You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 2:28pm

When discussing it should be kept in mind that in RU, where the game is a culture, the subscription population is 8-10 times smaller than the free2play population.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 3:04pm

When discussing it should be kept in mind that in RU, where the game is a culture, the subscription population is 8-10 times smaller than the free2play population.

Don't forget that the free2play population includes LARGE amount of people who didn't spend absolutely any money, from the company point of view those might as well not exist as long as the paying part doesn't start complaining there's no one to play with.

Subscription server's population consists 100% of people that generate income, also the subscription server is the one with most online there (but it's probably because there's just one).

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 3:35pm

Alafff

Intermediate

Lets me say it again , what i was talking about was rates , not raw power . Like a permanent lucky moment.

For Gm presence , (As i'm not allowed to tell others games names ), i used in several games , some old , some new , to see Official members of the staff , Like [DEV]XXXX or [GM]YYYY to come into game and to say Hello , To tell people that if they had problem they could help them , Animate some event , things like that

Like field operators , coming in game to do theirs game masters job directly , not staying behind a desk , validating requests. And thoses people were more praised by the community that those who didnt went into game
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 3:57pm

For Gm presence , (As i'm not allowed to tell others games names ), i used in several games , some old , some new , to see Official members of the staff , Like [DEV]XXXX or [GM]YYYY to come into game and to say Hello , To tell people that if they had problem they could help them , Animate some event , things like that

Like field operators , coming in game to do theirs game masters job directly , not staying behind a desk , validating requests. And thoses people were more praised by the community that those who didnt went into game

Yeah, I've seen that in other games. I even used to(*) have a screenshot of my main char standing next to one of them, looking sort of like a tourist's holiday snap.

(*) "used to" because when I stopped playing that game, I uninstalled the client and it removed all the files in its directories, including the ones I had created by e.g. making screenshots, so all my screenies went up in smoke. :(
Now f2p 60 Xadaganian summy with 60/60/60 tailor/weaponsmith/alchemist, bleah gear, 555/555 runes
Now p2p 28 Xadaganian avenger with 20 weaponsmith
I'm on an extended break from Allods at the moment, but I'm lurking here to keep up with what's happening. From the looks of things in 5.0.02, I'm better off where I am.

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 7:46pm

dragonsvk8

Intermediate

damn I miss those good old times :)

ruatolov leaving company

narsa in our guild for event prestige
Back and rolling on 6.0!

My Youtube Channel
Summoner PvP guide 5.0.0

Thursday, July 10th 2014, 10:08pm

Non-paying players are important. They're not clients, but they're an asset, because they're the canvas, the background above which paying players play. Other games (I'm thinking of funcom with Anarchy Online) have understood it and worked to mantain a balance between the two.
Peldrigal - Pirati Astrali - Empire

Friday, July 11th 2014, 1:01am

Senpai

Intermediate

• "Senpai" has been banned

The server is so dead logged in found no one people tell me oh I'm coming back because 5.0 is so fun blah blah its a shitty patch and no one is going to play on a server with barely 15 people playing if that and its spread through out random hours of the day. People have long left this server and either returned to f2p or found other means of Allods Online that was pre 5.0. Also the GMs have done nothing to promote this damn server no specials no bonuses no nothing to keep this server alive. Look at f2p its the same deal tons of people quit then they come back and they quit off and on its the same cycle of dumb crap. So good luck to people trying to even play here cause ya'll have this delusional dream of something greater happening to the p2p server.
KAPPA

Friday, July 11th 2014, 5:21am

The server is so dead logged in found no one people tell me oh I'm coming back because 5.0 is so fun blah blah its a shitty patch and no one is going to play on a server with barely 15 people playing if that and its spread through out random hours of the day.

So good luck to people trying to even play here cause ya'll have this delusional dream of something greater happening to the p2p server.
I've actually had more fun playing on the server during the last couple months with the friends that stayed than before the mass exodus. The low population formed close parties that are really fun to play with. The lack of players does not mean that you can't enjoy the game, of course depending on what you want from it. Just getting tired of people bashing the server and discouraging people to join. Just because some players gave up doesn't mean that the rest of us should...
Downfall (P2P)
Deliverance (F2P)

"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic f****** hatreds!"

Friday, July 11th 2014, 5:33am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

Come on, it's not like all of you have no friends. :/

Or maybe just maybe some did get their friends to play only to have them quit because of the things that the Dev's do to ruin this game. Personally the friends I have that play games did at one time play this game and quit at the Gipat patch.

They can't just expect the players to advertise for them nor expect that advertising on only mmo sites will help. After all look at all the bad press that this game got when P2P opened in NA. They should have done advertising while the server was free.

Friday, July 11th 2014, 9:14am

Spinecrawler

Intermediate

OK, biling system got sorted out. Prices are acceptable. Now, give
people reason to go back =.= NO, new patch is not a good reason to go
back.
I'm takling about sub server revamp. Don't expect people to
come back just beacouse now we can pay. The server remained the same
when I (we) left. Without injection of some playerbase (old or new) no
one will play on dead p2p. In order for thet initial number of players,
which hopefully will convince others to come back or start playing agin
some kind of bait is needed. Figure it out, be more generous and for fk
sake USE SOME COMMON SENCE !

Friday, July 11th 2014, 11:46am

Alafff

Intermediate

Well the fact is more people left because Serv is not free anymore . So now we need ads to tell people to come.... Now that 100% of sub server is paying users, it can only be good for them to increase pop

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Friday, July 11th 2014, 1:35pm

We will stay, Alaff... most of Nacktaktiv. Utopie too. But it will be even harder now to recrute good fighters for the Empire, I guess.

My personal ideas

- Events to farm Prophetic Cards (Only the f2p gets their events, I see in login screen. Nearly no one here has cat or other cool mounts)
- Dailies/Tasks to farm Runes and maybe PVP mounts (Improving our chars, weapons will look good finally and add to the PVP fun)
- Make massfarming gold more attractive rather than taking it out! (Umoira monster bunny drop nerf demotivated many players)

Friday, July 11th 2014, 1:56pm

The business model implemented by Mail.RU doesn't work in Europa/NA but they strived to force it. Everyone know the result. Lot of servers closing and merging.

TO hold 2 business model (p2w and p2p) is something that no many games does thesedays. May be is the only one. Both are oriented to different players and it DEMANS a huge effort from Mail.RU. It's like to make twice everything. From this point of view, at some point p2p will desapear in order to cut off costs.

I think that Mail.RU should take a hard decition:

- To forget p2p payers: Which basically means, that in EU/NA game will remain alive till old-vanguard of players that already spent insane amount of money, get border/pissed and quit the game. Then wont be any good player regeneration capable to afford the insulting prices. May be will last a couple of years. But it wont last like WoW. Im absolutelly convinced

- To make a huge invest of moeny on advertising for its p2p model: What means basically to take some risks.

- To remake the whole business model of Allods: To take other games as reference. To figure out a model that doesn't scame p2w players at all, and make doable to play for free with/against p2w.

Respecting ofc, p2w with some advantages. They paid for it.

Friday, July 11th 2014, 2:01pm

Or maybe just maybe some did get their friends to play only to have them quit because of the things that the Dev's do to ruin this game. Personally the friends I have that play games did at one time play this game and quit at the Gipat patch.

OK, biling system got sorted out. Prices are acceptable. Now, give
people reason to go back =.= NO, new patch is not a good reason to go
back.
I'm takling about sub server revamp. Don't expect people to
come back just beacouse now we can pay. The server remained the same
when I (we) left. Without injection of some playerbase (old or new) no
one will play on dead p2p. In order for thet initial number of players,
which hopefully will convince others to come back or start playing agin
some kind of bait is needed. Figure it out, be more generous and for fk
sake USE SOME COMMON SENCE !

I don't get those posts. People revering pre-gipat version and at the same time thinking the p2p server is in some way not complete. Well...

NEWSFLASH: P2P SERVER HAS MORE FEATURES AND CONVENIENCES THAN THE GAME PRE-GIPAT EVER HAD.

It only takes eyes to notice.

As I said before. Problem is with the people, not the game.

Friday, July 11th 2014, 2:58pm

Naaah,

Problem WAS Management.

The bad news about Allods spreaded so fast in the past, that everyone i know if i mention the name Allods, they say it "sucks" in all aspects even if they didn't tried it yet or quitted some point in Asee.

And it's easy to understand, i just have to check my aprentices' level when they quit the game.

And the last drop, of course, was the review from Mike Foster , that completly ruined the game for gpotato/webzen (in my opinion).

The game itself has some problems like scheduled events (AoD, Dominion, Melting Island...) that will never make this game worldwide.

There was no big hype about Allods in the past, and i doubt it will ever be in the future. So it will be very difficult to improve small player base. Although i hope i'm wrong.

Avo

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Avozinho" (Jul 11th 2014, 4:47pm)

Friday, July 11th 2014, 4:37pm

lithrium

Beginner

Well NA sub server utterly sucked because new players couldn't even buy Gpots to pay for sub server lol. I'm not even joking.
New players couldn't play on sub server.
They had to play a few days to a week on free to play to be eligible to buy Gpots to pay for subscription time.
That severely blocked the population from growing.

Friday, July 11th 2014, 4:51pm

Alafff

Intermediate

We will stay, Alaff... most of Nacktaktiv. Utopie too. But it will be even harder now to recrute good fighters for the Empire, I guess.

My personal ideas

- Events to farm Prophetic Cards (Only the f2p gets their events, I see in login screen. Nearly no one here has cat or other cool mounts)
- Dailies/Tasks to farm Runes and maybe PVP mounts (Improving our chars, weapons will look good finally and add to the PVP fun)
- Make massfarming gold more attractive rather than taking it out! (Umoira monster bunny drop nerf demotivated many players)

Dont wanna pvp mounts . Upgrading p4 to p5 with a long quest could be good (Cause mobs doing a little too much dmg with last patch and cc dont really works good anymore)

Edit 1 : Give us more Astral Stabilization per boss too... No one unlocked purple zone here when f2p already have leggy unlocked

Edit 2 : Give us ship skin yto buy or to earn anyway

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Alafff" (Jul 11th 2014, 5:41pm)

Friday, July 11th 2014, 7:11pm

Naaah,

Problem WAS Management.

The bad news about Allods spreaded so fast in the past, that everyone i know if i mention the name Allods, they say it "sucks" in all aspects even if they didn't tried it yet or quitted some point in Asee.

And it's easy to understand, i just have to check my aprentices' level when they quit the game.

And the last drop, of course, was the review from Mike Foster , that completly ruined the game for gpotato/webzen (in my opinion).

The game itself has some problems like scheduled events (AoD, Dominion, Melting Island...) that will never make this game worldwide.

There was no big hype about Allods in the past, and i doubt it will ever be in the future. So it will be very difficult to improve small player base. Although i hope i'm wrong.

Avo

I loled a lot in this part:

"It's a damn shame. All this time voters have waited to see Allods take the CMA poll and the whole thing is ruined by one publisher's inept handling of what otherwise could be a spectacular IP. Allods Online isn't a bad game; it's just been made bad by the people who hold the purse strings."

He's talking about the priks that we had to deal with all along this years xD.... and he does a good resume in 2 lines ahahah.

Hope GM_Moron (aka "My castle my rules") read this and learn something from now on....

Blackscore know about who I'm talking about.

Friday, July 11th 2014, 10:56pm

rozetri

Intermediate

Naaah,

Problem WAS Management.

Avo

I loled a lot in this part:

"It's a damn shame. All this time voters have waited to see Allods take the CMA poll and the whole thing is ruined by one publisher's inept handling of what otherwise could be a spectacular IP. Allods Online isn't a bad game; it's just been made bad by the people who hold the purse strings."

He's talking about the priks that we had to deal with all along this years xD.... and he does a good resume in 2 lines ahahah.

Hope GM_Moron (aka "My castle my rules") read this and learn something from now on....

Blackscore know about who I'm talking about.

Learning? In Allods? And you've been playing this game HOW long, Laiv? For shame~
IGN: Rozetri
Class: Xadaganian Great Avenger - Lv.75
Guild: Ascendancy (Valiance)
Server: New Frontier (Tensess)
Ship: IndigoSky

Saturday, July 12th 2014, 8:43am

GuessItsAmber

Intermediate

I don't get those posts. People revering pre-gipat version and at the same time thinking the p2p server is in some way not complete. Well...

Maybe you should have actually read what I posted instead of just seeing Gipat Patch and posting this. Never said that the P2P server isn't complete I just stated that maybe instead of expecting the players to advertise for them that they should advertise and the perfect opportunity that they had to do it is gone now.

Rate this thread