You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 9:32am

What is going with this server?

Hello first ;) I have many questions about this server and i want say my concerne about future. I was playing on f2p server,almost reach endgame and lost will to play that mega grind fest for runes and etc...

Start playing on this server, enter Nezebgrad and see 1 player. Is this server almost dead or what is going on? I want play on p2p server and idea is much better from my point of view than free to play model. But is it worth to stick on this server?

I dont wnat play 1 or few weeks and then freak out if this server will be shut down. What is really logic is no one playing, i mean the most important part of mmo is players, no? I dont want play in ghost game.

Biggest concer for me is what seperate this server to get better gameplay expirence from f2p?

Thanks for answers and i hope this server will eventually get more people playing. It so sad for now and i was really shocked about no one is in Nezebgrad.

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 10:48am

Considering that instead of shutting the server down, they are keeping it free until they sort out the payment methods, I don't think they will just shut down just the p2p server.

Yes, the server is almost dead.

The difference between the p2p and f2p is that you do not have itemshop on the p2p at all. Everything is obtained by playing the game. You cannot buy power or spend money to speed up your progress, like you can on the f2p. The server still requires grinding, but it is much less than on the f2p.

I'd say it is absolutely worth it to stick on the server. Get some friends to join you if you can. Then tell others to get their friends to join.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 11:46am

Alafff

Intermediate

Made an up-to-date list here : http://alaffonallods.over-blog.com/infor…ion-server.html

There is people on server dont worry about it
Sigmar 95 Demonist Officer of Legacy (Empire / P2P
Also HolyCurves , Malagor , Seya ,Therrettih , MySQL , TheProdigy

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 12:03pm

on payserver many items are missing or harder to obtain than on normal server
some important damagebuffs are not available at all

also, you can get everything on normal server with playing only (there is gold / currency exchange!)

however if you STILL like the payserver more, i dont think it will be shut down
it has, according to ppl who play there, only 20 or 25 players in total (?) which never play simultanously

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 12:04pm

I dont wnat play 1 or few weeks and then freak out if this server will be shut down. What is really logic is no one playing, i mean the most important part of mmo is players, no? I dont want play in ghost game.

Most people are thinking this way, that's the reason why the server is deserted. It's a vicious circle.

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 12:11pm

Thank you all for answers. I will be continue playing on this server and i hope see better days in allods.

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 9:19pm

:love:
CharlesbrnsonxAnger Management

Friday, June 13th 2014, 2:07am

also, you can get everything on normal server with playing only (there is gold / currency exchange!)

it has, according to ppl who play there, only 20 or 25 players in total (?) which never play simultanously
harder to obtain? like what? and what USELESS damage buff are you talking about?
On p2p server, you automatically has 20 stats points (on f2p server you have to pay hundreds of bucks to get 'em, you only have 10 stats points), with 4 people you can easily finish GT and get 42slots bag (it's expensive too on f2p), you don't have to worry about runes anymore, you don't have to worry about extra rubies because u get 'em for free, everything is free, we have 30%exp buff, so when i reached lvl 60 i didn't grinding at all during my lvl up, like someone said on this post, we lvl so much faster, greatness is easier to achieve on this server, mounts are easy to obtain (1.2k of gold is a rhyno, when we reach 60 we have like 25k of gold or more), only stupid people stick with f2p server, we still have the daily pot/elixir quest so idk what damage boost you are talking about that we don't have. we are so much booster than f2p server because of our free advantages like stats/rubies etc.
and we have extra legendary slot earring (because on f2p server we don't start with 2 earrings slots, you have to pay them and it's expensive, and it's rare to find extra legendary slot earring to buy on f2p because it's the cherry of the cake: it's very hard to get one from scamboxes, well, good thing we get this for FREE).

you get everything on regular server with playing only? hahahahahaha well, you may get 'em if you have years of playing and hours of hard farming and no life at all, to obtain gold that you can trade with what? 86g:1cash currency? are you kidding me? just stop talking already allods-online-player because you are so hipocritical on everything that you post on this forum, try to sell your "f2p" server to another person

Saturday, June 14th 2014, 8:01pm

harder to obtain? like what? and what USELESS damage buff are you talking about?
On p2p server, you automatically has 20 stats points (on f2p server you have to pay hundreds of bucks to get 'em, you only have 10 stats points), with 4 people you can easily finish GT and get 42slots bag (it's expensive too on f2p), you don't have to worry about runes anymore, you don't have to worry about extra rubies because u get 'em for free, everything is free, we have 30%exp buff, so when i reached lvl 60 i didn't grinding at all during my lvl up, like someone said on this post, we lvl so much faster, greatness is easier to achieve on this server, mounts are easy to obtain (1.2k of gold is a rhyno, when we reach 60 we have like 25k of gold or more), only stupid people stick with f2p server, we still have the daily pot/elixir quest so idk what damage boost you are talking about that we don't have. we are so much booster than f2p server because of our free advantages like stats/rubies etc.
and we have extra legendary slot earring (because on f2p server we don't start with 2 earrings slots, you have to pay them and it's expensive, and it's rare to find extra legendary slot earring to buy on f2p because it's the cherry of the cake: it's very hard to get one from scamboxes, well, good thing we get this for FREE).

you get everything on regular server with playing only? hahahahahaha well, you may get 'em if you have years of playing and hours of hard farming and no life at all, to obtain gold that you can trade with what? 86g:1cash currency? are you kidding me? just stop talking already allods-online-player because you are so hipocritical on everything that you post on this forum, try to sell your "f2p" server to another person

on payserver i have 20 statpoints, on normal server i have 19; this is the only thing... but i dont see how i have to pay even 1$ for this, there is a currency exchange and there is the auction house
someday i will have 25 statpoints while on payserver this will not be possbile

you are stuck forever with level 5 runes and P4, which makes everything after level 30(?) harder than needed and endgame grinding significantly slower
i rather care for my runes and get level 8 for free than paying for level 5 and doing nothing about it else

rubies are more than enough on normal server too, especially after level 55 patch we had so many rubies... but you even get mages diary I + II for almost free from AH while even part III is relatively easy to get. part IV is not needeed at all, thats the only part which is hard to get

i reached level 60 also without any grinding, cause i simply played my reincarnations while smiling of destiny, but even if there would not have been, you can still find other ways

when i reached level 60 with my reinc i had much more than 25k gold, and i bought a mount which is much faster than the sluglike rhino (which cant even swim)

payserver also lack the conclave-statpoints, right? another thing that makes game comfortable

the earring slot is almost worthless, cause a blue one is cheap in auction-house and more than a blue earring-slot is a useless waste

also, on normal server you start with 5 row bag while on payserver 3rowbag... i prefer 5rowbag over orange earringslot anytime!

you get nothing for free on payserver (when free time is over, now its really free ^^ ) because you MUST pay as long as you play, or you cannot play any longer
the boring "nolife" argument makes obvious you dont know how the auctionhouse works, because even a completely new player can be very sucessful with minimal timeefforts

and dou you really want to command me with "just stop talking"? :love: that made me giggle :D

i am not selling anything, i did not even pay one $ / € for allods in the 2 years i play, but i do love this game, simply because its the best MMO on the internet, and that for FREE! :thumbsup:

Saturday, June 14th 2014, 8:38pm

Alafff

Intermediate

but i do love this game, simply because its the best MMO on the internet, and that for FREE!

Then stop trolling about both server please, i'm getting sick of it . You don't like it that your choice . You think free server is better , that is your OPINION not the same for lots of us. You are a lucky guy cause you bought or you said you bought all your upgrades for free , You're one out of a thousand . That your choice to farm to buy Cs objects . Lots of people coming to play and have fun , not to farm. At your discharge lublur attacked first , even if what you say about pop is false (We're around 40 i'd say :) )

As for me , once player of f2p , put around 200€ in that game , i'm tired of farming or putting money to get comfort , so i left my 4 year old character and made a new one (pretty much the same) on sub server to enjoy a basic comfort , a balanced pvp (which is not here anymore) , and a more relaxed mentality (People only dislike you cause of your skill and gear , not anymore cause of the cs items you dont have).

So yeah atm i just gave 50€ at gpotato to play. And now enjoying almost three months of free sub server . Had more fun on sub that on f2p and still have. Skill is the main thing that determine if you're good , not time played or Money you pour in cs , And that why i'm still here

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Monday, June 16th 2014, 3:51am

but i do love this game, simply because its the best MMO on the internet, and that for FREE!

Then stop trolling about both server please, i'm getting sick of it . You don't like it that your choice . You think free server is better , that is your OPINION not the same for lots of us. You are a lucky guy cause you bought or you said you bought all your upgrades for free , You're one out of a thousand . That your choice to farm to buy Cs objects . Lots of people coming to play and have fun , not to farm. At your discharge lublur attacked first , even if what you say about pop is false (We're around 40 i'd say :) )

As for me , once player of f2p , put around 200€ in that game , i'm tired of farming or putting money to get comfort , so i left my 4 year old character and made a new one (pretty much the same) on sub server to enjoy a basic comfort , a balanced pvp (which is not here anymore) , and a more relaxed mentality (People only dislike you cause of your skill and gear , not anymore cause of the cs items you dont have).

So yeah atm i just gave 50€ at gpotato to play. And now enjoying almost three months of free sub server . Had more fun on sub that on f2p and still have. Skill is the main thing that determine if you're good , not time played or Money you pour in cs , And that why i'm still here

how am i trolling? i am honest about what i say

i present the facts to everyone so its obvious what is better

i also play and have fun , thats what i came here for too :)

its weird to me that ppl who do not like to do so farm at all, its absolutely NOT necessary
i recommend: only farming when you enjoy it!

Monday, June 16th 2014, 5:06am

Xaraman

Trainee

It may be your honest opinion, but it doesn't mean you're correct. Same point about what you say is "fact" is "better" ;)

We all get it; you haven't had to spend a single penny on this game. You're a master of the auction house. Good for you!

But the average player of this game will end up spending money on the p2w server. Pure and simple. If it were my call, I'd also recommend going to p2p server, especially if you are a new player and can afford €10 per month (when they start charging for subscriptions).

Those extra stat points/Pat5/Rune boost you talk about mean nothing in PvP when you're competing against others on a level playing field. It's just DPS/HPS and if it's balanced, no one should care anymore than that.

Monday, June 16th 2014, 5:11am

It may be your honest opinion, but it doesn't mean you're correct. Same point about what you say is "fact" is "better" ;)

We all get it; you haven't had to spend a single penny on this game. You're a master of the auction house. Good for you!

But the average player of this game will end up spending money on the p2w server. Pure and simple. If it were my call, I'd also recommend going to p2p server, especially if you are a new player and can afford €10 per month (when they start charging for subscriptions).

Those extra stat points/Pat5/Rune boost you talk about mean nothing in PvP when you're competing against others on a level playing field. It's just DPS/HPS and if it's balanced, no one should care anymore than that.

due to some comments which are made on the forum new players may get the false impression its impossbile to play free and be on top
its important to say over and over again that a normal (not a casual!) player can do well with just a little effort

for 10€ a month you can get very much on normal server, but you are not forced to pay for playing there

i dont see why an average player would end up donating if he does not want to do so, its not like you cannot play without X Y from z-shop :S

beside the boosts mean a lot in leveling-pvp...

Monday, June 16th 2014, 5:41am

Xaraman

Trainee

due to some comments which are made on the forum new players may get the false impression its impossbile to play free and be on top

But, it is impossible to play for free and be "on top". Of course, it depends on what your definition of being "on top" in this game is. For most people, I would say that means to be able to win regularly in PvP events and to raid in the top tier guilds for PvE and be successful (ie. members of the top 5 guilds on the dominion ladder). Have you reached my perceived level of what "on top" is? What is your opinion of being "on top" in this game?

Quoted

its important to say over and over again that a normal (not a casual!) player can do well with just a little effort

You are correct here. But, tell me; what sort of hours do you think a "normal" player should put into the game?

Quoted

i dont see why an average player would end up donating if he does not want to do so....

Very good point here. Everyone needs to remember they are only making a donation to my.com and not buying anything of intrinsic value. So, would you prefer to pay €10 per month and not have to buy anything else for the game or pay €10 per month and possibly have to pay some more to get the mount/earring slot/pat5/lvl10 runes you always wanted etc etc etc? ;) (I am talking generally and not about your situation in particular).

Quoted

beside the boosts mean a lot in leveling-pvp...

What you mean by "levelling pvp"? If you mean the XP you get from killing another player, then it's just standard pvp and my point from my last post stands. If the pvp between similarly geared chars is balanced (as it is in the p2p server), then this does not matter.

Cheers!

Monday, June 16th 2014, 1:10pm

To my perception there seems to be four kinds of player:

(A) Has lots of time to spend, but little money.
(B) Has lots of money to spend, but little time.
(C) Has lots of both money and time to spend.

and (theoretically)

(D) Has little money and little time.

although I am not sure if the (D) type is real, if someone falls into that group - they're doing something seriously wrong with their life.

Having played on both servers I can confidently say this:

Player (A) should definitely go p2p server, player (B) should definitely go f2p server and player (C) can go either one and be very successful.
Player (D) (if it really exists) should obviously get to fixing their life and turn to either (A), (B), or (C).

Edit: Know that only player (C) has the real freedom to make a choice. For the other types, if they choose wrong, they will both experience frustration (albeit for much different reasons): (A) that he can never farm enough to compete with (B)s on the f2p, and (B) that he can never catch up gear-wise to compete with (A)s on the p2p.

This game model is actually wickedly awesome in my opinion.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jun 16th 2014, 1:31pm)

Tuesday, June 17th 2014, 2:49am

But, it is impossible to play for free and be "on top". Of course, it depends on what your definition of being "on top" in this game is. For most people, I would say that means to be able to win regularly in PvP events and to raid in the top tier guilds for PvE and be successful (ie. members of the top 5 guilds on the dominion ladder). Have you reached my perceived level of what "on top" is? What is your opinion of being "on top" in this game?

its rather hard to define that, but your description will most probably fit what lots of players mean
also lots of ppl will say "nuking everythin in pvp" i guess :P

for me, accrding to my personal goals, top means:
0] not spending money and not beeing dependent on anyone (guildmates etc.)
1] having fun,
2] having all items that make the game comfortable/funny: looter, fast mount, various damage-enhancers, bag-enlargement
3] all reincarnations to max level so you can be free at choosing your desired class and so on
4] having the option to respec at any time for free so i can really play what i want and how i want; which makes it possible to achieve
5] beeing successful in pve AND pvp due to variable specs

so basically i want to unlock all options which are possbile

i do not care for having all gear at teal color#2 (56 glyphs / 61 gear) and i also do not care for having all dragonic relics level 60
so to sum up i dont care for cpmpleting my gear

2, 3, 4 and 5 would not be possible at payserver

You are correct here. But, tell me; what sort of hours do you think a "normal" player should put into the game?

its really hard to tell, i think playing 1-3 hours a day is average; that would mean enough time to get daily availabe goodies while still "messing around" in game

Very good point here. Everyone needs to remember they are only making a donation to my.com and not buying anything of intrinsic value. So, would you prefer to pay €10 per month and not have to buy anything else for the game or pay €10 per month and possibly have to pay some more to get the mount/earring slot/pat5/lvl10 runes you always wanted etc etc etc? ;) (I am talking generally and not about your situation in particular).

if you would theoretically donate 10€ / month on normal server you could get nearly all the CS items ultra fast... remember: 10E = 1.000 crystals... = ~40.000 gold!
pegasus topmount was for 80.000 gold in AH, most damage-enhancers from boxes are resold too for discount prices on AH, P5 is accumulated cumulative anyway, so no stress there while buying runes without cc-sale is no option at all from an economic view anyway
earring in blue is also 18k gold or something, remember purple or orange are no real improvement but are 10 times more expensive! the secret is to know which shopitems are not worth it...

not wasting gold with vanity and non-permanent boosts is obvious i think and possbile for every normal player
ofc if you play long enough you can even improve your income with sellings (like me)

What you mean by "levelling pvp"? If you mean the XP you get from killing another player, then it's just standard pvp and my point from my last post stands. If the pvp between similarly geared chars is balanced (as it is in the p2p server), then this does not matter.

i mean the pvp as it occurs in asee teph, in eljune, coba, coldberg, dragon ring and yazes shard; the option when you do quests and suddenly see an enemy with a red name, you attack him and the fight starts (so it was not intended but since the option was there you took it)
in this kind of PVP all sorts of damageboosts do a large difference which i can tell for sure since i have leveled with different amounts of shopitems...

Tuesday, June 17th 2014, 2:55am

To my perception there seems to be four kinds of player:

(A) Has lots of time to spend, but little money.
(B) Has lots of money to spend, but little time.
(C) Has lots of both money and time to spend.

and (theoretically)

(D) Has little money and little time.

although I am not sure if the (D) type is real, if someone falls into that group - they're doing something seriously wrong with their life.

Having played on both servers I can confidently say this:

Player (A) should definitely go p2p server, player (B) should definitely go f2p server and player (C) can go either one and be very successful.
Player (D) (if it really exists) should obviously get to fixing their life and turn to either (A), (B), or (C).

Edit: Know that only player (C) has the real freedom to make a choice. For the other types, if they choose wrong, they will both experience frustration (albeit for much different reasons): (A) that he can never farm enough to compete with (B)s on the f2p, and (B) that he can never catch up gear-wise to compete with (A)s on the p2p.

This game model is actually wickedly awesome in my opinion.

this was a very precise, good explaination

according to my impressions,
type C is extremely rare and almost never stays for long time on one game, so in the end most players are either A or B;
type D is the typical quitter, which plays his char until level 15 and stops then

the game model is so effective because its fun to "fight" the other type, at least for me

since A does not generate any income for the game itself at first his value to the game company is questionable
to understand that, we must bring to our mind that A is mostly a type of player which does not give up easily, so he will be a good opponent to B
B would theoretically give up faster, but with the advantages from his boost he will still manage to stay in game and / or also refrain from quitting since he has already put serious amounts of money AND time (again, which is rare for him) into the game

Tuesday, June 17th 2014, 1:17pm

Alafff

Intermediate

2, 3, 4 and 5 would not be possible at payserver

Sorry but 2 is possible , Pvp animation is useless , mount speed is time relative cause they will always make more powerful/fast mount. And you don't need all the other crap when everyone is on the same level as you.

3 . Well can't have all incarnation , this sure is bad for some people but Coremorpher don't cost this much so it's okay.
4. True enough , and 14k gold is a little expensive.

5. Sorry but Greatness help you handle 90% of situations . And well one amalgam for one symbol , it is nothing to make.

Finally 0 + 0.50 + 1 + 0.10 give you 1,60pts out of 4 , that is not enough try again :)

Finally i understood why you don't like sub server : Cause even if you farm , even if you get luck in events you can't have major advantages over the rest of the community like you currently have on f2p. Well that's not your fault. Lots of people came on the serv at the beginning "wanting to test true pvp where skill matter" Then they went back to f2p cause they found they didnt have "skill" without all their cash shop items.

Old character
Alaff (90 Warrior F2P)
Alaff (95 Warrior P2P)

Tuesday, June 17th 2014, 3:07pm

And you don't need all the other crap when everyone is on the same level as you.

ofc its not NEEDED

mounts are not needed also, same as bags bigger than 3 rows, looter is not NEEDED also, you get my point?

but i dont want to refrain from having life absorption, mana absorption, conclave statpoints, offensive statpoints and so on
also i dont want to refrain from havon 250% more attack and heal instead of 200

its not crap to me, its valuable items that make the game more satisfying and rewarding for a player

but Coremorpher don't cost this much so it's okay.

if you use coremorpher you cannot instantly change your class like you can do when you have all classes at level 60 in reincarnation-menu
(i mean if i want to play 30 minutes as healer, then scout, but after 40 min idecide i want to continue as psionicist)

Greatness help you handle 90% of situations

ofc its POSSIBLE to succeed here, but i want the TOTAL FREEDOM for my char someday, not a minimalistic solution here

on normal server i got perm. respec after ~ 1,5 years, on payserver it would be impossible even after X years

try again

i dont understand. try again what?

Finally i understood why you don't like sub server : Cause even if you farm , even if you get luck in events you can't have major advantages over the rest of the community like you currently have on f2p

correctly, payserver does not reward the effort i am willing to put in enough

i like allods cause it is not a stateless game like counterstrike or football where a player that just started has the same options like a player that is in for 2 years
its only skill that decides in stateless games, nothing else

maybe choice of weapon, so M4A1 is a bit more accurate while AK47 does minimal more DMG.... wow, the difference is no minimal its almost not existant, i want bigger diffrerences... allods offers them
even paladin and warrior are COMPLETELY different although theoretically close

these stateless games with almost no differences become boring very fast

(so regarding payserver its like gear up and game finished, game over while normal server offers far more things to achieve beside gearing)

however in games like allods its effort/progress + skill that decide who wins

i think you searched on payserver a stateless skirmish game based on allods mechanics, so the best thing would be a version of allods where every player decides class and spec, then enters skirmish

all have same gear, so only class, spec and skill are different... would you like that?
would be a PURE pvp server

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jun 17th 2014, 3:13pm)

Tuesday, June 17th 2014, 7:06pm

> all have same gear, so only class, spec and skill are different... would you like that?
> would be a PURE pvp server

Old astral confrontation (cannons, checkpoints) could definitely be a stand alone game. Old FPS like unreal tournament had very similar modes ( I'm thinking about domination/assault game modes in old unreal tournament from '99 and onslaught in unreal tournament 2004 )

Wasting time on very easy and repetitive content doesn't make much sense. We had to do it because only because pvp content requires gear. AFAIK no one would do astral just for astral. We did it for LOOT that was required in astral confrontation / skirmishes / open pvp. We would pvp even more if gear was not an issue.

Rate this thread