You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 1:28am

[Lag and connection issues] I hope Im not alone

Games been really laggy lately getting dc'd a lot and my.com wont connect to server for several minutes. Anyone else experiencing this? TBH its irritating as all hell and makes me want to not play.
Nomnomnom

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Jun 12th 2014, 4:27am) with the following reason: change the title

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 2:19am

Yes,recently it has been lagging even in green ping for me and some others which is weird and this actually makes reincarnation leveling extra harder and boring..Not to mention getting dc and black ping every now and then even when my connection is stable.People would say sometimes it's your performance lol but my PC far exceeds the game requirements..I can play games 2x and 3x allods' graphics on my PC smoothly so how is it performance?Moreover on my old PC which had far lower video card etc,I had performance problems so I know how performance lags are(screen freeze and very hard lags that you can barely move your pointer on screen)but the lag I get now is different..It's like seeing people teleporting and rifting sometimes or annoying disconnects then I come back to find my reincarnation dead etc while ping is green which definitely has nothing to do with performance so what's the source of this lag and can it be fixed?Not you only experiencing this problem nor me only but also some people in my guild and others I know in game have same dc s and lags at same time.
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 4:25am

Hello,

Klarisse from the FR section of the forum had explained that ingame lags may be caused by an addons.
http://fr.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…26965#post26965
Yo, as tu un fichier mod.txt dans le dossier log situer dans personal du jeu. Si oui ouvre le et regarde si tu as pas un addon qui te spam des erreurs. N’hésite pas a allez voir s'il y a des mise a jour sur alloder.pro

You got to look at your "mods.txt", in your "Personnal/Logs" folder. You'll see if an addon is sending multiple error reports. Then you'll have to go to alloderpro and see if there is a new version.

---

For any other connection issue, i encourage you to send a request to Customer Support, with a traceroute/ping from your computer to the game server as explained here :
http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…D=4282#post4282
or here for the game server adress :
http://en.allods.com/forum/index.php?pag…D=8229#post8229

Customer Support page is here : http://support.my.com/games/kb/allods/?code=en_US
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 8:01am

i do not experience any extralag

i use lots of addons

it may help if you decline writing rights for "Personnal/Logs", so you wont get any file there

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 10:06am

There are two different kinds of "lag": peformance lag and connection lag.

What Cerealkiller and Hilver describe are connection lags, latency problems. The errors in "mods.txt" can only produce performance lag, so I doubt it can help them if they clear the file.

But nontheless, it's good if that file gets cleaned once in a while. With all the patches we're getting, lots of old addons start 'screaming' in that file.

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 11:06am

Guza

Intermediate

When ping in game is showing as green and u lag as hell , that means the server is lagging.
I am not sure if this lag existed on Eu server but NA server it was a common thing.
So seeing how the game still lags on this new server that should mean the NA database is corrupted and its the cause of this lag.
That is just my theory I am not sure really. But I know when the ping is green ingame and u lag like hell its not ur problem its the server problem.

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 11:08am

When ping in game is showing as green and u lag as hell , that means the server is lagging.
I am not sure if this lag existed on Eu server but NA server it was a common thing.
So seeing how the game still lags on this new server that should mean the NA database is corrupted and its the cause of this lag.
That is just my theory I am not sure really. But I know when the ping is green ingame and u lag like hell its not ur problem its the server problem.

on EU it existed too
not as hard as on US server, but it was there :(

not always however

Thursday, June 12th 2014, 2:22pm

That's exactly the lag I get and this theory kinda makes sense..I thought it might be distance between regions and servers as well but it's not me only so your theory kinda makes more sense specially some people till now from NA server haven't got back their characters yet till this very moment so may be things haven't settled well yet :(
Hilver level 60 Kanian great skald.

Friday, June 13th 2014, 3:31am

Yea Green ping, and green performance but still get lag and disconnecting a lot. Lag every 30 seconds or so and a DC about once every 15 to 20 minutes. My computer rig is newly rebuilt and more than capable of handling Allods, internet connection is good. I went through the personal logs and did what was recommended and still same issues.... Sorry Allods team I know it is not your intention nor is it your desire to have to deal with such vague issues, but after playing this game for so long and spending so much money on it over the years I cant help but feel a little let down. At any rate Its my busy season at work and I dont find myself being as active as I normally am, perhaps waiting this out will be the solution I should have a little more patience for. I hope something can be done to alleviate this in the near future. Thank you all for your responses and time spent on this thread.
Nomnomnom

Friday, August 1st 2014, 9:30am

Yulian

Intermediate

Hey I don't know if your still around but I had the same problem too and I use Windows 7(if you are too go to Control panel -> User accounts and family safety -> User accounts -> Change user account settings and set the slider to never notify restart and play the game)

Friday, August 1st 2014, 1:18pm

"Lag" means high latency in communication between the client and the server. Unless the server architecture is distributed, it can't really "lag" by itself. If what you're trying to say is that the server has trouble processing data from this amount of players, then everyone would experience this and that is not the case.

If the architecture is indeed distributed and there is high latency between parts of the server itself, then again every player would be experiencing this.

Hey I don't know if your still around but I had the same problem too and I use Windows 7(if you are too go to Control panel -> User accounts and family safety -> User accounts -> Change user account settings and set the slider to never notify restart and play the game)

Windows operating systems always require heavy reconfiguration after install, the defaults assume it's user is mentally challenged.

About the ping, it might be that latency display "system" isn't working as intended. It does not expose nearly enough information, it has just four states: green, yellow, red and black. I think a proper display should show latency in milliseconds.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Dala" (Aug 1st 2014, 1:32pm)

Friday, August 1st 2014, 1:48pm

Guza

Intermediate

I said many times before and I am gonna say it again, when GB is lagging, or combat I ping the server and let it ping for 10 mins.
Ping shows constant 26ms latency while the game is lagging.
When server cant keep up with the data that is being processed, that is also called Lag.

"Lag" - "fail to keep up with another or others in movement or development"
"Lag" - "a period of time between one event and another"

"In online gaming, lag is a noticeable delay between the action of players and the reaction of the server. Although lag may be caused by high latency, it may also occur due to insufficient processing power in the client and/or server"

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Guza" (Aug 1st 2014, 2:00pm)

Friday, August 1st 2014, 7:02pm

There are several phenomena that are bundled up into the catchall term "lag".

These phenomena exist in all aspects of the client-server infrastructure.

They also exist in all transit layers - while you may be able to ping in a reasonable time, different protocols will respond differently - hence ping not matching displayed latency, as they use different protocols.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Rate this thread