You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, June 21st 2014, 6:57pm

Alternative ways to get ship parts/crystals

The fact that we can now get gear by farming the loot zones instead of going astral is great but it has created another problem. It is now much harder to find someone with a ship that can sail in the astral. Converting keys instead of doing allods is leaving us short on ships to go to allods in.

My suggestion is making it so when you trade a key for extra loot conversion you also be given a random part and some crystals. This will allow people who can't go astral due to missing people or lack of a ship good enough to go to build their ship up so later it will be able to handle astral.

Sunday, June 22nd 2014, 10:56pm

Kissaki

Trainee

Pretty sure you can buy lvl 10 crystals from a vendor in Astral Academy.

Besides.... if you're converting all your keys for astral loot, what ya need a ship for? :D

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 1:21am

Kissaki

Trainee

Yeah buy them from the Demon Hunter NPC in Astral Academy. Lowest option when talking to her is Buy 10th gen Crystals - 32g/crystal.

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 4:03pm

As to why people would need ships when they have already had to trade their keys from previous weeks to get gear.
  • There is more to do in astral than sail to allods. You can also farm gold by doing the trade route, caravan route, and slaying the astral monstrosity. These require a good ship.
  • Due to the refractors you can farm the boxes from astral can give you more pieces of upgrading items than trading your keys to buy boxes.

The fact you can buy gen 10 crystals is good and I had not seen that option. Now how about a way to get good Gen 10 or 11 parts? Most of the stuff from those generations you see in AH are crap like hauler motors and candle reactors.

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 5:40pm

Kissaki

Trainee

If you go to AMI you will loot Gen 11 Parts there, often epics. You can also get Gen 11 crystals from there by trading with Demon Hunter NPC inside the hangar.

For Gen 10 parts you could go to Monster Dens.

For both of these I guess you'd need to yell around town for parties until you personally had a ship to handle them, but anything is possible if ya got the moves! :D

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 10:35pm

Um standard catch 22 of astral with your suggestion to just do the AMD. You need a good ship of the same generation or better. Can't get astral > can't gear ship > can't do AMD.

Also I checked the demon hunter NPC and there isn't an option to buy crystals. Just the shop windows for Decaying anomalous matter, anomalous matter, and unexplored emanations. The shop might be locked until you can sail out enough to unlock the shop for the new emanations.

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 1:17am

Kissaki

Trainee

I'm like duuude it's really not that hard to get on an AMI/MD team with guild/randoms is it? :D

OK I have yet another suggestion for you. You make around 500g/allod in S3 just from the non-upgrader loot you get and the gold for killing the 4 bosses. If you have alchemy as a profession or loot an epic chest then you make far more.

What this means is that you only need 1 other person in your party to hire 2 mercs each and you will break even on your runs as well as looting parts and crystals. It's not hard to fly in S3 even with the basic gen 9 ship and so long as the merc-monkey you picked up is fixing the shields, you'll be fine.

Yes, you will have to unlock the shop to buy the gen 11 crystals there. You can do this via AMI or the Control of Trade quest. Again, ask in guild or Novo/Nezeb for parties. Good luck, adios, chachacha.

P.s. Hope this was helpful and not just a pain in the butt cos you were trying to push your idea for crystals and parts from Wellebell loot :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kissaki" (Jun 24th 2014, 7:33pm)

Tuesday, June 24th 2014, 11:14pm

The fact that we can now get gear by farming the loot zones instead of going astral is great but it has created another problem. It is now much harder to find someone with a ship that can sail in the astral. Converting keys instead of doing allods is leaving us short on ships to go to allods in.

My suggestion is making it so when you trade a key for extra loot conversion you also be given a random part and some crystals. This will allow people who can't go astral due to missing people or lack of a ship good enough to go to build their ship up so later it will be able to handle astral.

Getting crystals and ship parts must be done in astral. Getting gear is done by fighting enemies, be it in allods or the wild shore. I would actually love it if sailing around, killing demons, maybe killing a boss demon in various astral sectors was actually a way of gearing up your ship.

But getting ship parts and crystals for wellebell farming? No. It makes no sense. Why get parts for something you're not using? The logic I have is that you should upgrade something by using it to get the upgraders. You have to use your gear to get better gear, and you should have to use your ship to get a better ship.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!