You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 1:21pm

agreeing partially, but thats what the bestiality potion is for
but yes, since it cannot be used on all 5 mercs there is still a problem; making bestiality potion not limited to one merc would solve that

You must first establish that this is a problem, which it is not. The restriction to animality is only so that it doesn't completely destroy astral. In a game like Allods, you do not want people who cannot afford to spend money to be completely alienated, and if people who can do so are given the option to just play alone, that is alienation 1.01. Mercenaries do not exist to give you the option to play alone, they exist to allow parties to set sail if they can't find their last member for 30 minutes.

Whether you like it or not, efficient gearing should be a group activity. Inefficient gearing is easily soloable (the first layer in every astral tier with mercs is easy) and it is unreasonable to demand that the most efficient way to get gear should be as well if one is willing to spend the money.

This is the only redeeming factor this game has over many other free MMOs - it does not alienate free players.

i think those wo do astralin a group hav already a HUGE advatage due to the fact they dont need tp charges, they dont need mercs and they dont need bestiality potion
so they save LOT of money -> thats their reward; due to the drops in astral they even earn gold this way

the soloplayer however has theoretically to spend more time with farming gold before he can go to astral and afford all the 3 things needed, so there is already a "punishment" for soloing

theoretical perfect allods would be like on normal server, without real $ option, so ONLY goldexchange is there (fixed exchange rate)

but ofc it would not be a rational deciding to run the game then....

and yes i agree TOTALLY that the option to exist and thrive as a free player is great in allods!

Monday, June 30th 2014, 2:00pm

Quoted from "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER"
so a player with orange gear which defeats a player with purple gear in battelground is nooblike too in your opinion? 8o

As Allods-online-player said he is a f2p player, he want advantages , not equality

thats it. i respect the wish of those who enjoy a statless game more, but as i think those are a small minority it also seems that this is not combineable with the way allods works (allods is a progressive game, who plays most is superior)
the strict limits of payserver also keep ppl away

only possibility would be a gamemode of allods where its ONLY BGs and everyone chooses class, distribution of talents and statpoints, weapon and GO, nothing else
this would be a perfect stateless game, everything would be equal, only difference between playes would be skill and spec
In p2p server gear counts, it is a progressive game on p2p too, we do have some boosters like gear upgrading, you thought everyone was equal running with blue rare gear and equips? and if you want more booster, there's skirmishes relics gear for pvp, skirmishes extra ruby, greatness, gear upgrading...strict limits? we just don't have runes and p5 that's it.

Monday, June 30th 2014, 2:50pm

Runes is the only thing that absolutely f***s up the f2p server. Every other cash shop item doesn't have a price that grows exponentially and is obtainable with a reasonable time investment.

If they completely removed this mechanic and set base damage done and taken values equal for every character (like it's on p2p), they could leave everything else as it is and the game wouldn't be "pay to win"(*) at all.

(*)I personally think the "pay to win" term is wrong because it implies you actually do win if you pay (which is false, it's more like you just get to the starting line for the competition). The term is used in the way most people understand it.

Monday, June 30th 2014, 2:57pm

In p2p server gear counts, it is a progressive game on p2p too, we do have some boosters like gear upgrading, you thought everyone was equal running with blue rare gear and equips? and if you want more booster, there's skirmishes relics gear for pvp, skirmishes extra ruby, greatness, gear upgrading...strict limits? we just don't have runes and p5 that's it.[/quote]

- upgrading... ok... after a few months everyone has orange gear ith autoastral then, finish, again everybody is equal... some might get teal gear which gives a small advantage then... so gear is the ONLY progrssive thing

- skirmish relics are absolutely WORTHLESS, rage does not matter at all in pvp, the +condition is not worth mentioning it
so IF you take relics take the ones from raids, but since your need players for raids and there are hardly any players.... NO

- 1 ruby from skirmishes does not change anything at all

- greatness is also only +1 ruby and +1 talentpoint, its standard for anyone that plays normally, nothing special

- you DO have runes, its fixed/invisible level 5 runes, you can calculate from the damage if you see the logs and compare with normal server

... so its not only P5, its much more, i have mentioned so often what is missing on payserver, but i will do once again...

+ FAST Mounts (no, 12m/s is NOT fast!)
+ Astral Servant
+ Statpoints (only 20/25 available)
+ Talenpoints
+ Rubies
+ Defensive Statpoints
+ Proper Trinkets
+ Multiple Reincarnations
+ Decent Bag (no i am not willing to do astral/raids first to store basic items!)
+ Endless Respec Talents/Stats (no matter how long you play it will never be free on payserver :S)
+ No Matrial-Looter (Herbalism/Mining; -> Handworks are pointless without them; effort> time)
+ Auction House is almost useless on payserver -> Farming gold is inevitable -> you PAY and have to farm?! thats a bad joke, i want either pay OR farm, but not both, lol
+ Lootpt is available very late, if i pay i am not willing to play until coba without lootpet!!
+ Mercenaries still cost gold, if i pay monthly i want free mercs!

...there are many more, but that are the basic problems of payserver

if you donate 10$ / month on normal server you can get all these things in a short time, or even better (if you play with $) donate aslight larger amount once and have EVERYTHING from the beginning; that includes for example:
(Bag is already 5 rows for free on normal server!)

- Lootpet
- Griffon Mount
- Runes Level 5

that would be a PERMANENT sale, not only a temporary

-> for that price you can play like 3 months on payserver, OR you have everything from the beginning and play FOREVER free and get the other items just from the gold you get anyway from leveling
no one needs an orange earring slot, green or maybe blue is good enough for almost everyone

so: payserver only is viable for those who play for 2 or 3 months and stop then (lets play video makers,...)
for everyone else normal server is more economic

-----------------------

Runes is the only thing that absolutely f***s up the f2p server. Every other cash shop item doesn't have a price that grows exponentially and is obtainable with a reasonable time investment.

If they completely removed this mechanic and set base damage done and taken values equal for every character (like it's on p2p), they could leave everything else as it is and the game wouldn't be "pay to win"(*) at all.

(*)I personally think the "pay to win" term is wrong because it implies you actually do win if you pay (which is false, it's more like you just get to the starting line for the competition). The term is used in the way most people understand it.

very accurate stated!
i think the most precise expression regarding runes in detail would be "wide spectrum pay to boost", while all other items are only "pay to boost"

high level runes are the hardest thing to get, especially all levels over 9

i remember, when level 10 was the highest and then they expanded to 13, i thought NO ONE will do this but some did really
however i regard the players with runes level 10 and more as something like those who pay for my game, they are actually gifting the game to me, so i dont care if they have a slight advantage in 1vs1 battle
(maybe there are exceptions with highend runes that are still free players, but these would be ultra rare i guess, most likely those which played from beta till now without any break; i really regret i have started playing allods late :( )

i personally rather die a few times more often than give away real $
sidenote: i made the observation that when it comes to melees in BG, those who represent the biggest threat, are usually focussed at 1st and die 1st, so ironically strong runes will make you also die faster in many cases

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 30th 2014, 3:10pm)

Monday, June 30th 2014, 4:43pm

I thought about coming back to this game but since im soo behind, I figure I should give p2p server a try since it's free. Came on at 10pm pst. 0 people in lig main city and 0 people in imp tower. What time does people play on this server?

Monday, June 30th 2014, 5:01pm

the server is empty by 3pm pst. 95% of the server population is from Europe, so they're on from 5am pst to 3pm pst

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 7:03am

the server is empty by 3pm pst. 95% of the server population is from Europe, so they're on from 5am pst to 3pm pst

o ok. i guess i wont continue.
well at least i didnt have to pay to try it. :P

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 7:43pm

high level runes are the hardest thing to get, especially all levels over 9
... Only the € you need to get a full set of runes 9, is enought to play in p2p for...... Forever?

Dude, you are missing the prespective.

You enumerated many things that (in your opinion) are important in Allods Online: Faster mounts, Endless respect rubies/stats, extra rubies, extra stat points, and trash like that.

These things are only imporant in P2W server because these thinks make the difference. When nobody have'em, nobody miss'em and nobody need'em neither. So where is the problem?!?!?!?

Why do you think that faster mounts are important?
Why do you think that extra stat points / rubies are important?

then think that P2P game is balanced enough to don't need'em. Everything your worst enemy have, you can have it aswell. There's nothing you can not have.

F2P is an utopie... It was at it's early versions. May be till Gipat. After that, it became a bottomless pit where throwing money.

Just for the record. To farm gold in p2p is stupidly easy... I didn't need to sell any chunk of amal to gather more than 100k. Not counting the gold spent on: ship devices, mercs (only 1 run in any sector of astral was enough to get all the mercs gold back), greatness, loans to guildmates, potions, etc...

And I assure you that I'm not an assian farmer... I'm the laziest guy in P2P.

The only you need in p2p to have fun is people :-). And 10€ per month.... 10€!!!!!!! I bet you spend way more money on smoke, alcohol and drugs in a single weekend.

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 8:22pm

a full set of runes 9, is enought to play in p2p for...... Forever?

enough until you have gathered to upgrade to next level... even runes level 7 is good

These things are only imporant in P2W server because these thinks make the difference. When nobody have'em, nobody miss'em and nobody need'em neither

false, if noone have them i still would miss them

Why do you think that faster mounts are important?
Why do you think that extra stat points / rubies are important?

because when i travel i dont want to wait as long as i have to wait for with a slow mount
why wait longer as needed?

and more points and more rubies are simply more COMFORTABLE, not only in PVP btw
level a reincarnation with colclave bloodlust bonus and level one without it
its 2 completely different things

then think that P2P game is balanced enough to don't need'em. Everything your worst enemy have, you can have it aswell. There's nothing you can not have.

i dont want what you call a balanced game, again, i play allods since its a stateful game and not a stateless
i enjoy having better things than others which makes me even more superior and renders all his efforts useless
most likely that what a lot of other players enjoy too, otherwise i think they would play a stateless game where only players skill matters but not the progress / time

F2P is an utopie

actually i enjoy the f2p model... i play ~ 2 years, i have nearly everything i care for, and i have never donated even 1 $
oh an i have a LOT of fun, which is the main part

And 10€ per month.... 10€!!!!!!!

giving money for something that can be taken from me every time is not acceptable
if allods had an offline mode (like diablo 2!) it would be different, but since as a player you are DEPENDENT on the server and theoretically you could lose "everything" every time.... no

Quoted from "laivindurNA"

I bet you spend way more money on smoke, alcohol and drugs in a single weekend.

even if it really does NOT matter....
i have never spent even one $ in my whole life on drugs (smoke, alcohol and "hard" drugs)... wasting money is a horrible thing

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 10:02pm

I have played Allods since it's first CB in NA server.

Up untill now I have played almost everything in this game. I spent lot of money in p2w server and the only good thing I got from that experience was the ppl I met.

The best face of Allods is in P2P server, but P2P server is for dedicated ppl who need to put some efforts and dedication. IMO you are not this kind of player. Like we read, you need "to buy" time and prestige.

Nothing of these things can be bough in p2p server.

When I say p2p server is balanced enough, I say it bc it''s true. May or may not dislike what you read from me.

What Im sure will dislke you is what im gonna say....

I have never meet a single player in p2w server (EU or NA) with 0€/$ spent in this game. Even those that call theirself "pure freetoplayer" at some point has spent some money.
even if it really does NOT matter....
i have never spent even one $ in my whole life on drugs (smoke, alcohol and "hard" drugs)... wasting money is a horrible thing
Horrible is (stupid more than horrible) is to buy In-game credit (aka gold or gem shards) with real money....

Overall when "you belive" that is "needed". Damn you are so right.... Without hunders ScamBoxes (with fail rewards), without a new brand mount, without load of rubies and stats, you are nobody.... It's a total waste of time to play Allods...

These things are only required in your mind... For those that really see the potential of the game behind the TrashShop, P2P is and will be a GOOD balanced server/game

The only problem of P2P is population. And the source of this issue is not the money. Is ppl that thinks like you...

PPl who buy a 200hp car because they think "ey... I need'em... I only use car to go shopping or only at weekends, but need as many horses as possible, because it's gonna be confortable, and (ofcourse) I will be faster than those kids with toy cars".... Some time after, they realise that they paid too much for something they really didn't need.

It's not the same "what you want" that "what you need"....

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 10:18pm

I have never meet a single player in p2w server (EU or NA) with 0€/$ spent in this game

well then, here i am, nice to meet you. i have spent exactly 0,00€/$ on allods
only my spare time, which i enjoyed very much

Horrible is (stupid more than horrible) is to buy In-game credit (aka gold or gem shards) with real money....

+ i agree here
but i have learned that many players simply do not have enought TIME and so instead they use money, its OK for me, everyone has a differnt way of living

It's a total waste of time to play Allods...

when i started i had no mount, no lootpet and runes 2-1-1 1-1-1
i played a class which was the most underpowered at this moment, i still enjoyed the game
especially asee teph; fighting the (at this point) superior enemies made me better
"if it does not kill you it makes you stronger", and since there is no perm death in allods... only getting stronger is left :)

These things are only required in your mind

its normal and useful to try to get the best things and gain the maximum comfort with minimal effort

The only problem of P2P is population. And the source of this issue is not the money. Is ppl that thinks like you...

actually the problem of the payserver is that you have to pay but you get "nothing" for it

i would NEVER spend money on internetgames but theoretically, IF i WOULD i would rather buy some items from normal server and keep them forever than paying for 3 months sub and then game ends :thumbdown:

i am not the only one that thinks this way, but i am most likely the only one that is patient enough to discuss this on the forum again and again
the amount of players speaks for itself, its more expressing than every post i could ever make

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:24am

I have never meet a single player in p2w server (EU or NA) with 0€/$ spent in this game

well then, here i am, nice to meet you. i have spent exactly 0,00€/$ on allods
only my spare time, which i enjoyed very much

+ i agree here
but i have learned that many players simply do not have enought TIME and so instead they use money, its OK for me, everyone has a differnt way of living

It's a total waste of time to play Allods...

when i started i had no mount, no lootpet and runes 2-1-1 1-1-1
i played a class which was the most underpowered at this moment, i still enjoyed the game
especially asee teph; fighting the (at this point) superior enemies made me better
"if it does not kill you it makes you stronger", and since there is no perm death in allods... only getting stronger is left :)

These things are only required in your mind

its normal and useful to try to get the best things and gain the maximum comfort with minimal effort

actually the problem of the payserver is that you have to pay but you get "nothing" for it

i would NEVER spend money on internetgames but theoretically, IF i WOULD i would rather buy some items from normal server and keep them forever than paying for 3 months sub and then game ends :thumbdown:

i am not the only one that thinks this way, but i am most likely the only one that is patient enough to discuss this on the forum again and again
the amount of players speaks for itself, its more expressing than every post i could ever make
this guy suffer from a serious problem
i agree 100% with you "laivindurNA", while this allods-online-player thinks that we don't get nothing, we actually get everything, he is just too stupid to realize

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:34am

we actually get everything, he is just too stupid to realize

what do you get?

fixed level 5 runes, the orange 2nd earring and a tiny bag

you must pay forever for that, as long as you want play this game

basically you pay for leveling with a small bag and a late lootpet and slow mounts

now read the quote from my post above and read what you do NOT get...

... so its not only P5, its much more, i have mentioned so often what is missing on payserver, but i will do once again...

+ FAST Mounts (no, 12m/s is NOT fast!)
+ Astral Servant
+ Statpoints (only 20/25 available)
+ Talenpoints
+ Rubies
+ Defensive Statpoints
+ Proper Trinkets
+ Multiple Reincarnations
+ Decent Bag (no i am not willing to do astral/raids first to store basic items!)
+ Endless Respec Talents/Stats (no matter how long you play it will never be free on payserver :S)
+ No Matrial-Looter (Herbalism/Mining; -> Handworks are pointless without them; effort> time)
+ Auction House is almost useless on payserver -> Farming gold is inevitable -> you PAY and have to farm?! thats a bad joke, i want either pay OR farm, but not both, lol
+ Lootpt is available very late, if i pay i am not willing to play until coba without lootpet!!
+ Mercenaries still cost gold, if i pay monthly i want free mercs!

also the image is horrible, CDs have to be stored in cases! 8|

and off-loke now:
please understand that i do not want to stop you from playing on payserver if you REALLY enjoy it this way
IF you do, its great, really

but i want to point out the problems, which seem to make it unattractive for most players

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 5:41am

what do you get?

basically you pay for leveling with a small bag and a late lootpet and slow mounts
aren't you the player the lvled with 211/111 runes and no mount? lvling with a tiny bag it's way better than lvling with runes 211/111, no extra earring slot, no mount, no lootpet, 10stats points instead of 20 that we get etc. O.O lol at least we already got everything that you didn't get til reach max lvl, just shut up already lol we don't have to buy lootpet, runes, p5, extra talent points, extra rubies, mounts, bags, bank with extra cells, extra stats points...this is everything that we got, and everyone got the same on this server so it's not a pay to win server like yours, just quit P2P section and go back to pay to win section where you belong

i could be all day pointing things that prove that you are wrong, like this "- 1 ruby from skirmishes does not change anything at all", but i'm just tired of it, so why don't you just leave this topic? my build needed this 1 skirmishes ruby to be completed, i get a hability with it and i couldn't complete my build without it, so it does count, if i hadn't this ruby my build would be break. "skirmish relics are absolutely WORTHLESS, rage does not matter at all in pvp" you mean anger right? anger was designed for pvp, i don't know if this stat is still broke because it wasn't working, it does matter on pvp because it's only matters on pvp, it was made for pvp, not mobs...-.-

what bothers you is that subs server you have to pay to play obviously, and you have never payed to play allods, that upsets you because you can't pay not even 1 cent (the game deserves some paycheck at the end of the day, so include this $10 with costs + profit because they are not running this game without costs, and in case that you don't know, every company seek profit, so, this $10 is not just "you pay what you get" like we were on socialism with no seek of profit), so you keep pointing flaws like f2p/p2w was flawless because all you did was in-game and that angers you because you can't play a server with monthly real money BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PAY, to feel better you keep saying BS in every topic of P2P server...i'm so sorry that you can't pay but leave us alone and don't be such an azz

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "lublur" (Jul 2nd 2014, 6:22am)

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 8:36am

what do you get?

now read the quote from my post above and read what you do NOT get...
There are NO lv 5 runes lol, the mobs are adjusted so that combat plays out as if players had lv 5 runes - do you understand the difference? this comparison was even only made up because it would be easier for us to understand the new system, coming from our experience based on runes. The other "items" you mention... again they are NOT items - they are embedded in the p2p system. Your difficulty seems to be looking at the p2p server as a variation of the f2p/p2w server: we don't pay $10 to get those items - we pay to return the costs and profit from the game as pointed out, and there are no items to be payed for.

You did present a good perspective about a "stateful" vs "stateless" game but you twisted it in many ways, most importantly, time-based progress is also present on p2p; in fact here it's truly time-factored as opposed to the other server, where a player can (and I have seen many do) spend enough in a month's time to acquire all that you, with all your expertise and dedication, took ~2 years. Here, there are no shortcuts - just play the game the way it's meant to be played, by fighting mobs/players, questing, planning your upgrading instead of buying out a range of advantages if not power per se outside of the game, without actually playing it.

I see you mention in each post you write how it feels for you, how it's comfortable and fun to you - you stated you'd want to reach a point where you are able to one-hit your opponents as well as doing as much or everything just by yourself - what kind of "game" would that be? You find the "p2w" system perfect for your needs and demands of the game, that's just fine - but don't start preaching that "p2p server has everything less" just because you can't bring yourself to acknowledge many people think it's the only way for them to actually enjoy Allods. Yes, many - the problem of low population has many reasons but f2p model being "better" is not one of them - p2p is less than a year old and only finally came out after a lot of negativity had been built up for this game already; failed and/or ineffective marketing and even players like you from the "free" server advocating personal views as absolute truths. ofc the free server will always have more players - but how many of those actually compete with one another? Take even the top 5 guilds only and you'll find a huge difference there. Just look at the Dominion points: ~900 for the top one, going down to ~400 or less to the fifth for this week iirc. Do you say there's no CS effect on that? the fifth guild has a few players with lv 13 runes even and everything else that can be bought but they just don't have enough players with lv 11s, and that is what decides who wins (by a landslide) week in, week out. There's no changing that - two guilds with roughly the exact same amount of players, same strict goals and priorities, same level of activity and commitment can only be that far apart in rankings by a considerable difference in their average CS belongings.

Yep it's all free and each player enjoys the game to their likings - but clearly if one seeks reasonable competition, there is no argument; you would agree if you were not about always having a head-start through the "meta-game"; that is certainly NOT about progression when a third player can easily come in and acquire those peripheral advantages faster than you and become the new one on top.
Opera - Legends

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 10:08am

You have a strange idea of "nothing". By that definition, you also get nothing for your two years of, I presume, multiple hours per day of playing. And I don't get "nothing" for the time and (sometimes) money I expend playing MMORPGs. I get the enjoyment of questing, solving problems, fighting monsters, playing a role(*), and occasionally, if the game mechanics and relative character levels permit, punishing enemy players who interfere in what I'm doing. You seem to think that p2p players can't get that benefit of playing.

(*) Don't lose sight of what the RP part of MMORPG actually stands for.
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Friday, July 4th 2014, 8:16pm

aren't you the player the lvled with 211/111 runes and no mount? lvling with a tiny bag it's way better than lvling with runes 211/111, no extra earring slot, no mount, no lootpet, 10stats points instead of 20 that we get etc.

yes thats me, i am one of those
i also played a class back then that was the most underpowered class at this time
ofc the leveling-circumstances on payserver are better than they are for the 1st walkthrough on normal server, but i prefer a "harder difficulty" over losing real $ and i prefer it twice over having to pay for the rest of playing the game

just quit P2P section and go back to pay to win section where you belong

so why don't you just leave this topic?

you wish, lol

you mean anger right? anger was designed for pvp, i don't know if this stat is still broke because it wasn't working, it does matter on pvp because it's only matters on pvp, it was made for pvp

yes, the stat that makes heal less efficient
have you ever seen ONE player which recieved wouncomplexity in skirmishes? i have not, so i ignore this useless stat... i dont know if this is a bug or not

what bothers you is that subs server you have to pay to play obviously

this and i would not like the items that are missing
thankfully i can dedice where i play

that upsets you

no, really not

i'm so sorry that you can't pay

you can't pay not even 1 cent

cannot =/= not willing to
basically i am not willing to pay for something that can be taken away from me every day, and thats the case for pure internetgames

the mobs are adjusted so that combat plays out as if players had lv 5 runes

no... heal yourself and watch combat log
if only the mobs are adjusted, why do you lose heal due to rune entropy then?
also, why adjust all mobs if you can simply give everyplayer fixed level 5 runes...?

we pay to return the costs and profit from the game as pointed out, and there are no items to be payed for.

i know that, but that would not be "ok" for me
its basically the same as if websites would charge you just for visting them...
things on the internet are free normally and get their income from donations (and some with ads but thats irrelevant since there is adblock)

time-based progress is also present on p2p; in fact here it's truly time-factored as opposed to the other server, where a player can (and I have seen many do) spend enough in a month's time to acquire all that you, with all your expertise and dedication, took ~2 years

and thats also a major turnoff, i dont want to be more or less finishd with this game in a short time, i enjoy it too much for that :P

just play the game the way it's meant to be played, by fighting mobs/players, questing, planning your upgrading instead of buying out a range of advantages if not power per se outside of the game, without actually playing it.

i enjoy the economic part FAR too much for skipping it

You find the "p2w" system perfect for your needs and demands of the game, that's just fine - but don't start preaching that "p2p server has everything less" just because you can't bring yourself to acknowledge many people think it's the only way for them to actually enjoy Allods

its not preaching, i am just pointing it out
on the old announcement its also visible what is not available
as i have stated many times of course i respect if someone enjoys payserver more

but how many of those actually compete with one another

not many. most players simply enjoy the pve part and ignore PVP at all
also a legitimate way of playing, i simply skipped pvp most times too when i was new

the fifth guild has a few players with lv 13 runes even and everything else that can be bought but they just don't have enough players with lv 11s, and that is what decides who wins (by a landslide) week in, week out. There's no changing that - two guilds with roughly the exact same amount of players, same strict goals and priorities, same level of activity and commitment can only be that far apart in rankings by a considerable difference in their average CS belongings.

i know what you mean, but that does not matter for me since i dont care for dominion at all

but clearly if one seeks reasonable competition

i dont play allods for competition, there will always be someone with a bigger investment of time/money than me
for REAL competition where only skill matters i play other games than stateful ones

By that definition, you also get nothing for your two years of, I presume, multiple hours per day of playing

i gain the same thing as you:
I get the enjoyment of questing, solving problems, fighting monsters, playing a role(*), and occasionally, if the game mechanics and relative character levels permit, punishing enemy players who interfere in what I'm doing

so in sum: i gain FUN&sometimes lulz from this game

You seem to think that p2p players can't get that benefit of playing.

no, thats completely false. i just think that many players are refraining from playing on payserver because of the said limits

(*) Don't lose sight of what the RP part of MMORPG actually stands for.

i also enjoy playing roles, so no worries there :)

Friday, July 4th 2014, 8:56pm

too much quoting, hurts my eyes ;(
CharlesbrnsonxAnger Management

Friday, July 4th 2014, 9:17pm

too much quoting, hurts my eyes ;(

walloftextblastedyoureyes :P

tl;dr version is:

i of course respect those which enjoy payserver, but i fear the lack of items will keep it unpopulated, plus i enjoy normal server cause i like the ecopart of the game which some players here obviously do not 8o

Saturday, July 5th 2014, 5:44am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

If you didn't have these people that sell real money for ingame gold your exchange rate would be higher then it is right now.

Rate this thread