament had very similar modes ( I'm thinking about domination/assault game modes in old unreal tournament from '99 and onslaught in unreal tournament 2004 )

Wasting time on very easy and repetitive content doesn't make much sense. We had to do it because only because pvp content requires gear. AFAIK no one would do astral just for astral. We did it for LOOT that was required in astral confrontation / skirmishes / open pvp. We would pvp even more if gear was not an issue.

if i want a stateless game i play one :) UT is VERY fun! 8o
however i play allods for having a stateful game which ensures my 2 years spent make me superior to these who do not play the same time

i agree about the astral thing, only astral that was fun to me was the autocollect with the free mercs
that was the only astral i ever did again and again btw, i rather have less gear than doing something that is not pleasent at all

we are lucky that we get austoastral again next patch :love:

Wednesday, June 18th 2014, 3:26pm

Wasting time on very easy and repetitive content doesn't make much sense. We had to do it because only because pvp content requires gear. AFAIK no one would do astral just for astral. We did it for LOOT that was required in astral confrontation / skirmishes / open pvp. We would pvp even more if gear was not an issue.

This isn't true. While I fully agree that easy allods are boring, something like s29-35 before nerf - especially Metallograd or Cinderland or Underwater Kingdom (with random, sometimes very hard modifiers), or "wealthy allod" modifier a8/a9 was wickedly awesome and I'd do it just for itself any day, everyday. I am really sad they actually removed most of the hardest modifiers from the game.

What ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER said, if I wanted a stateless game, I'd go play one.

Wednesday, June 18th 2014, 5:16pm

Alafff

Intermediate

oh please it is a mmorpg , stateless pvp can't exist , there will always be a difference in gear, in build etc etc.

What is good in sub is that everyone begin at the same level. There will not be an overpowered guy at the beginning rushing . And no unskilled idiots who rocks just because they put 5k euros in the game. And that why it is good to do pvp here. That why playing against Alliance or Nacktativ in dominion feels great. Because you know that everybody have a chance. After it is tactical and group play that some of them are lacking but at least it is fun.
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 2:13am

oh please it is a mmorpg , stateless pvp can't exist , there will always be a difference in gear, in build etc etc.

What is good in sub is that everyone begin at the same level. There will not be an overpowered guy at the beginning rushing . And no unskilled idiots who rocks just because they put 5k euros in the game. And that why it is good to do pvp here. That why playing against Alliance or Nacktativ in dominion feels great. Because you know that everybody have a chance. After it is tactical and group play that some of them are lacking but at least it is fun.

but when i discuss with payserver ppl i often have the feeling that they wish for stateless pvp :S

is there really a guild named "NACKTAKTIV" or was it a misspelling? because this would be a great name for a guild :D

as for the unskilled itiot with 5k €, he will still suck, no worries

there are evel players with level 12 runes which get baten by the ones with runes level 8... just because they fail in tactics / skill

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 2:14am

some important damagebuffs are not available at all

charlesbronson said he can solo s10 on the p2p server

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 2:17am

how is this related to the missing damagebuffs?

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 10:49am

Soloed s11 6 weeks ago when i unlocked it with mercs only, full run w/o 2nd set of lifes, it's not that hard.
For glory.

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 11:15am

is there really a guild named "NACKTAKTIV" or was it a misspelling? because this would be a great name for a guild :D

Yes, there really is. I have no clue what that means though.

Only thing that I can think of that is really missing, is patronage 5 on astral allods. In raids you get a buff that works as if you had it, and in pvp it's irrelevant because no one else has it either.

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 1:44pm

actually every mob drops lvl 4 mounts, the only thing that p2p does not have is a combat mount, and thank god we don't have that crap here.

sometimes you will find "elephant" mount (forgot the name) at auction house, and there's people running with "carpet" mount (forgot the name too), griffon mount, and plenty of all the others mounts on p2p. mounts aren't a issue on p2p, the rhino mount that i said people are giving them away for free (last night 3 members of our guild was giving mounts for free), i have mounts that i never had on f2p and
i still don't get what damage booster you are asking, we do have enough damage booster we don't need anything else, are you asking damage booster to win pvp? funny huh, so, you are asking something that you could have but your enemy doesn't have so you can win a fight with him on pvp? I see...I see a noob.

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 5:58pm

Alafff

Intermediate

i think i'm the only one still alive having the carpet on the league side :)
Elephant is mamooth you can drop it in astral. Rhino are really easy to drop and not bound until 5.0.01 so giving it is good too

As Allods-online-player said he is a f2p player, he want advantages , not equality

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 9:37pm

Quoted from "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER"

Yes, there really is. I have no clue what that means though.

at 1st i thought it maybe means "NACHTAKTIV" which simply means active during night (NACHT= night and AKTIV=active), but
"NACKTAKTIV" means naked active (NACKT= nude), so this is a funny wordgame :D
its maybe a nudist-gamegroup which is a great thing

the only thing that p2p does not have is a combat mount,

false
payserver does not have any mounts at speed over 16 like pegasus and mirage
grffon and elephant (mammoth?) mount are not bad but if i can have a highspeed pegasus i dont want anything else

we don't need anything else

its not all about NEEDING, but more about the comfort thats not available

the faster you can kill an enemy the better it is
theoretical perfect state would be onehitting everything (although i know there are playes which would not enjoy that)

damage booster to win pvp? funny huh, so, you are asking something that you could have but your enemy doesn't have so you can win a fight with him on pvp?

damegebooster is profitable for all belongs, pvp and pve

as i said before i enjoy a stateful game which rewards me for the time and effort i put it with superiority over those who did not
if you see this as nooblike i cant help you
but if we contuinue this thought it would mean every progressive game is nooblike, according to what you wrote

so a player with orange gear which defeats a player with purple gear in battelground is nooblike too in your opinion? 8o

As Allods-online-player said he is a f2p player, he want advantages , not equality

thats it. i respect the wish of those who enjoy a statless game more, but as i think those are a small minority it also seems that this is not combineable with the way allods works (allods is a progressive game, who plays most is superior)
the strict limits of payserver also keep ppl away

only possibility would be a gamemode of allods where its ONLY BGs and everyone chooses class, distribution of talents and statpoints, weapon and GO, nothing else
this would be a perfect stateless game, everything would be equal, only difference between playes would be skill and spec

Friday, June 20th 2014, 12:31am

(allods is a progressive game, who plays most is superior)

That is also the case on the p2p server. Who plays the most - is superior.

Difference is when a new expansion (with hard reset) comes, on the p2p it's a really a HARD reset, meaning a new player who has hit the new cap about the same time that old players did is now absolutely equal, there's no advantage that you can accumulate over time (cash shop), every and all progress is erased.

A new or later created character is still behind and at some disadvantage, just not completely down in the dirt like on f2p.

Friday, June 20th 2014, 2:13am

(allods is a progressive game, who plays most is superior)

That is also the case on the p2p server. Who plays the most - is superior.

Difference is when a new expansion (with hard reset) comes, on the p2p it's a really a HARD reset, meaning a new player who has hit the new cap about the same time that old players did is now absolutely equal, there's no advantage that you can accumulate over time (cash shop), every and all progress is erased.

A new or later created character is still behind and at some disadvantage, just not completely down in the dirt like on f2p.

very true

and since i dont like to have my progress "erased" i prefer normal server (maybe the ones who like stateless games more enjoy this? i dont know)

we could also say, that normal server rewards farming and selling things on auction house more than payserver, because there you can use gold only to upgrade gear (indirect improvement of strenght due to the dependency of amalgam and upgraders) while getting z-shop items with gold directly strenghtens your char (requires no amalgam and upgraders)

due to this fact you are far more dependent on other players if you want to improve your performance, which is also a step backwards

btw when i heared there will come a payserver i honestly thought mercs will be free there...

Friday, June 20th 2014, 2:24pm

you are far more dependent on other players if you want to improve your performance, which is also a step backwards

I wouldn't say that's bad. The whole point of MMO games is to play with other people, the system rewards you if you can set up an organized guild/group to beat content faster and more efficiently.

btw when i heared there will come a payserver i honestly thought mercs will be free there...

Honestly, it's not really THAT big of a deal. During every expansion there is a point where mercenaries become completely useless anyway, any progress past that point requires living players ( like s29+ before nerf for gear progress, and a8+ for glyph progress during 4.0).

I remember a8+ being significantly harder if you couldn't find that one player with fervor and had to use the archer merc to buff it. Even one merc is a giant handicap past that point.

Friday, June 20th 2014, 9:40pm

I wouldn't say that's bad. The whole point of MMO games is to play with other people, the system rewards you if you can set up an organized guild/group to beat content faster and more efficiently.

while rewarding those who can organize efficient group management is a good thing punishing those who do not is not what i want

i play this mmo not because of the social experience but more for the rivality and competition and simply because the game is great and made with love (many details, rich story etc)

its nice to meet new friends and do 1 or 2 things in a party sometimes but in general i prefer to be alone

Honestly, it's not really THAT big of a deal. During every expansion there is a point where mercenaries become completely useless anyway, any progress past that point requires living players ( like s29+ before nerf for gear progress, and a8+ for glyph progress during 4.0).

I remember a8+ being significantly harder if you couldn't find that one player with fervor and had to use the archer merc to buff it. Even one merc is a giant handicap past that point.

agreeing partially, but thats what the bestiality potion is for
but yes, since it cannot be used on all 5 mercs there is still a problem; making bestiality potion not limited to one merc would solve that

Friday, June 20th 2014, 11:07pm

but yes, since it cannot be used on all 5 mercs there is still a problem; making bestiality potion not limited to one merc would solve that

You must first establish that this is a problem, which it is not. The restriction to animality is only so that it doesn't completely destroy astral. In a game like Allods, you do not want people who cannot afford to spend money to be completely alienated, and if people who can do so are given the option to just play alone, that is alienation 1.01. Mercenaries do not exist to give you the option to play alone, they exist to allow parties to set sail if they can't find their last member for 30 minutes.

Whether you like it or not, efficient gearing should be a group activity. Inefficient gearing is easily soloable (the first layer in every astral tier with mercs is easy) and it is unreasonable to demand that the most efficient way to get gear should be as well if one is willing to spend the money.

This is the only redeeming factor this game has over many other free MMOs - it does not alienate free players.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 12:09am

I have no idea what this is. Probably nonexistent on the subscription server.

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 10:15am

Alafff

Intermediate

Basically each player can buff a merc to make him an elite. More life , More dmg , More efficient guy , but limited to one potion per people , so for 3 buffed mercs you'll need 3 players

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 1:16pm

I have no idea what this is. Probably nonexistent on the subscription server.

yes i think its not avaiable there

its an item that makes the mercs better in every aspect so they are useful even in the hardest astral regions

Rate this thread